PGC: Going Dutch for FM14

emmen-flag.png

Hi all! The dane is back! This time with a short evaluation of the just finished season and a short review of my expectations for the new season.

Previous season

Well, the season started with me at NAC Breda, and feeling quite at home, but things quickly took a disturbing change. It couldn't get a form going to save my life! I ended up being sacked after half a season and decided to move to a low-positioned side to get a fresh start at a club with no expectations. As you know, I went for FC Emmen, who were battling to save their life at the bottom. Well, we managed to survive without too much trouble - but we weren't excatly a good side. So, the season was really okay, but nothing more. I survived, which was my goal. Great, now on to the new season!

New season

The new season is fast approaching! I haven't seen the board's expectations yet, but I can't imagine that it's anything higher than staying clear of relegation. Which suits me fine. I still need at least half a season or more to get a somewhat decent team together - but nothing that will even be able to compete for a mid-table position. I'm basically skint - we have basically no transfer budget, and since Emmen is in so low regard amongst players, nobody really wants to sign for me, so I'm hoping for the best and trying to get some players in on loan, but it's going to be tough. And since I left 2/3 of my team go on free transfers, I can only just field a side, so I new some players! This fortunately means that I actually have room in my wage budget to try and get some decent players - but they won't sign! I did manage to find 4 decent players on free during the last half of the previous season, so there's something to build on, and hopefully I'll have some positive news next time regarding transfers!

That's all for now!

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excelsior_Rotterdam.png

Greetings one and all and welcome to my latest irregular update on my list of failures, complaints and outright moaning about my lack of skill er luck in this game.

First a finish to the last post's season-narrowly missed playoff-again. :rolleyes:

Right so another season gone, cup wise meh got a few rounds in went out big whoop. So onto the important bit the Jupiter League season or hell on earth take your pick. The season started well but quickly reverted to the usual routine, win a few lose a few keep kinda around the playoffs but never get there, expectations as usual was avoid relegation-my board people, repeated consistent finishes top half in the hunt for a playoff spot and they still expect to get relegated next season. As the season went on I was constantly tweaking the tactic to fit in my new signings and looking for that sweet spot where everything just works. And I found it 2nd half of season my form went through the roof and my side found their scoring boots the most notable result being away to (by then all but champion) Andy's Eindhoven and destroying him 5-0.

All that lead to me actually getting a playoff spot for once and first round for me was against perpetual choker Steve who having already choked in the league and blowing the automatic spot choked again giving me and aggregate 6-1 victory over the two legs. My final obstacle was Helmond Sport a nervy home draw (1-1) and at half time in the return leg things weren't looking good, 1-0 down and barely in the game so I took out my tactical guidebook and went to my standard strategy when things are looking grim, stop playing football, hack them down, hit it long and run faster. Sophisticated I know. Of coarse I wouldn't use such tactics as my backup plan when all else fails unless they had a track record of relative success and it worked a treat. scoring 4 in the 2nd half to give me a 5-2 aggregate victory and a ticket out of the hellhole that is the jupiter division.

Finally lets have some screenshots to make it look like I'm not just making this all up as I go along and generally make the post look that bit better. First up the league results

hq9w.png

stats make everything better

qyu5.png

and how my board is worshiping at my feet

ztew.png

Right now back to planning how to survive in the top league on a tiny budget/get the hell out of this club asap.

Signing off

Joe-Excelsior

Jamie - Volendam

A mid table finish with the team once again struggling in the back end of the season with just one win from the final 10 or so games.

Had a bit of a summer clear out

kAKJnkg.png

In so far with another 3 due to complete

kdln.png

Signed some good young prospects so and the solid midfielders we have needed to push in to the top half of the league and hopefully top 6

Jack - Almere

Moving on from the tripe posted above!! I've once again made an awesome start to my 4th year in charge at Almere City. Not going to lie, I love this little club - we're constantly punching above our weight and I've never missed the playoffs since taking over. We have once again qualified for the playoffs after just 7 games as we finished first just like last year in the 1st round, have a few excellent players from France in particular.

Very excited about the team this year, we are much more attacking and lead the league in goals scored which is a great turnaround - we had a reputation of winning 1-0 more often than not last year.

Really enjoying the clan since making the switch, have undoubtedly found my love for FM and Lower league management in the Jupiler - part of me doesn't want to go up I'm enjoying this league so much!

