How to deal with missed CCC

The title describes it very well. The 10.02 patch have made it almost impossible to score on these CCC (clear cut chanches). I can make about ten clear cut chances a game, while only one or two of them ends up into the net. Here is a picture:

atalanta.pngw1280.png

As you can see, I dominate the match. Luckily, Paloschi won the match for me after 86 minutes. The problem here is the ineffectiveness for me, while the AI always manages to score on these chances. It is ********. They had four shots on target, while one was a CCC. Their goal, obviously. Me? Twelve shots on goal. Nine of them was CCC! Two freaking goals out of nine CCC? My god. Here's another one:

interf.pngw1280.png

Maybe not the best match for me, but it clearly specifies the problem. The opponent scores on every (almost) CCC they manage to make, while I struggle with it. I have more shots on goal than them, but I really can't score. Almost every time my players approach goal, I feel like "hey, how spectacular is the keeper going to do the save".

I'm not going to post a picture of the analysis of the strikers, but here is the fact. Eto'o managed four shots, everyone at goal. Three of them ended up in the back of the net. Lavezzi and Hamsik, which plays for me? Lavezzi scored one, while three of his shots ended up in César's arms. Hamsik had four at goal, everyone saved. While this man from outer space, brilliant, outstandig - Eto'o - scores like it's the easiest thing to do, my players with excellent finishing blasts it (or roll it onto him) onto the keeper. It's horrible.

A long post about something irritating. It is that bad that I almost doesn't dare play more until I know what to do, since I loose that often. All because of this enormous 1on1-gltch. I'm posting this since I need help. In other threads, people just not seem to care. Please!

i'm faced with a similar problem. scored 3 in 5 games recently, 3 of those games were 0-0. created more than 5 CCCs. 1 game even had 10 CCCs, but no goals.

it wasnt like i wasnt able to crack a 'park the bus' opposition, its just that their Keeper could save anything. imagine this, 1 on 1 with keeper, saves, rebound rolls across goal, midfield player connects, keeper gets up, dives across goal mouth and saves ball again!

cmon!

How this thread will go:

COMPLAINER: I miss CCC's all the time! It's ridiculous.

SI-FAN: It's realistic, a CCC is not necessarily a guaranteed goal unless a mistake is made - it's a "chance", meaning it can either be taken or not.

COMPLAINER: Yes, but I'm talking about one-on-one, acres of space, glorious "chances" that happen twenty times a game!

SI-FAN: That doesn't happen on mine. You must be exaggerating.

COMPLAINER: No, I'm not. Here <screenshot>! See?! It's a bug!

SI-FAN: No, it's not a bug. Read above answer.

COMPLAINER: I've already explained why it isn't the above answer!

SI-FAN: Look, you're just a SI basher. Go and play Champ Man then.

COMPLAINER: WTF??

<Locked thread>

actually, CCC and your score are all depending on your strikers. if your ST got high composure rate and finishing, usually it will turn most of the CCC to be around the same as your score.

eg. 5CCC maybe around 3-5 score if your ST got high composure and finishing. (lower score maybe 0-2 if your ST got less composure and finishing.)

hope this help to clarify abit..

How this thread will go:

SI-FAN: It's realistic, a CCC is not necessarily a guaranteed goal unless a mistake is made - it's a "chance", meaning it can either be taken or not.

COMPLAINER: Yes, but I'm talking about one-on-one, acres of space, glorious "chances" that happen twenty times a game!

<Locked thread>

Ha ha ha ha

How this thread will go:

<Locked thread>

Either contribute to a thread in the correct manner or don't bother posting.

actually, CCC and your score are all depending on your strikers. if your ST got high composure rate and finishing, usually it will turn most of the CCC to be around the same as your score.

eg. 5CCC maybe around 3-5 score if your ST got high composure and finishing. (lower score maybe 0-2 if your ST got less composure and finishing.)

hope this help to clarify abit..

I'm afraid this just isn't how the game is. I have world class forwards miss chance after chance in some games. The only way to not be driven to putting both fists through your monitor is to accept that the ME has limitations, hope the next patch improves things and move on :D

I generally find my strikers put away about half of their CCCs. Fairly realistic. I've seen Dindane for pompey miss a hatful from about a yard out this season! Despite the above post the best way to convert more CCCs is to get your hands on more clinical forwards. I find that if I play defensively on the counter attack looking to steal a 1-0 win, I may only create 1 CCC which ends up going in. If I'm trying to dominate Arsenal style my team can be complacent and waste tonnes of chances. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Noticed this "problem" somewhat - if it is a problem - at least with my CCCs - however I don't find the AI is scoring all his CCCs.

In reference to the OP.

Lavezzi - Finishing 12, Composure 14

Eto'o - Finishing 16, Composure 14

However Hamsik has very high finishing and composure.

I noticed something while playing yesterday. The harmony in the club, obviously because of not winning, was far below acceptable. A few had lost confident in me as manager, as well. I spent some millions on new contracts for vital players in the team. Suddenly, they started being more effective in front of goal etc. It seems it is important to be in good form, with players happy and up for the game. After weeks of ineffectiveness, I managed a 6-2 win home against Atletico Madrid.

