FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is one great goal. Such a run followed by a neat little lob is something only very few players are able to do. :thup:

Something of the Messi about it!?

In other new, just had the new intake of youth players, and once again, there's no one worth mentioning.

Something of the Messi about it!?

In other new, just had the new intake of youth players, and once again, there's no one worth mentioning.

That is indeed who I was thinking of.

Shame about the intake, hopefully mine will bring something of note as I just managed to get the board to agree to an increase in Junior Coaching, which brings that up to average and at the same level as our recruitment. This will definitely wreck our finances but should be worth it in the long term.

2978.jpg

Barakaldo 2013 Preseason Report

Club Situation

Media Prediction: 12th

Captain: Inaki Astiz

Vice Captain: Raul Iturralde

Season Ticket Holders: 3371

Finances: £58k

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £15,432 (£13,672 in use)

We have been moved to the Segunda B2, which is where most of the Basque clubs play.

Transfers

The board decided to reduce the wage budget to around £13k so I was forced to try to build a squad on a shoestring budget. As a result the squad depth is really bad and we lack a top class striker.

Key Players

Jon Ander Serantes - The main man between the sticks again.

Inaki Astiz - Got him in before the budget was cut. He is the star of our backline and we'll have to get promoted quickly to have a chance of keeping him.

Cristian Alberdi - With Iturralde moving to the back a new destroyer was needed and Alberdi should be the right man for the job.

Francisco Javier Cachorro - Our creative spark in midfield, who is unfortunately not going to last for too long anymore.

Iosu Ozcoidi - Last year's most productive player is back.

First Choice Lineup

GK Jon Ander Serantes

DR Imanol Plaza

DC Inaki Astiz

DC Raul Iturralde

DL Jon Manuel

MC Francisco Javier Cachorro

MC Cristian Alberdi

RW Daniel Suarez

LW Iosu Ozcoidi

ST Ibon Arrieta

ST Marco Sangalli

Aims For the Season

Challenge for the playoffs

Develop the young prospects

18Rabbit - nice update there. i do like the 'story' style of updates. good luck for the rest of the season.

PRDH - cracking goal! Messi-esque for sure. would love a few goals like that at Mannheim...

Romanista1994 - good luck for the new season.

PRDH what do you do with your youngsters? Do you send them on loan right away ? I usually try and train them up until they are too old for under 18's, then send them out if I can't get them a regular game with me.

I do similar.

I split them into groups. Those I buy in who are ready for the first team, those I buy in who aren't, those through the youth set up I think will make it (2.5 stars up) and those I don't.

The best of the homegrown youngsters go straight into the first team squad, this means they can be added to my proper, full time training schedules immediately, rather than spending their time on the less intense youth set ups. They are set to be available for the reserves and I play entirely young teams in the cup now plus they get games from the bench. These best of the homegrown tend not to go out on loan, I like them to develop with me so I have more control over their exposure. I also look to get senior players (not that I have many) to tutor them if it's a good fit.

The players less likely to develop, stay in the youth squad on my yth training schedules until they move up. I don't tend to recruit anyone with less than one star potential. Once they graduate to the reserves on age I have another look and those I think have a chance of being useful back ups or squad players I start to think about sending out on loan to an appropriate team, those who I don't stay and make up the numbers in the reserves until they want to move elsewhere, often at around 22 when I let them go and make their own career.

For those youngsters I poach from elsewhere it really depends. Those I'm pretty convinced will be good enough for the first team get treated the same way as the best homegrown players, while those who are more of a punt go to the reserve squad initially and then out on loan. I do this because they tend to arrive on full-time pro deals so it's not as important to have them in the first team squad for the training benefits. This isn't a surefire sign they don't have a part to play, just that they need slightly different learning materials. Mike Okoro is a prime example of this, he joined as an 18-year-old, and went out on loan almost immediately. After three seasons away he was brought back and had a pretty productive first team career.

Those players coming from Africa, South America etc where they don't arrive until 18 often go out on loan in their second season once I've had a chance to get them on the right track.

I don't know whether it's the best way, but it doesn't seem to be doing my lot any harm, and the success at all levels of the club is phenomenal. The first team have won 13 consecutive leagues, the reserves have won 11 out of the past 13 and the youth team 15 consecutive titles in their division.

Hope that rambling summary is in some way helpful!

It is indeed! Was just wondering what other people do. I'm quite similar in that anything 1.5 stars and above I recruit, quite often a 1.5 star actually turns out an able and cheap squad player. But it's tough deciding to let them out for first team football but poor facilities, or keep them, give them 4-4.5 star training, but limited game time.

romanista i was just looking through your post sorry i missed it first time round.The thing you said about developing a poweful shot, one of my forwards has got it, and I find it useful to have him lurk outside box at corners he's got a few goals that way too, just a wee tip incase you haven't tried it.

It is indeed! Was just wondering what other people do. I'm quite similar in that anything 1.5 stars and above I recruit, quite often a 1.5 star actually turns out an able and cheap squad player. But it's tough deciding to let them out for first team football but poor facilities, or keep them, give them 4-4.5 star training, but limited game time.

romanista i was just looking through your post sorry i missed it first time round.The thing you said about developing a poweful shot, one of my forwards has got it, and I find it useful to have him lurk outside box at corners he's got a few goals that way too, just a wee tip incase you haven't tried it.

The way I usually train my players to shoot is based on this excellent thread. I haven't tried that setup at corners though, I'll have to give it a go when I find another striker with such a powerful shot.

In terms of loans the player has to play and play well. He will benefit far more from thirty appearances at a lower level with worse facilities, but with a rating above seven than from playing ten matches in the league just below with an average rating of 6.3. Playing time is by far the most important factor together with personality, the level he plays at however has to be testing, but not too far above the player's ability because in both cases the player won't improve or will learn very little.

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2035/36

Finances

Key figure - £43,698,051 | Summary

I did listen to you all I promise, and I think I've got too drawn into a puritanical desire to at least break even. I'm not going to abandon it completely. I'm still going to stick to a lowish wage budget and listen to big offers for older players, but I think I'm going to start looking at *gasp* buying players if I think they're needed.

