Part time to full time

Win promotion? Talk to the board? The hardest thing in low-level management is turning the corner from amateur/part-time to professional. And the most rewarding, because then you can actually put a fight up against the poachers.

I've found that continued success (and the resulting income from spectators) is the only thing that really works. If you're successful, someone will start throwing money your way.

Um, yeah, you are apparently screwed until some of them get promoted out of your way. You might just have to troll the free-transfers looking for undiscovered gold and hope you can hang onto some of them long enough to get the board to notice.

nag the board and eventually they will give in

I've never even once had the option of asking the league to turn pro even after 10 seasons. The option is always grayed out and it says my team is too poor to turn pro. I am in the top Swedish League so now it's just waiting for income. Fortunately, the board has twice expanded the stadium now and about doubled the capacity which has helped greatly for income. Maybe in a few seasons...

Archived