Stars or stats - how to evaluate a player

Hi there,

I'm currently enjoying FMH 13 on Ipad and doing good with FC Metz in my 3rd season (4th in the first league)

There is still something i'm not really getting right, how to evaluate a player the best way.

Should I listen to my physio and see how many stars a player is given OR

should I focus on the stats and pick a player with as many as "green stats" as possible.

Also, why a player who was rated 5 stars on my second season, is only 3 or 4 stars now (talking about some players with age 23-27, so not really the older)

Thanks and Good game: )

Thanks for reply. Any other inputs?

I still don't get why some players of my squad are rating 3*** with good stats while some are rating 5***** with average stats.

Also, it seems to me that the physio report is changing quite fast : one of my player play a very good game with 3 goals and the day after he was rated as the best SC ofmy team. He was only the third choice a few days before tough.

Also the value of the players are changing over time in a way that I'm struggling to understand.

Do you have a clever explication for that?

Thanks.

I'm fumbled about the rating as much as you do.

Player's stat change very frequently depending on their morale and forms. Once their stats changed, physios/coach report reflect those stats making them change quite a lot if you rotate them quite a bit. The value behave in pretty similar way with club's status playing part, the club with higher rank push the value up, etc.

Im finding it quite diffictult as well, players who look good are said to be rubbish and then players who look rubbish are good. When I ask my assistant to pick the team they wil always pick a different 11. I just need to study my players a bit better I think.

In my Worcester side Glover who has a shooting rating of 9 scores a lot, well did in my first season hasnt scored so much since he went up a division when a player I had on loan with I think 15 rating (one of reasons I loaned him) only scored 4 times in 21 games :(

Don't forget other factors such as morale, condition, form etc.

Also consider the roles your players are in. For example, if you play a direct style with wingers, you'll create a lot of chances by crossing. If your best striker for shooting isn't the best at heading, he might not be the right choice.

As for the original post, I rely on my own judgement for how good a player is, but take the opinion of my coach for the potential he has.

I'm really struggling with this aspect of the game, I have a few grey areas.

How accurate is the stars system both current and potential when you scout someone?

Is it any more accurate with your signed players?

Is it these stars they use to make comparison when they tell you if someone is an improvement or not?

Basically I have had some players I thought looked good, only get three stars and I have ended up going for an alternative. Could your coaches et it so wrong that a three star player could really be a 6 or 7? If so, this actually makes the game harder rather than being a help.

FYI, I'm playing as Southend currently.

Basically I have had some players I thought looked good, only get three stars and I have ended up going for an alternative. Could your coaches et it so wrong that a three star player could really be a 6 or 7? If so, this actually makes the game harder rather than being a help.

FYI, I'm playing as Southend currently.

When I first got this game I did a game as Southampton and signed one of those superkids...my coach said he wouldn't succeed at the club. 3 years after and I won the priemership he was the best striker we had and valued at £18,500,000

I have just bought two guys to test it out.

Ben fairclough from Boston, scouts says 1star (even after I have purchased), but I think he has potential

Carl Rodgers from altrincham same situation.

I don't have a pc, so can someone posts the ca/pa of these players please. Or tell me how I can find them out from an iPad?

• 1 month later...

Interesting comparison: I am playing in League 2 (ENG) and I have 2 right defenders:

Which one would you pick as full back right:

Scott Leather 4 stars:

tackling 10

Positioning 7

Heading 14

Decisions 12

Passing 11

Pace 10

Strength 8

Teamwork 8

Richie Sutton 3 stars:

tackling 15

Positioning 11

Heading 15

Decisions 12

Passing 4

Pace 11

Strength 14

Teamwork 13

With the exception of passing, Sutton is much stronger as a defender judged by attributes, but gets less stars....

Interesting comparison: I am playing in League 2 (ENG) and I have 2 right defenders:

Which one would you pick as full back right:

Scott Leather 4 stars:

tackling 10

Positioning 7

Heading 14

Decisions 12

Passing 11

Pace 10

Strength 8

Teamwork 8

Richie Sutton 3 stars:

tackling 15

Positioning 11

Heading 15

Decisions 12

Passing 4

Pace 11

Strength 14

Teamwork 13

With the exception of passing, Sutton is much stronger as a defender judged by attributes, but gets less stars....

Ignoring the stars I'd look at who best fits your formation ... Leather would be ok as a wingback but Sutton loos like the better fullback

What do the potential stars suggest ?

Archived