And of course, if I buy players who help me breakthrough in Europe than my finances will benefit from greater prize money anyway. It'll be interesting to see whether I stick to it!

Club News

1/ Training facilities to be upgraded over the summer.

2/ Didn't quite overhaul France, but by the end of next season, unless the Portuguese clubs all fare woefully in Europe, we will.

Transfers | 11 in + 1 loan (£6.25m) and 13 out (£34m) + 17 loans

Well, as mentioned above, I'm still going to listen to big offers for ageing players and, at 30, Sebastien Gautier counts as one of those, £30m was therefore impossible to reject and we set about replacing him, you'll find out with whom later. Other than that the exits were a combination of the usual back ups and youth players who didn't make it.

Those coming in were were planned for a while, except for Gautier's replacement and will, I think mostly, add to the squad.

League | Predicted - 2nd

Table | Graph

Pretty comfortable this year. We started in the right vein by putting four past Porto in the first game of the season. We continued in the same frame of mind putting in some imperious performances with Cardoso in particular going through periods of absolutely brutal form. We didn't manage an unbeaten season as we finally succumbed to a league defeat away at Benfica six games from home.

Slightly disappointed to see Porto get back in the Champions League, but I suppose if the big three can rotate the places among them they'll all get stronger and, as long as I stay stronger than them, that'll help the country in Europe.

In Feeder club news, I just about kept Fatima in the league, it'll be interesting to see how long they remain my feeder and if I can make them stronger for next season.

Cups

Supertaça | Winners

A good solid win over Benfica saw us lift the trophy.

Taça de Portugal | 6th Rd

The kids had a stronger season in the cups this year and we made it through a few rounds before falling to Academica.

League Cup | Semi final

The kids fell out at the penultimate stage to Benfica. They came in full strength, not surprising result.

Europe

Group Stage | Table

Pretty solid performance in the group stage, we didn't make much of a mark on Bayern, but we made it through the group without too much worry, despite a slightly edgy final day.

First Knockout Rd | 1st Leg | 2nd Leg

A brute of a draw saw us face Man Utd in the first round of the knockout section. We didn't embarrass ourselves and got a 2-2 draw in Angra. Off we went to Manchester needing a win or a goalfest draw and we couldn't quite manage it. We took the lead, but let it slip and fell out at this hurdle. A pity, but we'll try again next year.

Frustratingly this was the second year in a row that a Portuguese team got to the final and again it wasn't me. This time Benfica got there before losing 1-0 to Barcelona. Surely my time will come soon, right? Please tell me I'm right!

Squad | Overview

It felt like this season marked something of a changing of the guard with younger players making the step up and a few of our faithful servants seeing reduced playing time and potentially the end of their careers approaching.

Same tagging process as last year - bold - 1st choice, italics - exciting prospect, * from my youth set up.

'Keepers

*Nelson Martins* - 7 apps, 12 conc, 1 cln - Decent back up and part of the cup squad, it's probably all he will achieve here, but as long as he's happy, I'm happy for him to carry out that role.

*Ricardo Dias* - 40 apps, 31 conc, 17 cln - A cracking young keeper and could be our number one for years to come. Conceded a few more goals this year, but I think that might be down to the defence, an area which might see some investment over the summer.

Defenders | Slightly bloated area of the squad this season. It's the area of the team I least happy with and could actually require some investment.

Pitoco - 36 apps, 1 gl, 7 asts, 2 MoMs - Solid, dependable, reliable - all words that could be used to describe the right back. Whether he changes a game is another matter and whether that's necessary from the position is yet another.

Silvio Nicastro - 41 apps, 1 ast - Pretty good season for the Italian without having much direct impact on the opponents' goal. He's one who is part of the future planning.

Juan Ignacio Cortez - 0(15) apps, 1 ast - Solidly sitting on the bench as an able deputy across the back. I was perhaps hoping for more than that from him, but he's still only young and will perhaps have a part to play as I rebuild the defence for next season.

*Rui Lopes* - 13(9) apps - His role continues to grow and he was part of a slightly unstable central defensive partnership. Is he good enough to be first choice? I'm not sure, he'll have to perform better next season, I'm slightly concerned about his physical attributes.

Abdulrahman Mesbeh Mahmoud - 27 apps, 1 gl, 1 ast - Bought as Gautier's replacement. He appears to have the attributes, and hopefully once he adapts to his surroundings he will improve, he is still young.

Raúl Etxebarria - 4(1) apps - A player I brought in on loan this season with the aim of seeing if he could be a long-term successor for an ageing Descazals. He didn't really get a chance to show his skills, but I think there's something there, depending on how much Athletic want for him, I might bring him in.

*João Paulo* - 13(12) apps, 2 gls, 1 ast, 2 MoMs - Something of a breakthrough season for the young defender. He spent some time under the wing of Descazals and came on leaps and bounds. Towards the end of the season he emerged as a genuine challenger for a first team place. Excellent news. He has also received a call-up to the Portugal squad.

Christian Costin - 4(1) apps - Not much chance to impress this season. Maybe next year.

Meraneh Descazals - 33(1) apps, 2 gls, 1 MoM - I think this might season might be his last as automatic first choice. He's still a quality player, but he just seemed a little less reliable this season than he has been in the past.

Stipe Pesic - 8 apps - Unfortunate. Just as he was starting to find his feet in the first team he broke his leg. Will hopefully come back stronger next season.

Christian Minniti - 6 apps, 1 ast - Not doing well at dislodging Nicastro. He's a decent back up though.

Giannakis Louka - 3(1) apps, 1 gl, 1 ast - Brought in at the beginning of the season with an obvious flaw for a defender - he couldn't tackle - after an intensive training schedule in that discipline he's beginning to look ready for the first team.

Midfielders

*Miguel Teixeira* - 12(15) apps, 1 gl, 1 ast - Excellent back up in central midfield. Doesn't often let the team down. He's received a surprise Portugal call up.

Daniel Mordenti - 5(1) apps, 1 ast - Developing nicely, especially for a fee of £500. Has a fight to get to the first team. Might end up at Fatima next season to get some proper game time.

