[FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

Flamers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I get a month or so off I might have to make some more money ;)

It is what you get when you tell an accounting student to play a game based on money ;)

Thanks deadfncat :)

I will update when I can but the girlfriend is here for a week :)

Flamers

WOW, just had the greatest game I have ever seen.

I was playing KFS at home. THe first half went well, we controlled the ball and were pressuring all the time. We came out for the second half and carried on but they managed to counter attack and scored after barely seeing the ball for 60 minutes. We then went on an attacking strategy and got one back in the 71st minute, the time rolled on but it didn't look like we could get the win. Then in the 5th minute of stoppage time we got a corner, up rises Olafsson and scores his first goal for the club! It took us 3 points clear at the top of the league!

Highlights:

[video=youtube;ZlSWeIQz0Ig]

Flamers

And then for one of teams that were 6 points behind:

[video=youtube;dW5vz0QmbpY]

They scored 82nd minute and I pulled it back to 2-1, my team rocks!

9 points clear, one team has 1 game in hand but 1 more draw is enough to seal the league!

Flamers

Some nice goals in your 4-0 win. Did Crouch score the second as it was a lovely touch for that goal.

Also I think your toilets have sprung a leak as you have a strange puddle out side the one end of your maximum security compound.

We have had a bit of a problem with the local water company.. I think that some of their staff are taking too much time playing football for me :p

My top strikers have finishing of 10 and composure of 10 and they can pull off stunning shots like that but miss an open goal, it's incredible!

Flamers

Just watched the 2-1 win and either you need a new left back or that striker for Dalvik is Usain Bolts brother lol

I am gonna have to get into this uploading lark. I am starting to like the highlights

haha, I love their expressions after scoring, despite only about 50 men watching :p

good luck in playoffs!

They like to think they are popular! Thanks :)

Great read so far, good luck in the playoffs!

Thank you, I love reading your threads as well :)

Good luck in the playoffs, I love reading you careers, another great read :D

Thank you, I should have it done by the end of tonight! I might not have the write up done though, I'm a bit tired :p

Flamers

Well this stunning 2-1 comeback helped us:

[video=youtube;gLB2oxq4rYw]

League Table:

Sindri - 7 points

KFK - 4 points

Grundarfjorour - 3 points

Huginn - 1 point

That last win put us through, I knew it was mathematically possible and I proved it!

I have never been so happy to be promoted, ever!

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 2 Revue - Deild Karla B Rioill:

Finances

The finances are looking good this year! Those early friendlies have definitely helped me gain a good bank balance, with larger crowds coming as well we might be able to soon turn a profit every month!

Transfers

These are my transfers for the season. Those who left where fringe and not really up to much. I'm hoping to loan a good number of players next year in order to stay up.

Results

Here are my results. This being my first full season we did very well! During the main part of the season we had only lost twice, and only once in the league!The main league table shows that we simply walked it, no one really managed to keep up with us. However the playoffs were much harder, as you can see by the league table, we only just scarped through but I'm hoping we can stay up as I don't like the promotion system here.

Key Players

1. Beitir Olafsson. Second year, and still the top player. 9 clean sheets, 9 conceded in 15 appearances. I am surprised big clubs haven't come sniffing but I'm very happy to keep him!

2. Ingvar Danielsson. The only one of my starting and sub strikers that I actually own, 4 in 11 games with 3 assists is about as good as I can get.

3. Sindri Steinarsson. The best defender I have, currently ay Haukar but he contract is running out and hopefully I can snap him up.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers

kfklogo.png

Season 3 Preview - 2. Deild Karla:

Finances

The finances are looking good, after last years title win and massive amount of friendlies I am well into the black. With a similar number again this year I am looking to make some serious money!

Transfers

These are my transfers during the off season. Most of the loans are now from the Premier division reserves which means I am getting some good quality in, I have been hunting around for some good players as well in the transfer market but yet to find some real jems. I am signing a lot of staff currently though, a can have up to 4 coaches and 6 scouts so I might finally get some better players in!

Season Expectations

The board let me choose this season what I wanted to achieve and I choose Attempt To Avoid Relegationr. My goal is to survive, I should do that but there was no point in selecting a higher expectation as I didn't need the more wages, still with my new players I should stand a fighting chance of competing. The media don't like my chances and rate me as 100-1 outsiders strangely this is better than last season but not exactly great!

Flamers

Next match saw us travel to Trinidad and Tobago, simply we were outclassed. Credit to our defence as without them it would have easily been 4 or 5 against us.

[video=youtube;dSyT-LtMXXI]

Flamers

I was 13-2 outsiders for this match. My new striker seems to be fitting in well, scoring 6 in his first match!

[video=youtube;4S1XRfE4lMo]

The goal they scored was actually impressive though...

wow it really did go up tenfold. Maybe some friendlies against teams from your new DIV to see how they are?

what tier are you now? 2-3 ?

From £150 to £1.6k, so yes it did

Tier 3 and I'm doing my foreign friendlies for stupid money tactic ;)

Flamers

if you score six in your first match for a team, You cant be doing that badly ;)

I know, he is INCREDIBLE! I just need to change match preparation to defensive positioning I think then it should be perfect!

Flamers

Archived