The Scottish Pyramid, Platinum Edition

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

Why is it I drool at the prospect of managing clubs in these lower leagues? Obscurity is wonderful; £0 transfer budgets > spending spree.

Heh, last night I had a wee go at managing the worst-rated side in BSN (Farsley Celtic) in the demo. The player my assman recommends as my captain has all his technical attributes under 4!!! And that's nowhere near where I'll really be starting.

Nb. Having found MikeAvery's non-league site which covers very lower league England, Scotland and Wales, I'll be adding an 11th and possibly even 12th toer to my structure :eek:

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

Without sounding like an eejit...I have no such place to put the file.

I access my data editor through:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor

I tried putting the XML file in the 'basic comps' folder but that didn't work. Completely new to editing and XML files so no idea what to do. :(

Without sounding like an eejit...I have no such place to put the file.

I access my data editor through:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor

I tried putting the XML file in the 'basic comps' folder but that didn't work. Completely new to editing and XML files so no idea what to do. :(

Its in My Documents\Sports Interactive.......

C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data
Its in My Documents\Sports Interactive.......

Thanks. Unfortunately it still doesn't work but I've noticed that I'm not getting the window to select my databse when I click 'New Game' - the game just automatically starts loading it up and then the wizard appears. Never had that problem before! :S

First of all can I say thank you for the hard work done already, I have loaded the file into the game and picked my local team Clydebank, the squad of 21 players seems ok but why all the youth players? I cannot train them as they dont show up on the training tab, only the 1st team squad does. My main concern is what happens now, if I cant train them I cant play them . I think I will let them go for free and see what happens. As I said before thanks because the structure and the leagues look great. I am working all day tomorrow so I am going to leave the game on holiday mode and see if things work out ok:)

Thanks. Unfortunately it still doesn't work but I've noticed that I'm not getting the window to select my databse when I click 'New Game' - the game just automatically starts loading it up and then the wizard appears. Never had that problem before! :S

I had the same problem, go to preferences - display and sound - untick use skin cache - tick always reload skin. It should work now, if not go to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor and delete the config file!

Hope that helps!

I had the same problem, go to preferences - display and sound - untick use skin cache - tick always reload skin. It should work now, if not go to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor and delete the config file!

Hope that helps!

Tried both and neither seem to have made a difference. I have no idea what the heck is going on! If I can't figure it out soon I'll just have to give it a go without the editor, though I must admit without being able to use it I think I'll be disheartened with the game as it was a key feature in my decision to buy it.

EDIT: Actually it's now working, thank you for your help!!

Thank you as well to Cadijk van Kaarhandel for all the effort he's put into this. A few minor tweaks to the database for me - such as the return of the 3 foreigner rule! - and I'm ready. :D

My game won't arrive for a wee while yet, so I'm deadly jealous of you all. here's 3 questions:

1. so do you mean you can download CVK's file and make further changes to it in the editor?

2. can you extract the club data? I mean, I plan to make my own structure but I'd love to use CVK's great work to put the info he's researched into my game. Eg where he's filled out the squads and club info of clubs not in the boxed database, I'd like to put all that data in my game.

3. Can you easily incorporate 2 or more downloaded files? Eg put CVK's Scottish structure together with an English 10-tier file?

:):)

1. Yes, you can do that. Load the (default) database in the editor and then load my "editor data" (this update). Its then your's to edit.

2. My next stage is to update the Player and Staff info so i will presumably be able to save those as a seperate .xml file. You could then use the updated player info in any game you can.

3. Yes, easy. When starting a new game you just put a tick alongside the files you want to include.

I left this running overnight and it completed 10 seasons. Its highlighted a few things and there's a few tweaks that I'll be making to the db.

Major one for me is the Regionalising at the end of each season. I have my West-Central Juniors with boundaries of Dumbarton (N), Glasgow (E), Irvine (S), and Ardrossan (W). However, the game's stuck the likes of Cruden Bay in that league. Not a clue why.

Anyway, here's the Rule and Set-Up changes i'll be making for R2.

1. League Dates, start later with Super Cup at start of season

2. SPL1, move 2 games per week for TV (Fri and Sun)

3. Add 'TV Money' for SPL1 and SPL2 clubs

4. SPL2, move 2 games per week for TV (Sat and Sun 1200)

5. Add "B teams cannot be promoted" from Championship level

6. Move 'B' teams to secondary stadia (to prevent "B teams" from getting stupid crowds, e.g. Celtic B 30k v Ayr)

I left this running overnight and it completed 10 seasons. Its highlighted a few things and there's a few tweaks that I'll be making to the db.

