NK Zavrč - The club that's almost in 2 countries

Ant

Hello everyone, this is my first and hopefully my last Football Manager 13 save if all goes well and I've chosen to manage in a country which not too many people play in, Slovenia and with a team that probably nobody has heard of.

FVI7Vie.png?1

History (Taken from the official website, translated from Slovenian)

Sports Club was founded in 1969 (the 35th year), when the 12 April at the inaugural General Assembly agreed (to quote from the minutes of the General Assembly), "it is in the village Zavrč need to set up a sports club, which is a long-standing desire youth, that in his spare time engage in different sports "and was named Sports Club Zavrč Brotherhood, which is after the war in 1991 changed its name to Sports Club Zavrč. developed from a spontaneous desire for involvement in sport, in beginning mainly in football, which is now the leading section of society. The union of the nine young people from all the surrounding towns and villages Zavrč which eventually formed the interests of the different sections, in the beginning there were four, then some twelve hours, working again today but only skiing, chess, tennis, and as the largest and leading football section (NK Zavrč).

Due to the increasing need for an organized performance that is demanded certain technical conditions, are members ŠD started editing the infrastructure at the field site. Most of the work was carried out on a voluntary basis. In 2003, a serious approach to solving the sports infrastructure also began construction of a new main and auxiliary stadium. The main stadium is equipped with an automatic irrigation system, as well as their own source of water. Nowadays, we have built the stadium bleachers with 300 seats, which are also covered. At the main stadium is built, a new sports facility with the necessary changing rooms and associated facilities, which are necessary for competition in the higher leagues NHS. Sports facilities offer plenty of sporting pleasures for themselves athletes, as for many viewers from near and far especially since the sports facility set in an idyllic environment završkim under the old castle. The society we are happy all forms of cooperation with other clubs, especially with the municipality Zavrč, which is much contributed to the development of sport and reconstruction of sports facilities. Many a visitor is visiting with us already enchanted and we are confident that this will continue in the future.

634516708531507370_zavrcstadion2_110915_zavrc.jpg

The aim? The aim is just to take Zavrc as far as I can, I will be buying/selling players but I will try to promote the youth as well.

Beginner Evaluation

IngoIcs.png

First thing I notice is that we have a lot of Strikers and we also have quite a bit of potential for this level, I'll look to strengthen the back of the field and bring in some new staff with better JPA & JPP.

Our 'top' players

VT3XqFG.png

K1Stpf7.png

xfSdSHW.png

2012/13 Pre-Season

wftWeeb.png?1

Rigm8VY.png?1

It was a very good Pre-Season, we didn't play any clubs who were really at 'our level' the 2 losses and draw were against teams from the Hungarian, Czech & Slovenian top leagues, all of our wins were against lower league teams but overall I'm impressed with what I've seen so far.

RmhHIWO.png?1

Dejan Purisic - Sebestjan Celofiga - Jernej Smukavec - Domen Bersnjak - Alen Mujanovic - Naser Kajtazi - Anze Rozman - Miran Mihelic

dS5I44Z.png?1

I've managed to strengthen, we still have a threadbare back 5 but I'm hoping that we will do well enough to stay in the division.

Good luck with this. Slovenia is an extremely tough country to manage in, I did a few a seasons there with NK Ljubljana and keeping your better players in the country is really tough, even with the class regens there I got nowhere near winning the champions league. In years of the Gundo challenge in the challenge and experiments section the champions league had never been cracked by a Slovenian club (the only nation never to have been completed) until I managed it this year with Jadran Dekani which took me 11-12 seasons to win it. One thing i'll say about it though is that is fun and if you have the patience to stick at it then it will be one of the most rewarding saves you'll ever have :cool:

Good luck with this. Slovenia is an extremely tough country to manage in, I did a few a seasons there with NK Ljubljana and keeping your better players in the country is really tough, even with the class regens there I got nowhere near winning the champions league. In years of the Gundo challenge in the challenge and experiments section the champions league had never been cracked by a Slovenian club (the only nation never to have been completed) until I managed it this year with Jadran Dekani which took me 11-12 seasons to win it. One thing i'll say about it though is that is fun and if you have the patience to stick at it then it will be one of the most rewarding saves you'll ever have :cool:

Thanks Dexter, I'm quite shocked at how hard it is to win things in Slovenia, it's going to be a massive challenge, hopefully I can be the 2nd person to win it with a Slovenian club.

August 2012

G5okg5A.png?1

2qEp3rB.png?1

Ez6sXbK.png?1

A good if unspectacular first month of the season, we're the undefeated team left in the league and we could be a lot worse as we've conceded the first goal in 3 of the 4 games that the opponent has scored in.

September 2012

7esE3ld.png?1

lyvbCic.png?1

A poor month in all honesty, we scored 2 goals in 4 of the 5 games and only won once, the game against Dravinja was terrible as we went 4-0 down and we were 3-0 down before half time, I'll be looking for a more defensive tactic now, hopefully without taking away our attacking elements.

October 2012

9Vv4xTe.png?1

AOWwphX.png?1

Well I would have said that we had sorted out our defensive problems but then Sampion who are in the relegation zone ruined it by beating us 4-0 which was a complete fluke of a game. Other than that thins are going well our GD has gone now but we remain with just 3 points off of the promotion spot.

