[FM13] Paris Saint-Germain F.C

MrSundlofer

Reading this thread has inspired me to start up a PSG save, will be playing 3-5-2 and trying to have all French players,there has been a big turnover of players so far

Ins. Outs

Sissoko 7.5 m. Pastore 20m man Utd

Mezague170k. Tiene 2.2m

Varane p/ex. Ibrahimovich

Mandanda 11.5m. Alex 4.4m

Matthieu p/ex. Van der Wiel

Zouma 11m P/ex. Maxwell

Digne 7m. Armand 1.5 m Monaco

Capoue 13m. Camara 1m Montpellier

Giroud 22 m

Maupay 1.7m

Won the first three league games against Ajaccio.Bordeaux and LOrient ,giroud has scored two in two.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome painter, I like your signings and strategy. Only Varane that I need to add from that list to my squad ;)

Hoarau, it sounds like you had a great season 2 and I look forward to reading all about it :applause:

Tiger, it's a bit tougher in season 2? Nice signing with Aguero. High profile signings are the only thing the board are not getting from me - and it's mentioned occasionally too!

Hi Jogo we have won the super cup and world club championship beating Soa Paulo 3-0

We are out of both domestic cups the players just seemed lack lusture in their performance in both.

We are fighting for the league title with lille

We have drawn Benfica in the champions league.

Jogo i am having the same problem as u had with Menez his contract demands are crazy. He may leave in the summer

I got my new goalkeeper for next season AS Victor Valdes will join in the summer on a bosman

Ligue1_OverviewProfile_zps39b6fcab.png

This is what i believe to be my best starting eleven at the moment

ParisSaint-Germain_TacticsOverview_zps944f5fc6.png

Tiger, two more great 'global' cups there. Domestic cups aren't that important to the board so they won't matter. Your 442 diamond is still doing well then. That looks like a high profile first team to keep the club owners happy. Best of luck and I hope your visit to Estadio de Luz is better than my last one, when City pipped me to the CL trophy at the death.

Valdes was available on a Bosman in my game too, but of course didn't meet my selection criteria. Menez ended up signing for somebody else (can't remember who now) on a Bosman for less than his previous PSG wage. I think it was £56k with us and £52k at his new club. The greedy guy just wanted a signing-on fee obviously, and hasn't left a big hole in my squad.

Lille are my big challenge in Ligue 1 again too (season 3) as they were in season 1. In season 2 they were almost relegated and only survived by a couple of points - bizarre. I'm second in the league, 6 points behind Lille. We qualified behind Barca in the CL group, and have now been drawn against Man Utd again. I never seem to get an easy draw.

The January 2015 window is open here and I am offering out Jallet, Gomis, Sanogo and my few remaining reserves that are not French. Jallet has been a good servant but I have my two RWB's for the future and I thought I would see if I can make anything on him before his contract ends in the summer. Gomis is OK but nearing 30 and I want to start using my younger strikers (Charbonnier, Maupay, Ongenda) more as they have done well when given the chance. If I can move him on now, I should recoup my £6.25m outlay. Sanogo was signed on a free and is valued at £4m, so has been a decent bit of business despite only a handful of first team appearances.

I'll post some results up later including a 3-1 domestic cup win over Lyon that was significant because I had to call up 6 reserves and hand a debut to my 4th choice keeper (Mike Maignan). With my two international 'keepers amongst the other absentees (8 or 9 IIRC) due to an unwelcome French international friendly, and with 3rd choice Areola out on loan, he was plucked from the U19 squad, and started between the sticks. Due to having only two CB's available for the match, I was also forced (for only the second time under my control) to field a different formation, and the first time ever we had to use a back 4. I was delighted that we managed to come through against such strong opposition under these circumstances.

Edit: I forgot to add, my newest staff addition...Thierry Henry (U19 coach). I am not sure these staff members are convincing the board as my high profile signings though!!

A quick update we look good to retain the league title as Lille run out of steam, we have a 16 point lead with 7 games left.

The champions league tie against Benfica was tight we lost 3-2 in the estadio da luz, but beat them 2-1 at the parc des princes to win on away goals.

I must say Benfica played like stoke bombarding our box with crosses and very dangerous on set plays where cardozo scored 2 in the first leg. In the second leg they scored a stoke trademark long throw routine.

We have drawn Dortmund in the QF

I could not resist buying this future french international star from Rennes for 6.5m

JohannLeBerre_OverviewProfile_zpsc7a98161.png

He has just started for Rennes and scored 2 goals and became the youngest ever ligue 1 scorer

Nice going Tiger, another league title for you is just around the corner, and you're looking good in Europe again too. Your youth signing looks excellent there.

