FM2013 - Run on pc, play on laptop

I've been contemplating buying a new laptop for FM, as the limitations on speed and screen resolution start to annoy me after a while. I would much prefer to play on my pc which is far more powerful than any laptop, but as I use the TV as a monitor this isn't always practical when my gf want's to watch bake-off! What I would really like to do is set the game up on the pc and play on the laptop. This way I'd get the best of both worlds - The superfast processing of my pc and the ability to sit on the sofa and not hog the TV.

I've tried this before by setting up a network game on the pc as an unemployed manager, joining from my laptop and taking over a team, then sending the pc manager on holiday. All seems well but the game crashes after about a week, everytime.

Does anyone have any tips or does anyone from SI know if this will be possible on FM13?

There are a variety of Remote PC or VNC siftware around, some of which are free. You could use one of them and set the PC up as a server and laptop as client, so in effect you're controlling the PC through your laptop. I have used TightVNC a couple of years ago at work and its was OK.

You want to get log me in or join me or some other screen sharing application.

Set it up on both computers - leave FM running on the PC and log in to the shared screen via one of the above mentioned apps.

Do you know of one that streams video properly? Should have mentioned that I have tried this, but every software I tried just judders and is jerky as hell. Maybe a wired home network instead of wireless would solve this.

Am I missing something here? All this talk of Google Drives, Dropboxes, LogMeIn, TeamViewer, VNC.....

Seems like all the guy needs to do is use Remote Desktop (Microsoft's RDP client/server app that is built into Windows) to log on to his desktop from his laptop and job's a good 'un.

I use Teamviewer for this exact reason (free for personal use). My desktop is in the basement and I don't always like sitting there, and my laptop is not powerful enough to run the amount of leagues I want to play.

Depending on how fast your network is, running the 3d ME can become quite choppy though (low frame rate).

Archived