<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Rlipscombe Como 10/11 Serie B 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

09/10 Promoted Via Playoffs

Des Tiny Domegliara 11/12 Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

09/10 12th Serie C1/B

10/11 2nd Serie C1/B Loss in Playoff Final

10/11 Winner Serie C Cup

iacovone Bayreuth 08/09 Regional Div North</pre>

Oh well I am to spend another season in Serie C1/B An Update to come very soon. Not too happy, losing 5-6 in away leg, and then needing 1 goal to win promotion Pinedo and his fellows decided to put all of them off the woodwork or over the top. Full update soon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2010/11 Domegliara End of Season Update

Last Update I gave we had just beaten Grosseto to qualify for the Serie C Cup 2nd Round. So I will follow that on with the rest of the Serie C Cup. I was very pleased with my team and the way they were going, looking good for possible promotion and the Cup run looked excellent.

Round 2

at Ancona 4-1 HT: 1-1 MoM: Pinedo

Morete (16) Pinedo (49,83) Burgos (79)

vs Ancona (8) 4-5 (6) HT: 3-0 Att: 1068

Aquino (12,37) Pinedo (28) Burgos (81)

</pre>

Well an excellent victory even though it had to come via my huge win away from home. This led us into the Quarter Finals where we would meet Rovigo a non-league side who had got through after a few lucky victories. Looked good for advancement to the semifinals.

Quarter Final

at Rovigo 2-0 HT: 2-0 MoM: Pinedo

Pinedo (5,16)

vs Rovigo (6) 4-2 (2) HT: 3-1 Att: 2047 MoM: Pinedo

Pinedo (12,26,29,82)

</pre>

A great result Semifinals here we come. Drawn against Teramo, a team also in my league that I had struggled against in the past, but I was hopeful, with Pinedo on fire it was looking good.

Semi Final

vs Teramo 3-0 HT: 2-0 Att: 2106 MoM: Kluyskens

Kluyskens (24) Marfia (32) Del Sole (90)

at Teramo (5) 2-2 (2) HT: 1-1

Pinedo (33) Labriola (87)

</pre>

Final here we come, still fighting hard in the League, but I had decided to go for the cup and try to win completely.

Serie C Cup Final

vs Catanzaro 2-1 HT: 1-0 Att: 2111 MoM: Pinedo

Morete (30) Pinedo (50)

</pre>

Well I was only slightly happy with this a little worried going into the away leg only leading by one goal, but I was going to put my faith in the team.

Leg 2

at Catanzaro (3) 1-0 (1) HT: 0-0 MoM: Pinedo

Pinedo (48)

</pre>

I think the delight of this away leg was the work of my defense they truly ran the game from start to finish. Scribe (my new goalkeeper signed in Jan) saved a penalty and then a goal was disallowed in the 82nd minute which pretty much wrapped the game up for me. Domegliara won the Serie C Cup for the 1st time in their history and the board were delighted.

The League, now this was a different story, I started well, and then fell to 8th and looked set for it as my final position having not moved positions in 5 or 6 games before I signed Scribe in January and suddenly the team turned it around, I went 7 games unbeaten to finish the league and come out in 2nd place meaning I had made the playoffs. I was very happy and thought I had a great chance.

Playoff Semi Final

at Avellino 4-0 HT: 3-0 MoM: Pinedo

Pinedo (5,29,45) OG (79)

vs Avellino (10) 6-0 (0) HT: 3-0 Att: 2115 MoM: Kluyskens

Burgos (38,45) Kluyskens (pen 43,73) Pinedo (67,90)

</pre>

This victory took my team to 15 games unbeaten and into the playoff final, hopefully with this I could take the victory and get myself promotion. Pinedo also managed to bring up his 50th goal of the season, but unhelpfully my Chairman had decided to sell him on. The bid was too good to turn down, man my finances suck.