My Ligue 1 form needs to improve a little and we still have Man Utd to face in the CL (first knockout stage). I know I am facing a battle in both competitions. Meanwhile, I'm doing well with my youngsters in the cups (especially Maupay), and Sakho is heading home plenty of corners and free kick's from Mathieu & Cabaye deliveries.

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule-5_zps472c3832.png

Now waiting for more excellent updates from Hoarau and the other PSG bosses.

psg20logo20wallpaper.png

psglogos.png

Season 2

Ligue 1.

This was a crazy, tense campaign from its horribly slow & slippy start where I spent months not reaching higher than probably 5th? To a change in system that saw the rebirth of forgotten man. We eventually won the league on the 2nd to last game, whether we deserved it or not I can't honestly answer, for me it was a tale of two halfs, if the first half of the season was anything to go by then we should've finished well outside the top european places... Lyon & Marseille ran us all the way but they weren't the only problems Nice, Toulouse & Bordeaux all made life difficult, this league really is one of the more open and challenging.

But as I mentioned a change occurred around December, Injuries and suspensions left us in a bit of a state, we had positions and a formation with no one to fill then so this led to a reshuffle. The two wingers dropped back to WBs and the A-man became an AMC behind the front two. Kevin Gamiero came in due to a longish term Injury to Abuyameng, Moura partnered him and Bernard & Pastore rotate the AMC role. Things really kicked on from here both in the league and Europe, Gamerio went on to score 15 goals in 23apps, who knows how we'd have done or his Gamerio & Abuyameng would've combined had these changes been made earlier...

leagueb.jpg

UEFA Europa League

WINNERS!

Couldn't believe it, while it isn't the Champions League it's still PSG's first European trophy since the 90's. The only fixture aside from the English clubs I felt we may have struggled was Shakhtar but we played very well. I was delighted to see us go over the two English teams as they always seem really powered in Europe.

eurocuptree.jpg

Transfers(Ins & Outs)

Outs

Gregory van Der Wiel - Manchester City - £18.25m

Kevin Gamerio - Roma - £8.5m

Salvatore Sirigu - Porto - £15m

Clement Chantome - AS Monaco - £8.75m

Christophe Jallet - Stoke - £5.5m

The Gamerio transfer was a sore one, he left with both he and I heavy hearted. He won us the league last year and he won us the Europa League of that there is no question, but his agents demands and reluctance to negotiate meant I had to move him on before his contract opened up on January 1st. I recieved higher offers from Ligue 1 sides Monaco & Bordeaux but such is the respect and ill be honest fear of him haunting me I rejected the money and sent him to Rome.

Loans Out

Neal Maupay - Hervin Ongenda - Adrien Rabiot - Lucas Ocampos - Jean Christophe Bahebeck - Alphonse Areola

A handful of others all left for first team football with top tier sides aswell. After Maupay's fantastic loan spell I thought one last experience for the young brigade before they all assume full first team roles next year. I'm hoping they all get the same amount of games Maupay got, about 28/30, that's a lot more than I could have promised them and the clubs that have taken then all promised they'd be first choice.

Ins

Victor Valdes - Free Transfer

Squad Review & Preview

Goalkeepers

With Sirigu gone for a great fee and the coup of bringing in Valdes we really are stronger here. We have the solid and reliable Ospina as No#2 yo add that Areola is now getting first team football for Nice then we seem to be sorted for the forseable future.

Defence

Nothing majorly changed here, Evra came in Januray to both challenge and help tutor Digne for the left back role. On the right side I moved on VDW for a fantastic fee to Man City while bringing in a favourite of mine Sebastian Corchia to duel with Fofana for the RWB slot.

My 4 centre backs are just amazing no matter what combination I play they are rocks. The stand out is Big Mamadou, Fans player of the Year last year and for good reason, he's a pillar of any success I have achieved or will achieve and with Jallet moving on he's was the obvious and only choice as new Paris saint Germain captain.

Midfield

STACKED.

Is thee understatement of the season, I've done really well to whittle my squad as a whole down to what it is while keeping the important players, the youth has been given a great opportunity to learn and play many games out on loan so that has given me a smaller first team than last year but the depth is far superior and no where is that more prominent.

