FM12: Borussia Dortmund - 'Wo Champions sind Geboren'

NorthernGooner

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intially the board had granted ~1.3m, had to inflate it to 1.55m to bring in Tevez. Tevez (145k/wk), Falcao (145k/wk) and Goetze (135k/wk) are the highest earners.

You are correct with Perisic, he did gave some execellent performances when played but yeah with his injury problems I decided to offload him. Just send him over on loan for 100% wage contibution. I have too much quality on the left wing anyways.

Planning to sell Kehl and Roman now... but I am sure they will not want to leave. How to ease them out?

@ Phoenix: Fantastic result!! and again distorting the the great SAF's words a bit:

"Football Manager, Bloody Hell!" :p

even I have got Ospina on free this season.

@ Stampler: Try "we'll be left behind the rivals..." nag. Worked every time for me ;).

Well I can't do the Treble sadly, league went down to the wire with a strong final game against Hertha 4-1 win. But Leverkusen got the win they needed against Hoffenheim and pipped us by one point.

A shame not to defend the title, but that rough patch in March killed it for us and we did well to fight back to only miss out by the single point. Hats off to "Never"kusen for battling the demon and finally winning themselves a title!

EL2HE.jpg

Intially the board had granted ~1.3m, had to inflate it to 1.55m to bring in Tevez. Tevez (145k/wk), Falcao (145k/wk) and Goetze (135k/wk) are the highest earners.

You are correct with Perisic, he did gave some execellent performances when played but yeah with his injury problems I decided to offload him. Just send him over on loan for 100% wage contibution. I have too much quality on the left wing anyways.

Planning to sell Kehl and Roman now... but I am sure they will not want to leave. How to ease them out?

You could offer Kehl a coach contract maybe, i did that in FM11 and it worked out well.

Even I promoted Hummels to VC last season and now is the time to make him Captain. Adler probably my new VC.

Subotic and Santana had been immense for me scoring on set peices. In my first season Santana netted 10+ and had pretty enviable stats for jumping (18) and heading (17). Bell is the understudy though.

That was the best offer I got for him. After he said he doesnt want to stay, I wanted to get him out and yes I also thought that its quite low, but Spartak got the best of my weak point there ;)

As for Blasczykowski - he didnt play a role anymore and I was glad to get at least something like that for him.

I hope to be able to train Bork physically well enough so that at least I can sell him later for a good price :)

Its Panathinaikos in the CL playoffs - lets see if we can qualify, lost the 1st match of the season 2-3 at Mainz :/

Hmm tough decisions.

Karim Benzema is available on a free, but with the strikers I have and the wage he'll want, it will most definitely mean the sale of Lucas Barrios. He's 30 and probably not getting another contract when his runs out in 2 years. But he was my top scorer last season and 2012/13 and it feels strange to offload him

OH. 19,5 m !? I dont have that much money (yet-Barrios could be on his way to West Ham if they offer around 20m, maybe.. he is on fire atm, scoring 6 in 7 games though.. so its a tough decision just like yours with Benzema ;) ) I got him for 5m now, he´s coming in January :)

As for the CL group: I wouldnt mind coming 3rd, so we can continue in the Europa league :)

well... from my readings on various forums Vrsajlko is a gr8 starter. one should grab him early but sad for me when I went for him, Anzhi out-bid me for his wages.

Romario and Kvekveskiri do develop into one of the best when they are around 23-24.

Ahh.. Benzema seems tempting. I would definetly go for him. And his versatality means he can be used on wings as an inside forward. His pace and acceleration would result in an awful evening for any Bundesliga fullback. What are his wage demands like?

Thanks phoenix, you being a season ahead helps me plan my future signings :D

match highest earner - I hate this clause Goetze went on from 55k to 135k as soon as I signed Falcao. Had that in mind before I signed Tevez and thus offered a new deal to Goetze, he didn't went down on 135k but agreed to remove the clause. Falcao on the other hand declined and is now on 145k with Tevez.

Anyways 100k seems good, might sell Thiago Neves as he has now started itching for more starts... had to send Golasa on loan just to keep him happy.

CL results update:

BVB-Chelsea : 0-3 (Weidenfeller in the worst match of his life)

Lille- BVB : 2-1 (Lille´s winner in the 88th minute after we lead 1-0 for most of the game)

Now its Valenica and us bottom with 0 points while Chelsea and Lille with 6 each look most likely to go through.

So bring on Valencia ! ("Expect better!")

Just scroll above.. and you'll see that I am using rigid as well. I modulate on attack vs counter in the game depending on the score an the kind of possession am enjoying. Like in my CL final against Madrid last season, I started on attack and when I was 2-1 above changed to counter to retain my lead. I frustrated them with my possession and soon after Ramos's red card went on attack again.

The last one was a jugdemental error as Real Madrid put one back in.. but what the heck, I already had a 2 goal lead and wanted to capitalize on a man's advantage.

thats exactly what i do - ridig, most of the time counter and against weaker teams/or at home i use attacking. maybe it has also something to do with the new signings taking their time to settle and the new team to gel. its just the start of the season, so lets see what happens this evening when i continue my save... :)

BTW my newly purchased 16 yo italian U19 international MC is showing fantastic displays in every U19 match up to now, average rating 8.3 - he is definately a candidate i will look to bring in in some first team matches this season (if i won´t be able to loan him out in the winter transfer window), he deserves it.

As I said above, I am currently working on the following two tactics. while 4-4-2 Diamond is a convectional tactic, 4-1-3-2 here is relatively unknown.