Till next time,

Roddy Bastian (Jack)

Almere City FC Manager.

emmen-flag.png

So the Dane is back with another update!

When I last posted here, we were in the middle of the transfers window and my squad was looking thin... I had around 50 loan requests out, hoping to get a few decent players in.

Well, after the transfer window ended, 31 players had left my side, while 12 players have joined, with one more joining when the winter window opens...

I was stoked to get some decent players in on loan, as this meant I didn't have to panic-buy half-decent players, but I actually have time to slowly build the side.

Below you can see an early screenshot of my transfer activities... The only difference since has been one more player added...

transfers.png

Now on to the season... My expectations starting out this season was to simply be just outside of the relegation battle and slowly build my side into a more capable squad. But apparently my team wanted differently.

After tonight's session, we're currently sitting in 4th position after 15 games... WTF! My team has played way above what we're actually capable off. I have to say, I'm shocked that we're even in the PO positions, and I have no delusion that we're going to stay there for the remainder of the season. In fact, I'm hoping we won't!

My plan to slowly build the side up depends on the board keeping their expectations low, so I won't ever get close to a sacking. The board loves me. I'm "Untouchable" at the club, but this is not really ideal since my team doesn't have the quality to keep performing like this.

At the moment, a lot of teams are very unstable and underperforming, which is likely one of the main reasons why my team is overperforming. I'm expecting this to balance out during the final half of the season and I'm aiming for a safe midtable position.

Below you can see the excellent form my team has been in this season:

Screenshot-2014-03-04 00.31.37.png

aio1.png

Sensational start to the season for the Slosch. Mark's position belies his early form and the table shows just how well Jonas is doing (one of only 3 sides I could not beat along with MVV and De Graaf). Hopefully we can continue to pull away in time for my holiday, so that the assistant does not destroy my promotion hopes in my absence. One good bit of news is that we won stage 2 and already have a play-off berth reserved. Unlike Jack, I'm not getting the pipe and slippers out and waiting for the playoffs.

Am I back or is it just a false dawn. Time will tell. Main thing is I am guaranteed a playoff shout so rest of season will just be aimed at bringing a few youngsters through.

Going to JVC and UNA certainly was worthwhile just to learn the trade and get back to basics... now im at a proper club I feel stronger although I still seem a bit sloppy at times. Will only be signing 1 or 2 players as I don't want to risk sending the team down financially.

08o4.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

This season is all about avoiding relegation and so far things are going ok finding ourselves in 12th place but its tight at the bottom so we need to battle on and hopefully finish above the play off zone.

Our home form is as good as 5th place VVV but its on our travels were we are suffering only winning 2 games out of 10, so ill be looking to turn our away form round in the remaining away ties.

Until Next Time......

m9b9.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

The goal this year was to avoid relegation and this was only ratified on the last day of the season.

0bj1.png

It was a bit close for comfort only surviving the relegation play-offs by a single point. Its my away form that was the biggest concern only picking up 3 wins on my travels. The caravan wasn't a happy place this season on the road and Mrs van der Lubbe certainly knew about it.

In the cup we reached the 4th round only 1 of 4 humans to do so but none of us managed to progress any further.

On to the new season and we are predicted to finish 17th which isn't surprising as 2 stronger teams have joined the ranks this season making our task of staying in the top tier that much harder.

Finances were once again desperate with the board refusing to give in to any of my demands regarding wages and budgets but things were given a much needed boost with the sale of 17 year old AMC Gwendal Cadoret to AC Milan for £5,000,000 up front + 25% of the profit of next sale + Friendly allowing me some freedom to move in the market. A fantastic profit for a player who was bought as a 15yr old for £5K.

06w3.png

ehkv.png

On the transfer front our biggest signing is the loaning of young Korean Jeon Sang-Hoon from PSG for the season.

dtgc.png

That's all for now.

Until next Time........