We have 3 top quality defensive minded midfielders who will hopefully work together for many years to come, the old guard of M'Vila & Wanyama, two of my stars from last season will hopefully continue to dominate the opposition with there strength and aggression. In games where I'd like to be a bit more solid I've recruited another great prospect in Dutchman Jordy Classie from Feyenoord on a bosman who I hope will compliment, cover and challenge my two brick walls in midfield.

The link between them all, the heartbeat, the "French Xavi", Yohan Cabaye. Quietly doing his job, making things look ridiculously easy last season, he racked up a few goals but even more assists. That's the thing I'm not expecting him to put up big numbers in the goals/assist columns, he's the guy who supply's the pass to the guy who gets the asssist if you know what I mean, he starts the move. He is PSG's heartbeat, something and actually someone they need in real life.

The real challenge this season is going to be making sure I get enough game time to my attacking midfielders, I don't want to lose any of them so ill be working between 2/3 tactics to make sure they all see some time on the field. What's encouraging is the adaptability with these players, they can all play out wide and equally perform well off a front two. The really star here is Bernard, I'm so happy my largest outlay is performing the way I knew he could, ill post up his start to season 3, quite exceptional. He's my creative spark, he's the guy I was referring to who gets the ball from Cabaye... From there it's just his magic, through balls, cut backs, crosses, tap ins and 30 yard screamers... He's bringing it all out the bag. Oh and did I mention he hits a free kick like Ronaldinho crossed with Rivaldo! Legend.

Attack

After the drama with Gamerio I had to forget about it and concentrate on who is with us, Abuyameng was one of my too performers last season and he's set to start again up top but this season he's got a different partner..

Robert Lewondowski.

A Bosman signing from Dortmund and another real coup for the club espically on such a deal. I'm hoping this addition will add a level up in class for us and help us compete in the Champions League to a respectable standard. His goal scoring record last year at Dortmund saw him won the Golden boot and go on to be the top goal scorer in the World Cup. Hoping he and PEA will form a quick bond.. If not waiting in the wings is another top player for me last year Lucas Moura, he deserves to see a lot of game time so with the added games of the CL ill be rotating a fair bit.

Also in on a Bosman came French international striker Bafetmbi Gomis from Lyon, very happy with his addition partly because it keeps my squad with a nice strong French quota but it also weakens one of my big rivals.

squadj.jpg

A new era has dawned..

I didn't even get much into new comers Antione Griezmann and Younes Belhanda but with the amount of games we have to play I'm sure they'll be the focus of muh discussion. I'm really happy with my squad, I feel strong and in control. I'm also very glad that my promising band of youngsters is all out getting first team action.

With the gelling still underway I'm delighted with the start we've had to season 3 but ill save all that for my January update which with how addicted I am to this save shouldn't be long away..

Hoarau, thanks for the fantastic update - a very enjoyable read! And as I said before, your graphics add so much to the presentation. I haven't worked that out yet myself.

Congratulations on your double, winning the Europa League should bring an extra bit of experience to your squad which will hopefully help in the CL next season. I agree with you, Ligue 1 is not easy, and I like the fact that it's competitive too. A tense win in the league, but as they say 'the table never lies' right?

It's great to see that you changed formation and it made a positive difference, you can feel really proud of that. I am interested to read about your best players, transfers in and out, and I can see your squad is looking in great shape for another (upgraded) double assault next season. Lewandowski should add a touch of class and the other buys are packing your squad full of talent. Not only that, you got great fees for the players you sold on! Will you bring in another RWB or anybody else? Have you added any ex-legends as staff yet? What do you think your preferred formation will be next season?

I know that we have lost some other managers from here recently, but your enthusiasm certainly helps keep me interested in my own game.

Thanks for the kind words, I just hope my updates ain't too boring and monotonous.

Ligue 1 in FM is much like real life, it's view in general as a second class citizen compared to the likes of the Premier League & La Liga but it actually has more competition than both, Infact I'd say its now the too league outside of the big two for me just because of the "anyone can challenge" feel it has. Even Germany & Italy has the same 2/3 sides fighting it out where as France could have many different sides racing for the title. That could all change over the next few years with PSG & Monaco of course should they continue to use their financial backing to advance. It makes FM a real delight though and every season in France, at least for me bring new challengers, I feel Monaco are on the brink of being my nemesis as they've spent a good chunk of change and are quietly amassing a very talented squad so that will make keep the challenge high.

That Europa league win was more important than I give it credit for, as you guys are aware my job was in the line for about a season and a half but that victory I feel cemented my position as it gave the board there first taste of European glory and sort of put the PSG name back on the map.