Lets first have a look at my team:

GKs: Adler, Ospina, Roman

FB/WBs: Schmezler, Ostrzolek, Piszczek, Kvekveskiri, Romario (joining january)

CBs: Hummels, Subotic, Stefan Bell, Miranda, Santana, Manga

DMs: De jong, Sven Bender, Kehl

DLP: Bertolacci, Ilkay Gundogan, Cigerci, Emre Can, Golasa (out on loan)

AP: Goetze, Thiago Neves, Lietner

W: Dos Santos, Andrés Guardado, Reus, Grosskreutz, Perisic (out on loan), Lenny Nangis (out on loan)

FWD: Falcao, Tevez, Sturridge, Sanogo, Mbaye Niang, Facundo (out on loan)

The Tactics:

442Diamond.jpg4132.jpg

My favorite here is the 4-4-2 Diamond and is inspired by the current Barcelona team. Playing high and quick passing. I have a few great passers in Goetze, Ilkay Gundogan and Bertolacci and would love to rule the midfield with a neat 1-2 passing between them. Hence a narrow midfield with short passing. The other formation 4-1-3-2 however is an experiment and I have created it to have some regular playing time for Dos Santos, Andrés Guardado, Reus and Grosskreutz. They have been great for my first two seasons and I don't want them to leave. I'll play a winger on one flank and an inside forward on the other.

Both tactics are quiet similar as far as Attack and Defense are considered although 4-1-3-2 is more defensive and less prone to counter attacks as my fullbacks will look to sit back more often. In the attack Sturridge plays as poacher and Tevez as DLF, playing a diamond formation both can drift towards wings to collect the ball wide given enough roaming. In 4-2-3-1 though I would prefer Tevez to come deep and fill the hole. His PPM does helps in that.

The Diamond formation will put a lot of pressure on my full backs demanding them to defend against two of the opposition players but in such situations I'll see that De Jong or Bender (playing as defensive mid) drifts towards the flank and rescue his fella fullback. Again due the limited dribbling and crossing ability on both my fullbacks I would look to pass through the middle as much as possible. This way they won't hold the ball much and are less likely to get pressed by opposite number. Also I am looking to retrain Guardado and Grosskreutz in a wingback role.

Pre-season friendlies seem to be a success till now. What do you fellas say?

Id say it´s a good idea to have such differing tactics in the way the rotating wingers can be used also, meaning to get the full use of your whole squad, enabling you not to be held off from buying every position there is. which i am with my limited tactic, i never use wingbacks for example.

so thumbs up and good luck ! :)

Holy crap! how did you managed to develop them so well? I simply love Igor and Antonio silva.

off topic: was up last night watching Real Madrid lose again to Barcelona. Man when will Mourinho understand: You cannot win anything just by playing defensive every time. The players at his disposal are all attack minded and one should let them play in the same mold.

that Silva guy is unreal!!! Congratulations on him (and for getting him that cheaply :)

November now in my save.

played Valencia 2 times now in the CL, home 2-1, away 2-2. We now got 4 points, 2 points behind Lille while Valencia got 1. So at least it looks like we can make it to the EL this season ;)

Bittencourt is beginning to shine...planned to play him a few times as a sub, but when he came in he started scoring vital goals!

Really really fortunate signing, the best of all this season. Sanogo still hasnt scored 1 goal (ok he mostly comes on as a sub), Schieber managed to score 3 at least but is demanding to play so I told him to prove this to me on the pitch but then he got injured...

Poulsen is more than a backup for Kehl, he gets a lot of playing time because Bender is somehow very injuryprone this season and proves to be a good man with his experience. Langerak wants to leave for not getting 1st team football, I told him to sell him at the end of the season, got Kuszcak for him now on a free.

Can´t wait for Romario to arrive in January for Friedrich is starting to get slow on DR and Piszcek just doesnt cut it. Koch is still too bad and I´m thinking of loading him off in January.

Now that I changed the tactics from "rigid" to "fluid" Götze is finally playing better and getting better ratings :)

We manage to create LOTS of chances but somehow dont score enough (against Augsburg it was 23-1 and we won only 1-0)

In the league were sitting 5th, 2 points behind the 3rd Leverkusen. Bayern seem unbeatable (just lost 0-3 at home to them :( )

offtopic: completely agree with you - Mourinho should have learned from least season by now I thought but he didnt... And please ban Pepe for the rest of his career!!!

seems like a rough patch man. Bender was the the key to my CL winning second season. I would suggest keeping Koch and Lietner as they are the only decent home grown players Dortmund have in their squad. You might fall short on CL places.

Changing from Rigid to Fluid might have worked for Goetze (as he is creative and skillfull) but it is not good for other players with less creativity and flair. I dont want a player like Bender to run with ball. That is I would prefer Rigid with creative freedom - more expressive / roaming - more. Or individually grant some extra creative freedom+roaming to Goetze by sliding his markers.

I should stop here.. its too much interference for me, after all its your game your tactic :p

@fyrefuze:

no, no, I appreciate your help, fyrefuze! Thanks a lot again for that :)

I´m gonna start mixing rigid/creative/fluid in friendlies during the winter break and see what suits best (if theres enough time for that, that is).

You have a good point there with the HG players , I didnt think of that (had to register only 24 players -Bittencourt had to stay out- to be able to register for I only got 3 real HG players and you need 4)

Planned to keep Leitner anyway for hes making good progress (almost at level with Bittencourt, only that Leitner plays CM and Bittencourt AMR/L in my team). Koch doesnt progress much somehow and his potential are only 2 stars anyway, but I should play him in the lesser important matches to keep him from getting unhappy I guess (he hasnt complained yet though)

@phoenixbasileus:

Congrats again! Keep us updated on their progress please :) (World cups etc.)

Archived