The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Belgians in Hearts Beslija claim

Beslija has been unable to win a regular place at Hearts

The Belgian club Racing Genk say Hearts offered them their record signing Mirsad Beslija back, rather than pay the balance of the money they owe them.

Genk's general manager Erik Gerites told BBC Scotland the offer was turned down a few weeks ago.

Genk plan to go to Fifa in order to get the remainder of the £750,000 transfer fee they say they are due if the money is not forthcoming from Hearts.

Beslija has made only five appearances since joining Hearts in January.

Hearts have refused to comment on the matter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope Vlad kept the receipt icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

You're a Boh/Hibee aren't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sure am. Would love to see Hibs over here playing a competitive match. As much as I hate Shels, it would be hard to cheer against an Irish team. I've seen it before when Celtic drew Irish teams in Europe, made me sick to see the Irish public coming out singing songs and cheering for Celtic like it was their Irish duty, AGAINST A PROPER IRISH TEAM FFS!

Link

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hearts set to step on European minefield

ANDREW SMITH

HEARTS new coach Alexei Mikhailichenko starts off his Tynecastle tenure with a Champions League second-round qualifier that may stir memories of what befell Gordon Strachan when Celtic met Artmedia Bratislava last summer.

The Ukrainian will be made explicitly aware by club owner Vladimir Romanov that such failure cannot happen. Murrayfield, after all, has been rented out in anticipation of a European run. But when the draw is made in Nyon on Friday, a tie as awkward as the one which proved too much for Celtic cannot be entirely discounted.

As with Strachan's side a year ago, Hearts are seeded for the second-round qualifiers, to be played on July 26-27 and the following midweek. They will therefore avoid such pedigree performers as Fenerbahce, Spartak Moscow, Dynamo Kiev and Dinamo Zagreb. More importantly though Mikhailichenko will inherit a playing core whose great match-winning strength has been developed over years playing together.

That strength would be tested by Salzburg, one of several of teams Hearts should hope to avoid. The Austrian club have been thinking big this summer, appointing Giovanni Trapattoni and Lothar Matthaus as their management team. While the Tynecastle side are relying on Romanov to fly them high in world football's premier club competition, Salzburg are looking to sponsors Red Bull to give them wings.

Czech club Mlada Boleslav are another team that might pose the Gorgie men difficulties because of the relative strength of playing standards in that country. Hailing from a town better known for its Skoda car factory, they claimed second place in only their second season following promotion to the upper tier.

If Artmedia could prove a tough nut for both halves of the Old Firm to crack then SCP Ruzomberok, the side that toppled them in the Slovakian championship, can hardly be taken lightly.

Ekranas Panerezys would be mightily intriguing opponents. They earned a place in the Champions League through preventing Romanov's hometown club Kaunas registering a sixth straight Lithuanian title success. The old order is well on its way to being restored, however. Kaunas are 14 points clear of the defending champions after 13 games of their summer season.

The names of two more possible draws for Hearts will provoke grimacing among some other Scottish football supporters. The Finnish club My-Pa 47 ended Dundee United's interest in the UEFA Cup last year. Icelanders Hafnarfjordur, meanwhile, accounted for Dunfermline in a UEFA Cup qualifier little under a year ago. The Tynecastle men are superior in every way to these vanquished Scottish sides, but Celtic's experience 12 months ago is a warning they would do well to heed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're banging on like it's a done deal. Haven't heard anything offical from the club

Round 1 (1st leg this w/e)

Dinaburg V Torshaven

Round 2 (1st leg 1/2 July)

Hibs V Winners

Round 1 (1st leg this w/e)

Vetra V Shelbourne

Round 2 (1st leg 1/2 July)

Odense V Winners

Round 3 (1st leg 16/17 July)

Vetra/Shelbourne/Odense V Dinaburg/Torshaven/Hibs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Still isn't as good as a new year derby. If anyone would be kind enough to post the hearts fixtures it would be greatly appreciated. icon14.gif

I'm unable to get onto some sites while at work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I can remember it's Dunfermline (A), Celtic (H), then someone else then Rangers at Ibrox.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> No transfer news from Hearts or Hibs guys...?

Surprised Romanov hasn't spent anything yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Riordan will be at Celtic for 150k by the end of the week.

Hibs are largely being linked with Peter Thompson from Linfield, which Riordan's fee could help with, and Chris Hackett, though he's touting a move himself. Probably a non starter.

