PGC: Going Dutch for FM14

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

qv2c.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

The goal last season was to reach the play-offs and this was achieved on Monday with a couple of games to spare. Unfortunately we fell at the first hurdle after suffering defeat to FC Emmen. Things were looking rosy after the first leg with a clean sheet as well in a close game we just edged 1-0. I was hopeful of nicking an away goal in the returning fixture to force Emmen to push on to get 3 goals at least but this wasn't to be and we slumped to a 2-0 defeat.

As the team jetted off on their jollies after giving them 6 weeks off it was all about looking forward to next season and back in the office watching videos, reading scout reports and making 100's of calls a day to my scouts,players agents, free agents and club chairmen looking to bring in a number of players to replace those that left the club.

Transfers

1xrk.png

Once again i'll be looking at reaching the play-offs and and so are the board with the minimum requirement of a play-off berth and to reach the 3rd Round in the Dutch Cup, the media are predicting a 4th place finish this season.

Until Next Time.......

Thank you guys for letting me join the clan. I am managing Heracles, or as I like to call them, Hercules. Just lost my first game 1-0 away to Stuarts RKC, 78th minute goal. Gutted! Need to spend time on looking for new talent. Watch this space!

FC_Den_Bosch_logo.svg

STEVE - FC DEN SLOSCH

Well, well, well. The nightmare season is over. I recall the first 6 games going so well. The 7th, if not a draw, would have got me the first promotion slot guaranteed. Jamie, said to me in chat, at the time, that he thought it was a slug fest, like days of old, between me and him. Well he kicked on and won the league at a canter, I fell away, and fell further, and fell apart, and continued to fall, and fell some more. Eventually, we bottomed out. I think the fact that I had a 2 year contract, see the post about the assistant agreeing it for me above, meant the board could not afford to sack me and so, they gave me more time than they would have had I had my rolling deal, as planned.

My tactical tinkering paid off when I gave up on my 4231 (both deep, high and skewed) and gave up on my low tempo passing game, and went for an all action hard running, hard pressing, relegation battling, pressing game. It worked wonders as you can see as we turned things around big time, caught fire and even capped the comeback by thrashing Jamie 5-1 on the last day. In the end, my job was safe. The board were happy with the recovery and waited to see how I would do the following season, with my remit to return to the playoffs.

8xM84Hm.png

As I have documented over and over and over again on here. Den Slosch are up the financial creek without a paddle. So the window was tricky to navigate. I have a top youngster in Felder, who now plays on the right wing, so I sold my right winger. I sold my first choice left winger for big money to keep the wolves from the door, as I think my backup is just as good and I can find a cheaper replacement. I released my keeper on a free and brought in a better one (I hope) on a free.

I have tried to concentrate on midfield as I have lost some steel with the loss of Guidileye, who was by far and away my best central midfielder, and I didn't get a penny for him. Also departing was Rutten, after 4 years at the club, though I'd made do without him due to injury for the last 6 months. He'd mainly played left back recently. My star right back Diakubama also left on a bosman, though again, he'd been missing for a lengthy period with injury at the end of the season. Quemener is brought in on Jamie's reccommendation to replace Guidileye, although, he's much more of a work in progress. Penz replaces Salin in goal. el Hasnaoui and Gouw are both central midfield cover. Sainrimat is a quick striker who will also provide cover on the left flank, whilst offering something different to Janga up top. Felder is now 19 and needs to show what he's made of, before he can pull off a big move. In the midfield positions, Touré (the DM touré) and Quemener will battle it out for the anchor role. Van den Broek will retain his position in the central pairing. Jagt provided the playmaking / attacking flair at the end of the season. I haven't been able to replace him after he left once his loan expired. However, Bay and Laze are being retrained to play deeper as I am no longer playing an AMC and they are meant to fulfill those duties.

