I still cannot become an England manager............

OK, I my reputation is currently world class and I am the manager of Manchester United. In my first seasons, I won everything, including the Champions League and League Cup. My starting reputation is International Star Player.

But why is it that in my second season, i applied for the vacant England manager job, and got rejected? Must I continue to be successful in my 2nd season as well to get that job? Is anyone else facing the same problem?

Thanks!:(

i was made manager of england in my 3rd season whilst managing real madrid. I had onlt won 2 league, 2 cups and a european cup. I ended up taking england to the final and beat brazil on pens...happy days. I've just finished playing 2016 euro champs and made it to the final but lost to france 2-0. oh well can't win them all, i've decided to stay on for another crack at the world cup and then i'll retire in 2220 when we host the euro champs in england. Hopefully i'll make up for euro 96

But this was not the case in FM 2010.................

Not strictly true.... in FM2010, I have been manager of Southampton for 15 years, I've won the Premiership for 9 years out of 10 and the Champs League and my reputation is World Class - on top of this I managed England Under 21's for 3 years, guiding them to the final and semi-finals of two consecutive U21 tournaments - before taking over of the Holland national team and winning the World Cup and the European Championships (get in!) I resigned on a high and applied for the vacant manager job at England... only for them to give it to Mark bloomin' Cooper!! A man who has won nada, nothing, nil, zilch. He hadn't even managed a premier league team.

If I could spell the word I'd call that scandulous. But like Fearthainn said..... we're probably overqualified. My pet cat is overqualified for the England job at the moment!

Archived