Schmeichels FM 2007 Update

Would you play this when its ready to download?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play this when its ready to download?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

would be nice if the players were of realistic age and club at that time, but well, i wont use it then. will make my own database for it with the todays top players getting good potential, and if necessary edit them into the game at early age like 14 or 15 (Götze for example).

How do I install this new update for Football Manager 2007??

Hi, extract it then copy/cut the 'Schmeichels FM 2007 Update' folder to your ...\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db folder and you should be able to select it then as another database when you load FM07.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, extract it then copy/cut the 'Schmeichels FM 2007 Update' folder to your ...\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db folder and you should be able to select it then as another database when you load FM07.

I was extract and copy, but it does not work for me. I can not load the database, can you explain to me the exact procedure for loading this database... Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
I was extract and copy, but it does not work for me. I can not load the database, can you explain to me the exact procedure for loading this database... Thank you!

Hi, sorry seemed to have missed your post there! :)

Firstly, you must have the latest patch for FM07 installed or this upadte will not show up when you choose your database in-game. IIRC, the last FM07 patch was version 7.0.2.

Then the procedure for installing/running the update (this is also the exact same installation method as FM06 and FM08 updates too, if anyone here wants to try them) is:

1. Download the update and use WinRar program to extract it (save it to Desktop and use 'Extract Here' is probably the simplest method, that I use myself for most update downloads initially).

2. This should put a 'Schmeichels FM 2007 Update' folder on to your Desktop/wherever you extracted the WinRar file.

3. Copy/Cut this folder and paste into your 'My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db' (it may vary for you, if you've got Windows 7 for example possibly, but it's basically the Sports Interactive folder in your Documents)

4. Load FM 2007 and start a new game and select the update from the drop-down menu of Databases.

That's pretty much it in a quick guide, though if you need any more detailed help then lemmie know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here but a blog not updated in 3 weeks and a deadlink in the main post of this thread has me fearing...

Much respect to the OP though. I started trying to make one and it relly is a labour of love.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After looking at the database there were quite a few errors so im gonna be running over things. Just completed a 100% Arsenal this morning.

OK - just finished chelsea 100%. Hopefully do alot more tommorow. Hang in there guys and ill release the update when im happy with it.

Done upto Man U now, hopefully do some more this evening..If the time lets me! Its coming together :)

Below is some pics to show the progress that has been made.

arsenal2012fm.png

As you might of seen from the images above, some of the new youngsters in the game have a 0 as their current ability. Would people be happier if i used some figures instead of leaving it to random? Let me know your thoughts.

Great to see this update back for a release soon mate! :thup::D

A 0 value gives a random CA/PA to the player, IIRC. So it'd depend on whether you and others want that random factor in, or to assign a 'rough' CA estimate, say 140+ for most decent Premiership players. :)

Thanks bud, yeah im torn between this. Its hard to judge aswell as most of the "new" players will be 14/15/16yrs old so making there ability just right is going to be hard to set. I might add a new poll and see what people think. Almost all the players who werent in the database ive created using the FM 2012 DB - as i havent got 2013 yet...

Id prefer you to assign some figures instead of leaving it to random, especially on now proven premiership players. e.g. at Aston Villa you have Albrighton, Bannan, Lichaj etc. with absolutely no hope of making the grade when in reality they are playing most games currently. Also could you assign the correct positions to the youth players who are now first teamers instead if leaving it as random?

Id prefer you to assign some figures instead of leaving it to random, especially on now proven premiership players. e.g. at Aston Villa you have Albrighton, Bannan, Lichaj etc. with absolutely no hope of making the grade when in reality they are playing most games currently. Also could you assign the correct positions to the youth players who are now first teamers instead if leaving it as random?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

You're keeping player ages as they were in FM07 aren't you mate? so the players of today will still be able to develop over seasons into being good players by the time they reach the age they are IRL. But it is a good to start them off with a base value, which of course is variable depending on the player's level of talent obviously and their age/potential for growth.

It's difficult and will probably require some trial and error testing to get the CA-to-PA and CA-to-attributes balances right as the game plays out over the years, but it is possible. :)

MorrisseyMuse - Yes mate im still keeping the ages the same as otherwise it would be all out of sync. Yeah ive gone over the teams ive been through and then added values for ones in the first team now an average of 66/75 as then this will be enough im feeling for growth.

Where i am in the update - I've just completed QPR.

Just purchased the new FM 2013 from Blockbuster @ £22...Asda was sold out.. ;( So im going to be using this as the reference database from now on. Hope everyone is well and getting excited about Xmas!

Another update - Almost finished Southampton

• 4 weeks later...