*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

Hey, first and foremost, thanks for putting the tactic up onto Mediafire, only got a chance to test it today. Looking at the success of everyone who have posted here... I thought it's time for me to share my confusion about the other side of things (i.e. the unsuccessful).

I personally don't think it's fair to judge the success of a tactic by just a few competitive games, but it sure is frustrating. Doing absolutely crap at the moment in the league and just dumped out of the league cup by almighty West Ham, but a consolation would be from the 4-0 thrashing of Real Madrid, other than that, it's looking absolutely dreadful right now. What am I doing wrong?

15qvndf.png

15x007m.png

*edit: Let me know what other information you need, my next four games are against: Birmingham, Partizan (in ECC), Everton and Blackpool. I'll post results of it and see how it goes. The tactic is fluid to the max by the way. Focusing on defensive positioning as I'm leaking way too much from set-pieces and open-play.

mate, I have absolutely no clue, why it isnt working with your side. is everything on fluid? how was the team's morale at beginning? and what I can tell you is, you definately lack pace upfront. neither chamakh, nor fabregas, arshaving or rosicky are really paces. this is quick counter attacking football, which is produces with this tactic and therefore you need at least pacy wingers and striker. also I think, its too early to come to a result. I mean everyone, who has tested this tactic, had great success with it. no matter whether with arsenal, tottenham, atletico, wrexham or everton and so on. there were teams from amateur to world class. also remembering a member posting yesterday, that he has won everything with arsenal in the first season without one single signings. youre definately doing something wrong!

who is doing your team talks and press conferences? you might have problems with man management? but the very first thing I would do, get pacy wingers and replace chamakh with van persie, even though he isnt the quickes and not really the player typ for this position. also does song or vidal have the ppm "runs forward whenever possible"? if yes, try to force them to unlearn it and let them not play until they dont posses this ppm anymore! am really sorry mate, but I cant really tell you, what the problem is, as youre the first one, who had some bad results.

Ive decided to give up my napoli save and play a team in the premier league, since the serie a is really too easy. maybe I start a save with arsenal and could help you :)

edit:what would also be helpful is, that you still stay positive. one positive result could change so much. as morale plays an important role in this years fm, dont be too harsh to your players mate!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mate, I have absolutely no clue, why it isnt working with your side. is everything on fluid? how was the team's morale at beginning? and what I can tell you is, you definately lack pace upfront. neither chamakh, nor fabregas, arshaving or rosicky are really paces. this is quick counter attacking football, which is produces with this tactic and therefore you need at least pacy wingers and striker. also I think, its too early to come to a result. I mean everyone, who has tested this tactic, had great success with it. no matter whether with arsenal, tottenham, atletico, wrexham or everton and so on. there were teams from amateur to world class. also remembering a member posting yesterday, that he has won everything with arsenal in the first season without one single signings. youre definately doing something wrong!

who is doing your team talks and press conferences? you might have problems with man management? but the very first thing I would do, get pacy wingers and replace chamakh with van persie, even though he isnt the quickes and not really the player typ for this position. also does song or vidal have the ppm "runs forward whenever possible"? if yes, try to force them to unlearn it and let them not play until they dont posses this ppm anymore! am really sorry mate, but I cant really tell you, what the problem is, as youre the first one, who had some bad results.

Ive decided to give up my napoli save and play a team in the premier league, since the serie a is really too easy. maybe I start a save with arsenal and could help you :)

edit:what would also be helpful is, that you still stay positive. one positive result could change so much. as morale plays an important role in this years fm, dont be too harsh to your players mate!

Yeah, everything is on fluid, and the team's morale at the start were all very good if I recall correctly. My transfer window just passed so it may be my man management skills that need more practice as I do all my teamtalks (since you mentioned someone won everything with Arsenal without any signings). I also concur with the fact that this tactic appeals to teams of all variety, which was why I decided to give it a try at first anyway. :p So all credits to you btw! None of them have runs forward whenever possible as their PPM.