Major one for me is the Regionalising at the end of each season. I have my West-Central Juniors with boundaries of Dumbarton (N), Glasgow (E), Irvine (S), and Ardrossan (W). However, the game's stuck the likes of Cruden Bay in that league. Not a clue why.

Anyway, here's the Rule and Set-Up changes i'll be making for R2.

1. League Dates, start later with Super Cup at start of season

2. SPL1, move 2 games per week for TV (Fri and Sun)

3. Add 'TV Money' for SPL1 and SPL2 clubs

4. SPL2, move 2 games per week for TV (Sat and Sun 1200)

5. Add "B teams cannot be promoted" from Championship level

6. Move 'B' teams to secondary stadia (to prevent "B teams" from getting stupid crowds, e.g. Celtic B 30k v Ayr)

Sounds good. When will the new update be out? also ive noticed that you havnt set any prize money for the cups, does this make a difference in game?

Cadijk van Kaarhandel:

I have tested through the night and found a few things

With regard to the promotions and relegations from the SPL2, it seems that the 4teams relegated have gone in to the championship north, with the championship south receieving 4 instead of 3 of the promotions etc.

how is the north and south promotions governed?

I am running another holiday season now to test again.

Also i see you havent set tv dates would it be worth setting tv on a sat at 12.30, sunday at 2 for the two bigger games, and then friday or monday for the leser teams, full prize money etc?

EDIT: i was styping all this out when you had set your reply.

I would suggest that this new system would invite more excitement and a bigger attraction from sponsors etc, therefore the prize money would be a great deal more.

just a few thoughts mate.

I haven't downloaded your version (I like editing, so I wanted to try out my own!), but one thing I did notice on my own version was that reserve teams from the SPL tend to be too strong for the lower leagues. The reserve teams were up against similar opposition to yours, and after a season all the reserve teams were taking up the top 4 spots in each of their leagues (by a large margin).

Like I said, this was my version, not yours - but just in case yours has a similar issue you hadn't noticed! I was thinking of removing the reserve teams from the league structure altogether as a result of this.

I haven't downloaded your version (I like editing, so I wanted to try out my own!), but one thing I did notice on my own version was that reserve teams from the SPL tend to be too strong for the lower leagues. The reserve teams were up against similar opposition to yours, and after a season all the reserve teams were taking up the top 4 spots in each of their leagues (by a large margin).

Like I said, this was my version, not yours - but just in case yours has a similar issue you hadn't noticed! I was thinking of removing the reserve teams from the league structure altogether as a result of this.

the only remedy would be to remove them as they will always be stronger.

i quite like the idea of having to sort the two tema out, providing you manage a top side.

However i would suggest allowing them to be promoted like castilla and barca b. that way they will indefinitely find their level, but will never be able to be promoted to the same level as the main team.

what do you think?

Here is the prize money for the scottish cup and league cup

Scottish Cup

1: £2000 (R1)

2: £4000 (R2) or £6000 (R1)

3. £6000 (R3), £10,000 (R2) or £12,000 (R1)

4. £8000 (R4), £14,000 (R3), £18,000 (R2) or £20,000 (R1)

5. £18,000 (R4), £26,000 (R3), £28,000 (R2) or £30,000 (R1)

QF. £30,000 (R4), £38,000 (R3), £40,000 (R2) or £42,000 (R1)

SF: £45,000 (R4), £53,000 (R3), £55,000 (R2) or £57,000 (R1)

Winners: £105,000 (R4), £113,000 (R3), £115,000 (R2), £117,000 (R1)

or £30,000

Runners Up: £75,000 (R4), £83,000 (R3), £85,000 (R2), £87,000 (R1)

League Cup

First round losers: £10,500

Second round losers: £14,750

Third Round losers: £24,500

Quarter-Final losers: £38,000

Semi-Final losers: £47,500

Runner up: £82,000

Winner: £110,000

Televised matches except the final: £95,125 for each club and final: £108,750 each.

