Breaking down opposition playing 4-2-3-1

Hello there!

How do you deal with opposition like Arsenal(and almost every other teams) playing this formation?

I´m playing as Liverpool atm and have bought really good player like Cavani, Doumbia Sturridge and having a REALLY tough time right now.

The problem as i see it is that the when opposition plays their FB he plays simple a pass to their AMR/L and then its goodbye.

I´m playing 4-4-2 and it looks like my wide men just are too far away from their FBs how do you guys deal with this?

The AI on the other hand pressures like hell so its got to be tactic right?

Oh and her are my setup with roles and all that

Reina

Johnson/fb.s Skrtel/stopper Agger/bdf.s Robinson/fb/s

Henderson/w.a Lucas/bwm.d Adam/playmaker.s Adam Johnson/W.A

Cavani/CF.A Doumbia/P

Thanks for response

One thing i do is try to limit the passing options of the two DCs by closing them down as well as tight marking the two MCs. Also you can try using an AMC to take advantage of the gap that exists in this formation between defence and midfield as well as a DMC to guard their AMC. So essentially i use a 4-1-2-1-2.

• 2 weeks later...

Your main issue is not the wingers,but a 451 variant will always out play a 442.

So you either adjust and match there 451 or have a different form of it, let me explain.

I am currently playing a 3-6-1 but against a 451 becomes a non attacking formation, so to counter there formation, i have come up with a narrow 4321,but then it also depends on what shouts you use as well, different circumstances bring in different shouts.

Archived