What am I doing wrong ?

Fm has always been a somewhat easy game when you're playing with one of the top teams.

But this new fm, I don't know wtf it is about it but I'm having a really hard time.

I'm managing Bayern Munich which has a pretty insane team from the get go and yet I'm constantly losing games. Even when I play at home.

In my first season, I ended up in 4th place. I lost 11 games and had 6 draws! In the he ECC I didn't go beyond the group stage and I lost the german cup in the final.

I'm now in my second season and in 12 games I've already lost 4 and had 5 draws.

My Tactics

Team Settings.

Btw, assistant manager is responsible for running match training.

Help ?:o

1:Untick counter - thats only good when playing defense vs better teams

2: Attacking mentality will get you hammered - start with balanced or control - attacking is mainly if you got to chase a goal - control the game is more important.

3: Ademilson is not a quality striker yet if hes your main guy, then its not good.

4: Poachers as lonely forwards dont work. They are just to static - you need that guy to move alot - DLF or something else might be better.

5: Having star quality players does not mean victory - they need to fit in your tactic with the attributes they have or the way you want to play.

6: 2 wingers is also too static unless your wbs run overlap alot - and that will make you vulnerable to counter attacks.

7: If you got the time - watch some full matches to tweak around with your tactics and watch the match analyzes closely.

Thats just some of it :)

Thanks for the reply. Offside is not actually checked. Only counter-attack.

What do you mean exactly by high line?

This tactic that I'm using seems to be a pretty standard one and I'm sure I have used it in previous Fm's, successfully.

The offside might not be ticked but your team is still using it (because it's on yes.)

High line is play to far up the pitch and i see you have no midfield ball winner and your two center back maybe have one as a cover the other as a stopper

1:Untick counter - thats only good when playing defense vs better teams

2: Attacking mentality will get you hammered - start with balanced or control - attacking is mainly if you got to chase a goal - control the game is more important.

3: Ademilson is not a quality striker yet if hes your main guy, then its not good.

4: Poachers as lonely forwards dont work. They are just to static - you need that guy to move alot - DLF or something else might be better.

5: Having star quality players does not mean victory - they need to fit in your tactic with the attributes they have or the way you want to play.

6: 2 wingers is also too static unless your wbs run overlap alot - and that will make you vulnerable to counter attacks.

7: If you got the time - watch some full matches to tweak around with your tactics and watch the match analyzes closely.

Thats just some of it :)

Thanks for the tips.

Attacking mentality has always produced great results for me but I guess in this game it isn't working for some reason.

And yes, Ademilson is not amazing yet but the rest of the team is...

Thanks for the tips.

Attacking mentality has always produced great results for me but I guess in this game it isn't working for some reason.

And yes, Ademilson is not amazing yet but the rest of the team is...

dosent matter if they are amazing - you are playing without a midfield atm ;) They are almost all attacking - so the balance in the team is not good at all. The formation can work but you need better roles assigned and less static build up play. Ademilson plays like crap for you - thats because as a lone forward poachers dosent work. He is a young guy and def not main striker for a big club like Bayern... he could be in the future though :)

dosent matter if they are amazing - you are playing without a midfield atm ;) They are almost all attacking - so the balance in the team is not good at all. The formation can work but you need better roles assigned and less static build up play. Ademilson plays like crap for you - thats because as a lone forward poachers dosent work. He is a young guy and def not main striker for a big club like Bayern... he could be in the future though :)

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna have to play around with different roles. Thanks!

Robbin is a left-footed right wing player that would better fit your tactic as an inside forward, bringing the ball back onto his stronger foot. This will increase your attacking options in the final third and allow you to change one of your attacking midfielders to a more ball-winniing/defensive role. As they are now, I imagine the supporting AM and the attacking CM are trying to occupy the same space on the field, making it easier for the opposition to mark you with a simple zone.

Archived