FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

AidanofLFC

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mate, i only get 350 grand :/

Well it all depends who you want to sell or loan out (+ cash). Im presuming you will want to keep the likes of lees/mccormack/snoddy, so you will have to shift a few players if you want the ones I've just mentioned.

Ok a few cheapies. Jali (170k) jaager (free) Diane (free) Paulista (free) Drahun (500k) should serve you well.

trying to get rid of mccormack! jali went to west ham, missed out on bressnan (cm) signed diane, singed jaager, cant find paulista, and drahun isnt on my game....

Offer mccormack for £2.5m but dont transfer list, then offer out on loan with them paying 100%.. Reading should then make you an offer... change that offer to £2.4M loan fee + 100k future fee... that should help ya funds :)

jesus, i have enjoyed reading these threads! some of you may remember me from 2010? 2011? im yet to do a save with leeds on 2012, and tbh im finding it hard to get motivated to do a long save at all, but hopefully staying on here and posting frequently might get me motivated.

1. on 12.2.0 who can you reccomend to sign for the first season. i like to gain a few foreigners but not like some of you guys who change 100% of the team, i find this really unrealistic.

2. who should i sell, i was going to sell pugh because in real life he is garbage! but quite a few of you on here seemed to have saved him?

so yes, who to buy? who to sell? whats best formation for us on here etc.....

look forward to your replies! MOT

Hello mate. You can see from my post above who I bought. If I was to prioritise, I'd suggest Jali, Bressan & Quintero as the most important signings. In terms of Pugh, I kept him and played him. If you do this he can be sold for good money in November.

Happy to help as always, just ask pal and welcome back.

how can i sign felipe anderson? he wants his agents fee at ridicoulous amounts? and i cant afford it, i can afford his wages and everything but he wont shift on agents fee :/

There are two ways. Either lock his agents' fee immediately when you negotiate, the agent will look for other things instead though. Or offer the agent as much as you can and bump up the loyalty bonus. This usually works. Negotiating is a bit trickier this year.

everything was at its maximum nicko! loyalty bonus was maximum and he was still having none of it! how do i lock his agents fee straight away?

There is a padlock icon next to each negotiation area - so just click on the agents fee Matty.

end of the transfer window first team looks like this... i have around 700k and im 15k under wages so if you can suggest loans then fire away...

GK lonergran

RB enar jaager

CB Tom Lees/ michael bostwick

LB adam smith

RM snoddy

CM clayton/ Pugh

LM aidy white

CF diane quintero

subs

maik taylor

becchio

vayrynan

nunez

kisnorbo

squad players

rachubka

forsell

ben parker

o dea

so any suggestions? i think im lacking in the central midfield area because i sold brown on deadline day with the hope of freeing up some funds for veratti, but the veratti deal didnt go through in time so im a bit stuffed..... good enough to go up? any ideas....

end of the transfer window first team looks like this... i have around 700k and im 15k under wages so if you can suggest loans then fire away...

GK lonergran

RB enar jaager

LB adam smith

RM snoddy

CM clayton/ Pugh

LM aidy white

CF diane quintero

subs

maik taylor

becchio

vayrynan

nunez

kisnorbo

squad players

rachubka

forsell

ben parker

o dea

so any suggestions? i think im lacking in the central midfield area because i sold brown on deadline day with the hope of freeing up some funds for veratti, but the veratti deal didnt go through in time so im a bit stuffed..... good enough to go up? any ideas....

Looks pretty decent to me, great front two though. I have A.Razak and Cordero-(from xerez) on loan have a look at them :)

GK lonergran

RB enar jaager

LB adam smith

RM snoddy

CM clayton/ Pugh

LM aidy white

CF diane quintero

subs

maik taylor

becchio

vayrynan

nunez

kisnorbo

squad players

rachubka

forsell

ben parker

o dea

definately enough to go up... and you should easily get on well enough until the window opens again...

bostwick plays extremely well in midfield too , don't worry too much about using him there.

jaagar is also extremely versatile in pinch aswell if i remember right... got the stats to play elsewhere...

as jed said... is the loan market still open? look to loan some of the prem clubs reserves.... think arsenal or united's reserves ... if not ... look abroad...

free transfer window still open?

bulk your midfield with the likes of:

fabio firmani

jonatas

daniel paulista (as jed has mentioned before)

geremi

maniche

kabous

dayvid sacconi

bruer hanssen

Hey guys so I have never had a game in the Championship before and Leeds is quite close to my home town so think im going to go with them.

So what Im asking if people could help me out with what players I should look to bring in straight away, what players are considered dead wood, what staff to get rid of and bring in?