Betu Tshimpi - 27(1) apps, 2 gls, 3 asts, 1 MoM - I'd had my eye on this lad for a while, in fact I almost splashed £5m on him when he was 17. Imagine my surprise when a news item popped up that PSG had let him leave on a free. He replaced Scaricamazza in the midfield and was, if anything, an improvement. Very happy with him.

Hacene Bentalaa - 32(1) apps, 10 gls, 14 asts, 5 MoMs - Great season for the Algerian winger. He's rapidly turning into one of the stars of the team, not bad for an outlay of less than £1m. He's also attracting admiring glances from abroad. They won't get him if I've got any say in the matter!

Stefan Fink - 28 apps, 8 gls, 10 asts, 2 MoMs - He had some injury troubles again this year, and though that didn't bother the team much, it should worry Fink as a potential replacement has emerged from the pack.

Antonin Zak - 1(4) apps - This will be his last season for the winger. He's not progressed as I wished and his contract is up. He's been decent back up when required, but no more than that.

Bernardo Hoyos - 6(2) apps, 1 gl, 3 asts - Not a huge number of chances, but did a job when required.

*Paulo Jorge Vieira* - 31 apps, 9 gls, 15 asts, 2 MoMs - He didn't miss Scaricamazza as he set about creating a great relationship with Tshimpu in the centre of the park. Bags of assists, a nice number of goals, what more can you want from the lad.

*Jorge Mendes* - 6(2) apps, 4 asts - Another who has probably peaked, not sure where to go with him from now. Maybe a loan spell as a final chance to kick on.

*Álvaro Pinto* - 5(16) apps, 3 asts - Continues in his role as a useful squad player. He does impress on the pitch and got a Portugal cap this year. Another youth team player is after his place though.

*Sérgio Rodrigues* - 14(10) apps, 3 gls, 4 asts, 2 MoMs - The man hot on the tail of Pinto, and probably all set to overtake him next season. He's progressing well, making his weaknesses less obvious. I have a feeling he's a future first teamer.

Lasse Tuominen - 15(7) apps, 5 gls, 8 asts, 3 MoMs - The man to profit from Fink's injuries. He came into the team and did very well. He was dangerous on the ball and chipped in with assists and goals, including the wonder goal up above. Definitely one to watch next time out.

Forwards

Alan Neira - 13(2) apps, 7 gls, 4 asts, 1 MoM - One of the established players to see his place in the side stolen this year. He still played well when called upon, it was the form of the youngsters rather than any fault of his own that saw him sidelined. Could be the beginning of the end.

Mihajlo Djokovic - 35(1) apps, 21 gls, 16 asts, 5 MoMs - The man to steal Neira's place. He ended last season well and when he came into the squad this time round he excelled again. he scored bags of goals, laid on another load and generally linked up well with the rest of the team. Neira will have to go some to get his place back.

Edemilson Mendès - 10(7) apps, 7 gls, 3 asts - He's been falling from favour ever since Cardoso's emergence and he was never going to be happy with that. He's taken it remarkably well so far, probably because of his high wages, but with the end of his contract approaching and him wanting a big pay rise to stay I decided it was time to let him go. It's definitely with regret, he's a cracking player and his goalscoring record of 150 goals in 204 league games has been a huge part of our success. Hopefully he finds somewhere where he can continue that form.

*Pedro Cardoso* - 25 apps, 27 gls, 5 asts, 7 MoMs - Another great season for the young man. It was, unfortunately cut short by injury meaning he only played just over half of the league games this season, but still managed to score 25 goals, including a run of 4 games just before his injuries happened when he scored an incredible 11 goals. It bodes well for him next year providing he recovers from the injury.

*Abakar Tigabe* - 11(15) apps, 14 gls, 3 asts, 2 MoMs - Another of the young lads to have a bit of a breakthrough. He's been around the squad for a few years now, but with Mendès off, I decided to blood him more than normal during Cardoso's injury and he played well. Got goals, linked with the rest of the team. He's not going to be first choice yet, but he's adequate back up.

Aims For This Season Were...

1/ Champions' league progress. - No

2/ Try to build for a future without Descazals. - No, well, I'm not convinced, but maybe

Aims For Next Season Are...

1/ Thin out some of the excess players.

2/ Sort out central defence, either decide on a stable pair from what's already at the club, or invest in some new players.

3/ Champions League progress - please!

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7202432&viewfull=1#post7202432"]2012/13[/url]		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7220339&viewfull=1#post7220339"]2013/14[/url]		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7239921&viewfull=1#post7239921"]2014/15[/url]		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7249179&viewfull=1#post7249179"]2015/16[/url]		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7271085&viewfull=1#post7271085"]2016/17[/url]		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7285735&viewfull=1#post7285735"]2017/18[/url]		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7337490&viewfull=1#post7337490"]2018/19[/url]		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7357975&viewfull=1#post7357975"]2019/20[/url]		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7384317&viewfull=1#post7384317"]2020/21[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7414146&viewfull=1#post7414146"]2021/22[/url]		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7430561&viewfull=1#post7430561"]2022/23[/url]		Premier League		1st			Champions!
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7467274&viewfull=1#post7467274"]2023/24[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7480108&viewfull=1#post7480108"]2024/25[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7531647&viewfull=1#post7531647"]2025/26[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7544658&viewfull=1#post7544658"]2026/27[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7553099&viewfull=1#post7553099"]2027/28[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7614242&viewfull=1#post7614242"]2028/29[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7628197&viewfull=1#post7628197"]2029/30[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7639411&viewfull=1#post7639411"]2030/31[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7652794&viewfull=1#post7652794"]2031/32[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7665898&viewfull=1#post7665898"]2032/33[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters and domestic quadruple
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7703596&viewfull=1#post7703596"]2033/34[/url]		Premier League		1st 			CL 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7719374&viewfull=1#post7719374"]3034/35[/url]		Premier League		1st			CL Quarters
2035/36		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round

Portugal continue to be comically poor in international tournaments. Hosting Euro '36, Ricardo Fernandes (the same man who led the club to three defeats in their World Cup '34 group against USA, Peru and Serbia) again blundered through the group losing the opening game 4-3 to Ireland, the second 2-1 to Italy before drawing 1-1 with Sweden in the final game to again finish bottom of the group. Currently 34th in the rankings, and surely to fall even further, can Fernandes keep his job again?