Playoff Final

at Catanzaro 5-6 HT: 3-2 MoM: Pinedo

Pinedo (30,45,60) Diagne (35) OG (58)

</pre>

So after this a single goal in the home leg would wrap up promotion and Serie B for next season.

vs Catanzaro (5) 0-0 (6) HT: 0-0 Att: 2116 MoM: Morete

</pre>

Yes you got it a nil all draw, they shoved 10 players in front of the goal and just defended to stop me scoring, unhappy, and another season of Serie C1 to come.

Well I have already told you about Pinedo being sold by my Chairman, but it got worse, with the huge number of large bids coming for my midfield I was worried they would be joining my striker on the way out. I had Serie A & B clubs bidding as well as a large number coming from Barca and other Spanish clubs, 4 players were sold by my Chairman. Pinedo (ST), Burgos (AMLC), Kluyskens (AMRC) and Diagne (DM), and to top it off I also lost Morete (AMC) as he would not renew his contract. This left me with pretty much no midfield to speak of, so looked like I would either be active in the transfer market or revert to my midfield that got me here. Marfia, Morelli, and Del Sole were all keen to stay and I had two international DM's in Baherle and Phiri waiting to step up. I decided to hit the market when I was handed a massive transfer budget of 525k and wages of 31k. I had a look and managed to make some steals as well, was looking good. My team was coming together even with the loss. More on the transfers in my preseason update 2moro.

Onto the stats.

Top Ten Goalscorers - Domegliara All Time

Overall (League) * = Left or Leaving

Pinedo 88 (67)*

Cammilluzi 23 (19)*

Diagne 22 (19)*

Labriola 20 (18)

Burgos 18 (15)*

Migliaccio 18 (12)

Morete 16 (10)*

Del Sole 13 (11)

Aquino 13 ( 7)

Kluyskens 12 ( 9)*

</pre>

Yes all 5 leaving were in my top ten goalscorers, I was going to be in trouble.

Top Ten Assists - Domegliara All Time

Marfia 44 (37)

Diagne 30 (24)*

Del Sole 25 (23)

Merito 21 (15)*

Burgos 18 (15)*

Morete 17 (13)*

Pinedo 15 (12)*

Kluyskens 14 ( 8)*

Morelli 13 (11)

Torzoni 8 ( 5)*

</pre>

Seriously not lookign good, my Chairman knows how to ruin a club for sure. Oh well.

Top Ten Man of the Match - Domegliara All Time

Pinedo 25 (18)*

Migliaccio 11 ( 9)

Cammilluzzi 7 ( 6)*

Labriola 5 ( 5)

Del Sole 5 ( 5)

Kluyskens 5 ( 3)*

Morete 5 ( 2)*

Morelli 4 ( 4)

Marfia 4 ( 2)

Burgos 3 ( 3)*

</pre>

Top Ten Appearances

Diagne 128 (104)*

Aquino 122 ( 98)

Labriola 117 ( 96)

Migliaccio 110 ( 91)

Marfia 108 ( 85)

Del Sole 101 ( 80)

Ingrosso 76 ( 59)

Pinedo 76 ( 58)*

Pinali 69 ( 60)*

Morelli 67 ( 56)

</pre>

And Player of the season was yet again Pinedo. Screen shots to come, probably post them with my update Preseason tomorrow night.

Oh on another little side note, When I started my new Season they decided to expand the stadium again, a big increase this time, it will be in my screenshots when I can get them to upload haha.

And another thing, it came up in my list of competitions Italian Cup - Not Entered Yet, but first Qualifying round draw came and I never appeared in the list. - Strange (possible bug?) I don't know if the winner of the Serie C Cup is supposed to qualify.

And my finances are finally looking good, the 5 sales netted a cool 2.5m in the bank with another 300k coming when Diagne got sold on and I got half the new price of 750k or so :p almost a million from my DM I signed for a free way back in the beginning of my game. Great work really. the other 4 went for about half a mil each all with sell-on clauses.

Originally posted by iacovone:

Well guys after my San Marino file failed to ignite any sort of passion inside (sorry aaberdeenn!) I decided to give this a try. I chose Germany and holidayed through a season. My side?

SpVgg Bayreuth! Rolls off the tongue doesn't it? The only reason I chose them was because their name vaguely sounds like Babe Ruth. Although I have absolutely no interest in baseball icon_biggrin.gif.