Anyway, it is back to normal now. My team scores a few on their massive amounts of CCC, while the opponent is stunning in front of goal. Another thing I've noticed, is hove my team improves in front of goal at the end of the match. It is easier to score the equalizer, than it is to take the lead.

Hopefully the patch solves all of this, as it seems it's quite many who have this problem.

Either contribute to a thread in the correct manner or don't bother posting.

Oh come on - have a sense of humour.

I was contributing. If I have to put it bluntly, my contribution is "It's realistic, a CCC is not necessarily a guaranteed goal unless a mistake is made - it's a "chance", meaning it can either be taken or not."

Oh come on - have a sense of humour.

I was contributing. If I have to put it bluntly, my contribution is "It's realistic, a CCC is not necessarily a guaranteed goal unless a mistake is made - it's a "chance", meaning it can either be taken or not."

I do have a sense of humour, I just get sick of seeing crappy sarcastic posts throughout the forum when people ask a question. Then the threads turn into a slanging match, I see it happen day in day out.;)

But I do agree with the other comment you've made. We don't see posts daily saying 'I had 15 shots and only scored 1 goal' do we. People put far too much emphasis into the ccc stat.

My or their goals? I guess both teams scored on real CCC's. The problem here is how stunning the AI is in front of goal, whenever they create chances, at the same moment I need loads of them to just score the one goal. Maybe 6-7-8 chances (shots alone with the keeper) to get that one goal, while the opponent always score.

It actually works both ways. When the AI has more CCC's than you, but you win, you don't pay attention to it because you won!

You only think it always go against you because it's in the football fans nature to focus on negatives to the exclusion of positives.

For example, I'm Everton in the below screenshot.

evehertha.jpg

I win 4-0 without a single CCC, while Hertha Berlin miss three!

I have the same problem converting CCC. People come on here and post their experiences and as a moderater you should be a voice of reason and understanding but your responses are blunt, often very provoking and snide. I've seen many people get hacked off as they copme on with very real problems only to be first tangled up by the response of some SI bumboy who sees no wrong with the game when there are clearly issues. Following that you'll get the mods, who should be polite and uphold the practise they so often preach about constructive, yet they like to throw around some dry, one line answers with no real positivity.

There is a few problems I've highlighted before. CCC is definitely one.

I'm enjoying great success and having fantastic enjoyment from the game. It does annoy me at times, not to the extent where I'll quit. However I'm looking for a fair playing field, not one in which the AI has an advantage over you, an unfair one at that.

I have the same problem converting CCC. People come on here and post their experiences and as a moderater you should be a voice of reason and understanding but your responses are blunt, often very provoking and snide. I've seen many people get hacked off as they copme on with very real problems only to be first tangled up by the response of some SI bumboy who sees no wrong with the game when there are clearly issues. Following that you'll get the mods, who should be polite and uphold the practise they so often preach about constructive, yet they like to throw around some dry, one line answers with no real positivity.

There is a few problems I've highlighted before. CCC is definitely one.

I'm enjoying great success and having fantastic enjoyment from the game. It does annoy me at times, not to the extent where I'll quit. However I'm looking for a fair playing field, not one in which the AI has an advantage over you, an unfair one at that.

Not constructive? I linked him to a thread which will help him massivley with his problems. That's pretty constructive. Plus I asked a valid question, how many of the goals were actually scored from CCC's. After all the posts I've seen in here on this issue not 1 person as posted the actual stats of CCC's been scored for 2 teams over the same time period. It's easy to say there is an issue but if noone is willing to put in the effort to do the actual research before hand into the exact number been scored then how will it get fixed. Not everyone is experiencing the same, especially in beta testing from what I can see.

And how is it you're allowed to call people bumboys yet I'm not allowed to say I don't experience the same in my games? Which one of them is the most offensive? Oh and btw lose the offensive words from future posts please. And judging on your own posting history you have no rights to question anyone elses posting style when your own as been rude, insultive and agressive.

If someone as a genuine issue the mods in here are always the first to help. Just look at the effort myself and wwfan go to every year.

And again you're wrong about the last part, you can do whatever the AI does as you use the same ME. So it doesn't have an advantage its equal. If the AI does something then it only does what the human user is possible of re creating.

There is a slight problem with the CCC's imo but it isn't as bad as whats posted in here imo and with the stats and figures I've seen. The problem is more the case of too many been created and not an issue with how many are actually scored/conceeded. It's more the amount generated whats an issue.

People should remember a CCC is only another type of shot. I'd be more worried about creating 20+ shots a game(on target ones) and only scoring 1 goal. Rather than the amount of CCC's created. Yet strangely enough those sort of threads don't appear.

But I do agree with the other comment you've made. We don't see posts daily saying 'I had 15 shots and only scored 1 goal' do we. People put far too much emphasis into the ccc stat.