Edit - Well, this is a frustrating summer. After deciding to hold elections I am currently unable to sign players due to the take-over transfer embargo. This, coupled with the selling of Nicastro from under me, means my plans to rebuild my defence are on hold until the board sort themselves out.

PRDH has descazals retired from international football? I would have thought a player of that quality would have way more caps for a rubbish nation like Djibouti (sp?) than 55? Mahmoud looks an absolute beast. You really don't have the luck with the Champions league do you?

Unlucky in the CL again PRDH. Joao Paulo looks like the ideal replacement for Descazals tbh, your youth are just incredible. Perhaps a challenge after completion could be building a full team of Azorean youngsters and challenge for the Champions League with them.

aldojags - Yeah, Descazals lack of international football baffled me. He didn't get his first call up until he was 21 and he retired six years ago as a 30-year-old. I'm not complaining, it's probably what's kept him going for so long domestically. Mahmoud is massive, I was slightly disappointed with him if I'm honest, he was especially found out in the Champions League when he only averaged a 6.6 rating. He's definitely not automatic first choice next season. Surely my CL luck will have to change soon. I hope

Romanista - Cheers. Yeah, I like João Paulo a lot, he came on leaps and bounds last season and I'm considering throwing him in at the deep end next season. Definitely tempted to attempt an all youth squad when (if) I complete.

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Pre-season update

Breaking from habit and writing a quick pre-season update because, possible against my better judgement, I've gone TRANSFER CRAZY (well, sort of).

I've cut lose, smashed open the piggy bank and gone on a spree. I'm genuinely excited and intrigued about the upcoming season. Some big, established names have gone and we've got some widespread changes.

The summer started with elections, not great timing as it meant I had to wait until the middle of July to start making offers for players. This was made tougher because of the fact the players were still leaving. Left back Silvio Nicastro's minimum fee release clause was met by Real Madrid and he leaves for £26m leaving a hole in the squad there. Later in the window he was joined on the plane back to mainland Europe by Alan Neira, who went to Juventus, and Pitoco, who has gone to Benfica. This, coupled with the departure of Mendes at the end of his contract, meant the end of some successful and long careers at the club.

The replacements started rolling in though. First, and this wasn't a pricey one, Enol arrived on loan for the season from Villarreal. He is an exciting looking young striker who can play in the role vacated by Neira. If he impresses I will obviously be looking to get him at the club long-term. Next came a replacement for Pitoco, Cláudio a Brazilian defender who, I think, has phenomenal potential. On the same day came another South American fullback, this time a Peruvian left back, Juan Carranza arrives to hopefully replace Nicastro. He needs to work on his pace, but once that's done I think he can find a place on the left flank.

The South American flavour continued with our next signing. Jonathan Bazán, a player I've had my eye on for a while. I'm expecting him to be part of my first choice central defensive pair with, perhaps, local lad João Paulo.

The final two signings were back to my more normal style as a couple of youngsters arrived, first was Greek striker Iakovos Papadopoulos a 16-year-old with outrageous technical skills for his age. He's not ready for the first team quite yet, but he's not far off. Finally came Luis Ventura. He's another Peruvian left-sided player, a winger this time. He signed a pre-contract when he was 15 and now he's turned 18 he has joined us. He's raw but already has international experience and if he can gain a bit of pace can be an excellent addition to the squad.

The result of all this transfer manoeuvring is that it is likely that my back line will be unrecognisable from last season out. Hopefully it will click and drive me on in the Champions' League.

PRDH - another great season dented only by the CL situation... SURELY soon? i agree that the youth players through your squad are envious. i found your piece on youth development interesting as well. hopefully the takeover will go through soon and you can get the time to develop the squad further.

LLR/rlips - Cheers! I really don't know what I have to do to progress in Europe. It can't all be bad luck however much I want to think it is. The team looks good enough to me, but I might be blind to it's obvious flaws.

ES_Viry_Chatillon.jpg

Season Review - 2015/16 (4th Season)

Ligue 2

Predicted - 20th

Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Excellent first season up considering I was favourite to finish bottom, still had half a part time squad, and by far and away lowest wage bill and average attendance in the league. This coupled with playing at another stadium until March (my own was getting redeveloped to meet league rules), so all these things make my season an unexpected success. I actually think had I a couple of extra players, I may have went up, but my wage bill was too restricted, and I was in a lot of debt due to stadium redevelopment so they wouldn't increase it all season.

I put the league table combined home and away so you could see my phenomenal away record, unreal for a promoted team, totally felt better playing away from home, sort of caught teams out I think who were expecting maybe an easier game.

French Cup - 7th round

Beat at home to Stade de Reims who were pretty much the toughest team I could have drawn at that stage, bad luck and a bad perfomance.

Coupe de la Ligue - 2nd round

My 2nd string lost out to Vannes away, who got promotion from my league so no disgrace there.

Club Info

Transfers

Facilities

Got youth recruitment increased to Fairly basic! I know, mind blowing advance eh!?

Finances- managed to get ride of most of the debt due to the tv revenue. The club have increased my wage budget from 23k per week to 30k per week, and given me 825k to spend on players. I've got rid of the transfer money and put wage budget up to 45k per week, hopefully get good enough bosmans in to put in another top half season, maybe challenge for promotion who knows. Really struggling on where to spend the cash, got good players in most positions, just need that extra touch of quality. Need someone who'll get the 15-20 goals, but they will obviously cost a few quid.

Players

GK

Quentin Beunardeau continues to improve - no doubt turning full time helped this. Big clubs continue to sniff around but no offers since Harve a year ago, only speculation.

Abdel Adjahouinou was again involved in Cameroon senior squad without getting a cap. Is wanting regular football, I don't want to lose him, so may rotate my 2 keepers next season, would hate to lose this guy.

