Feeder clubs a bit rubbish in FMC?

Maybe my board are just a bit rubbish, but in my FMC game (2020/21 season) as Leicester City, we have about six different feeder clubs, all of which are varying degrees of utterly useless - I think there's one halfway decent one in the lower Spanish divisions, but apart from that, the clubs are all on the fringes of existence and in many cases aren't even involved in a league.

Is there any benefit to having these other than just eating up ~£120k a season each? They're nowhere near good enough for me to consider poaching players from, and most of them don't even have any fixtures organised, so there'd be no point sending youth players there.

Anyone else noticing this, or have I just had bad luck/an incompetent board?

I agree that alot of the affiliates that the board find for you aren't really appropriate. As Man Utd the only affiliate that I actually use is Kilmarnock in the SPL, but the other 3 or 4 are essentially useless to me. I've never even heard of the teams they've chosen let alone the divisions that these teams play in.

I'm hoping next year we'll be able to at least have some say in which feeder club we have. It's not really much use having the AI choose for us because they make some very bizarre choices.

• Administrators

If you don't utilize the affiliates the board can get rid of them, which they have done in my experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Would be good if we could request. My Tranmere team has risen through the leagues, i've never used the affiliates as they are just not good enough. However, the board never look to improve them (they did remove one non league team though). Would be good if we could suggest/request some teams, or be given options. Its not a complex or time consuming task and is so useful. Would be good to see it in FMC, or have the board be a bit more thoughtful in their choices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Would be good if we could request. My Tranmere team has risen through the leagues, i've never used the affiliates as they are just not good enough. However, the board never look to improve them (they did remove one non league team though). Would be good if we could suggest/request some teams, or be given options. Its not a complex or time consuming task and is so useful. Would be good to see it in FMC, or have the board be a bit more thoughtful in their choices.

'Risen through the leagues' - I'd be interested in knowing where you are (Premier League, by any chance?) I've done the same in Spain in my game, and have about 6 affiliates. I'd be interested in knowing what feeder clubs you think you should be getting so we can improve it.

• Administrators
Agreed' date=' my affiliate has no un-grey players and isnt in a recognisable league. surely no point?[/quote']

This can happen in FM as well and what should happen in this case is the affiliate should start to produce a small number of newgens, especially if you havie an agreement on first option on their players.

gawd bless my feeder clubs at Spurs.

I have leyton Orient so send all my super young half decent players there to get gets. I then have Hearsts in Scotland. So after a good Orient loan, if they are good enough they go to hearts, get some more games. Maybe a loan in the championship then just to finish them off and they are nearing the first team. I've probably used method on 4 or 5 youngsters that have gone on to be decent. One thing I found with loaning my players to feeder clubs is checking their squad thoroughly before sending them out. No point in sending my ok keeper to orient if their number one is awesome as he wont get games. But on classic in general I find its about being a bit more thoughtful wiht where you loan youngsters to get the best out of them. I find they need game time to improve.

I've got first dibs on some brazilian teams players which so far have produced utter tripe so happy to see that link get ditched sooner rather than later!

Archived