Anyway here's my profile - introducing Karlheinz Baden icon_cool.gif and proof of the job beinning in the appropriate manner - click!

If there are any extra screenshots you want to see just ask. Update coming soon just to introduce my squad and what I did in my first few months.

Welcome aboard, good to see someone else coming to join us, a bit gutted myself, but going to attempt promotion in 2011/12 instead, oh and go for back to back Serie C Cup victories, but good luck in Germany, happen to remember the reset date?

Des - first off comiserations for the play-off defeat - seriously bad luck. i'm sure the win in the Serie C cup doesn't totally make up for it too.

also, unlucky with the forced sales of your stars. Pinedo must be a big loss, like i had with Di Gennaro. i'm sure though that the money will come in handy though, especially as you now have money to spend and a wage budget similar to what i have in Serie B. it certainly makes a difference i can tell you.

you have certainly had some big interest in your players - where did your players move on to? i've had nothing like it really - but i guess it helps when you actually have players that are your own!!

on the subject of the Italian Cup, not sure on that one, but it is the Coppa Italia. i have played in it, beating Brescia 3-2 away icon_eek.gif (although they are a Serie B team), before losing 3-1 away at Serie A Lecce.

also noticed you've signed Baherle - i have just brought him in too. was going to tout him as my Diagne - but you have him now as well icon_rolleyes.gif

As for my Serie B season, i'll post a little update in a bit....

Hah, funny how those same players come up. I will tell you where they all went when I bring up screenshots, wasn't the best lot of players to lose, but I have managed to find ample replacements, just having trouble again now getting the team to gel, it looks like it may mean a season of rebuilding and hoping that I can gain promotion next season. The Defense is pretty much the same, though Aquino and Scribe have got bids coming in for them. Though with the current bank balance I should be ok. I have promoted Ciavatta to my first team as Striker, though my current left wing Della Penna (on loan) seems to be scoring more as an AML/FC, so he may move to the front will test him when Ciavatta goes away for San Marino next. Mattioli runs on both wings, Greco and Chiarelli are showing skills in AMC, so I have managed to bring in a capable team, I will show you some screenshots of the scout reports on my former stars, they are actually slightly amusing.

Good work on Baherle, just watch out he gets a lot of yellow cards I have noticed, though he is good. And with Phiri as back up I have no problems, defense has turned into the french foreign legion though.

Pre Season update soon

so, as promised, a little insgiht into the building work as Como prepare for life in Serie B.

as previously mentioned, i had failed to secure the loan contracts for Di Gennaro, Legati, Novinic and a few of the other, better, loanees. As a result, and coupled with a transfer budget of £1.3 million, i decided to take this opportuinity to build a real Como 'team'.

With a pretty threadbare squad to build upon, strengthening was required in almost all areas. i will break this down into positions:

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

>> Goalkeepers <<

2 goalkeepers have been brought in - Ismael, a highly rated spanish U-21 international, and Luca Bagano, an Italian U-19 keeper from Ternana, who's name escapes me. Both were signed on frees. Ismael will battle with Desjouis for the starting spot, with Desjouis playing the early games.

>> Defence <<

heavy strengthening has taken place here, particularly in central defence. 4 new CB's have been signed, including Comazzi, Stendardo and De Roo. Gesuele has also returned for another season on loan, mainly as cover. At right back, the Hungarian Zsolt Bognar has come into to provide competition for the returning Rincon, again in on loan.

>> Midfield <<

Another area heavily strengthened, with only Massaro featuring from the previous season. notable signings include Taddei, Baherle, Russiano, Graffiedi and Packer. A few loan signings also provide competition for places.