All you fellow Jamboes ready for the rocking announcement 2moro icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Vladimir Romanov is planning major changes at Hearts in a bid to compete at European football's top table. Alexei Mikhailichenko and Oleg Kuznetsov are set to arrive at Tynecastle, but they're set to be joined by more new faces in various departments according to former Hearts director, and Romanov's close friend, Liutauras Varanavicius.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently this will all be announced 2moro icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Cant wait myself

• SI Staff

Are Hearts releasing new kits this season or keeping the same ones as last year?

All the other teams have revealed at least one new kit except Hearts. Fingers oot. icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

**** and fell apart when you looked at them the wrong way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit like our defence last season then...

Football strips must be the biggest rip off this side of the Mississippi, and look daft on everyone other than kids anyhoo. Fair enough if they're worn at games, but there's no other reason to wear them tbh. However, the shorts afb for wearing in bed. icon14.gif

I think I last wore a football top 22 years ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Nice to show your colours abroad...you should start getting used to thaticon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can just imagine you going to the fitba dressed like a Christmas tree. Headband, sweatbands, scarf, football strip, tracksuit, manager's jacket etc... icon_biggrin.gif

Nice to show your colours abroad...you should start getting used to thaticon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can just imagine you going to the fitba dressed like a Christmas tree. Headband, sweatbands, scarf, football strip, tracksuit, manager's jacket etc... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

But seriously, it's actually; cap, headband underneath, sweatbands, sunglasses, scarf (one round neck and two on the wrists just above sweatbands), home shirt with long sleeved away shirt underneath, shorts, socks pulled up (with shin pads underneath of course), manager's bench coat, football boats, sock ties like we had in the 70s, a Leeds whistle and finally Leeds earmuffs.

I try to dress low key to leave my preferred club clouded in ambiguity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

games aren't just reversed as hearts start against dunfermline who didnt even make the top 6 :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take away the after split games icon_wink.gif

I like to wear fitbaw tops. I had a trinidadian or perhaps even a tobagon filming me when I was wearing my Latapy Hibs top and kilt in Frankfurt. That was a bit weird. He didn't speak to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hearts may turn to coach Malofeev

Romanov has connections with Lithuanian club FBK Kaunas

Former Belarus national coach Eduard Malofeev is in the running for the director of football role at Hearts.

Club owner Vladimir Romanov told BBC Scotland that the 64-year-old was on the luxury yacht which Hearts are using at their training camp in Monaco.

Speaking through an interpreter, he said: "It is true he is on the yacht. We will clarify the position on 3 July. We are talking to the coaching staff."

Malofeev, formerly in charge of Dinamo Minsk, is currently with FBK Kaunas.

The veteran coach has opened up a commanding lead in the Lithuanian league, with FBK Kaunas ahead by 17 points after 16 games.

Although he was absent because of health problems at the start of the season, FBK Kaunas are unbeaten - having won 15 and drawn one of their league matches.

Romanov was heavily involved with FBK Kaunas and retains strong ties with the club that his bank continues to sponsor, along with the Edinburgh club.

Many of the new faces that have arrived at Hearts since Romanov's arrival have done so via loan deals from the Lithuanian league leaders.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_...dlothian/5122672.stm

It's just all so entertaining.

Roman to take charge for first game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hibs making early Intertoto start

Hibs will kick off their season almost a month ahead of other SPL clubs when they enter the Intertoto Cup on Sunday.

Latvian side Dinaburg will visit Easter Road for the first leg of the second round tie.

"We want to get through and get the second two games. That gives us a full pre-season fixture list," manager Tony Mowbray told the Scotsman.

"Of course, ultimately, we want to get through the four games and that will get us into the Uefa Cup."

If Hibs get past Dinaburg, they will face Irish side Shelbourne or Danish outfit OB Odense.

Meanwhile, the Edinburgh Evening News reports that two Moroccans are on trial at Easter Road.

They are listed as 21-year-old defender Abderahme Mssassi and 23-year-old midfielder Merouane Zemama.

"First impressions are that they are very talented, technical players," said Mowbray.

"I usually don't like bringing trialists in but, at the start of the year, it's maybe no bad thing to have a look at some and to have a few new faces around the training ground.

