Digital downloads now available (PC & Mac WSM and Fútbol Manager)

Marc, is there any answear for this, pls....I tried just in case downloading futbol manager but it said that my configuration wouldnt take it or something like that....

thanks for ur help

Hi, Iam from Argentina but living in Australia. Is there any chance of getting Futbol Manager Down Under ?.....

Another question/suggestion is that iam more keen on getting the physical CD with its box (just like in the old times).....

Will Futbol Manager be released in this format at any stage ?

Thanks....

Dorstener

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi , i got the digital download for mac and after paying and got the game working easily. I have not received a confirmation email yet and am getting worried what should I do ?

Dear Marc Duffy,

Since I haven't heard back from you via email or spoke to you on MSN for about a month, answer me this question at least here when you see it.

Is it possible for me or someone else in North America to BUY yet another version of digital download, so a friend of ours in China can download and install and play it instead?

This may be what we have to do in order to get Jpee (creator of FMM editor), the WWSM version. And a couple of us are willing to do so. We just need to know if it'll work however.

Futbol manager mac south america is still not downloading either. I bought the game, had a problem on my computer, had to download again, and the site just disappered. Nobody answers on this formum. I trust the creators of the game, but I dont know if I should trust e-sellerate, or whatever you call it. On there site there is no reference to Futbol Manager. What should I do? Cancel my credit card order? At this point,what I really want is an answer, in order to think better before taking any decision.

Regards

Obviously, as the posts above state, the Mac download is not working at all. I would like to reiterate that. I just learned about WSM 08 and want VERY much to check this out and probably purchase it (especially from all the great things I keep hearing about it). This has clearly been an issue for a few days now, so can we at least get a comment on what the situation is with the Mac download? Of course, a solution would be better, but at least a word on what's up would be nice.

I can't emphesize the statement above enough. I made a post weeks ago, and sent emails to 2 locations (the first one I sent, gave me back an auto email telling me to post on here first...which I already did). All I want to know is what is going on with the Mac download for this game. If it is not fixed, then is it even being worked on? Is it even on the radar? If we're just being ignored, then it would be cool to know so I dont waist my time waiting for this damn game. I mean, this IS a professional thing right? It seemed that all questions were being answered promptly, until this Mac download problem started happening. All of the sudden, the admin's disappeared?

Look, just tell us...please. Is it being fixed or not? I've been checking this page pretty much every day since I began looking at this game, only wanting an answer...thinking that it couldnt be more than a few hours away. Its only a few sentences. No email response...no post response...just let me know if I can look forward to downloading this game or not...

and I KNOW I can order the cd...but I would like to try it out first...and the Mac demo isnt working either...the download says "Try & Buy." I would just like that chance...

Thank You.

Yes, just wait for the header graphic to load and the graphics on the left side of the image will say: PC/MAC CD-ROM, PC DOWNLOAD and MAC DOWNLOAD. It worked like a charm for me. And when you launch it, it will come up with an application to connect you to the eSellerate store where you can purchase for US$29.95.

Don't bother with the text link near the top if you're on a Mac.

We are also going to be releasing a digital version of Football Manager 2008 at some point after 8.0.1 ships so this may suit any of you in other countries who are unable to get the game delivered.

Any news from this?

And does this mean that Fm08 digitally loadable also in countries where boxed version is available?

Hard to say seeing as SI/Sega have forgot about this thread. Maybe they're focused on the next game, patch or the PSP-version or something. I tried sending mails to both Vaughan and that guy from Sega, but neither have replied.

It's pretty amateurish that the game hasn't been made available as a digital download yet for all of Europe (and the world for that matter). This isn't exactly the third world, must I buy the bloody boxed version?

I don't want the manual, I don't want a paper or plastic box/container, I don't want a poster or a mousepad - I just want the game!

It's pretty amateurish that the game hasn't been made available as a digital download yet for all of Europe (and the world for that matter). This isn't exactly the third world, must I buy the bloody boxed version?

I don't want the manual, I don't want a paper or plastic box/container, I don't want a poster or a mousepad - I just want the game!

Around release, everything was available.

I don't know what's going on now, being a mere customer. I'm still waiting for an answer as to whether or not there's a downloadable PC version I can use a Mac reg code on.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the game from Boonty? I have the downloader installed and unlocked, but it won't connect to actually download it. Is there anyway else to download it?

Bought game yesterday, been trying to download for 24 hours now, nothing working, and i see other people having same problems with download as well. So if you are thinking of buying game via download, just stay away, at least until "if" it gets fixed.

Try going to Boonty's home page and doing a find on Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008, click on Buy this Game Now, and it should take you to another page that has "Download WWSM2008 Now". I just did it now and it seems to work without repurchasing. But I haven't figured out if this is just a demo or it's registered my copy somehow.

Originally posted by Doomed:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's pretty amateurish that the game hasn't been made available as a digital download yet for all of Europe (and the world for that matter). This isn't exactly the third world, must I buy the bloody boxed version?

Around release, everything was available.

I don't know what's going on now, being a mere customer. I'm still waiting for an answer as to whether or not there's a downloadable PC version I can use a Mac reg code on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, codes for PC work for PC, and Macs only work on Mac. I'd love a dual format download, but it's not possible, according to Matt from Sega, because of the companies who are doing the lisences.

Then again, I'd love if the Mac link worked at all, so I could at least try this game.

Guest gareth_14

I'm trying to install the game on my laptop and keep receiving a message saying "The SERIAL was not found in the database." I have checked the number numerous times and it is correct. I have the game up and running on my desktop. How do I go about getting it going on my laptop?

Tried e-mailing support@sigames.com as the error message suggested but it is always returned as undeliverable.

Grr - so I had to reformat my computer a few times over the past week due to problems - got it all sorted out now, but can't unlock WWSM. I assume I've hit the "amount of times it has been installed" mark. The Boonty webpage has a section where you can get a new code by completing a form - here is the page but of course, WWSM isn't bloody listed. I guess I have to contact their customer service(and of course, WWSM isn't listed on the form there). Anyone got any idea how long they generally take to respond? I e-mailed them twice last week due to an issue with their page, and never received a response from that either.

Archived