Jupiler Team Stats 2019/20

Goals Scored

etgz.png

Least Goals Conceded

nyw8.png

Goals From Corners

uf8d.png

Goals From IFK's

hapx.png

Goals From DFK'S

kf8s.png

Penalties Scored

f5tu.png

Yellow Cards

yp8v.png

Red Cards

cnve.png

Average Attendance

1p4i.png

Average Attendance By Percentage (%)

wk0d.png

Stadium Sellouts

qzid.png

Net Transfer Spend

7l7p.png

Salary Per Annum

yohi.png

Eredivisie Team Stats 2019/20

Goals Scored

9ndb.png

Least Goals Conceded

c49t.png

Goals From Corners

pqsn.png

Goals From IFK's

bhd9.png

Goals From DFK'S

updn.png

Penalties Scored

6yd0.png

Yellow Cards

4awm.png

Red Cards

ppmz.png

Average Attendance

zb4s.png

Average Attendance By Percentage (%)

l2po.png

Stadium Sellouts

h8ez.png

Net Transfer Spend

tchc.png

Salary Per Annum

44q7.png

emmen-flag.png

Season review

The dane is back! Oh boy, what a second season at Emmen! We were predicted to be one of the bottom teams, and the board weren't expecting much. For a large part of the first half of the season, we were actually a PO candidate, and like I said in my last post - I did not expect that to continue!

And I was right… As the season went on, things started to even out, and we didn't play that much above our potential anymore… But, at the end of the season, we found ourselves at 11th, which was pretty decent, if I have to say so myself. We went from 16th last season to 11th in this, while we're still considered as one of the weakest teams in the league.

New season

Well, for the new season, I'm going for a lot of changes. Last season I had a bunch of players in on loan from various large clubs (Arsenal, Dortmund, etc.), but for this season, I've brought in a lot (a lot!) of young players and currently don't have any players on loan. Most of the players are on 1 year contracts, so I can ship out the weakest again for next season.

We're still being predicted as one of the weakest teams and have a predicted final position of 3rd last, but I've promised my board a mid table position. This might come back to being a mistake, but I'm feeling confident in my side. While I don't expect us to be pushing for a PO spot, I'm expecting a season a bit similar to the last, where we might surprise a few teams, but no make any really big waves. I see at least 5-6 sides that I should be stronger than, so I don't really expect to be a bottom side.

Like I mentioned earlier, I've bought a lot of new players. This has previously at other clubs been a mistake on my part - that I bought too many players and therefore couldn't get a consistent side going. But for this club I actually think it's a good approach. I have a strong foundation with 6-7 players featuring in my starting line up from last season which will hopefully stabilise things. My major concern for the season at the moment is that I let my main GK go after his contract ended because he wasn't really that good, but so far I haven't been able to find one that can really replace him. At the moment I'm contemplating putting my 19 year old GK in (in front of my 2 reserves from last season) as his potential is decent. Also, I currently only have 3 natural DC's, which might become an issue, but I'm hoping I'll be able to cope and possibly just use some of my left backs as backup, as they have the stats to play DC as well…

Well, that's it for now… I'll be back with an update on the transfer window next time!

Rumple Stiltskin/Steamboat/Ali - Feyenoord

Well the curtain fell on my second season with Feyenoord and, once again, we find ourselves just 3 points a drift of the eventual title winners. Our second consecutive 2nd place finish suggests that I'm on the right track to building a solid, cohesive unit in which to challenge for Eredivisie titles. At present time, the disparity between the big four sides in the Dutch top flight is minimal to say the least. An eventual difference of 9 points between 1st and 4th does very little to explain the competitiveness I experienced fighting tooth and nail against PSV, FC Twente and Ajax, with all of us occupying top spot on separate occasions.

I exited both Cups early, losing to one of the worst teams in the Jupiler League in the Dutch Cup, and being knocked out 4-1 on aggregate against Barcelona in the Champions League. We were completely steamrolled by Barca in the first knock-out round, proving just how difficult us managers in the Dutch League are going to find it when we start playing in European competitions more regularly.

There is a long term plan in place here at Feyer. We have a solid transfer budget each season in which to improve the first team squad, but we do need to rely on loans here to capture some of the better players whose wage demands eclipse our limits. The main goal for me is to improve our youth set-up. It's currently solid, with very good facilities, but youth is going to have to be the name of the game and a long-term project is a must if I want to reach our targets of capturing a Champions League Trophy in FM14.

Stuart NAC BREDA

i3gt3r.jpg

Its great to get back into Football and have found myself at a very good club in NAC, The only problem it they they are in the jup and i have to admit that i did mate a mistake by leaving RKC. But the set up at Breda is very good Below you can see how good the club is

2wpl2fq.png

With a good youth set up and a great fan base there could be something special about to happen with NAC if the board give me the time i need

Season Avg

30b3704.png

NAC ULTRAS

2a60b55.png B side crew

SUMMER BUSINESS

25k6k40.png

Im ready pleased with the player i have brought in over the summer and with the board wanting to win the league i will have to hit the ground running.

