Interesting challenges in FM14 for LLM

CTID86

So I was thinking about FM14 and who Im going to start with. Im a bit of a LLM geek and havent managed a Champions League club for about 6 years. I decided I would start a thread where people can post what may be an interesting LLM challenge in FM14 and why. I have 3, for example:

Polonia Warsaw In FM13 they are in the Polish Premier Division. After bankruptcy they have now been relegated to the 5th tier of the Polish football league system a bit like what happened with Glasgow Rangers. In real life their first league game in the 5th tier was abandoned after Legia Warsaw fans turned up and started throwing things onto the pitch and causing unrest. Obviously you would need to activate the lower leagues for this game or wait for a Polish lower league database to be created but could be a good one.

AC Monza Italian Serie C2 (fourth tier). Why is it interesting? Well this Summer they have just been bought by an English real estate magnate, Anthony Armstrong Emery. They have even signed Englishman Myles Anderson to help you settle in. If Italian LLM is your thing then this could be a logical move?

Gibraltar International management your thing? Then why not try the new San Marino. Like San Marino, Gibraltar?s football league is entirely amateur. They have been accepted into Uefa and will attempt to qualify for Euro 2016. Expect your key players to be Danny Higginbotham of Chester and Liam Walker (ex-Portsmouth).

Anyone have any other interesting LLM options for FM14 and if so why?

• 4 weeks later...

The dutch 1st division has been changed and it's even more ******** than it already was. It now has 20 team, 3 of which are youth teams from Ajax, PSV and FC Twente. These 3 teams CANNOT relegate. All other teams can. Another change is the fact that amateur/semi-pro teams can now be promoted to this division, the one promoted this year is Achilles 29. A **** team with a busload of rubbish part time semi-pro players, no money, no facilities, no talent etc. It could be a nice challenge.

Another one: win the Champions League fnal with Louis Tomlinson in the starting lineup, you cannot sub him unless he is injured.

Stockport County Used to be a English Football League Championship team around 12 years ago untill they got relegated, and have been in a downward spiral ever since. This year marks the first they are in the lowest possible division in FM, the Conference North division. They're professional and have a decent budget, as well as still having a good amount in their bank, but I'm not sure how long that will last at this level. In real life they are currently 3-3-5 in The Skrill North, so could either stay in, make it back up, or continue the drop.

The challenge would obviously be to restore them to their former glory, or perhaps even reach higher than they ever did, getting into the Premier.

They have even signed Englishman Myles Anderson to help you settle in. If Italian LLM is your thing then this could be a logical move?

Um, he didn't help the new regime settle in at Blackburn (in the Premier League). The Chicken-pluckers put him in charge of recruitment. His first signing was his hopeless son who has since found his true level in non-league football.

Archived