Right i've made an update as follows, link is on O/P:

1. Move games for TV in SPL1 (Fri 1945, Sun 1400, Sun 1600) and SPL2 (Sat 1200, Sun 1200, Mon 1945)

2. TV Money for clubs in SPL1 and SPL2 (£1m each SPL1, £75k each SPL2)

3. Prize Money added for all comps (e.g £1m SPL1 winner, £500k Super Cup winner, £250k Scottish Cup winner)

4. 'B' sides moved, e.g. Celtic 'B' play at New Broomfield

5. Competition Dates formulated to fit in with FIFA and UEFA Competition Dates

6. 'B' Teams cannot be Promoted above Championship Level

7. Junior/Challenge/Super Cup played on same dates with Finals during same midweek (Tues/Wed/Thurs)

Still having 'regionalising' issues in Season 2 but will take quite a bit of time to check/confirm longitudes and latitudes for all clubs.

Here is the prize money for the scottish cup and league cup

Scottish Cup

1: £2000 (R1)

2: £4000 (R2) or £6000 (R1)

3. £6000 (R3), £10,000 (R2) or £12,000 (R1)

4. £8000 (R4), £14,000 (R3), £18,000 (R2) or £20,000 (R1)

5. £18,000 (R4), £26,000 (R3), £28,000 (R2) or £30,000 (R1)

QF. £30,000 (R4), £38,000 (R3), £40,000 (R2) or £42,000 (R1)

SF: £45,000 (R4), £53,000 (R3), £55,000 (R2) or £57,000 (R1)

Winners: £105,000 (R4), £113,000 (R3), £115,000 (R2), £117,000 (R1)

or £30,000

Runners Up: £75,000 (R4), £83,000 (R3), £85,000 (R2), £87,000 (R1)

Scottish Cup money accrues, so someone winning it will bank £105,000 if they started in R4.

Right i've made an update as follows, link is on O/P:

1. Move games for TV in SPL1 (Fri 1945, Sun 1400, Sun 1600) and SPL2 (Sat 1200, Sun 1200, Mon 1945)

2. TV Money for clubs in SPL1 and SPL2 (£1m each SPL1, £75k each SPL2)

3. Prize Money added for all comps (e.g £1m SPL1 winner, £500k Super Cup winner, £250k Scottish Cup winner)

4. 'B' sides moved, e.g. Celtic 'B' play at New Broomfield

5. Competition Dates formulated to fit in with FIFA and UEFA Competition Dates

6. 'B' Teams cannot be Promoted above Championship Level

7. Junior/Challenge/Super Cup played on same dates with Finals during same midweek (Tues/Wed/Thurs)

Still having 'regionalising' issues in Season 2 but will take quite a bit of time to check/confirm longitudes and latitudes for all clubs.

where in the game or editor does this show up, and ill look into for you and do you know how to implement it when you have found out?

If you have applied my xml file first or merged it, then that will be done for you. I've revised ALL attendances, most LONG/LATs have been checked etc. Cruden Bay in my file is 57.20 and -1.50

If you have applied my xml file first or merged it, then that will be done for you. I've revised ALL attendances, most LONG/LATs have been checked etc. Cruden Bay in my file is 57.20 and -1.50

Ah-ha, cool, hadn't done that yet so will do, thanks.

can we get completition logos made for this?

Yeah I've got Logos made, just a case of making the config.xml now, I'll get on to that soon.

:thup:

would it be a good idea to transform the super cup into the "champions league" style cup you where asking about, or would there be too much going on in one season?

Yeah that was originally my intention (for all 3 divisional cups), but i couldn't get the editor to do what i wanted it to do. So they're all just knock-outs right now but if i can suss the editor then a group-stage will be included.

Yeah that was originally my intention (for all 3 divisional cups), but i couldn't get the editor to do what i wanted it to do. So they're all just knock-outs right now but if i can suss the editor then a group-stage will be included.

The way to do this seems to be to select 'Group Stage then Cup' at the competition format under the General tab.

have you updated monthly awards to your new structure?

Ah, good point, hadn't thought of them :thup:

Would it also be possible to cross over two leagues and do a British Super Cup, with say the winners of both respective FA Cups or both finalists for a semi final, with substantial financial rewards to up the Scottish clubs finance?

I'll take a look and see what can be done.

A short-and-sweet two-day thing at Wembley or Hampden appeals to me.

Day 1: Semi-Finals

1400: Scottish Cup Winners v. English League Cup Winners

1600: Scottish Super Cup Winner v. English FA Cup Winners

Day 2: Final

1600: Winners from Day 1

That would be pretty cool, could replace the Community Shield.

Archived