Can we have full appearances in the bio's??

We all have these little things that make us feel better and mine is on the players bio's.

Why doesnt it account for the players actual appearances for the club?

It only states the league games.

My captain has played "177" games when really the guy is a legend and has played over 300 games for the club in league, cup and europen games!

It's because SI don't have complete records for current real players, they only have complete stats for league appearances/goals, so they only show this on the history page.

I'd prefer to see it all in one place too, especially when it comes to regens/newgens because their history would only show league games unless I click on each year and add them all up. Last year I actually resorted to compiling all the stats on a spreadsheet so I could see them all at-a-glance.

As kenco says its because its almost impossible to research exactly how many games each player has played, whereas its easy enough to get league appearances through official channels. Its done for continuity.

I think this is the case for the Cup games only, as I really think is not that hard to find out how many games were played in the continental competitions.

Also, I would like to have this "inaccurate" (let's say it can be approximated) info rather than nothing...

Well whats the point in having just league and European games? If they were to expand it would have to be all appearances, and sadly its not always easy to track down how many cup games players have played.

Its been around the block before with SI and there is no point in adding inaccurate data intentionally just to add it to the game. For what its worth i would like to see all appearances in the players history, but i can see why its not there.

When I said approximated I was referring to Cup games only.

For the inaccurate data thing, maybe they can start counting all the appearances and have precise figures for "regens" only. And for the real players, you can still have all the info available with a note similar to, or even this one :D: "The total appearances figure may not take into account some Cup games".

Last year I actually resorted to compiling all the stats on a spreadsheet so I could see them all at-a-glance.

I'm so tempted to do this too haha!

Couldn't SI just complie their appearances from the start of the game. I'm not fussed about their old history, I want to see their history with my club.

I've just noticed the "best eleven" screen shows most of their appearances, still not all tho :S

I used to think it was a shame not to have full appearances, but then I changed my mind. I'm actually quite happy just to see league appearances in the player history. You only have to highlight a season to see a player's other appearances from game start, anyway. Anything before game start is, as others have said, going to be very difficult to get hold of. League appearances is fine for me. I actually think, if it included all appearances, I'd want them separating out somehow anyway.

I also note that even Wikipedia only bothers with league appearances on the right hand side of articles on footballers. Although in some cases, there is admittedly a table in the main body showing all appearances. But it's pretty inconsistent.

I would love to see full player appearance records but can't see it being implemented any time soon.

For me its an important part of the game that's missing and would be quite useful for regens if/when put into the game.

Archived