Defence

Aboubacar Diallo was brought in for my youth team a year or 2 ago. Has developed quickly into a top defender with international experience, so I gave him a run toward end of season. Along with Lienard, could form my defence for years to come, exceptional talents.

Thorgan Lienard continues to develop strongly. Is it just me or does he have a bright future?

Matteo Bianchetti - solid season again, my best player in my career so far, but the emergence of Lienard and Diallo may see him feature less next season.

Jerry Affo done well for his first season at right back. Will try and get someone in to compete with him this coming season as I've no quality back up.

Sophiane Boussebaine was brought in pre-season, as I'd been ruthless and let go my left back from title winning season. Had a good first season. Brought in a croatian left back just recently to give him solid competition as he was only decent left back I had all season.

Frans Van der Zwan was brought in mid season on loan to give us extra bodies in defence as I had lots of injuries. Done well, looks to have a bright future.

Christophe Lowinsky didn't get a lot of gametime due to my many talented centre backs. But he came complaining he wanted a game, I gave him a game and he was excellent. Really given me something to think about for next season.

Mid

Christian Kouakou still has to give me a bit more. Ok in patches but not consistent enough.

Alexander NDoumbou was brought in from Marseille on a free, and done ok. Quite versatile too, can play either wing or in the middle, and didn't let me down.

Jurgen Surdal Nilsen was a bit of a disapointment given his stats, will give him another chance next season though, he has the stats just needs to give me more consistency.

Valentin Eysseric was a midfielder I got on loan from Monaco. Didn't really live up to his stats, thought he'd be a stand out for me. He's out of contract shortly, think of signing him, will depend on who else is available and how much he wants.

Dominique Abiodoun wasn't automatic choice this season, but still solid enough when called upon.

Claude Roland Videgla had decent season just playing defensive playmaker, keeping it simple.

Dom Abiola was my player of the season, he's got the makings of a top player. Vital I hold onto him.

Forwards

Dramane Koffi had a good season, so quick and gets in great positions, but doesn't get enough goals, but still got high hopes for him. He's making noises about wanting to go to bigger club but I convinced him to stay for now.

Aleksander Pesic I thought would be my main man, but spent all season moaning about being homesick and didn't really fulfil his promise, will try and offload in the summer.

Gianmarco Zigoni done ok when called upon - played as a target man. Don't think he'll feature much next season if I can get the strikers I'm after.

Rick Ten Voorde - deal is up in summer, he wants too much to stay on for a bit part player who coudln't hold down first team place all season. I like the look of him and would like to keep him, but I'm going to be ruthless and play hardball, if I lose him so be it there'll be plenty of players come pre-season looking for a club.

Mondor Kessou - did ok but I'll be looking for more next season. Coaches all still fancy him as having 4.5 star potential so I'll persist for another season.

Objectives - survive. Easily achieved, came close-ish to promotion, but just fell short by a few points. But an excellent first season, plenty of positives.

Season     Division        Pos    Domestic Cup                European Competitions         Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7705369&viewfull=1#post7705369"]2012/13[/url]     National       4th    French Cup 8th round        N/A                    Survived Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7713320&viewfull=1#post7713320"]2013/14[/url]     National       8th    French Cup 7th round        N/A                              N/A
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7722456&viewfull=1#post7722456"]2014/15[/url]     National       1st    French Cup 8th round        N/A                          Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279094-FM12-Big-Euro-Nation-Small-Club-to-Big-Club-Challenge?p=7734045&viewfull=1#post7734045"]2015/16[/url]     Ligue 2         6th   FC 7th Round. LC 2nd round   N/A                         Survived

thanks Romanista, was an odd one to be disappointed at finishing 6th. I really thought I'd struggle. But in the end my home form killed me. My away form was unbelievable, but home form was poor by comparison. But I was playing at someone elses stadium all year so technically every game was an away game!

Phew just about caught up on the thread! Been away for a week so haven't played much. We are into the 1st knockout round of the CL - paired with Liverpool...

PRDH - a message of support, you will get there! Amazed at how tough the breaks have been for you in Europe. Still, this season has a good feel to it.

To the new joiners, good luck. Everyone else, well played :D

Romanista - They think he's a two star player at the moment, with the potential to become a four star player. I honestly don't think he's going to become world class, but I needed a body after Nicastro went.

aldojags - That's a cracking first season in Ligue 2 - congratulations! Do you think you can get promotion next season?

iacovone - Cheers! I'm determined. Got six months or so until FM13 comes out I suppose! I might win the 2057 Champions League. Pedro Cardoso and Paulo Jorge Vieira cheering on from sidelines after retirement!

PRDH I think I could, but I don't want to jinx it! The teams coming down are obviously strong, but if I can improve my home form and maintain away form ( a big if I know) then I could definitely challenge. I need a good start, I don't know about you but I've never been like Man United in FM, coming strong end of season. I need to lead from the front and I can usually hang in the pack, but when I'm chasing a leader I often struggle under the pressure!

edited to congratulate iacovone on the Balon D'Or! Schultz never won it? How is that guy you spent 30 million on doing?

Do you guys give individual team talks to subs? What about the defence midfield strikers? Or do you just do one big team talk?

aldojags - I think my continued choking in Europe says something about my teams' (this one in particular) attitude to pressure! I tend to have a lull mid-season n the league of anything. I tend to give one big team talk at all times, occasionally saying something to individual players if they've not liked what I've said overall.

iacovone - I'll probably be corrected here, but I think that might be the first in the entire thread. Even if it's not, congratulations, he's a quality player!

In other news, it's very early in the season but I just had a quick check of the coefficients, as it stands Portugal would go third next season, ahead of France and Italy and that would mean an additional CL spot! That could be massive!

PRDH I've meant to ask why the focus on the co-efficients? have you always been interested? I don't tend to look at it, mainly because I don't understand it! But if you win the league surely it doesn't matter to you?

I suppose the higher rep your league, the easier to attract players is that the reason your interested?

PRDH I've meant to ask why the focus on the co-efficients? have you always been interested? I don't tend to look at it, mainly because I don't understand it! But if you win the league surely it doesn't matter to you?