With the money i have spent and the side of the club and the class of players i have brought into the club i would go up this season, and with a club with such a good set up big could happen here.

Well thats you upto date more soon

Well it's that time again. With season 8 just about underway, the inaugural Manager of the Year awards rear their handsome head and once again, we have two new winners. Yes, two. Admittedly I have been slacking and Andy has had to wait a whole season for confirmation of his MOTY win.

Season Six

Congratulations to Andy, who in season 6, clinched the Jupiler League title from under his rivals noses. It was a tight season, with Steve leading the way for the majority, before a late surge from Jack and finally Andy saw him victorious. The following season saw Andy successfully fight relegation and he now prepares for his second stint in the Eredivisie, with the aim of pushing on for a mid-table position. Congratulations to Joe also, who managed to claw his way into the Eredivise after victory in the Jupiler play-offs. A feat managed only once before in clan. His first season in the Eredivisie was not as successful however, and unfortunately received the sack after a run of defeats saw him bottom of the table.

RoMkey4.jpg

Season Seven

Congratulations to Steve, who demolished the Jupiler League last season, and was able to take it easy on an extremely relaxing cycling holiday leaving his team in the capable hands of his assistant. He had the league sewn up before January with a lead that was pushing the 20 point margin. Steve's good work in the Jupiler has gone relatively unnoticed by majority of the clan, having been unsuccessful in the 3 play-offs he has qualified for. He has quietly gone about his business, acquiring young talent on the free transfer market and building a team for the future. Every year his side gets that little bit better, and on such a shoe string budget, his efforts are commendable to say the least.

A solid season from Paul A as well, who finished 3rd in the Jupiler with FC Dordrecht, well above his media prediction. Paul has started well in clan, often over-achieving one season, then under-achieving the next. If he can sort that out, he'll find himself in the Eredivisie and challenging for trophies in no time.

Ca4eBZX.jpg

Current Trophy Count & Total MOTY Awards

tcvYEeO.jpg

Ali/Steamboat/Rumple Stiltskin - Feyenoord

We've reached the mid-point of season 8, and we find ourselves leading the way in the Eridivisie, 5 points clear of our nearest rivals PSV. It's been a fantastic season so far, only suffering our first league defeat after 13 games. Our home form is excellent, winning all 8 games and if we keep this form up, we are in with a great chance of the Eredivise League title. The first in clan since Sean's in the first season with Heerenveen.

Season 8 marks the moment I've finally managed to make my mark on a club. I've re-structured the backroom staff, bringing in coaches ad scouts all geared towards finding the 'next big talents' across the globe. The youth facilities are excellent, the training facilities are excellent and the youth squads are currently strong, with some solid potential scattered amongst the chaff. The latter is something we are working on. The scouts are working over-time scouring the continents looking for those undiscovered youngsters, who we can mould into the type of players we want here at Feyenoord. Powerful, agile and technically second-to-none. This means finding these players first, before the big-boys like Madrid or Milan nip in ahead of us. A difficult task, but we've already secured the services of one or two, and are looking to bring another two in over the January window. It's a long term project here, but one that I feel will be worth it.

On a side note, we've had a difficult early run in both the Dutch Cup and the Champions League. We've managed to stay in both, with good results against PSV, Madrid and Benfica, with Ajax looming in the horizon in the Dutch Cup 4th Round.

2l75.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

So we are almost at the halfway stage of the season and we find ourselves in 12th position, if only i could sort my away form out which is to say the least abysmal with on 3 draws in 8 games. The home form is a different story where we've only lost once but the downside is we have drawn more than we have won. I cant be arsed to play SP so will have to tinker with tactics in games next week to try and turn things round.

In the dutch cup we have so far progressed to the 4th Round coming up against NEC if I remember rightly.

Summer Window Transfer Activity

9db1.png

Until Next Time........

Will / Insane Icon - Fortuna Sittard

Well to the shock of the Football Manager world the Insane Icon is back in the PGC after being in Rehab for my Hamster and Toe Cheese dependency that after years of trying to kick it I'm happy to say it's all in the past.