Krsko doing much better than when I was there at the start of my last career :D

They're just above expectations as they're predicted 4th, they have some quite good players although their best players my scout rates a 3 1/2*

Getting a run together now :thup:

Hopefully it can continue as the league is getting quite tight!

April 2013

RodfwhR.png?1

Hnhu6yf.png?1

Only 2 games this month, a win and a loss which sees us off the top spot..

We play Krsko at home in the next game which is a must win for the title, after that we play 10th place Smartno 1928 (A) and 8th place Sencur (A)

Krsko on the other hand face 8th place Sencur (H) and 9th place Sampion (A)

Zavr%C4%8D.gif

NK Zavrč - 2. Slovenska Nogometna Liga - 2012/13 Season Review

2. Slovenska Nogometna Liga

Results

Final League Position: 1st - Champions!

Well we were predicted to finish last by the media so I think I shocked them by finishing at the complete opposite end of the table and we spend next season in the top division of Slovenia for the first time in our history.

Squad

WE had a decent squad for this level, I think with this team we will struggle in the top tier so lots of strengthening will be needed if we are to stay in the top division, I'll be looking to sell a couple of the worse players from the team and hopefully the board will give me a bit of money for the pre-season.

Transfers - Finances

I only made a profit from selling one player and that was selling my back-up striker who made 8 substitute appearances to Maribor for £85K which helped our finances. Hopefully we'll get some money for being promoted to steer us away from going further into the red.

Top 3 Players (Avg Rating)

Dejan Purisic - A new signing from the summer and ended up being the top scorer by some way scoring 14 in 26.

Andrej Dugolin - Bossed the midfield and barely ever put a foot wrong.

Boris Sambolec - Another new signing and he often made key tackles to put the opponents off.

Season  |            League           |  Position |   Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | 2. Slovenska Nogometna Liga |    1st    | Promoted as Champions

Well done snatching it. In my current career I held on to top spot in the Norwegian Second Division despite a last-day draw being our only point in the last few games :D

Thanks deltablue :D I've tried to strengthen the squad by bringing in players from abroad, the only downside is that they have taken up all my wage budget!

2013/14 Pre-Season

AjqU9bU.png?1

cG0AfO3.png?1

Suad Filekovic - Odail Junior - Dejan Rusic - Ronan - Rafinha - Alex - Samuel Lopes

The Pre-Season is very short since the league starts in mid July so these won't be the only transfers made, some of the weaker ones will actually be released shortly to free some wage budget but I think we can finish a minimum of 8th which is needed to stay in the division.

July 2013

EYRJDFo.png?1

Zavrč only has a population of 1,338 so over half of them are now season ticket holders!

ovJgmvG.png?1

3tIFjwr.png?1

There is definitely a class difference as we start the season just above the drop zone, one plus side is that we have only conceded 3, the joint 2nd lowest in the league.

August 2013

2jENlRK.png?1

3LmINbF.png?1

The league isn't looking to well as we're already 5 points behind Rudar who are only 1 place above us so it looks like we'll be in a relegation fight, on the plus side I did make one more transfer;

joZkURu.png?1

Pb8hxqg.png?1

October 2013

cQHkiwU.png?1

vRN2qtk.png?1

Porr. In a word, we played Maribor 3 times and didn't beat them, we came close in the last game although we were 4-1 down at the 80th minute. We have caught us to the rest of the teams though, leaving the bottom 2 some way behind me now.

Decent season so far. A couple more seasons and you should be challenging for the title providing you get the right players.

I'm going to have to get rid of quite a few since we're only allowed 3 non EU players in the match day team and we're £1,250 above the wage budget.

Zavr%C4%8D.gif

NK Zavrč - PrvaLiga Telekom Slovenije - 2013/14 Season Review

PrvaLiga Telekom Slovenije

Results

Final League Position: 4th

Again we were predicted to finish dead last and again we proved everyone by finishing a high and mighty 4th!

Squad

The squad was a bit weak but we managed to scrape ahead of better teams and changes will be made, I will be trying to cash in on the Brazilians as I don't want to be playing Non-EU players since it makes it harder on me.

Transfers - Finances

Some transfers went very well, some proved to flop but overall the new signings played very well, Finances are tumbling down, is it too much to ask for a Tycoon to takeover?

Top 3 Players (Avg Rating)

Odail Junior - A new signing and was great for us averaging 7.60, unfortunately though, he is Brazilian and on £450 p/w so I will be looking to sell him.

Boris Sambalec - He's aging now and his stats are starting to drop, but that didn't affect him on the pitch.

Naser Kajtazi - An under 21 International and proving that he can still grow, very good at the back.

Season  |            League           |  Position |   Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | 2. Slovenska Nogometna Liga |    1st    | Promoted as Champions
2013/14 | PrvaLiga Telekom Slovenije  |    4th    |

March 2015

5MC1ebY.png?1

7EkU5uf.png?1

An excellent month as we keep 3 clean sheets and rise to 4th place, I hadn't noticed that we've also conceded the least amount of goals in the league, and that was after I'd thought our defence was bad!

Archived