>> Attack <<

Pleased to say that Ardemagni and Destro return for another season on loan at the Giuseppe Sinigaglia. Destro also brings with him his fellow Inter colleague Goran Slavkovski, who i hope could play a part. Complimenting these are Ercolano, with whom i feel i might have taken a gamble, and Noblet, who i feel could become a massive star. Noblet was signed on a free from Auxerre, and i hope that he develops into the new 'Di Gennaro', as both seem pretty similar. Also joining in January, on a free transfer, is Nicolas Millan, a young Chilean striker you may be aware of. Millan will be my first non-EU player signed from abroad!! Exciting times......... icon_biggrin.gif

So, how is the season progressing? Well in the Coppa Italia, i beat Brescia away 3-2, icon_smile.gif before losing away at Lecce 3-1. icon_frown.gif In the league, my record so far is 1-1-1, having played 3 of the so-called 'bigger' teams. Destro is leading the way with the goals, with Noblet and Ercolano breaking their ducks.

i have to say that Serie B looks like it is quite a step up from Serie C1, so realistically, i simply hope to survive this season, and build from there. i doubt it'll be a third straight promotion!! you never know though! icon_wink.gif

Bayreuth 08/09 Season Review

So my first season in Germany on FM08, not to mention the German 4th Division! So how did it go?

Well building the squad was tough enough. I began with around 12 players, all out of contract and all amateurs. I moved quickly and tied the majority down for the season on part-time deals. There were the odd couple that got away frustratingly but it meant I could put my own touch into the squad.

Transfers show that I made plenty of signings. The highlights were John van Loenhout a talented but aging AM. Skerdilaid Curri an Albanian right winger did a great job for us and became a fan favourite over the course of the season. Josue Liotte was also a strong signing, enforcing the back line. Disappointments included the exceptionaly talented (for this level) Michael Lehmann but he flattered to deceive and was on the end of some abuse from the press come the end of the season. The same can be said of goalkeeper Andreas Lengsfeld.

My policy once I'd forged a semi-decent first team squad was to look to the youth. We had a couple of interesting prospects in the youth team to watch but I sent a scout to all the under 19's games to really expand the youth academy. There are a couple of notable 15 year old's looking to eventually realise their dream of playing for Bayreuth! icon_smile.gif

Specific names to watch for are Stephan Schmitt and Roy Kessel, both new signings. The real prospect is a young 14 year old that came through the academy at the end of this season - Cevdat Durmaz - remember the name!

So to the league. We started poorly to be fair without registering a win for the first 9 games! This put a bit of pressure on me given that our media prediction was alarmingly 7th! However as the team strengthened and we got used to my rather flamboyant tactic we began to climb the table eventually finishing 7th! It was clear that we weren't in any danger of relegation as some of the teams near the bottom really were dire. It was above me that the problems lay - the top 5 were strides ahead of the rest of us, leading me to believe that getting out of this league could be very hard icon_rolleyes.gif! It won't be quite as quick a rise as you rlipscombe or DesTiny!

Finances are looking good to be fair, we're under budget and usually make money over a month. The chairman doesn't seem very ambitious, giving me a new contract to just get a respectable position in the division so I've got plenty of time to get it right down here. Signings are tricky as we never get given any transfer funds. Although with a bit of tampering here and there with the budgets I have managed to squeeze a few thousand out of the club for necessary signings.

The media have predicted us to come 6th for the next season. Largely the same idea as last year, and very achievable. With only 1 team going up it is more a case of making small incrementle steps towards the top over seasons rather than a gung ho approach. I think I'm going to adopt a more 'German' formation next season and see where that gets me.

Screenshots:

Club Information

Finances

Best 11

Skerdilaid Curri - My Player of the Season

Cevdat Durmaz - The Hottest Prospect at Bayreuth

good solid first season there iacovone icon14.gif looks like it might will be a steady progress up the leagues for you, which in some ways might be the best way. there certainly does seem to be a bit of a gulf between the top 5 and the rest. sure you'll overcome that in time.

As for Durmaz, he certainly does look like he could become a good player for you. will you be tempted to throw him into action any time soon?? finances seem to be pretty healthy too.

good luck for next season - i'm sure you'll have them inching up the table.