In terms of the RwB slot I'm happy with Corchia and Fofana, Infact Fofana has develop so well that Arsenal & Fiorentina are after him so I think I'm gonna let these two battle it out.

Oh I forgot all about the staff additions, ill do a mini update in that tonight but ill let you know that a couple of former PSG players have joined as have some notable other retired players. I let Paul Clement leave and gave the assistant managers role to a former player, I spent a considerable time searching for someone for the role but just couldn't settle on anyone so he was a great choice.

Glad to hear your still interested in your save, I enjoy how active the thread has been, be a shame to be the only one posting. How's your new season going then?

I agree the French league is competitive although I haven't managed in Germany or Italy and it's a few years ago when I managed my only time in Spain (Real Madrid). I did try FMC at Newcastle pre-update and may do a Premier League save at some point. The only other time I did our top league was when taking Reading up from the Championship, and I usually stop once taking a team up to that level.

In terms of this, there are plenty of teams that I would consider managing in France, with the belief that you could succeed even against the moneymen of PSG & Monaco. PSG was just a unique opportunity to do it in an all-French way, although as you have seen, I didn't need to spend anywhere near as much as the board make available.

Point taken on Fofana, and I saw you talk of him in your update. I just saw that he wasn't in your first team squad screenshot, that's all. I look forward to seeing your staff list, and I'm sure some of the names there will be quite interesting.

I'm still in January 2015 as my FM progress has been slowed due to some other reasons, but I'm enjoying it and the discussions on here.

Hoarau what a top class update from you sir, and very pleased to hear of your europa league victory. Your squad looks very strong now and can certainly challenge for the champions league. I see great minds think a like with the signing of Valdes and i like you am really enjoying my time at the parc des princes.

I have just finished my second season won the Ligue 1 title easily in the end and i suppose you can call it progress as we finished with 3 points more this season

Ligue1_OverviewStages_zps8edad3de.png

Onto the champions league after we beat Benfica we thrashed Dortmund 5-0 over the two legs. Then onto the semi final we had the german giants Bayern. First leg was at the Allianz Arena where we lost 2-1, then back to paris where our champions league run ended with a 1-1 draw dissapointing but there you go. Bayern went on to beat Porto in the final

Some early tranfer news

Sirgiu off to Juve for 15m

Lavezzi off to Man city for 25m

Van der wiel off to Arsenal for 11m

Toulalan off to Spurs for 9m

Pastore to Arsenal for 30m

Corchia has signed for 11.75m

mvila also for 11m

and my big marque summer signing Mario Gotze for 35m

When i get more time i am going to do a update on my progress with the youngters

Anyway onwards and upwards on my quest to make PSG the biggest club in europe

Nice update Tiger and congrats on the second Ligue 1 success. Unlucky there in the CL semi against Bayern, but excellent results in both of the first two campaigns.

The Qataris will love your spending, and there are more good signings there. I see you're also recouping big fees on sold players.

Cheers Jogo i am very happy with my first choice starting eleven now and i still have a very strong french influence with 6 making that team.

That greedy Menez has just left on a free as he wanted 150k a week to sit on the bench

I know Hoarau had good results with Menez, and he did OK for me when used as my AMC bench option. But he hasn't done enough to double or treble his wages, so I agree with your 'au revoir' decision. Watch where he ends up and I am quite confident it will be at a lower status club on less than his old £56k p/w.

Cheers Tiger.

That's some showing there man, really dominant performance through the league campaign. As for your Champions League run you've started to cement yourself as a real contender and don't feel to disappointed as Bayern are a juggernaut both in FM and real life.

We have very similar transfer dealings, love M'Vila, he's absolutely solid plus he can chip in with a goal or two. Of course Corchia is immense, great potential 10/12 season servant. That marquee signing must have really pleased the board and the fans eh? To have such a player at the Parc de Princes is fantastic, It's funny as I also spent a similar fee on my creative AMC Bernard.

I'm very interested to see if you plane on replacing Lavezzi? Is Gotze the man to fill Pastore's boots? Great fee you got for him aswell.

Looking forward to your next update.

Jogo - Fofana is in the reserves recovering from an injury, sorry I hadn't even noticed he was absent..ha! Well I hope you get some game time soon, be interested in how your getting on.

**EDIT**

Menez is mr PSG for me, his love for the club is second only mine..ha! Ill need to check when I get home but I reckon he's signed a new contract on not to high wages. I think I take advantage of the boards wealth and give the agents a fairly large sum which takes the player demands considerably down.