That would help lots, I don't mind restarting my save. Anyway, thanks for getting me back into FM! This was what I needed to get me interested. :)

*edit: Anyway RVP is down with injury as expected since his a glass cup!

Yeah, everything is on fluid, and the team's morale at the start were all very good if I recall correctly. My transfer window just passed so it may be my man management skills that need more practice as I do all my teamtalks (since you mentioned someone won everything with Arsenal without any signings). I also concur with the fact that this tactic appeals to teams of all variety, which was why I decided to give it a try at first anyway. :p So all credits to you btw! None of them have runs forward whenever possible as their PPM.

That would help lots, I don't mind restarting my save. Anyway, thanks for getting me back into FM! This was what I needed to get me interested. :)

*edit: Anyway RVP is down with injury as expected since his a glass cup!

the only advise I can give you mate: stay positive and be patient! I would really like to see the results after the first 20 games. against real, your team and the tactic has shown, what it is capable of. and for those, who arent familiar with team talk, I would give you the advise, to sign a good ass manager, who has good motiviation, man management, determination, discipline and adaptibility stats. a guy called CARRAVETA is a good ass manager. let him to the team talks until you get familiar with it. team talks and press conferences are almost as important as the tactic. pls give it still a try and just look at the results at the end of the season. when its still bad, then you might try out something else. but honestly 4-5 games arent really anything.

the only advise I can give you mate: stay positive and be patient! I would really like to see the results after the first 20 games. against real, your team and the tactic has shown, what it is capable of. and for those, who arent familiar with team talk, I would give you the advise, to sign a good ass manager, who has good motiviation, man management, determination, discipline and adaptibility stats. a guy called CARRAVETA is a good ass manager. let him to the team talks until you get familiar with it. team talks and press conferences are almost as important as the tactic. pls give it still a try and just look at the results at the end of the season. when its still bad, then you might try out something else. but honestly 4-5 games arent really anything.

Yep I just beat Birmingham 3-1 at the Emirates Stadium, but that's after taking into account the fact that you pointed out players have to be pacey at the front for the counter-attacking tactic to work (simple fact but I somehow missed it ...), and it seems to work. Against Chelsea my left and right wing were slightly slower (i.e. Rosicky and Wilshere) against my wingers on the Real Madrid and Birmingham game (Arshavin and Walcott), Chamakh just netted two in the recent game though.

I will continue and post my results after this season passes. :)

*edit: Last question, where would you fit Fabregas since his much slower as compared to Wilshere/Nasri in the AMC role?

Yep I just beat Birmingham 3-1 at the Emirates Stadium, but that's after taking into account the fact that you pointed out players have to be pacey at the front for the counter-attacking tactic to work (simple fact but I somehow missed it ...), and it seems to work. Against Chelsea my left and right wing were slightly slower (i.e. Rosicky and Wilshere) against my wingers on the Real Madrid and Birmingham game (Arshavin and Walcott), Chamakh just netted two in the recent game though.

I will continue and post my results after this season passes. :)

*edit: Last question, where would you fit Fabregas since his much slower as compared to Wilshere/Nasri in the AMC role?

mate, fabregas definately belongs to the position of the AMC. his anticipation, first touch, passing, creativity, composure, decision, stamina, off the ball movement are so good, that he would be a waste anywhere else. the amc doesnt really need to be quick mate. hes the link between the midfield and attack. its important, that your wingers and striker are pacy, since they are usually the ones, who are finding the most room to run into. so it would be a waste, having a slow winger, who loses the ball in an opportunity, where he could do much more. glad to here some success. once again: give your team time, for the beginning, get a good ass manager and let him do the teamtalk until you get familiar with it and stay always positive in interviews. try to avoid, that your players react badly to your comments. as soon as youve won some games in a row, the rest will come from itself ;)

Just won League 2........back to back promotions!!!..........and TBH it was another stroll although i did concede more goals and havent scored so many either, but i made the play-offs with 10 games to play, won promotion with 6 games to play and won the divison with 5 games to play, so cant complain!

