Affiliations

I had a question about the benefits of the affiliations. It isn't clear for me what some of them do in the game.

Players move freely - Players of the small club can sign freely a contract by the big club.

Players go on loan - Big club can send players on loan to small club.

First option to buy - If small club accept some bid, they must accept the same bit of the big club.

Play friendlies - Ofcourse clear

Same board - ?

Financial help - Big club send each year some money to the small club

Renewable - ?

Permanent deal - Can't be cancelled ingame? Also on the long term? What's happened if the small club grows bigger then the big club after some years?

Youth player training - Don't no how this works ingame?

Help with facilities - Don't no how this works ingame?

Marketing relations - Increase merchandising of big club.

Scoutings knowledge shared - The parent club has also the knowledge of the other club.

cannot play in same division - If it happens, both clubs play in same division, the affilliation will be cancelled.

Most I understand, but i underlined the 5 I do not really understand. I have some idea, but that do not match ingame. So, it must be wrong...

I had a question about the benefits of the affiliations. It isn't clear for me what some of them do in the game.

Players move freely - Players of the small club can sign freely a contract by the big club.

Players go on loan - Big club can send players on loan to small club.

First option to buy - If small club accept some bid, they must accept the same bit of the big club.

Play friendlies - Ofcourse clear

Same board - ?

Financial help - Big club send each year some money to the small club

Renewable - ?

Permanent deal - Can't be cancelled ingame? Also on the long term? What's happened if the small club grows bigger then the big club after some years?

Youth player training - Don't no how this works ingame?

Help with facilities - Don't no how this works ingame?

Marketing relations - Increase merchandising of big club.

Scoutings knowledge shared - The parent club has also the knowledge of the other club.

cannot play in same division - If it happens, both clubs play in same division, the affilliation will be cancelled.

Most I understand, but i underlined the 5 I do not really understand. I have some idea, but that do not match ingame. So, it must be wrong...

Players move freely works like a Main Team and a Reserve team, they can transfer between the two at will.

First Option to buy - You're correct, it works like you say.

Play Friendlies - as above.

Same Board - a bit like Watford, Udinese and (I think) Granada, in that the same board owns all three clubs. I assume this involves an increased chance of loans/tranfers etc.

Financial Help - Not entirely sure, I imagine you're close

Permanent Deal - Correct, but they're usually in different countries i.e. Ajax and Ajax Cape Town for example.

Youth Player Training - I assume teams share youth facilities, and use the best facilities they have possible.

Marketing Relations - Bingo, you got it.

Scouting Knowledge Shared - Ditto

Cannot play in the same division - Almost, it means that the game prevents the teams from being in the same division, just like Barcelona B and Barcelona.

I hope that helps.

Thanks.

Players move freely - Like i said, but in both directions. Okay.

Same Board - Maybe it also influence a board take over?

Financial help - I did some more research and it's about clubs in financial trouble. If the small club has financial trouble, the big club send some money to the small club to help them. So it is not neccessary each year, but only if needed.

Permanent deal - I've seen it many times with two clubs in the same nation. If we stay in Holland: SI made a strange construction to construct share youth teams. So SI add an affiliation with permanent deal and players move freely. So also first team players could change freely, with is surely NOT the case. And i guess Barcelona B and Barcelona is the same case. I think, also within a countrie, it happens a lot. But Permanent deal really means permanent? Ajax and Ajax CT can cancel the link. So IRL it isn't really permanent...

Youth player training -If we just stay by Ajax, but the another affiliation, Almere City: The have this option. It is stated as 'Almere City shares training facilities with Ajax'. So it seems that the big club can use the facilities of the small club. But the facilities of Ajax are much more better then the faciliteits of Almere City. So this option does nothing, if what you said is right...

You forgot to mention:

- Renewable

- Help with facilities - How does this works ingame?

I've no comments on the other ones.

What I just found:

Same Board: All transfers between the clubs are accepted immediately.

Renewable: Normally, after a long time, one of the clubs will cancelled the contract, but with option, it takes much more time.

Youth Player training: The parent club can take any youth player of the feeder club to play in matches of the youth team of the parent club, and buy the player later.

If you are the parent club, go to the feeder club and choose any youth player and make a loan offer, the deal will accepted if the player has a youth contract, except that the offer will be agree by the feeder club without affiliation condition .

If you are the feeder club, choose any player you want him to go to the parent club and offer him to parent club from choice (Offer to Clubs) .

So you reallly have the know how it works, it is not so simple as 'Players go on loan'.

Help with facilities: Is about the facilities of the feeder club. The parent club will help the feeder club with improvement. I think it's mostly about helping with the money, but not sure.

• 7 years later...
On 30/06/2020 at 14:23, WilltheWolf92 said:

Interesting, it's weird that "same board" doesn't have the owners of the club, can someone of SI maybe tell what it changes?

i my save, affiliation with the same board (in my case bayern and bayern II) have the same board (chairman, director and managing director).

And the main function is basically to 'move players freely' instead of loans. Plus afaik you can't cancel that link.

9 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I was told, in a previous thread, that the affiliate where the feeder can send youth players and the feeder will get a % of any future sale was to do with youth intakes

yes, if you get a players in your youth intake from affiliate, the affiliate will get a % from player's sale.