In defence, my backup fullbacks will have to continue where they left off at the end of the season, and Karami, in particular, has performed a u-turn as he was fed up of being Daikumba's back-up and now instead must fill his shoes, which he did well for the last 10 games or so of the previous season. Touré (the CB one, not the DM one) will continue retraining to provide cover. Riedewald continues to get games at left back and Wilffert will provide cover to him in the wake of Rutten's departure. In the middle of defence we have an abundance of talent with Swinkels, Boyer, touré (the aforementioned CB one not the DM one) and Sarr all being 3.5* or better. Swinkels is now showing signs of fading, so I expect Boyer and Touré to be the main pairing, but Sarr will get games this season as Touré will inevitably move to RB to cover for Karami.

transfers:

xMVkH5i.png

I am still looking at bringing in another striker, who can also play right wing as cover for Felder. There's also my key DM signing as I'm worried about my central midfield three. And there's also a 5* winger without pace who I think I can convert to a central midfield playmaker.

This season, it's make or break.

Rodrigo Bastian - Almere City FC

So I decided to take over Almere City, the youngest team in the Netherlands only being created in 2001. Almere as a city was only built in 1976, so everything is very new and very ambitious and I'm really excited to get to work at Almere. I came in towards the end of last season and made a late playoff push before getting eliminated in the first round, due to my small squad I was playing a lot of players out of position so we had to make do. I was given a good budget by my ambitious board and brought in around 7 or so players on free transfers to buffer the squad, I have also promoted a few players from the youth squad as I look to make Almere a well built side.

Hoping for playoffs again in the new season.

Till next time,

Jack.

vvv.png

So, the crazy Dane back again for a review of last season and of the transfer window so far for the new season.

Last season

So last season was kind of a disappointment. We were struggling to put together decent runs. When I last wrote, we were in the semi finals of the cup against AZ. But due to me not speaking up in our Skype chat, my assistant played the match, which we ended up losing 1 - 2 after ET! D'oh! We had an excellent chance of winning, and I'm fairly certain, I would have won the game, had I played it, since I beat AZ twice last season.

So with the disappointment from the cup, and a lower mid table placement, last season was a bust! The only major upside was that my main striker had a great season.

New season

Last season's poor performance meant that some things had to change for the new season. Unfortunately one of the things that was changing was that my GK was leaving - I was gutted about that since he had been a rock in goal for me so far! But there has been a lot of activity so far, over 20 players out so far (many on loans though) and over 6 million in from transfers, and 12 players in so far - with a few more on the way.

Below you can see a screenshot of some of the transfers. It's not completely up to date, since we played a bit since I took it.

Screenshot-2014-01-26 20.25.29.png

After 5 games, we're currently sitting in 8th position. I'm hoping to push for Europe this season and I'm once again going all out for the cup, and I really feel that the team has the quality to do well this season.

Below you can see a few of my key signings for the season:

Screenshot-2014-01-26 20.28.20.png

Screenshot-2014-01-26 20.27.50.png

Screenshot-2014-01-26 20.27.02.png

Rumple Stiltskin aka Steamboat - De Graaf

It's been an excellent season so far in the city and municipality of Doetinchem. We currently sit 6th in the Eredivise, challenging (at last) for those fabled European places. To my dismay, I found out that it's only the top two teams that receive Champions League qualification, whilst the rest are allocated the Europa League. Top two is a stretch too far at this point, but 5 seasons in, I'm pleased with the progress we have made here at De Graafschaap.

Whilst the financial aspect of the Champions League would provide an excellent source of alternative income, I am still operating under the 'free transfers only' policy, I implemented at the start of my tenure here. This has so far proved successful in keeping the clubs finances healthy and I may be in a position come summer to sell a few players for a sizeable profit (providing clubs are interested of course). This would pave the way for any future regens, who happen to sign on free's, to immediately step into a rotational role within the first team.

Highlight of the weeks sessions would be the 2-0 cup victory over Stu's RKC. Over the last few meetings, Stu's side have battered me, with my changes having no effect whatsoever. Cue the beginning of the fifth season: the introduction of my preferred 532 formations; the utilisation of a Libero (albeit an injury prone one); and a solid squad with a strong level of depth throughout. The shoe was on the other foot and I was now controlling the match. For me, this is one of the first signs that I now have a settled set of tactics to build a team around, not to mention we now find ourselves in the Quarter Finals of the Dutch Cup.