Something tells me that League One is going to be alot more difficult, i doubt there will be any money to spend, so will have to spend more hours looking for free-transfers i guess!

el_magico89.......will continue to use your brilliant tactic and see how far i can get!

Just won League 2........back to back promotions!!!..........and TBH it was another stroll although i did concede more goals and havent scored so many either, but i made the play-offs with 10 games to play, won promotion with 6 games to play and won the divison with 5 games to play, so cant complain!

Something tells me that League One is going to be alot more difficult, i doubt there will be any money to spend, so will have to spend more hours looking for free-transfers i guess!

el_magico89.......will continue to use your brilliant tactic and see how far i can get!

who's your front 4??

Wow absolutely amazing, let the tactic settled down for half a season and I'm only trailing Man Utd by 4 points now. (was trailing them for 12 points at one time). Currently won 8 of my matches in a row. I also signed Elio Carravetta to handle my team-talks and press-conferences, to great effect even though some of his teamtalks made me wary but they still worked. (i.e. for the fans etc) Around 16+ games to go, I'm in UCL round of 16 with Roma as my opponent.

*edit: I'm using Arsenal btw, and you should know that I had some doubts about this tactic in my posts above. But no longer for now!

Wow absolutely amazing, let the tactic settled down for half a season and I'm only trailing Man Utd by 4 points now. (was trailing them for 12 points at one time). Currently won 8 of my matches in a row. I also signed Elio Carravetta to handle my team-talks and press-conferences, to great effect even though some of his teamtalks made me wary but they still worked. (i.e. for the fans etc) Around 16+ games to go, I'm in UCL round of 16 with Roma as my opponent.

*edit: I'm using Arsenal btw, and you should know that I had some doubts about this tactic in my posts above. But no longer for now!

off couse, I remember mate ;)

just as I said, time, time, time and being positive to your players is the key ;)

also taking the player requirements very seriously, is very important!

even irl you cant play quick counter attacking football, when you dont have pace upfront ;)

so therefore, I would try to get rid of players like chamakh, rosicky and so on.

Started using this tactic with Rennais, I hope I can see some good results. Have will try Defour and M'Vila as 2 DM's. I know that Defour does not have that good tackling but I think he can handle it. I will post some screenshots later, waiting for those training schedules. ;)

Hamsik just confirms my predictions and imaginations of how this tactic would look like with an amc, who has good movement and world class finishing attributes :)

considering, Im using 8 players of the original squad from napoli and playing genoa away, milan away, roma away, inter and lazio at home and collecting 13 out of 15 possible points and the only draw came due to a terrible penalty goal, I think we might give the team some credit ;)

still having huge problems with players having communication problems and issues with blending in :)

hamsikn.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey el_magico. Great tactic. Just won League 1 first season with Sheff Weds. Still got 9 games to go. Not a huge huge achievment as I have a good side for this level but I have beaten 2 Premier league teams away in the FA cup. Sometimes you can just tell that a tactic will bring you success and this is one of them. Looking forward to the Championship.

Here's my first season playing this tactic. Note that two of the draws was at the beginning of the season playing another tactic....

945111.jpeg

nice mate;)

I have deleted my tottenham save, because it was getting too easy, since with a decent squad, you are just dominating the whole squad. Now am challenging in the serie a with napoli and have just beaten milan away 5-0 withouth starting with my first choice striker cavani ;=

nice mate;)

I have deleted my tottenham save, because it was getting too easy, since with a decent squad, you are just dominating the whole squad. Now am challenging in the serie a with napoli and have just beaten milan away 5-0 withouth starting with my first choice striker cavani ;=

For sure. With Cavani you would have won even more. Have a second game going where I use your tactic with Malaga. Have bought Cavani, and he's insane......=-)

Yep... So with this tactic I have finally finished my Arsenal 2010/2011 season. I'll let the pictures do the talking then I'll summarize it with key pointers from this tactic that enabled me this success.