He was a star my first two seasons, but I can understand your stances gents, your the boss so off he goes.

Hoarau on the Lavezzi front i bought his replacement in the last january transfer window

A certain Kun Aguero for 27.5m but with Lavezzi goint the other way he only cost 2.5m and i reckon if he was not cup tied for me in europe last season we may have won back to back champion leagues

When ever i send scouts to brazil they always give me good reports on Bernard

Season 3 about to begin and i class this as my first choice eleven

ParisSaint-Germain_TacticsOverview_zps80d156c1.png

Has anyone had a look at Valentin Eysseric?

HE's very highly thought of in real life and seems like a great prospect in game, i think he may be my replacment for Jeremy Menez should he desire to leave. Worth a look, espically if you like to buy French or like me in general buy domestic.

Has anyone had a look at Valentin Eysseric?

HE's very highly thought of in real life and seems like a great prospect in game, i think he may be my replacment for Jeremy Menez should he desire to leave. Worth a look, espically if you like to buy French or like me in general buy domestic.

That's a good shout, he has done well for 3 seasons in my game and I keep being linked to him (and Bernard) by the media. I think he would be a good signing if you go for it.

How is season 3 going for you?

I was just offered the Barcelona job but i sent them packing and speaking of Barca how do we think PSG will do tonight?

Right approaching the halfway point of season 3 and a hatrick of Ligue 1 titles is on the cards

Ligue1_OverviewStages_zps7f49a04a.png

We have drawn Napoli in the champions league and still in both domestic cups

Okay, so this is my very first attempt on doing one of these challenges. Of course I'm starting with the newly updated PSG-team, s here's my first team as it looks on my first day on the job:

2013-04-10_00003.jpg

Also, my list of players on loan is updated to be as in real life. It looks like this:

Loïck Landre on loan at Gazélec

Diego Lugano on loan at Málaga

Kalifa Traoré on loan at Sedan

Adrien Rabiot on loan at Toulouse

Mohamed Sissoko on loan at Fiorentina

Mathieu Bodmer on loan at Saint-Etienne

Neeskens Kebano on loan at Caen

Jean-Christophe Bahebeck on loan at Troyes

Everton Santos on loan at Aksarayspor

Jean-Eudes Maurice on loan at Le Mans

Looking forward to updating you guys some more :)

I am five games in to my first season ,won four and lost won, a disappointing 1-0 defeat to Toulouse in a game I dominated. Finding it hard to score,even though I am creating lots of chances. Sakho and giroud have been the stand out players so far. Mathieu seems liable to get sent of in each game,having to substitute him before he is sent of.

Excellent work tiger, three in a row would be great.

That's not a bad start at all painter, it takes a few games to settle down so you're doing fine.

I'm very surprised what you say about Mathieu. I have had him for nearly three seasons now and never had any disciplinary issues with him. Add to that the assists from open play and corners and free kicks, he has been a great player for me. Matuidi has been a card magnate and I often sub him off for Capoue for that reason.

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule-6_zps63ce11fc.png

Form and results have both picked up in recent times although Lille held an 8-point gap at the top of Ligue 1 after we surrendered very tamely to them in our league game there back in November 2014. As we kept winning, so did they, and only in the last round of matches did they drop two points to reduce this gap to six.

I'm keeping the squad rotated to keep them all interested and delighted with the sharing around of the goals. Giroud is the main man there, but we are getting valuable goal contributions from the rest of the squad too. The assists are coming from all angles, especially from WB's in open play, whilst and our set pieces are dangerous and profitable.

Rabiot and Maupay are now getting very regular starts as Gomis, Jallet and Gameiro (3 month injury) watch on from the sidelines. We're now in February 2015 (no more transfers in the January window) and coming soon will be our first CL knockout match against Man Utd.

Hoping to see all your game updates soon.

Ok season 3 ends at the parc des princes and as expected we win the Ligue 1 title making it a hatrick. We surpassed our two previous season point totals with a whopping 96 points, not only that but also playing some great attractive possesion football.

Ligue1_OverviewStages_zpsdc03fe04.png

Right to the cups

Coupe de la ligue we reached the final where we played Lyon, we took an early lead but lyon hit back in the second half and the game finished 1-1 after extra time. Off to penalties we went and Victor Valdes showed his worth to the team saving two and we won 4-2 on pens.

French cup again this trophy evades me we lost 2-1 in the QF to St. Etienne

Champions League we cruised through the group stages and in the first knockout round we faced Napoli and we beat them 5-3 on aggregate. In the QF we had a all french clash against Lille, who knocked out Barcelona in the last round to show french football on the up. We beat them 3-0 away but they beat us 1-0 at home so off to the Semi final we went.