I suppose the higher rep your league, the easier to attract players is that the reason your interested?

I don't really know. It's just nice seeing the league get bigger, it seems to increase the amount of TV money you get from the Champions League too. I think basically though it's something to obsess about because I'm not making any real progress towards completion and haven't for the past 12 seasons or something!

hahaha don't stress yourself about completion your game is incredible you've got a fantastic team and ridiculous amount of silverware, it will happen!

What was your attendance roughly when you started challenge, and what is it now? just out of interest? I think away fans out number my home fans like 3 to 1 every game! I have 300 season tickets, and each crowd is 2500 or somethin, I must be outnumbered.

aldojags - I hope so! Hang on, I'll just have a look back at attendance records. Right. Average attendance in my first season was 427 and this season so far is 43,954 - you could say the club has grown a bit since I took over!

Youth player update - Rodrigues and Teixeira and just received their first Portugal caps. I must say, the Portugal manager is awful, but he does like capping my youngsters!

Des Tiny's AD Parla

parla.png

Mid-Season 2020/21

Liga Adelante

February 1st Update

LIGA Adelante

Well my aim after a relegation is always to bounce straight back and this season was no different, my team may have been disappointing in the Liga BBVA, but I knew we could kick it at this level. We made a couple of changes in the offseason, replacing our keeper, our striker, as well as our right back and a whole bunch of cover players were brought in as well. Those three changes made the core of our team very strong and even though we lost the first game of the season to Gimnastic, we have only lost two further games since then to lead the league by 9pts. With three players already having scored 10 goals, Montiquin (15), Krasic (16) & Ruiz (13), Arregi has 9, and only having allowed 21 goals in the season we look very solid.

My Stars of the Half: Def: Norberto Ruiz (DC), Mid: Ales Mitrovic (MC), Fwd: Radisa Krasic (AMR)

Good Results: vs Cartegena 5:1, at Aletico "B" 1:6

Bad Results: vs Gimnastic 1:2, at Hercules 1:3

The Table

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Parla        |       | 22    | 16    | 3     | 3     | 69    | 19    | +50   | 51    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Cartagena    |       | 22    | 13    | 3     | 6     | 49    | 32    | +17   | 42    | 
| 3rd   |       | Gimnàstic    |       | 22    | 12    | 5     | 5     | 34    | 22    | +12   | 41    | 
| 4th   |       | Racing       |       | 22    | 11    | 5     | 6     | 32    | 20    | +12   | 38    | 
| 5th   |       | Guadalajara  |       | 22    | 10    | 7     | 5     | 38    | 27    | +11   | 37    | 
| 6th   |       | Mallorca     |       | 22    | 11    | 4     | 7     | 42    | 31    | +11   | 37    | 
| 7th   |       | Atlético"B"  |       | 22    | 11    | 4     | 7     | 33    | 37    | -4    | 37    | 
| 8th   |       | Elche        |       | 22    | 11    | 3     | 8     | 31    | 24    | +7    | 36    | 

Spanish Cup

Well we were entered into the cup in the second round and pummeled Xerez 5:0, but in the third round a much tougher match saw us go down 2:1 to Mallorca, I just am not sure that my team is very good in a knockout format as we did go on to beat them 7:0 in the league.

Fixtures

The Transfers

Since September 1st

In Brief

In: 3 Players (€3M)

Out: 1 Players (€375k)

Loans: 1 Player (€325k)

Wages Total: €79,808 (p/w)

Wage Budget: €108,276 (p/w)

Remaining Transfers: €933k

New Signings

First Team

[/color]|---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|| Player              | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
|---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/JensPedersenOverview_Attributes.png"]Jens Pedersen[/url]       |    DR    | Free  | More cover at the back, future star.            |
| [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/AlmedinKapetanovicOverview_Attributes-1.png"]Almedin Kapetanovic[/url] |    ST    | Free  | A young striker for the future.                 |
| [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/MauricioFerrariOverview_Attributes-1.png"]Mauricio Ferrari[/url]    |   AMR    |  €3M  | Foreign, Krasic replacement, from July.         |
|---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|[color=#000000]

Ferrari is already pissed at me, he wants first team football and I can't give it to him as I already have two foreigners in my squad in Re & Montiquin.

Future Transfers

[/color]|--------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|| Player             | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
|--------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/BesikGabeliaOverview_Attributes-2.png"]Besik Gabelia[/url]      |    AMR   | €140k | Young cover for Right midfield.                 |
| [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/AaronGarnerOverview_Attributes.png"]Aaron Garner[/url]       |    DRC   |  Free | The right back from Liverpool could star.       |
| [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/ThabangRadebeOverview_Attributes-1.png"]Thabang Radebe[/url]     |  AMR/ST  |  €60k | Another young striker, is he good enough?       |
| [url="http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/jononewton/VyacheslavYershovOverview_Attributes.png"]Vyacheslav Yershov[/url] |    AMR   |  €2M  | Future Superstar, lots of right wings.          |
|--------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|[color=#000000]

Transfers Out

First Team

[/color]|---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|| Player              | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
|---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| Claudui Balaci      |    DC    | €375k | One DC too many.                                |
|---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|[color=#000000]

Players out on Loan

|----------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|| Player               | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
|----------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
| Willian              |    DC    | €325k | Cortiba may buy him at end of the season.       |
|----------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|

Other News

Well of course our league position and the way I have been leading the team has led to a lot of teams deciding they want me to manage their team, from the BBVA: Almeria & from Liga Adelante: Hercules & Levante. The board have also advised that youth facilities will be upgraded, but the work is going to take an entire season and be finished in Nov next year. Then in November we lost Bumbera to a broken leg, the expected recovery time of 5-6 months meant he was most likely going to miss the entire season, I had to hope that Tayfun Sen would step up.

The other dilemma I am coming to terms with now is a large number of possibilities upfront in both the AMR position and as a striker, Attacking Midfield is quite strong as well.

ST: Montiquin, Wilcox, Kapetanovic, Radebe

AMR: Krasic, Ferrari, Gabelia, Yershov

AMC: Arregi, Jones, Wilcox

Its the sort of dilemma that is good for the side, so will deal with it when it comes in July for now I am delighted to be winning the league and will continue to push the team to victory.

