Joe Kinnear challenge help!

I have set up the staff responsibilities correctly but for some reason when teams bid for players who aren't transfer listed it still gives me the option to accept or reject it when that should be joe kinnears job.

How can i fix this?

Not sure if im allowed to link to another forum but google it. Basically you set all your staff responsibilities to Joe Kinnear and let him do everything, so alls you do is the matches. It's pretty fun even though i can't get it to work properly

Hang on, so what are you doing? Literally just playing the game on a Saturday?

Surely the game isn't clever enough to realise that the bad signings/high wages or whatever you DOF creates aren't your fault? Didn't someone else try this and find that their DOF was putting players on 40k p/w who could of been on 15k? It's an interesting game, but I can see it becoming boring very quickly.

I have set up the staff responsibilities correctly but for some reason when teams bid for players who aren't transfer listed it still gives me the option to accept or reject it when that should be joe kinnears job.

How can i fix this?

really? you have to actually DO something? think about whether to accept or not and click? terrible...

Isn't there an option that says finalise signings in the options that needs to be changed to Joe Kinnear

Yes but he mentioned about accepting or rejecting a transfer offer in the first place, before it reaches the finalisation stage

How does the unwanted list work? I only noticed it recently. I presume it is pretty self explanatory, but just to confirm, if I stick players on it do they have a reaction to it and does it simply mean they are open to offers from others clubs?

I don't see the difference between the unwanted list and offering a player to clubs instead

If a player is on the unwanted list, it indicates to your DoF that you want to sell the player. Your DoF should then begin the process of selling him for a set value (if you decided the parameters), offering him out to clubs and negotiating transfer values.

But isn't the whole point of the Joe Kinnear challenge for the DoF to do as much as possible?

Sorry I am missing the 'challenge' aspect here. What is the challenge part? The DOF doesn't work very well in FM from my experiences, so surely having a DOF who is overspending/selling your players cheaply isn't exactly a challenge, just irritating. I very much doubt the media interaction will pick up the fact that your not handling transfer activities and if results go badly you will still get sacked...missing the point completely here aren't I?

You're not missing the point, you get it. I'm not saying I agree with it; just that THAT is the point of the challenge. I've never claimed to be a fan of the challenge; I was merely answering questions

Sorry that may have come across as a bit aggressive which it wasn't meant to be. I just don't see why someone has made a challenge which isn't really a challenge. The game doesn't fully understand the role of the DOF for me. Fair enough if the press would ask questions about the DOF signing players for you / selling your stars or whatever. But one of the main parts of this game is signing/selling players and handling contracts etc. Why play the game just to purely pick the team once a week, I don't see the fun?

Archived