Deja vu we met Bayern again this time we were at home first and took the game to them and won 4-2. In munich we bossed the game and won 1-0.

So we reach the champions league final the game was staged in the Millenium stadium cardiff and againt the team i support CHELSEA.

We start well and lead 1-0 at half time maupay scored it. Second half chelsea are pushing hard and Falcao scores a late goal and we head to extra time where disaster strikes as Mamadou Sakho scores an own goal and chelsea win 2-1

Time to build for season 4 lets not be to dissapointed

ParisSaint-Germain_FixturesSchedule_zpsdae1d393.png

Karim Benzema is coming in for £28.5m(around about) & Cristiano Ronaldo will be joining for £67m, £235,000 a week!!!

I have no idea what the hell is going on at Madrid but both appeared on the transfer list within days of each other.

If I wasn't enjoying my Newcastle save so much, I'd probably have started with PSG by now.

Karim Benzema is coming in for £28.5m(around about) & Cristiano Ronaldo will be joining for £67m, £235,000 a week!!!

I have no idea what the hell is going on at Madrid but both appeared on the transfer list within days of each other.

Two great deals there, depending on their age.

Wow, what a fantastic double signing.

Benzema is still valued at £23.5m in my game, but they still want £65m for him, and he wanted wages of £300k p/w (earns £110k at Madrid). The fee you paid for him, and the fee and wages for Ronaldo are superb. I'm quite envious, great work!

It's October of 3rd season so both are at a decent age. I was shocked to see Ronaldo on the TL to be honest, I've been eyeing Benzema since day one so his fee seems like a bargain compared to Ronaldo.

The only down side, if you can call it that is I may have to alter formation to accommodate Cristiano, or try and force him intoy current set up... Hmmm Not the worst situation to be in I suppose.

Just started a PSG save thanks to this thread. In the first season summer transfer window still, and have bought Cabaye for £20m and Capoue for £13m to bolster the midfield, as well as bringing in Juan Sanchez Mino on loan for competition at left back. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other signings which could be made? I've approximately £12m left with £275k a week in wages to spare.

Welcome to the PSG thread AyrshireBlue and I hope you find it enjoyable.

Cabaye and Capoue are excellent signings and if the in-game version of Mino is anything like his actual self, that's a great loan deal too.

Other transfer tips would depend on what formation you wanted, what players you may look to sell, whether you have any specific philosophy to follow etc. If you are stilll in the first window, don't hesitate to ask the board to make more transfer revenue available. They should give you 100% so that helps if you move anybody on.

Welcome to the PSG thread AyrshireBlue and I hope you find it enjoyable.

Cabaye and Capoue are excellent signings and if the in-game version of Mino is anything like his actual self, that's a great loan deal too.

Other transfer tips would depend on what formation you wanted, what players you may look to sell, whether you have any specific philosophy to follow etc. If you are stilll in the first window, don't hesitate to ask the board to make more transfer revenue available. They should give you 100% so that helps if you move anybody on.

Thanks for the reply, first and foremost. Reading this thread, and PSG's performance the other night, made me want to try them out.

Yeah, started them all in my first game, and they all performed well. I thought I had overpaid for Cabaye, but I had to pay the price I did as Manchester United had already got a bid accepted of £20m for him. Capoue I just paid the release clause, but even at £13m I feel he'll be a good signing. And Mino has the potential to be a bargain I feel, spending a pittance for him on loan, and even to buy him outright will cost less than £3m.

Formation wise, I started with a 4-3-3 to begin with, but I'm not usually one to stick with a formation. With a previous game, with Wigan no less, I ended up with one of the wackiest formations imaginable. (I only played with one central midfielder) I think for PSG it will either be the 4-3-3, or maybe a 4-1-2-1-2. Only transfers out have been Areola on loan, and Tiene to Porto for £3.4m, apart from that I don't forsee any further outgoings. If I can find one more player who will improve the side, then I'll sign them. I've been negotiated to £22m for Jovetic, but I won't be able to register him, so perhaps looking towards someone of similar quality and price to finish off the side for the season.

A slightly different challenge to Wigan, for sure! I usually do LLM so took the opportunity to try and create an all-French superpower.

The fees you paid make sense, and having looked at Mino in game now, I agree he should do well for you. I am surprised he was listed for loan at Boca so soon, I will take note of that for future clubs. Capoue is versatile so can also be a CB cover if you need to use him there.

