Coach advises Gabby Agbonlahor to stop playing with his back to the goal

The title explains a lot already. This is what a coach advises me in a meeting. However Gabby is playing quite well as a poacher for me. 1st season Fans' player of the year, and this season 14 apps, 12 goals and 4 assists. Should I listen to my coach? What's your opinion?

So are you saying that you'd rather have Agbonlahor with back too goal looking too either nod the ball on, or receiving too feet, looking too pass it on too a poacher.... Instead of having him automatically facing goal, for a target man/midfielder too feed it through into space for him?

Its quite hard for a poacher too play with his back too goal, as I don't know if you've tried but its quite hard too get too full speed while running backwards.

I don't think its as simple as looking at Agbonlahor's attributes and making a decision based on them, it depends how your team is set up. At present, does Agbonlahor play as a lone striker, as part of a two/three man line and then how do his attributes and preferred moves fit into all of that?

14 games, 12 goals, 4 assists!?!?! Sounds to me like he's doing fine and my first instinct would be to leave well alone and dismiss your coach's advice. Tbh, my own experience is that a lot of this kind of advice offered by the coaches is iffy. End of the day, you're the manager, not them, so you get to make the decisions. ;)

Yes Lord Rowell I agree with you on that one. However I did change it, but know he has his leg broken. Delfouneso is a good stand-in though. I'm even considering to keep him playing the rest of the season. Gabby ended the season with 30 goals and 8 assists from 36 games.

Archived