2lbf7nn.png

2uftzpy.png

2hcdvdt.png

There we go... the prestigious treble won during my first season with Arsenal using this tactic. My signings were just Arturo Vidal (that was just amazing) and Battaglia, which I plan to offload the latter during the next transfer season as his natural fitness really let me down despite his fantastic mental stats.

I like how quick and fast your football gets with this tactic, and even at one point I was stunned by the volley of passes between players in my UCL final (IIRC, around 20+ passes being made at one point before Inter dispossessed me). Therefore, even though with a counter-attacking tactic your players are expected to attack and move the ball to the final third of the pitch in hope of scoring, the ability of this tactic to still make teams possess the ball at crucial times further justifies why I think this may be the best tactic on this forum yet for this version of the game. Keep it up! I'll keep you posted of my second season progress. :)

@xenardo: thx for the screenshots mate ;)

as I told you before, patience and man management is the key for success. I am pretty sure, with the right players, you could even get much better statistics in the next season. continue the work, I am still unbeaten with my napoli side in my 17th game :)

Can you put main attributes for each position? thanks

well, you need a sweeper keeper, who has good stats in kicking and rushing out.

your center backs need to be quick, they need to have good jumping ability and their mental stats should be good aswell.

full backs normally just need to have good defensive attributes, good pace and stamina, everything else is just a bonus.

DMCs need to be good defensively, thats the most important thing and need to have good passing and off the ball movement. the right dmc is the more creative one.

wingers need pace, pace, pace and good mental stats, since you dont want to end up him running the whole flank up and down and dont knowing what to do. also one of the wingers need to be good finishers aswell.

amc is a trequartista type player with good off the ball movement, shoul have good stamina, since hes roaming a lot and this makes someone much more tired than any other players on the pitch and he also need so be a decent finisher, as you only play with one striker upfront and cant only rely to his abilities.

the striker is a complete forward type player, but much more pacy, needs to be technically good, but the most important attributes are finishing and composure, also decision making. he shouldnt have the ppm "plays with his back to goal" as we want a striker, who makes consistently runs into channels and tries to employ gaps for the amc by dragging the opposition d-line back :)

any specific players that work really well with this tactic? :)

well mate, for the position of center backs I always prefer bassong, since he has good physical and mental attributes. hes almost in every save transfer listed and you can get him for arround 5.000.000€. full backs definately corchia for the right side and the left side is pretty difficult to find a decent one for the right price, so its up to you ;)

dmcs fellaini my most favourite player, ive never tried the other big talents, you can use defour, if youre a big team and expect the oppositon to play very defensive. also rodwell is a good prospect, mvilla and so on.

wingers bale, willian, lennon, kadlec, torje are the players ive used so far. amc, witsel is a good and cheap choice, for those with more money definately hamsik and pastore. strikers ive used so far were agüero and cavani, lukaku in his later stages when he gets developed.

so its up to you, who youre going to use mate :)

Just about to try this tactic for the first time... I read that you were due to upload a second version, is this ready yet?

never said anything like that mate.

maybe you mean the tweaked version, which Ive uploaded on the very first day, after Ive created this thread. the tweaked version is the version, which every player has tested and which I am playing. the first one doesnt exist anymore ;)

el_magico89.............I am now in League One and after 12 games i am in 5th position, still with no transfer fees paid, all free transfers.......but the one thing i have noticed, which hasnt been the case in the past 2 seasons is that i seem to be conceding late goals......2 examples........i was 2-0 on 80 mins and drew 2-2 and 1-0 in the 87th min and lost 2-1.......just wondering whether you had any idea's of what i could try.