So it sounds like you're looking for another striker or perhaps attacking midfielder? Jovetic seems to perform well for most people, but in France there are people like Gomis, Lisandro Lopez, Aubameyang. I purchased Giroud at the start of the game for my record fee of £22.5 million, and he scores plenty depending on what role you want to give him. Benzema is probably too expensive at that point so you could look to South America again? Maybe the likes of Ademilson, Damiao or Bernard would be available, or Falcao or Aguero? Not quite sure what exact 'type' you're after or how you want to use this last piece of the jigsaw.

I hope switching formations won't hold you back and to hearing of your good progress. It's been quite a lively thread and at a more suitable hour, the other guys will chip in with advice and encouragement too.

A slightly different challenge to Wigan, for sure! I usually do LLM so took the opportunity to try and create an all-French superpower.

The fees you paid make sense, and having looked at Mino in game now, I agree he should do well for you. I am surprised he was listed for loan at Boca so soon, I will take note of that for future clubs. Capoue is versatile so can also be a CB cover if you need to use him there.

So it sounds like you're looking for another striker or perhaps attacking midfielder? Jovetic seems to perform well for most people, but in France there are people like Gomis, Lisandro Lopez, Aubameyang. I purchased Giroud at the start of the game for my record fee of £22.5 million, and he scores plenty depending on what role you want to give him. Benzema is probably too expensive at that point so you could look to South America again? Maybe the likes of Ademilson, Damiao or Bernard would be available, or Falcao or Aguero? Not quite sure what exact 'type' you're after or how you want to use this last piece of the jigsaw.

I hope switching formations won't hold you back and to hearing of your good progress. It's been quite a lively thread and at a more suitable hour, the other guys will chip in with advice and encouragement too.

Perhaps so, although my Wigan game, I had got to 5th in the league and had defeated Manchester United in the Carling cup final. And I have tried several times to try a save with my own team (Rangers), just haven't had the patience to try get us through the leagues. I fancied building a new superpower, though, and PSG are a good base.

Mino has been in the reserves at Boca in most games I've started, and available for loan deals.

I'm looking for another forward thinking player as well, (defensively speaking, there is a lot of cover) even though in the latest update Moura and Lavezzi are strikers, I still feel as if the squad is lacking in that area. I did try for Aubameyang, but to no avail so far. The only problem is my 4 non EU slots are taken, with important first team players, so EU players are the name of the game. Benzema is a bit too expensive I imagine at the moment, so I'm really unsure if I should take the risk in going without signing anyone else until the winter transfer window.

That's good going with Wigan. I had a go with Rangers on the original patch and got to the second tier before 'parking' it. I may re-visit that one day, or start on the new update.

Shame about Aubameyang. For other EU strikers at that price some of your best options from France are probably Giroud, Gomis (Lyon), Maupay (Nice - young but well worth £1.3m compo and can start at 16), Corentin Jean (Troyes). From other nations maybe one of Van Wolfswinkel, Huntelaar, Morata (R Madrid/Castilla), Iago Aspas, Llorente, Soldado, Lewandowski, Mario Gomez, Benteke, Gabbiadini, Insigne, Destro? I'm sure there are plenty of others that I have forgotten. From my experience Gameiro does well as an advanced forward on attack duties, but is probably not effective if you are using a lone striker.

Welcome AyrshireBlue, another Scotsman aboard! Hope you enjoy your save, hoping the thread continues with the activ was of everyone. I bought nigh on the same as you, Cabaye and Capoue are stallwarts of my side. Abuyameng is a great buy if you can get him, he's got 8 goals in 8 games for me so far in season 3.

I'm hopefully gonna get some game time tonight which will entail finalising the deals to bring Karim Benzema & Cristiano Ronaldo to Paris.

Welcome AyrshireBlue, another Scotsman aboard! Hope you enjoy your save, hoping the thread continues with the activ was of everyone. I bought nigh on the same as you, Cabaye and Capoue are stallwarts of my side. Abuyameng is a great buy if you can get him, he's got 8 goals in 8 games for me so far in season 3.

I'm hopefully gonna get some game time tonight which will entail finalising the deals to bring Karim Benzema & Cristiano Ronaldo to Paris.

Game crashed last night before I had a chance to save it, so will need restart it. Will make all the same signings as I had done though, and try a bit harder to bring in Aubayameng.

And those sound like a couple of good signings.