Please help me out guys really want to get my teeth straight into the game!

if you check the very first post in this thread... its pretty comprehensive as far as the existing squad goes... and you'll also find 100's of suggestions on players to buy in this thread too.

it also depends how you wanna go about it.... you can clear out the club and build a brand new one full of quality cheap foreign talent ala Nicko Blaggo or possibly build on the squad you already have etc...

as i say.. look through the thread... plenty of suggestions...

as a start... look at the following:

drahun

bressan

jali

quintero

mat caruzzo

pillud

yaya sanogo

arthuro

jon bottinelli

paul ambrosi

augusto fernandez

daniel paulista

cardacio

ghadzev

soukouna

leandro armani

lafata

pablo mouche

bandalovski

Update on my Leeds 12.2 save. We won the Championship by a comfortable 38 points and also picked up the League Cup along the way. As predicted, Martinez (44 goals), Quintero (19 goals despite two long term injuries) and Diane (25 goals) blasted through the League.

Second season I've sold and rebuilt again. I've extinguished the transfer and wage budgets and am running at a - £370K/month on 48 month deals and am £12M in debt. However, even with the 48 month deals I'm confident I'll turn the debt around in 3-4 months and I'll sell again next year to knock down the 48 month transfer deals.

So here is the side, I wanted ter Stegen, Kurt Zouma and Mbaye Niang and I got them.

GK ter Stegen (£13M), Joris Delle (free), Zacharie Boucher (free).

DR Lorenzo Di Silvestre (£400k steal). Martin Montoya (free). Romario.

DL Diego Renan, Matias Cahais, Luca Caldirola (free).

DC Vertonghen (£5M), Zouma (£10.25M), Karim Rekik (£2.5M), Cahais, Diego Polenta (free).

DMC Fernando (£825K steal from FCP), Jali.

MC Bressan, Felipe Anderson, Drahun.

ST Jackson Martinez, Quintero, Sanogo, Niang (£6.75M), Erick Torres, Carlos Fierro (£2.2M), Maicon, Ricardo Kishna (£1.6M).

I also picked up lots of hot prospect frees (like Robbie Cotton & Zeli Ismail) to fill out the reserves.

I think we'll go well.

Edit. We start off with a 3-0 victory against Chelsea. Niang bags two.

Niang follows that up with 3 more over the two legs with Chernomorets in the Euro Cup. He's expensive but he scores goals that's for sure.

just got sack :'( wtf!!

start again? or add new manager?

Sorry about that Matty, I'd suggest that you start again and put the save down to experience. 12.2 is pretty tough I think. Your tactics and players have to be better than previously. Also the likes of Bressan/Jali/Quintero/Martinez are really important additions because of their quality and relatively cheap price.

out of them four i only managed to sign quintero! dont know how you managed to afford them all :(

£1M over 48 for Bressan & Jali, £1.2M over 48 for Martinez, £2.5-£3.3M over 48 for Quintero. But you have to sell the likes of White/Clayton/McCormack and clear out the dead wood to do it.

If you're going for a less aggressive/more realistic approach then you may have to find a top tactic to get the best from what you have or ensure that you sign the best frees like Diane (wait a week because his demands drop massively), Paulista, Jaager, Luizao.

paulista isnt on my game, im deffo going for bressan this time cos i missed out on him the first game! and maybe jali! might go for delph on loan instead of jali! ill sign quintero again, and whos martinez? is he worth it? and any tips for selling white etc....

Jackson Martinez - scored 44 Championship goals for my Leeds team and I've picked him up for £1.2M over 48 on two successive saves. Just check your player set up on loading the game. Elland and I use Coen's recommendation (page 3 of thread I think) and I add Argentinian players (likes of Sanchez/Cahais/Caruzzo are really good players) and Brazilian players (brings amazing 4-5* coaches into the game).

Offer McCormack out at £5M over 48 and you'll get about £3.2M over 48 from Wolves. If you can bare to sell Snoddy, offer him out at £7.5M over 48 and you'll get about £4M from Stoke. Similar with Lees, offer out at £5M over 48 and you'll get about £3.2M over 48 from Blackpool. They are really horrible decisions to take and depends how you want to play the game. Everybody else take what you can get, even Clayton is sometimes difficult to sell, but White usually goes to Pompey for £1.2M over 48.

bressan has choste to go to besiktas, AGAIN how do you sign all these players? and sell all the leeds players? its impossible!

First season is really hard. If clubs with a higher reputation are in for the likes of Bressan then you'll have to offer him a £500k signing on fee to guarantee that he'll sign. You don't need to do this for the likes of Cahais, Sanchez etc. But if you really want the top first season signings then you've got to put realism to one side and do it. You've got to get promoted asap because there is so much more money coming into the club whe you do.

I cover these sort of signing on fees by playing top friendlies every single day that I can in pre-season (you can usually get 5-6 in the first week of the game if you plan out who will come) I'll play kids and get thumped if the friendly raises £200k.

I offer bressan 7.5k per week, add on relegation release close, £300 goal/appearance fees + 28K team of the year and he will definatly come. He might come for less but I wouldnt risk it.

Offer snoddy for £5m streight away, you should get like £4.1m over 24/36 months or something...

Cheaper than my £500k bulging out of a brown paper envelope.

Archived