Alphonse Areola - France's future #1..

Anxiietyyy

335ce9f.png

Biography

Alphone Areola is an 18-year-old French/Filipino goalkeeper. Standing at 6 foot 4, he's a towering figure, and considering his age, he's probably still got a slight bit of growth left in him. He has been labelled as France and PSG's next #1 by the french media. In the 06-07 season, he played a vital role in the PSG youth team's successful league campaign. Since then, he's started to train with the first-team and is currently their 3rd choice 'Keeper

In FM12

In the game, he instantly stands out as goalkeeper with buckets of potential. As you can see, he starts of with 14 in Aerial ability and 15 in jumping. These stats are very high for an 18-year-old. As well as that, you wont be seing many 'Almunia-style' fumbles, as his 14 Handling is a good base to build from, and it quickly shoots up.

Here he is at the start of season 1:

mt9ksk.png

Now, after 2 years of intensive training and plenty of match-experience, he's turned into a quality 'keeper.

Here he is in season 3:

2a6t3ev.png

As I said earlier, his handling has quickly shot up, as well as his aerial ability, communication, concentration and Jumping. He has now become my #1 at PSG, and has kept 5 clean sheets in 5 games.

Strengths:

• High attributes in Handling, Aerial ability and communication mean that he has no problem collecting crosses and wont be making mistakes leading to goals any time soon.
  • Only 18, plenty of room to grow and improve

Weaknesses:

• Low attributes in Kicking and Throwing mean he has poor distribution.
  • Low attribute in rushing out could cause him to be lobbed occasionally.

good op.. just spell check the strengths thing and your good to go..

and a good keeper to boot... an abundence of choice this year with keepers, i like it

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. What do you think of the header? As for the abundance of keepers, I know! You've got Areola, Guilherme, That Romanian dude from Juventus and many, many more!

At the start of season 3 after helping my PSG side with the League(x2) & the Champions League in season 2 he's my undisputed No#1.

<a  href=http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2888/areola.jpg' alt='areola.jpg'>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

He could do with some work in the communication department, but overall he's coming along nicely!

Areola is a bit dodgy tbh, he is great at some things but he lacks in a few important areas.

I've always felt there's much better options for less money. (Especially when he's a hot prospect for a mega rich side.)

Fair do's, but for me he doesn't really make mistakes (or concede goals, 2 in 9) but that may be down to my tactics.

Wow, he really could do with some work. Do remember that he had be brought up and trained by the CPU through arguably his best training years.

Like I said in my previous post; no.

Got him in the first season. Played around 10-15 games each season. Even 20+ games in second season when Sceznesy was out for a while.

Only thing that I missed out on was a tutor. I sold Manonne and Almunia early on and they were the only ones old enough to tutor him. I guess he just got a low PA in my game :(

Archived