Now on to the football side of things I was approched by the Chairman of Fortuna Sittard after successful stints in the Premier League with Relegation Strugglers Wigan and West Brom whom I helped to beat the drop and bring in a number of great youth to the main set up. So this is what i shall try and do with Fortuna bring in youth that with compete for the main squad and improve the training facilities at the club so they can hopfully challenge for promotion within the next 3-4 seasons but as things stand at the moment that looks like a long way away with transfer budget to spend at 26K and a team no where near its full potential although with me being insane im very positive about the possibility of fortuna beating the drop zone.

Vasy - Willem II

The previous season - my 2nd season in the first league - was pretty successful all in all. My goal was to be somewhere in the middle, far away from the relegation.

While our home record with only 5 wins and a league record of 11 losses was pretty sad, we still ended up 11th. For the first time ever, my second season half was actually better than the first.

Considering our wages compared to the league and our limited transfer budget it was more than one could expect:

44q7.png

Also thanks to our finish we made some nice price money and generally finances are looking much better. That's why I finally got my wage budget increased which allowed me to sign some decent players. I don't have screens right now as I'm on my laptop and abroad with rather unreliable internet (which is also why I probably missed about half of my games in this season so far. The ass man did an ok job though :D ). Also, we're currently upgrading the poor training facilities for the 2nd time to enable our players to improve faster.

Currently - after 16 games, so almost half the season - we're 10th, but that doesn't mean much as the first club in the relegation is only 3 points away. Nevertheless, I hope for a better 2nd half as my signings slowly get integrated into the team and I will probably be able to play most of the games myself. It would be nice to finish in the 1st half of the table, but to be honest everything that keeps me in this league is already a success.

Stuart NAC

mv714w.jpg

A slow start to the season saw me get the call from the board for a meeting, in the meetng they said how unhappy they were with how things were going and after a 5-2 loss to Sparta i was in full agreement with them, I did however manage to blag my way into getting another 5 games only problem was they wanted 10 points and with our form so poor i thought i was a dead man walking. After tweaking the tactic here and there i went on a run of 8 straight wins that saw me shoot up the league and into 2nd place. The only Problem was Zwollie have gone on the mother of all runs winning 11 in a row and then went and beat me in the last game of the week all but ending any chance if winning the league leaving me with the joy of trying to go up via the playoffs.

WEEKS RESULTS

24q8eth.jpg

Week Ahead will be about getting a playoff place and trying to hang on to the leaders as best i can and hope they slip up so i might close this gap. Also i am a little unhappy with my home form. This will have to improve fast for me to match the teams around me.

Well thats you upto date

More soon

emmen-flag.png

The Dane is back!

Well, guys... I'm back again, this time with the first update on the ongoing season... When the season started, I was fairly optimistic, coming in from a great last season, where we got a midtable position, despite being a relegation candidate at the start... Once again, we was predicted as a relegation candidate this season, and the season has gotten off to a difficult start... We're currently 3 games away from the winter break, and we're sitting in 18th position, but with Fortuna Sittard still lying below on 19th... We're 4 points away from them, and we quickly need to gain a larger lead on them... I promised the board a midtable position, so I would have a higher wage budget... And I was somewhat optimistic about getting it... But the season has been extremely difficult - which might have something to do with letting some more established players go on free transfers and signing youths instead...

We currently have 4 points up to 14th, which would be a satisfactory position, so that's what I'm currently aiming for... The next 10 games will see my side go up against most of the teams in the bottom half table, so this should be a good indication on how the season will end up...

As promised last time, I would also update you guys on what the transfer window wound up looking like... So below you can see a screenshot of the final transfer history for this season (so far...)...

Screenshot_2014-03-24 19.20.56.png

HOW THINGS STAND AFTER TUESDAYS GAMES

10e1z5s.png

29396k1.png

35c35sn.png

Period 4 Over

Last games of the season to be played tomorrow and so much can till happen. Look for Full reports by PGC members as this crazy season is about to come to a end.

MORE SOON

Will - Fortuna Sittard

Well lets start with the fact the team i took over was at most hopless and relegation bound but after what has turned out to be an very eventful season and a amazing first season i managed to turn around the destiny of the club for this season at least by beating the drop with winning 3 of the last 5 games to get us into the safe zone.

it was a fantasic effort from the whole club as one to push on and never give up also the fact i i made a few minor tweaks to the tactic and it payed off so well done everyone at fortuna sittard

Archived