8udg.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

Its been a good week and start to the season for the smaller of the two Eindhoven clubs.

An 11 game run at the start of the season got the campaign off to a flying start amassing 23 points but this could of been a lot better as we dropped 2pts the very first game after a reload due to the game crashing this after a 4-0 win first time round. Then in our first 2 home game of the season we dropped a further 4pts after picking up 2 draws when in both games we were leading when the 90 minutes was up only to go and conceded injury time goals.

Then a run of only 3 wins in 8 games started to get me worried even thou i was still in the top 5 or 6 in the league, performances were deteriorating and the morale was dropping and I was trying to work out why things had gone wrong after our good start. So a few tweaks here and there were necessary and in the last 4 games things have picked up gaining 3 wins and a draw to end the week in 3rd place. With Jong Ajax our opening game of next week we shall be looking to carry on our winning run.

In the Dutch Cup the draw wasn't kind to us as we were drawn against the current table toppers in the Erividise Feyenoord in the 2nd Round but we the team battled away only losing 1-0 in the end, we had a couple of chances towards the end of the game to force it into ET but it wasn't to be.

po1u.png

We currently have 4 days left of the Winter transfer window and so far only Fabio Concas has joined on loan from Livorno as cover for the rest of the season. We still have a couple of offers in and if they decide to join that should be me done this season regarding transfers.

So we look to carry on next week to achieve our goal for the play offs and finish in our predicted 4th place or higher.

Until next Time.....

Excelsior_Rotterdam.png

So its been a while, heres the quick update of what I missed, 1st full season got into playoffs but lost out in the end, back to the drawing board. 2nd full season just missed out on a playoff place, back to the drawing board. 3rd full season just missed out on a playoff spot, back to the drawing board. Now for this season.

As always my expectations despite being in or around the playoff spots season after season are laughably low, the boards sole expectation is to avoid relegation, this leaves me without any pressure whatsoever to perform but I'm doing well anyway, naturally they're more than a bit pleased

b3df.png

Now previously my sides have been good on the attack but hopeless in defense, so I made a change of tactic to address this defect and its worked, sort of..........

sbgl.png

Defendings better attacking a lot worse. I continue my search for that top class striker to really raise my game in that respect. Without the cash to go for established players or really any player with an agent so I scramble around the free market which is hit and miss. Now here's some player stats and a look at my squad

n7br.png

and finally my results

z1ha.png

My final thoughts for this post is I can't wait to get out of this daft league and if Ajax were looking for someone who could deliver results on a budget I'm open to offers.

Til next time

Joe-Excelsior

Jamie - Volendam

After a great start we have hit a wall mid way through the season after 4 or 5 bad injuries and a small squad has taken its toll.

SWScYKH.png

This is the salaries we are up against.

wRC0Mj8.png

So all in all we are punching well above our weight i'm just hoping for a better budget next season.

vvv.png

The fired Dane back with another post...!

In my last update, I was fairly optimistic for my season. I had gotten together a great team and I finally felt like VVV Venlo was MY club. But, the many new faces also meant that I had to find a new tactic, as I didn't have the same types of players as the previous season, and I had to find a new approach to the games. But again, I had such quality players that I didn't think this would be an issue.

Oh boy was I wrong....

The team struggled no matter what I tried! My strikers weren't scoring, we conceeded stupid goals. We went out to an amateur team in the cup! It was getting embarrasing.

Just before the winter break, I was becoming unsecure in my position, and the board was losing patience, as we were struggling down in the relagation zone.

I got an important win a Roda JC and PSV, and I though that I might actually survive as manager.

But then the dreaded meeting with the board came.

They were not happy! I came out of the meeting with 1 month to improve our situation.

Here's the kicker though! We were on winter break! I didn't have any games for a little over a month!

So, when we came to the first game after the winter break, and I went into the game, I found that I had been fired during the break.

fired-vvv.png

I was gutted! I was really beginning to feel at home with the club! They had great finances, I had found some talented players, and I felt the future was bright - despite our current troubles!