Well I am a little worried, my Board have Promotion as the minimum expectation following my series of good results. I may have a three year contract I have just signed, but promotion to me after the loss of my 5 stars appears unlikely. I am currently sitting 11th after 10 games and I long way off the top two, in contention to make the playoffs still, but a lot harder to get there than last season. hope the board sees why otherwise my reign at Domegliara may come to an end icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Well I am a little worried, my Board have Promotion as the minimum expectation following my series of good results. I may have a three year contract I have just signed, but promotion to me after the loss of my 5 stars appears unlikely. I am currently sitting 11th after 10 games and I long way off the top two, in contention to make the playoffs still, but a lot harder to get there than last season. hope the board sees why otherwise my reign at Domegliara may come to an end icon_frown.gif

that doesn't sound too good Des... puts the pressure on a bit! fingers crossed for you. sure you can keep your job! icon14.gif

Well if I don't keep it I will start again...I am going to see this challenge to a conclusion, for a few reasons, first time I have got really stuck into a challenge and second, I want to see this thread last, I may restart in Italy, or go elsewhere...But even if Domegliara don't want me I will be around icon_smile.gif

just a quick update after 9 games in Serie B... not going too great!! my record so far is 1-2-6... icon_rolleyes.gif Serie B seems to be a BIG step up for me so far. struggling to adapt my tactics at the moment to try and tighten the back a bit, although a draw away at Modena in my last game gives me a little hope.

Think it's going to be a long and tough season...

Well it turns out my players could turn it around, I have managed to fight my way back up to 6th after 20games. so with 14 remaining I need to catch up a few more points only to grab 5th and get promotion via the playoffs.

So all fingers are now crossed on that front. As mentioned if I fail I am staying in the game, though probably head for France, Portugal or Spain as I will want a change from Italy.

Well it turns out my players could turn it around, I have managed to fight my way back up to 6th after 20games. so with 14 remaining I need to catch up a few more points only to grab 5th and get promotion via the playoffs.

So all fingers are now crossed on that front. As mentioned if I fail I am staying in the game, though probably head for France, Portugal or Spain as I will want a change from Italy.

stay positive Des... enough of this "if i fail, i'll start in..." chat. sure you will succeed with Domegliara.

me on the other hand, i'm struggling a little..... icon_wink.gif

Started brilliantly in my 2nd season with Bayreuth, keeping pace with runaway leaders Magdeburg for the first 10 games. Now however we've stumbled a bit and only won 1 of our last 5 icon_frown.gif. We've slipped to 9th now which is a bit harsh given our start. Magdeburg and Darmstadt are continuing their 2 pronged assault on promotion. For Bayreuth its another season of stability and scouring the leagues for possible talent. We mainly need to find some more goals from somewhere. Soren Brandy (a new signing) is the only man scoring at the moment.

Good luck to you two icon14.gif

sounds like you have been a little unlucky recently... shame. slowly slowly approach is the way i think.

as for me, i'll get a bit of game time in tonight and then i'll be away on holiday until next Sunday, so it's up to you two to keep the thread alive!! i look forward to reading your progress when i return.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

sounds like you have been a little unlucky recently... shame. slowly slowly approach is the way i think.

as for me, i'll get a bit of game time in tonight and then i'll be away on holiday until next Sunday, so it's up to you two to keep the thread alive!! i look forward to reading your progress when i return.

Will definitely keep the thread going icon_smile.gif

Participants

Player Team Season League Achievements

</pre><hr class="ev_code_hr" />

Des Tiny Domegliara 11/12 Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

09/10 12th Serie C1/B

10/11 Winner Serie C Cup

iacovone Bayreuth 09/10 Regional Div North</pre>

Participants

Des Tiny Domegliara 12/13 Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

09/10 12th Serie C1/B

10/11 Winner Serie C Cup

11/12 9th Serie C1/B

iacovone Bayreuth 09/10 Regional Div North</pre>

Well losing all my players I was in desperate trouble I signed some new names and fought as best I could. I was happy with 9th, could've done better except for a couple of slumps. The question still on my lips is whether the board is happy. According to the confidence page they are, but who knows what they are thinking.

Domegliara 2011/12 End of Season Update

Well the season started right with another victory and some great work early on, but slowly the team started to fall apart. Having lost 5 key players before the season started was always going to hurt. The Transfers were an attempt to replace some of the former players who were lost. the team came together and looked a chance for a playoff finish. But it was not to be, the team staged a mid season fightback to avoid relegation and make it towards the top, but it fell away and 9th was the best they could finish.