"Players come and go but every now and again you find one that is just what your football club requires. We'll have to wait and see."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/5117944.stm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More Moroccans in than Coventry after the 98 World Cup icon_eek.gif

I'm looking forward to the Dinaburg match, shall be interesting to see how Mogga is looking for us to line up next season.

Currently prob something like

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Simon Brown :(

Whittaker Jones Hogg Murhpy

Brown Stewart Thomson Glass

Killen Benji

</pre>

Boozy to come in amongst others to fit in like Sheils, Murray, Sheilds, Konde, Dalglish & importantly this season Fletcher.

Not really one to strike fear into other teams but many unknown quantaties.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

The SPL runners-up will play the winners of Shakhtyor v Siroki Brijeg, with the first game at Murrayfield.

bbc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not F*** use Murrayfield for that game, the numbers of persons going to that match could probertly fit into my back garden?

Tynecastle should be more that enough for that match, have you paid for the hole season at Murrayfield?

Hi all Hearts fans (and to the Hibs fans too, hope you enjoyed the fumbling hands of Daniel Andersson)!

My club, AIK Stockholm, will have your forward Hjalmar Thorarinsson on trial for the next couple of days. Can you give me some information about the player? Like what's stoping him from playing? Brutal competition for places, injury or him being poor?

One could also suspect that this has something to do with the rumoured transfer of Derek Boateng in the opposite direction. Same clubs, same agent for both players.

Daniel Andersson was the best keeper we've had for about a decade, that's how bad our keepers have been icon_frown.gif

He did make like 3 penalty saves in a semi final against Rangers though which made him a legend icon14.gif

Oh and i've never heard of this lad you talk about and didn't know he was at Hearts. Probably signed and forgotton.

I might have a look up for the intertoto game...but tbh Hibs will probably get creamed. Thopson, Brown and Whittaker (maybe Glass and Murphy) the only decent players at the club.

Mogga's got to buy/loan a decent striker because Killen and Benji are ****ing pish...Killen is the Hibs equivalent of Ian Moore for us.

Any ideas as to who Hibs will sign in attack?

Just found this anyway.

Hibs

Speculation

In: Scott McDonald, striker (Motherwell); Chris Hackett, midfielder (Hearts); Stan Varga, defender (Celtic); Craig Dargo, striker (Inverness CT);

Out: Scott Brown, midfielder (Rangers, Celtic, Tottenham, Sheffield United);

----------------------------------------------------------

Hearts

In: None

Out: Dennis Wyness, striker (Inverness Caledoonian Thistle); Graham Weir, striker (Queen of the South)

Speculation

In: Alexei Mikhailichenko, head coach (Ukraine Under-21s); Oleg Kuznetsov, assistant head coach (Ukraine); Ahn Jung-hwan, striker (Duisburg); Scott McDonald, striker (Motherwell); Albert Meyong, striker (Belenenses); Rodolph Douala, striker (Sporting Lisbon); Marian Pahars, striker (Southampton); Andrejs Prohorenkovs, striker (Dynamo Moscow); Javier Portillo, striker (Real Madrid); Martin Kolar, midfielder (Anderlecht); Stan Varga, defender (Celtic)

Out: Andy Webster, defender (Celtic, Rangers, Eintracht Frankfurt, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Monaco, PSV Eindhoven, Rennes, Everton, Fulham, Sheffield United); Valdas Ivanauskas, interim head coach; Rudi Skacel, midfielder (Southampton); Chris Hackett, midfielder (Hibernian, Carlisle United); Mirsad Beslija, midfielder; Jamie McAllister, defender; Lee Wallace, defender (Dundee United); Rais M'Bolhi, goalkeeper;

Slightly bulkier. icon_biggrin.gif

Benji and Killen are not pish, they've barely had a chance and Killen had a good scoring record before his injury.

Fletcher can also play up front as can Dalglish and Scott Brown.

Would like to see another striker come in but these guys deserve a chance.

I think we will win quite comfortably on Sunday.

Well in all honesty I only saw Benji play in the semi final (wasn;t very helpful at all) and Killen twice...Killen was dross on those occassions. Particularly against ICT...he was bloody awful - Mark Viduka with no talent he played like.

Dalglish...come on that is scraping the barrell.

Fletcher...I have heard promising things of him - is he gonna break through proper this season then you reckon?

Konte icon_biggrin.gif

How much are the tickets for Sunday? Also, do you ever think in that little corner pub next to Easter Road? I think it's on Albion....but you know which one I mean I'd imagine.

Archived