But this is how the life of a manager is - if you lose for too long, you get fired. So it's time to move on, find another team and get back to the division!

So I had to go to Jupiler, which is actually full of good sides currently. So I had my pickens between loads of clubs with decent players and finances.

I went with NAC Breda - a club that has great finances, so even if I don't get promotion this season, I will have the wages to give the team a makeover during the summer transfer window.

So, this was all for me this time. I'm gutted that I was fired, but I'm taking this as a chance to get NAC Bread back to the top division!

hired-nac.png

Stuart RKC

Another week over and again we held our own. There is no money at the club and i have been trying to force a move away since the end of last season but teams just laugh. So it seems im stuck here for now. One bit of good news was was the board granted my wish to improve the tranning ground and my youth team, I have been fighting for this since my 1st day in the job and at long last they have given into my demand's, they have been fighting me at every corner when it comes to requests and to top it all they took a 9m loan out to add 7,500 sets to my ground making it a 14,500 the worst thing is tho we was unable to sell a 7,000 seats and so what chance of 14,500, its just poor thinking from a poor board.

My contract runs out in the summer and i hope to be leaving for a new club if not then i will sign a new 1 year deal and go through the motions all over again

Thats all for now

Im Stuart get me the hell out of here!

going into the last 3 games, we have one hell of a fight coming up in the Jupiler for promotion:

jZqOTFK.png

The stage winners are:

Willem, MVV, Helmond and Sparta.

What this means is that the other 5 places (Willem are champs) will go to Eindhoven, Den Bosch and there are 3 more up for grabs.

The 3 places are between: Cambuur (who need disaster not to clinch one), Excelsior, Almere, and NAC Breda. And you'll note the 3 points between the final 3. Also note MVV and Sparta are in POs no matter what, so they need not be counted in the playoff hunt.

Nail biting times for Joe (Excelsior), Crossy (cambuur), Almere (Jack), and NAC (jonas), as one of those humans will miss out.

TWO LEFT IN THE JUP:

JqcMyNr.png

The top 5 are cemented (unless Jim (Crossy) hits disaster) and will go into round 2 of the playoffs

MVV being a stage winner and guaranteed a playoff berth, have put Jonas out of the playoffs, despite being below him. Jonas now must look up at Joe's Excelsior and Jack's Almere (but not Sparta who are also guaranteed playoffs) and get above one of them. 3 points is the gap, 2 games left ...

SO NOW WE GO INTO THE FINAL GAME OF THE JUPILER LEAGUE REGULAR SEASON, AND THE PLAYOFFS ARE FAR FROM SETTLED:

ylEI0Yh.png

So the table means that the top 4 is settled, but 5th is still undecided. Jim Crossy needs a point to be sure of 5th. Why's 5th important? 5th means you come into the playoffs in Round 2 and 6th means Round 1. It's a big deal when you consider the ties are all two legged.

Joe needs a point to guarantee playoffs. Jonas needs to better Jack's result. Jonas needs to win and hope Crossy at least draws with Jack.

dkmd.png

FINAL JUPILER TABLE:

lYBnWBM.png

HEADLINE NEWS: JOE MISSES OUT

Jack beat Crossy on the last day to leapfrog Joe and dump him out of the play off positions. So cruel on the Irishman who finished in 9th, which is usually good enough for playoffs most years, but not this time thanks to MVV being able to get it together for 7 games to win a stage. Joe was unavailable for comment but was heard shouting about the idiosyncrasies of the Dutch second division and demanding a more simpler British style system.

Roda and Hercules are the two to drop into the play offs from the top division.

Round 1 teams:

Sparta

Almere - JACK

NAC Breda - JONAS

MVV

They will play each other before the winners face off against Roda and Hercules, whilst also joining in Round 2 will be:

Eindhoven - ANDY

Helmond

Den Bosch - STEVE

Cambuur - CROSSY

The winners of the second round (obviously 4 teams) will be drawn into 2 "finals", and the winners of both of those games, will both go up.