Finances were much better than in any previous season. And the Board were delighted throughout the season and as such I ended up having no worries, my job was safe, and there was over 3million in the bank. the increase in stadium to 3800 seated was helping as well.

And the Under 20s did it again

The Serie C Cup came crashing down with a 3-2 loss in the Semifinal and the chance of back to back was ruined. My Squad were putting it all on the line and came away with a respectable finish.

So onwards to 2012/13, and lets see what we can do.

Not bad Des KUTGW icon14.gif

My 3rd season with Bayreuth has started promisingly - we're unbeaten since the start of the season (4 games) and are keeping pace at the top. Annoyingly 3 sides (Oberhausen, Essen and Munster) have been moved to my division from the South or West and they are far better than the usual standard in our league. So despite me thinking we had a chance at promotion, we now have it far far harder icon13.gif

Apologies for the poor standard of my updates lately. No real excuse other than it being v.hectic up at uni!

Anyway 3rd season turned out to be a massive disappointment as we failed to progress on our 6th placed finish in the 2nd season. Eventually we finished 8th - showing we still needed vast improvement to get out of the 4th tier of German football. So this pre-season became massive - we were moved to the Regional Division South for some reason. I then spent more time than ever and trawled through the free transfers on 1st July, searching for gems. The squad now looks twice the strength of last year and despite the board now wanting us to battle for safety, I feel we could challenge for promotion with a bit of luck icon14.gif

Des Tiny Moves to Spain

Right, not exactly bored with Italy, but I needed a change, so I have started a game in Spain. <hr class="ev_code_hr" />

Say hello to, Des Tiny, the new manager of CD Eldense. <hr class="ev_code_hr" />

When he joined Des went down to visit the players on the pitch and found a total squad of eight under 19 players. When he asked the Chairman where his staff were, he was told to find them. So it looked like it would be out to the free transfer lists. Then he asked Mario Ferrandiz what he expected from the season, the chairman laughed at him.

Well anything you can do will delight me, so lets see you fight bravely against relegation. But I would love to see my club back at their pinnacle

Des smiled and replied,

Well I have a bit of confidence in my own skills, and there is no way I want to be in Division three next season, so lets say I will Avoid Relegation.

Mario smiled at Des and said,

You've got a deal, now lets see what you can do with this club. I think this is going to be a great era for us.

The chairman turned and walked away, so Des got down to finding himself some staff and players.

Participants

Des Tiny Domegliara 12/13* Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

10/11 Winner Serie C Cup

iacovone Bayreuth 09/10 Regional Div North

Des Tiny CD Eldense 08/09 Second Div B3

</pre>

Domegliara game on hold...

Originally posted by JoseRR:

I shall be joining you in spain in a few weeks, my exams are over next friday, so shall finally have the time to take this up then icon_smile.gif.

Sweet, good luck with the rest of your exams. My dedication to this hasn't been so hot lately with my finally getting a Beta test of FM Live icon_biggrin.gif

But I have taken a while to build a squad in spain now going to try to do something with them.

so, i turn my back for a week and Des has jumped on the first ferry to Spain!! icon_wink.gif looks like it was getting a bit frustrating at Domegliara, so i can understand the move. good luck there.

freek_teek - good look in Germany. see if you can do better than iacovone... icon_wink.gif

iacovone - tough luck with that league re-shuffle. hopefully your work on the sqaud will bear fruit and you can have your best season to date.

as for me, back on the Como bandwagon i guess. if i remember i pick up around xmas just above the drop zone...........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoseRR:

I shall be joining you in spain in a few weeks, my exams are over next friday, so shall finally have the time to take this up then icon_smile.gif.

Sweet, good luck with the rest of your exams. My dedication to this hasn't been so hot lately with my finally getting a Beta test of FM Live icon_biggrin.gif

But I have taken a while to build a squad in spain now going to try to do something with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be done with work for the summer come July 1st so I'll have nore game time and may give this a crack in France.