Looks like you're well on your way back to the promised land there LLR - good job.

The first hurdle of the European season has been cleared. I've qualified from my group, in 1st place too. So that'll mean I avoid some of the trickier teams and get a nice easy team from second then. Erm, no. This season Bayern, Inter, Barcelona, Real Madrid and AC Milan have contrived to not win their groups. Bloody typical. Fingers crossed for Celtic!

Well done LLR so far so good.

PRDH that is rough!

I just knocked RC Lens out League Cup, first time I've ever played a Ligue 1 side competitively, played them off the park, superb! Currently top of league after 5 games...long way to go.

2978.jpg

Barakaldo End of Season Report 2013/14

Brief Roundup

Media Prediction: 12th

Actual Position: 2nd

Topscorer: Marco Sangalli (16)

Most Assists: Daniel Suarez (17)

Best Rating: Marco Sangalli (7.26)

Club Value: £1.2M

Finances: £401,142 - Only this high because the board injected £450k this month.

Wage Budget: £15,768 (£13,237 in use)

Transfer Budget: £0

Transfers

Gorka joined when the registration window opened again in December.

Segunda B3

Table|Graph

We blew the 10 point lead we held at the halfway stage to finish second behind Bilbao Athletic. The season was plagued by injuries with 6/7 players being simultaneously injured for large parts and key players as well as their backups succumbing to injury. Even though we comfortably qualified for the playoffs the season was a bit disappointing.

Playoffs

Fixtures

We were drawn against At. Baleares. For the first match I was serving a touchline ban and the scoreline accurately reflects the ability of my assistant. In the second match we managed to recover from being 2-0 down, but it was far too late to reverse the score from the first leg.

Copa del Rey

Run

A win in extra time against Cacereno, before being trounced away at Badalona.

Squad

Goalkeepers

Jon Ander Serantes - Played in all of our matches and conceded a lot more than last season.

Defenders

Imanol Plaza - Initially signed to be the first choice rightback he was relegated to being a backup after Zaldua was loaned in.

Joseba Zaldua - Came back on loan and had another excellent season.

Inigo Sarasola - Backup leftback who spent most of the season moaning for a lack of games.

Jon Manuel - Did well most of the time but had some very costly lapses in concentration.

Gorka Martinez - Not really good enough to play for a team chasing promotion, but he had to when injuries struck.

Inaki Astiz - Got into double figures for goals from the back, however his form tailed off when he lost Iturralde as a CB partner.

Mikel Santamaria - Backup centreback, below average season.

Raul Iturralde - Did great when partnering Astiz until Daniel Suarez broke his foot and he spent four months on the sideline.

Midfielders

Eneko - Suffered from multiple injuries which hampered what could have been an excellent season.

Javier Eraso - Injured as often as Eneko and at similar times which left our midfield exposed in some games.

Gorka Larranaga - Youth product who came in the intake before I joined and was forced into the first team due to injuries before he tore his calf muscle.

Cristian - Did great on the left when Ozcoidi and Gerika both suffered torn calf muscles. Tore his hamstring after which he wasn't the same player again.

Iosu Ozcoidi - Out for five months and then again for three months, his attributes have dropped a long way and it's not certain whether he'll get back to last season's high standards ever again.

Gorka - We were in dire need for a left winger and Gorka was signed. Did decently, but never starred.

Daniel Suarez - Spent his time creating goals and injuring teammates. If his leg breaking record could be channeled against the opposition he would be much more useful.

Francisco Javier Cachorro - Was old and not really good enough anymore, especially as part of a midfield two.

Edu Santamaria - Showed glimpses of talent, but never consistently enough to stake a claim for a regular place on the teamsheet.

Forwards

Mikel Muniozguren - Was very good, though he must be chasing some kind of record for most games without scoring as the press commented on it after every match he played in since December. Injured four times during the season.

Asier Iribarren - Got into double figures for goals which was very pleasing from a youth player. Could have been much better if I hadn't made a horrible mistake in his individual training schedule.

Iosu Saiz - The surpise package of the season. He played lots of games due to injuries (I think I may be repeating myself here) and actually did really well despite his attributes not looking like much at the start of the season.

Ibon Arrieta - Spent the first half of the season on the bench moaning before had to step up when the players ahead of him were injured.

Marco Sangalli - I had sent him back to Real Sociedad last season without playing him much. This year he became topscorer despite playing only two thirds of the season before he tore his calf muscle.

Youth Intake

An excellent intake with three players (Manu, Usandizaga, Soria) having the potential to be good Liga Adelante players and six in total being signed from the youth candidates squad.

Aims for This Season

Challenge for the playoffs - Success. We were top for a good part of the season and ended the season well into the playoff zone.

Develop the young prospects - Success. Iribarren continued to come along nicely and Larranaga and Saiz also made great strides after playing for the first team.

Romanista - thats a sore one to take after leading for so long. But good experience for next season? I think Manu could well be a decent keeper in a few years? What did you do for your touch line ban! I've never been banned I don't comment on refs, but I never knew you could get banned! So what happens, you can watch the game but not change a thing? Do you get to pick the team?

PRDH I think I could, but I don't want to jinx it! The teams coming down are obviously strong, but if I can improve my home form and maintain away form ( a big if I know) then I could definitely challenge. I need a good start, I don't know about you but I've never been like Man United in FM, coming strong end of season. I need to lead from the front and I can usually hang in the pack, but when I'm chasing a leader I often struggle under the pressure!

edited to congratulate iacovone on the Balon D'Or! Schultz never won it? How is that guy you spent 30 million on doing?

Do you guys give individual team talks to subs? What about the defence midfield strikers? Or do you just do one big team talk?

Yeah Bardeles has settled well. He's scoring goals but I rotate him, Pasquali and Steve. Plus Dobrovolny the youngster still gets involved.

As for my seasons, we always start slow before chugging along and motoring to a big end of the season. It's ideal really. This year in particular we've struggled for a month or two as I've looked to change my formation. We're back on track now though and with 3 months of the season left I fully expect us to take the league title again.