We'll update you tomorrow on how it goes.

Well what can I say.. Gone from Vitesse - Roda x2 and ended up at JVC, punishing myself for such a poor display. After getting sacked due to not going board meeting I had the chance of a fresh start with Roda. Then seemed to pick up but then after losing 4 and drawing 1 game while I was away busy on most of weds, the team once again flops and I get sacked because I didn't win a game after a board meeting telling me I had to win.

So after all this I took the decision to take JVC who had something like 9 points from bout 24 games. Thinking behind this was to stay up and build a team from nothing. I managed to get to 19th ahead of AjaxB mainly by keeping 4 clean sheets on the trot, something JVC hadn't managed to do once all season, then keeping steady form(mainly home), I was pleased things were working out....Then I get told I have to finish above a non B side to stay up... I needed to make up 16points with about 8 games.... something stupid like that anyway.

Needless to say, I am once again in the doll queue.

So whats next.... Take over a decent team and get promoted (make some hall of fame points up)... nahhhhh sod that

Next team to be jinxed will be whoever gets newly promoted into Jupilar.

Same idea I went in with at JVC. Build my own side.

What will my next post say, only the FM Gods know

Jamie - Volendam

Final table

IvYs1Xz.png

End of season run

162x.png

As you can see we had a massive fall in the second half of the season and dropped in to where I expected to finish at the start of the season.

Hopefully I can get a better budget for the new season and we can push on for a top half position.

Results of Round 2:

iyfS7gk.png

This means that the playoff finals will be contested by Steve's Den Bosch, Crossy's Cambuur, Sparta, and Zwolle. If I'm right then Den Bosch and Cambuur will be kept apart in the next round. And whilst there's 4 teams left, it's 2 finals and the winner of each will go up.

Jupiler Team Stats 2017/18

Goals Scored

sdey.png

Least Goals Conceded

xu5u.png

Goals From Corners

d9zb.png

Goals From IFK's

3xil.png

Goals From DFK'S

4lgj.png

Penalties Scored

vdok.png

Yellow Cards

xuib.png

Red Cards

y1eo.png

Average Attendance

487m.png

Average Attendance By Percentage (%)

xcyx.png

Stadium Sellouts

4l3u.png

Net Transfer Spend

46tv.png

Salary Per Annum

cnwt.png

Erividise Team Stats 2017/18

Goals Scored

8ehp.png

Least Goals Conceded

iqvm.png

Goals From Corners

3xu7.png

Goals From IFK's

g9yf.png

Goals From DFK'S

c0xq.png

Penalties Scored

p6ny.png

Yellow Cards

i482.png

Red Cards

78ii.png

Average Attendance

t9c8.png

Average Attendance By Percentage (%)

70qd.png

Stadium Sellouts

l867.png

Net Transfer Spend

tbce.png

Salary Per Annum

pvzf.png

Stuart - RKC

29p3ddv.png

Another season over and another 6th place finish. Think this is the best this club can offer for now as i just don't have funds or players to challange the top 5 week in week out, HOWEVER things are about to change as for the first time i have a little money to spend and know what i need to try and push this club on.

The only real Pain the the arse is my board, in my last post i told you i was getting youth and tranning upgrades, well my board pulled the plug on my new youth setup even tho there is 8Million in the bank SHOCKING!. I also had to sign a new 2 year deal at the club as i still don't have the respect of the other clubs in the league.

Thats you upto date its been a slow week in the world of PGC but the summer window is now here so look for things to kick off fast.

1z34fwm.png

Rumple Stiltskin aka Steamboat - De Graaf

GET IN! Won the Dutch Cup again with a 2-0 victory over Feyenoord in the final. I felt sure we'd get tonked in that game, as our league form had been slipping as the season neared its close, but we ended up deserved winners.

By finishing 9th we've improved slightly on last seasons performance, but truth be told, we perhaps should have been higher placed. Unfortunately, real life commitments coupled with country-side internet meant my assistant took charge of 6 or 7 games, promptly losing all of them. Needless to say he will be replaced if I can find someone better who's willing to join the club.