Just you wait until I start implementing Reep's theories instead of Sacchi's with my team... I'll be demanding a goal every 10 shots. ;)

----

I do have to say that CCCs and how they are defined are a frustration. I deal with it by referring back to the text commentary - if that says "he should have scored", then that was a clear-cut chance and I should be looking at the striker to figure out why he's playing like a donkey. Otherwise, a CCC is just a chance and with a significant doubt about how clear-cut it actually was. Maybe a 60 million pound striker would have put it away, but my faithful carthorse with the composure of a startled rabbit and the finishing ability of Devon Loch might not consider it quite so clear-cut.

I've hardly been any more rude than your previous posts. You're dry, and snide.

As for the help, nobody says you don't help but when you see a post about a problem you 'haven't experienced' it's usually fobbed off. That's not before the SI bumboys defend the game to the hilt. And yes they are bumboys and NO, that is nowhere near offensive. As a previous poster said, SOH.

Mods should not be power crazy and think they can talk down to folk with their snide comments. Or handing out orders of 'losing offensive words' which are nowhere to be seen. People in your position should not be so provoking ans should think of the frustration of the gamer before posting back at a fan. Whether that fan is annoyed, maybe a bit off or abusive, you in the position as mod could be more helpful than being dim-witted and dry with your responses.

This conversation was about your conduct, not mine. It was also to show how the fans, who pay money to buy and play the game get annoyed and put of of place when their very real issues, recognised by you or not, are palmed off by telling them you have not experienced it and basically it's not an issue. Add this to the superfans who refuse to believe there is any flaw to try and gain SI approval and I can see exactly why people get p'd off.

I'm not a mod remember, just in case you forget the difference again. :)

Just you wait until I start implementing Reep's theories instead of Sacchi's with my team... I'll be demanding a goal every 10 shots. ;)

----

I do have to say that CCCs and how they are defined are a frustration. I deal with it by referring back to the text commentary - if that says "he should have scored", then that was a clear-cut chance and I should be looking at the striker to figure out why he's playing like a donkey. Otherwise, a CCC is just a chance and with a significant doubt about how clear-cut it actually was. Maybe a 60 million pound striker would have put it away, but my faithful carthorse with the composure of a startled rabbit and the finishing ability of Devon Loch might not consider it quite so clear-cut.

I don't mind CCC being missed when it's a mediocre striker duffing them. However, when a STAR MAN with WC rep is and 18+ in Fin/Com is then it's worrying. Namely because some donk with 9 finishin and 12 composure bangs in the toughest of chances against you.

I don't mind CCC being missed when it's a mediocre striker duffing them. However, when a STAR MAN with WC rep is and 18+ in Fin/Com is then it's worrying. Namely because some donk with 9 finishin and 12 composure bangs in the toughest of chances against you.

But that boils down to what is being classed as a CCC in the stats. You can generate pointless CCCs til the cows come home by abusing an acknowledged bug (with an acknowledged super keeper fix). But you'll rarely score from them, no matter how good your striker is. And then there are those CCCs which I just don't think should be labelled as CCCs by the engine judging from the text commentary - but then it's a subjective thing being measured according to what seems like a non-subjective manner.

The AI is capable of producing very simple CCCs which many players seem to struggle to create - so one pure gold, two yard tap-in for Dobbin the mule to put away will result in a goal far more frequently than the twenty yard dribble through the defence to get one on one with the keeper made by your own super striker. Wonder strikes don't class as CCCs, in the main anyways, so I do think it's a perception thing not helped by a lack of clarity over what actually constitutes a CCC (in non-subjective game terms) in the documentation.

I'd really recommend following the text commentary closely to judge in-game situations rather than the 3d view. Mebbe I'm a old grumpy man, but the 3d view remains problematic for me precisely because it seems to distort perception at times. If you do, you'll notice that the AI strikers miss just as many (or as few) as you do, all other factors being equal.

Are they actually been scored from clear cut chances though and often? I'd like to see the PKM's of these if you wouldn't mind and upload them.

But that boils down to what is being classed as a CCC in the stats. You can generate pointless CCCs til the cows come home by abusing an acknowledged bug (with an acknowledged super keeper fix). But you'll rarely score from them, no matter how good your striker is. And then there are those CCCs which I just don't think should be labelled as CCCs by the engine judging from the text commentary - but then it's a subjective thing being measured according to what seems like a non-subjective manner.

The AI is capable of producing very simple CCCs which many players seem to struggle to create - so one pure gold, two yard tap-in for Dobbin the mule to put away will result in a goal far more frequently than the twenty yard dribble through the defence to get one on one with the keeper made by your own super striker. Wonder strikes don't class as CCCs, in the main anyways, so I do think it's a perception thing not helped by a lack of clarity over what actually constitutes a CCC (in non-subjective game terms) in the documentation. I'd really recommend following the text commentary closely to judge in-game situations rather than the 3d view. Mebbe an old grumpy man, but the 3d view remains problematic for me precisely because it seems to distort perception at times.

I posted in the stats thread further down the forum about someones game I watched. He created 3 CCC's in the first half but all 3 were either at funny angles or to far out to have a realistic chance of been scored.

I'd also advise people to go to the analysis pages and watch the shots back after a game to see and understand more about the chances you are missing.

Archived