Off topic a bit, but what game world are you in on FML Des Tiny? I've recently started beta testing too. If we're in the same GW (mine's 10 btw), we should set up a friendly! icon_wink.gif

Good luck in France DodgeeD, I first wanted to start this challenge in France too, but I found that the difference between the relatively strong French National and rhe promoted teams without players was a bit much for me. (I really hope they fix the database for FM09 so that promoted teams have at least some decent players)

However, I'm really not that great a manager so maybe you'll prove me wrong.

so, since i've been back from my holiday, i have negotiated the january transfer window, and played 4 league games. my record is: 0-0-4!! icon_mad.gif why did i go on holiday?? it was going ok until then..... icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

have tried to strengthen my team with a number of loan signings, to try help us stay up. it's going to go right down to the wire!!

Well I can finally start the challenge, so after holidaying for an hour or two, I'm ready to take a tiny Spanish club on to the ultimate glory of replacing the lkes of Real Madrid and Barca as the top club in the country, before marching on to European success!

The lucky chosen club: Alfaro

And the main squad: Some work needed I think!

The board want to stay up in a two year plan for survival, however as a more ambitious person, I feel confident a few signings (Well, ok, mabye a whole squad) can see us a mid table side in perhaps 3 years. I always look for a fast rise in games such as this, but I can see Alfaro really are not up to that.

One of the first jobs will be to hunt for a few backroom staff, as we're clearly bursting from the rafters at the moment (Staff)! Clearly from above, signings are also badly required on the field, and I aim to have a feeder club soon to help me out through the lower leagues.

As for me, well I am just looking forward to this challenge, and I hope I enjoy it as much as you all have so far.

Participants

Des Tiny Domegliara 12/13* Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

10/11 Winner Serie C Cup

iacovone Bayreuth 09/10 Regional Div North

Des Tiny CD Eldense 08/09 Second Div B3

JoseRR Alfaro 08/09 Second Div B2

</pre>

Good luck Jose icon14.gif

Good to see you back rlipscombe. In fact you've probably been back ages, its me thats disappeared lately! icon_frown.gif

Bayreuth may be on hold for a while (in fact FM may be on hold for a while, got a very chaotic week or 2 before going to the US)

V.Off topic there....anyway KUTGW everyone!

Originally posted by iacovone:

Good luck Jose icon14.gif

Good to see you back rlipscombe. In fact you've probably been back ages, its me thats disappeared lately! icon_frown.gif

Bayreuth may be on hold for a while (in fact FM may be on hold for a while, got a very chaotic week or 2 before going to the US)

V.Off topic there....anyway KUTGW everyone!

been bafor a week. what with Euro2008, not had loads of game time, but getting more in now, and only have 6 games left to go. so so tight at the bottom. relegation is still a real possibility.

come on Como!!

Well I went and spilt Coffee on my laptop so I lost all my save games hmmm, that was a great idea...NOT. Well Insurance paid out so now I have a better comp and I am about to get into a new game, just trying to decide where to play. Might go to spain or France...

Well on holiday in Germany now. I didn't want to run spain again, or Italy following my disaster with Domegliara as much as I loved it, but I needed somewhere and Germany was asking for it...So here we go icon_smile.gif Report with update very soon icon_smile.gif

good to see you back Des. good luck in Germany. one tip for you though. keep the coffee away from the laptop!! icon_wink.gif

As for Como, i think i should get the season finished tonight, so news of my struggle for survial should be here tomorrow!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

good to see you back Des. good luck in Germany. one tip for you though. keep the coffee away from the laptop!! icon_wink.gif

As for Como, i think i should get the season finished tonight, so news of my struggle for survial should be here tomorrow!

Hence the purchase of a cheapish desktop that I can upgrade in the future. It is very good to work on right now and being able to actually run smoothly Fm and FML and Browser at the same time is excellent. I had a good laugh I paid $150 for the laptop about a year ago and they paid out $750 to replace it icon_wink.gif

And I am trying to figure out how to do german characters so I can name my players and team properly icon_smile.gif

Archived