After reaching the end of October in my game,form has picked up of late. All the new signings seem to be settling in. Am currently top of the table after 10 games with 23 points,but there is only 5 points separating us and Lille in sixth place. Have seven points from three games in champions league, beating feyenord and olympiakos and drawing with arsenal despite playing with ten men for 70 mins. Have beaten marseille in coupes de ligue 3-0.

On the player front there has been some great performances,Giroud Lhasa scored seven in ten games, Varane and Sakho have been fantastic ,Capoue has put in some massive games ol late and Sissoko has been improving. Menez has impressed when called upon also.

Unfortunately Giroud is out for six weeks,will be a big loss.

Have just been given an extra 40 million,will go after Cabaye and another striker, still have Lavezzi ,Moura and Sirigu to move on

Due to Giroud injury,Maupay was promoted to the bench and came on to score an 85 min winner against St Etienne

Well here's whats going on in my game at the moment, things at Madrid are escalating and i'm hoping Varane is the next to want to jump ship...

madridno.jpg

Things have started out quite well coming towards December, the squad as a whole is playing well with these two playing above the rest just now.

peahl.jpg

bernards.jpg

Of course when everything seems to be going well thats when the worst can and usually does happen...

zouma.jpg

AyrshireBlue, i hope you do give it a go again, the more active players the better the thread. One tip for Aubameyang is to put a couple of bids in(which will be rejected) and praise him in the press, he handed in a transfer request and i picked him up for £15m.

Hoarau, after reading about your double deal, I went back to Madrid yet again on Benzema. This time I agreed a much-reduced fee of £54 million but once more talks were halted when I refused to pay him £250k p/w and in excess of £11 million for a loyalty bonus. The agent still 'hates' me and also wanted a further £8.5 million from the deal. I don't need him that much and it goes against my ethics. I think you really got lucky with that turmoil in Madrid, and if you can also add Varane, the loss of Zouma will be much less significant.

Painter, bad luck on Giroud. I suffered the same fate in pre-season 2012 and lost him for 3 months before his debut, but at least it already proved exactly how good Maupay can be even at that young age. That's good progress in the league and hopefully you can keep ahead of the pack.

AyrshireBlue, sorry to hear about the crash but good luck with the second save (and with Aubameyang).

I've just reached April 2015 and Lille have imploded so I have finally caught them in Ligue 1. Their eight-point lead is now a two-point lead in my favour with 29 games played and nine to go. I also emerged from my European tie with Man Utd victorious. A tough 0-0 draw at our place wasn't ideal but I fancied us to get a score-draw at Old Trafford. After we missed a few early chances our prospects grew when taking an early lead with a Giroud penalty. He was soon forced off with an injury but they never threatened to overturn the deficit, and we even grabbed a stoppage time second for a most unlikely 2-0 aggregate win. A kind draw (for a change) would be most welcome.

Honestly Jogo i've no idea whats going on, i've just been offered both Pepe & Sergio Ramos who are now transfer listed...

Those demands are insane, i got lucky as he was very unhappy and transfer listed so he accepted pretty close to the contract he is on at Real.

I'm taking neither man, it's just madness. What's funny is they are in my Champions League group, I just beat them 3-0 at our patch to secure my qualification from the group! Jose is still there!

Having a real good, strong season here.

Season 4 about to begin and it may be a transitional season at PSG as i have sold some of my old guard who were the wrong side of 30

Jallet my club captain joined st.etienne for 2m

Rio Mavuba my first signing for the club joined Valencia for 8m

Thiago Silva what a rolls royce of a defender this guy has been for the club he joined Barcelona for 32.5m

Finally i let Lucas Moura leave as he was not in my first choice eleven and Barcelona came after him i let him go probably on the cheap at 22.5m

Only i signing this summer 10m to toulouse for Jallet replacement this guy who i will train to play RB

SiakaOuattara_OverviewProfile_zpsaeef95c2.png

I have a really young squad to go to war with this season these two came through the youth intake at PSG in season 1. They made their debuts last season and are part of the first team now

JosephNabab_OverviewProfile_zps2c09fd67.png

ZakariaSoltani_OverviewProfile_zpsd6491e5f.png

Here are shots of Rabiot who i have trained to be my backup LB and Maupay who is Aguero backup

AdrienRabiot_OverviewProfile_zpse5c282a5.png

NealMaupay_OverviewProfile_zpse1ebc4ba.png

Finally here is Le Beast well that is his nickname at the club he is already a french international who needs MESSI or RONALDO whith this guy

JohannLeBerre_OverviewProfile_zpsc6036028.png

Archived