[FM2013][Release] MacAssistant RT

MacAssistant RT is a real time scout tool forFootball Manager 2013. It supports Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8, and the latest 13.1.3 Steam version of FM2013.

Exclusively available from fmscout.com

Picking up where MacAssistant 2012 left off, the work continues on MacAssistant RT for FM13.

Released: 29 November 2012 - v0.4

UPDATE: 12/12/12 :) - 0.4.1

Redistribution Policy:

People who want to put MacAssistant RT on other sites, you may link back to the fmscout.com page but you cannot host any files yourselves. Thank you!

Compatibility

Current MacAssistant RT version 0.4.1 supports:

• the latest FM13 version 13.1.3
  • Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 (Sorry but OS X 10.5 is missing the necessary frameworks)

Features

After SI's decision to lock down the saved game files this year, the only solution was to get the data from the memory, and that is what I did with MacAssistant RT.

• Ability to scout for players
  • See the player's statistics in detail, as well as their hidden statistics
  • Amazing predicate editor, so you can search for that awesome player you couldn't find till now
  • Automatic application updates keeps you up-to-date with new features
  • Person Statistics
  • Player Status icons in search results
  • Player Contract Details
  • Nation Flags
  • Player reputation
  • Fitness / Jadedness
  • Reset Search terms
  • NEW! Case-sensitive or Case-insensitive search
  • NEW! Player faces (megapack) support!
  • NEW! Detects running version of Football Manager
  • NEW! Search for Free Agents, Expiring and Expired Contracts
  • NEW! Added Ctr, Loa, and Lst Player Statuses
  • BUGFIX! Fixed a bug which would cause search to crash
  • BUGFIX! Fixed some loading issues
  • BUGFIX! Fixed contract date searching
  • BUGFIX! Other minor fixes and improvements

A lot of exciting features and improvements are coming too, in later releases. MacAssistant RT will include shortlisting functionality, so you can save the players you find in MacAssistant RT and load them in the game, without the need to search again for them. Staff, Clubs, Nations and other game objects will be included as well, all through a constant stream of monthly updates you'll get from the application's smart auto-update system.

Instructions for the First Run

The first time you load the app, it will ask for your password. Please fill it in because it's important that the app will run with root access, otherwise it will quit.

Also the app will try to locate your game's lang_db.dat file automatically. Please, open preferences, by clicking the MacAssistant RT menu bar and then Preferences after you've successfully loaded a game, to make sure that the file was correctly located. If it wasn't, please click on the default path and point it to the correct location. The game, however, can still load fine without it, so you can safely ignore this for now, until all the new features are added.

Bugs & Feature Requests

MacAssistant RT will also need your help! Due to the fact that I had to completely rewrite the loading engine, it is to be expected that there will be some bugs to hunt down and kill. Reporting any bug you come across is vital, and this will be handled by the new bug tracking system.

In case you find a bug, please file a bug in the issue tracker, and I'll try and fix it as soon as possible.

You can always request a feature that you want that will make this tool better! Just leave a message in the issue tracker, mark it as an enhancement, and wait for the next release! Any doable feature requested will make it in the next release if it's not that time consuming. But if it is, you'll probably have to wait a few releases. It's still gonna be added!

Credits

MacAssistant RT is a fully featured assistant tool created by thanoulas.

New app logo by Stam.

Screenshots will follow soon

http://www.fmscout.com/a-macassistant-rt-for-fm13.html

Tried to go to the link to post an enhancement but it justs ays 404, page not found, so figured I may as well post it here.

Not sure if it's already available, if so, I've not figured out how :p but to be able to see what players will look like at their PA. If it's at all possible.

not sure if this is the place to post but I can't get it work? I press 'load game' and then it starts 'finding offsets...' and nothing more happens. Have even started a new game and tried it but no luck. Also I can't edit where it locates the graphics file (it defaulted to fm12?).

a shame because as DJB said above I too am one of the saddos who finds this tool invaluable! =]

Unfortunately, the most robust way of finding the database objects in the memory is through scanning it, so this is why loading takes so long. It's also caching everything internally, so MacAssistant RT doesn't crash when you quit FM13 or hit "Continue". I could have made it way faster, but it would be more prone to crashing, and we'd all hate that, right? :)

I have a small problem with this tool.

When I tried to use it for a second time after installing I clicked on the icon in my launchpad and a question mark appeard in the icon and refused to load.

I deleted it and installed again and it worked fine.

Any ideas what's wrong?

When I tried to use it for a second time after installing I clicked on the icon in my launchpad and a question mark appeard in the icon and refused to load.

Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm still having this issue. Even with the new version.

Try doing the following:

Click the Apple icon, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy

Click the lock icon and authorise, then in the "Allow applications downloaded from" select "Anywhere".

Close all windows and reinstall the app and try again.

• 4 weeks later...

Still going,if you click the link in the 1st post then scroll down to the comments section you will get updates from there, thanoulas said he has been busy with work and other stuff so hasnt got much done of late but I believe he said is going to do abit more with it and is deciding wether or not to release each time he adds a small feature or just do one update with a handful, either way its still being worked on and he will release a new version in due course.

thanoulas • 2013-02-09 19:56

Ok, so I've decided to go with the smallest feature releases rather than a big update. So, since I've started work on a few things, here's the next update's features. It is going to be released by next Sunday (17 Feb):

Version 0.4.6:

Staff search and Staff details

(Estimated) Player Asking Price

Some new design features

Bugfixes for OS X 10.6

Support for Russian Retails 13.2.2

• 3 weeks later...

Any ideas what's wrong?

Try doing the following:

Click the Apple icon, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy

Click the lock icon and authorise, then in the "Allow applications downloaded from" select "Anywhere".

Close all windows and reinstall the app and try again.

Still have this problem with the latest version.

I tried the above but I still cant launch the application again after the first time I run it.

Any ideas?

• 3 years later...
On 5 March 2013 at 23:47, Thanoulas said:

Version 0.5.0 is out. With a glance:

Supports 13.3.0 and 13.3.2 (Steam)

Added Staff search and Staff Detail panels

Hi Thanoulas,

I have recently moved my FM2012 game over from my dying laptop, to my Mac.  I tried to get Genie Scout on to my Mac but have been unsuccessful, and have seen that you created Macassistant for 2012.  Obviously this was years ago, and I cannot seem to find a download.

Are you able to help at all?  I am desperate for a scouting tool.

Thanks matey!!

Luke

31 minutes ago, Lucas1985 said:

Hi Thanoulas,

I have recently moved my FM2012 game over from my dying laptop, to my Mac.  I tried to get Genie Scout on to my Mac but have been unsuccessful, and have seen that you created Macassistant for 2012.  Obviously this was years ago, and I cannot seem to find a download.

Are you able to help at all?  I am desperate for a scouting tool.

Thanks matey!!

Luke

He did not visit the forums for 2 years, so you really can't expect an answer. I think the better choice is to ask in a thread if someone has the tool still on their computer, as there is no functional download link available.

• 2 years later...

Hi appreciate this is very old, but I'm still enjoying my fm13 career. I have a game which is really old in game time so I cant update the app as it wont be compatible with the save, but I was still using macassistant 0.7.6 although it's really buggy (team names have unknown in them and some searches on attributes come back with 0 hits) but I have a new bug now I've updated my operating system. I no longer have surnames at all. Very difficult to use when it only shows forenames. Why has this happened and is there a workaround?

15512609696641770335467412673595.jpg

Archived