Football Manager book - send us your stories!

Did anybody get the book "early" from Amazon.co.uk despite the aparent delivery delays of up to 11 days? I'm thinking about canceling my deal. Really, I ordered this last Tuesday when my shop of choice claimed to have it "in stock", got no update whatsoever so far, got no E-Mail reply on any of my questions for this week, nothing. If anybody knows how to get one of these to Germany as quickly as possible, you're welcome. I was hoping to have something to read by this weekend - as I ordered my book on Tuesday the 7th when it was claimed to be "in stock", not an unrealistic thing to look forward to. Meh.

I ordered mine Sunday and it came yesterday (Wed) from the the book depository on AmazonUK. If you want to try them.

Very disappointed with this book!

I have finished it and now I have to get on with life, very good book (a few mistakes grammar and spelling wise) it made me reminisce about all my old saves and lots of stars that weren't mentioned in the book.

Haha, just noticed my contribution made it in the book - quite surprised as it wasn't any die hard story of divorce, pilgrimage to see my favourite FM team or anything like that :cool:

(Spotted a few typos as well, but very interesting read so far)

Got mine in Sydney today, thanks alot Neil. My story came out really well, top stuff.

The only typos and grammer mistakes I have seen have been in peoples posts, they are obviously a copy and paste as they are direct quotes from a written text but have not looked too deeply into it. Cracker of a read

Factual error: On the pic on page one hundred ninety-something, that is not Holger Badstuber next to Mats Hummels, it is Toni Kroos. Apart from that, it was really interesting to see how much management games in general and FM in particular have spread around the world of real-life football. In particular coming from Germany, where FM isn't being published anymore, has very little media exposure and an unbelievably small player base considering the popularity of the sports around the country, the widespread success of the game in all of Europe and the popularity and recognition of the brand like everywhere.

About the spelling errors and typos, I think they were left in on purpose. The same as with some fairly unremarkable fan stories - they might be down to earth, but you can relate to them - and they provide the realistic backdrop to the few truly extraordinary tales told. SPOILER: The student going to Seville only to end up being employed by the club based on FM knowledge and no Spanish skills whatsoever was insane. :-D

Got mine yesterday and started reading. Now I'm really in trouble waiting for the holidays starting next Thursday. The book was supposed to make these even more enjoyable. But the first pages got me hooked already and I really wonder if the book can last until then :-/

Archived