As i have said before, i have tended to not give touchline instructions, but am now wondering whether to start?.....would appreciate your advice?

maybe you mean the tweaked version, which Ive uploaded on the very first day, after Ive created this thread. the tweaked version is the version, which every player has tested and which I am playing. the first one doesnt exist anymore ;)

Brilliant... thankyou for that! Will let you know how things go...

el_magico89.............I am now in League One and after 12 games i am in 5th position, still with no transfer fees paid, all free transfers.......but the one thing i have noticed, which hasnt been the case in the past 2 seasons is that i seem to be conceding late goals......2 examples........i was 2-0 on 80 mins and drew 2-2 and 1-0 in the 87th min and lost 2-1.......just wondering whether you had any idea's of what i could try.

As i have said before, i have tended to not give touchline instructions, but am now wondering whether to start?.....would appreciate your advice?

mate, the experiences Ive made so far tell me, that the stronger the oppositions are, the more effort your players are going to spend. for example, my fullbacks have both staminas of 14/15, they normally end up the game with a fitness status of like 74-78%, depending on their stamina attributes. when I am playing against a top side, all of my players usually have much less fitness after the game. it shows me, that the stronger the oppositions are and the better their movement, the quicker your players getting tired, unless you have some good players with good physical attributes aswell. so my advise would be, to always have a look at the current fitness status of your 1st eleven and when you have the feeling, that a guy cant really run anymore, then replace him. I always use all my 3 substitutes, most time when I am trying to defend a score, I look at my defenders and my two holding midfielders, how their fitness are, when I need a goal, I look upfront and try to bring some frish legs. as youre now playing a much stronger and higher level football and youre not favourites to win the league, I guess the opposition players are in advance in terms of physical conditions. I could show you all games of all of my three saves to show you, that Ive never given away a 2goal lead. so I dont think, that its a matter of tactic or shouts or anything else, but much more a squad problem. pls dont touch other instructions like shouts and opposition instructions. this will only outbalance and ruin the tactic.

Just looking at the wingers settings and they are set to 'Cut Inside' - is it vitally important that the right winger is left footed, and vice versa?

mate, I created this tactic, when I was playing with tottenham. I used bale and lennon as wingers and had so far my best results with them. the "cut inside" option is just to make sure, that they make runs into the opposition box, when we are in the opposition third, so that the striker doesnt get isolated. you can use both, inverted and typical wingers. I ve had success with both of them, but personall prefer to have one natural winger and one more inside forward type player, who can play through balls and score goals by cutting onto his better foot and doing a strike :)

Is this using the tweaked version?

Do you move your ST to target man list?

I said I preferred Tic Tac Magick style of play and nothing will change that but I really want european success with Hearts after a few seasons. I couldn't get past group stages of CL with Tic Tac although I love the style and it still brought me domestic success. I see you get smaller sides beating bigger sides in your screenshots so hopefully this one can do that for my Hearts side.

Do you move your ST to target man list?

this tactic is made with the new tactic creator. there isnt a list for playmakers or target men. you just click onto the tactic table, where you can set things like playing style, whether you want to play rigid, balanced fluid and so on and below them, you can chose playmaker, target man and target man supply. there you chose for target man your striker + run onto ball.

I hope, I could help you mate ;)

this tactic is made with the new tactic creator. there isnt a list for playmakers or target men. you just click onto the tactic table, where you can set things like playing style, whether you want to play rigid, balanced fluid and so on and below them, you can chose playmaker, target man and target man supply. there you chose for target man your striker + run onto ball.

I hope, I could help you mate ;)

Thanks mate. I've edited my post now too :)

Thanks mate. I've edited my post now too :)

ah, read it mate. well its up to you, if you have a decent team, which fits to this tactic, then you might get some positive results. try it out and give it time mate. everything must get fluid and your team needs time to gel. you probably wont have immediately success. so dont give up and just wait ;)

ah, read it mate. well its up to you, if you have a decent team, which fits to this tactic, then you might get some positive results. try it out and give it time mate. everything must get fluid and your team needs time to gel. you probably wont have immediately success. so dont give up and just wait ;)

Yeah, I'll give it time. I hope to see progress in 3-4 seasons.

Archived