Romanista - thats a sore one to take after leading for so long. But good experience for next season? I think Manu could well be a decent keeper in a few years? What did you do for your touch line ban! I've never been banned I don't comment on refs, but I never knew you could get banned! So what happens, you can watch the game but not change a thing? Do you get to pick the team?

I criticised refereeing decisions twice as I do press conferences instead of leaving my terrible assistant to meet the journalists. The first time the FA were silent, meaning I was right to be angry. They still banned me after the second time though, which meant I couldn't make any changes ingame and could only click play.

I hope Manu can forge himself a decent career at the club, I might have to start looking for a better tutor for him as Serantes only raised his Determination to 8 which is still quite low.

Yeah I've found leaving my assistant to do it is unwise, some of the stuff he comes away with is absolute nonsense it embarrasses me. Says we'll win the league whenever he's asked, which while I appreciate his optimism, I'm always more likely to play it down, don't want to pressure the players. He promises players that aren't getting a game will get a chance etc. I actually missed a trick in the summer, his deal was up I could've got rid, but he's got decent motivation/mental attributes, good tactical knowledge too, so I gave him another chance. If I ever reach the promised land of Ligue 1 he will be off, he's not got the class for the big leagues!

PRDH - Some cracking signings there. Claudio does look like a beast of a defender in the making, as does Bazan. The young Greek striker has bags of potential and Ventura looks like a highly promising creative midfielder. As you say hopefully the defence clicks and you can improve on your great success.

Aldojags - great first season in Ligue 2 there. Got to be delighted with that considering your restricted finances. Good luck for next season. In terms of team talks I tend to do one big one with a little bit of individual if players aren’t performing to give them a confidence boost. I don’t tend to do anything with subs.

Iacovone - congrats on the world player of the year! And good to see you back…

LLR - good to see you dominating Liga Adelante mate – fully expected. Good luck getting through the rest of the season and making promotion back to La Liga

Romanista1994 - seriously unlucky mate – must be gutted to have let that lead slip. Hopefully though your team can learn from it next season and make the promotion this time.

As for Mannheim, I will try and get the season review done this weekend. I am currently ploughing through the pre-season and it has been fairly eventful for the club.

rlipscombe - Hopefully last season is just a one off and we get promoted this year as we'll need a lot of money to improve the club's facilities and start producing top Basque players ourselves. I think the team I've set about building this year has the ability (it definitely has the longterm potential) to win us promotion and keep us afloat if we do go up. I've been moved back to the Segunda B3 though, so I don't really know where I stand in terms of squad ability anymore after spending last season in the B2.

I hate this game!!

Struggling to stay in promotion race, when 5 of my 1st team squad, 4 of which are guarenteed starters, including striker I signed in the summer who's been in sensational form, have all went to African Nations. My back up striker is also away on Central American nations cup duty with Costa Rica. Ok, so use the transfer window to get a few bodies in for the month to replace them. But oh no, my board decide this month of January the ideal month to sell the club, thus placing a transfer embargo over me!!!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Wait until my season review until I show my Senegalese striker his form has been the stuff of dreams. Too bad he's away for next month. just had game abandoned for snow, hopefully most my games are abandoned so he doesn't miss too much!

aldojags - You have my sympathy! So frustrating when aspects of the game seem to conspire against you. I'm being to feel that way with my game and the CL draw.

Romanista - Heartbreaking to let that lead slip. Hopefully the players will come back next season one year older and wiser and get you promoted.

I hope you're right Romanista, in fact we'll see what I can do right now. The lads are boarding their flight to Milan. AC await.

A couple of injuries and a suspension have weakened the side, but it's not too bad and I can put out an almost full strength side. The major absentees will be Bentalaa, Bazán and Vieira. Hopefully we can get a positive result and a goal or two to take back to Angra.

Kick off

4 mins - We have a corner, but it's cleared and comes to nought.

8 mins - Milan get a shot on goal but Dias turns it round the post. The corner goes out for a throw in.

15 mins - Pinto breaks up the right, crosses it to Cardoso who takes a touch and guides it past the keeper, however it comes back off the post and he can't reach the rebound.

30 mins - A corner is only half cleared and Milan attack again. A ball is knocked through and they score. That had an air of off-side about it to me. Yup, I think a mistake was made there. 1-0

33 mins - Milan go close again.

45 + 2 mins - Hoyos creates space on the edge of the area, fires it in low, but it's knocked behind for a corner. Final chance of the half for the Azorean team. But it all comes to nothing and the ref brings the first half to a close.

Half time - Milan have probably had the best of the game but Cardoso really should had scored early on, and the goal looked dodgy to me.

49 mins - Milan come out and have the first attack of the second half, looks like the rocket I fired a the squad may not have worked. The shot is saved by Dias though. He throws it out to Claudio at right back who plays it up to Pinto. He breaks up the right, gets to the byline and swings a cross into the six yard box. Hoyos arrives late and bundles it into the net and that's an away goal. 1-1

52 mins - Some lovely play inside our box from Milan ends as a powerful shot hits the post and goes wide with Dias nowhere. We survive.

55 mins - Hoyos, who's impressing in Milan, has a telling influence at the other end as he clears a header from a Milan corner off the line.

66 mins - Another Milan corner is claimed by Dias. Tricky spell this, Milan have far more of the play.

69 mins - Carranza is caught out slightly at left back as his man gets in behind him, but the shot is beaten away by Dias and the defender recovers to put the ball out for a corner. The corner is cleared.

75 mins - Milan blast the ball over when they really should have tested the keeper. Milan really exerting pressure here. Some changes need to be made.

82 mins - Again Milan make good progress up their right. Dias comes to the rescue though and Mahmoud hacks the ball clear.

84 mins - The pressure eventually told. Dias could only parry a shot back into the middle of the goal and the rebound is tucked away. 2-1

90 + 3 mins - Peep. Peep. Peeeep.

Full time - Milan had most of the play and on balance deserved their win, we got our away goal though and stand a good chance when bring them back to the island. Especially with some players due to return.

Archived