Vasy - Willem II

Willem_II.png

It was a pretty good season for us and I was happy to finish 1st to avoid the playoffs even though the Ass Man was in charge of many games as I often had to leave early.

Now we're in the Eredivise and our goal will obviously be to avoid relegation. It won't be easy as we're on a really tight budget and the board isn't really cooperative, slamming every proposal I make to improve the competitiveness of the club's infrastructure/facilities.

As I released some dead wood I have some wage budget to invest and hope I will find the right players. If possible, for free. So far I haven't been lucky and only managed to sign a single player who fits into my wage structure and strenthens the club at the same time. I will definitely have to sign a decent CB and a winger or two.

Other than that it's really hard for me to say where we stand at the moment. IMO we over-performed in the Jupiler League and I just hope we will be able to keep it up and show some good games, at least against the teams in the second half of the table.

After this week - and hopefully my deeply needed signings - I will have a clearer picture. Yet, more than avoiding relegation and slowly establishing in the Eredivisie can't be expected in the upcoming seasons.

jjgu.jpg

AndyF - FC Eindhoven

That's this season over and done with and to say i'm disappointed is an understatement I'm GUTTED. We finished 2nd in the league all down to a great run where we only lost once in 19 games creating a club record (11 games unbeaten) in the process, finishing 4pts behind Willem which guaranteed a 2nd Round tie in the play-offs.

8fub.png

In the play-offs we would come up against fellow clan member Crossy and his Cambuur side in the 1st leg away from home a late goal secured a 2-1 win and I thought the hard part had been done. Then came the home tie and what a disaster, the defending in this game was horrendous. I've just got put it down as a bad day at the office as they had been superb all season conceding the fewest amount of goals all season a total of 37 (Steam Iron Curtain award) only to go and get 5 goals smashed past us in a 5-3 defeat.

ewc2.png

So again this season i'll be hoping for the Play-Offs, media prediction has fallen to 6th this time round. Nothing much has happened so far this window for us only a young 15 year old GK signed on a free will joining at the end of the year from Aalborg.

Until next Time.....

Crossy FC Cambuur

After a very short break after getting sacked by Roda JC i took over FC Cambuur They were nothing special when i took over so was just hoping to try sneak in the p/o's Made quite a few loanie signings which is why we did quite a bit better then i expected just about finishing 5th after some bad end of season form It looked like that was gonna carry on when i played Andy in the second round p/o losing the first leg 2-1 at home But out of the blue a magnificent Performance saw us Beat Andy 5-3 On his own turf.

In the final i faced Sparta After having 3 players suspended and my best player injured it was gonna be a struggle We were pretty poor in a 1-0 home defeat leaving us up against it come the second game we were hammering sparta and after 90 mins were 1-0 up but after missing to open goal throughout the match it ended 1-0 after extra time and it went to the dreaded penalty shootout where We Failed as sparta scored all 5 of there pens while we only managed to get 4 in leaving us with another season in the juplier.

Not sure if my squads Good enough to win the league managed to get some of my loanies back or on full time deals but the squad has shrunk and with no money or WB a few injuries to key players could see us really struggle But I'm optimistic of still getting a p/o place and hopefully an improvement on last seasons 5th place

Season 5 Manager of the Year Awards & Trophy Count

And so the curtain draws on season five. In the Jupiler, it was congratulations to Vasy for a stunning demolition of the league before an end of season slump saw him drop to within 4 points of his rivals. It was to no avail however, and he powered to his first trophy in clan. It was commiseration's for Steve and Crossy who both lost out in the final of the play-offs.

In the Eredivisie, Stu capped off a successful 2nd season in the top flight with another 6th place, his signing Yattara (£0) named as the seasons best bargain. Jamie can celebrate a solid debut season after securing 13th place, after leading the race for the title in the early stages, whilst Steamboat (aka Rumple Stiltskin) can be satisfied with a third mid-table position in a row, as well as adding a second Dutch Cup to his name in 5 seasons.

qfWM9SP.jpg

GNokVft.jpg

uUte6mc.jpg

Archived