FM 10: Official Celtic Thread - Taking Back The Title

southsidecelt

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I turned down a £10m bid from Spurs for Brown, him and McGeady aren't going anywhere.

Boruc is becoming more and more irratic by the game, the sooner Areola gets decent the better.

Acquafresca really isn't phenomenal in the SPL, him and Simon Poulsen (£1.4m is a bargain) are tearing it up this season.

Do you mean Acquafresca is phenomenal in the SPL :D

That's exactly what I mean, someone must have said "isn't" to me at work whilst I was typing.

Like the time on my Newcastle phrase where I went to quit the game and my brother said "No" and I clicked "No" to asking if I wanted to save :(

But Acquafresca IS phenomenal in the SPL. Inter and Man Utd are after him and putting in £9m bids. He's going nowhere and gave him a new contract.

What tactic were you using on you celtic save Scott?

Surprise surprise mate,when i get a good tactic i never change it,a bit boring but i like winning lol

Anyways the mr houghs possetion complete dominance,10.2 version no tweaks just letting my ass do OI and team talks then i do the 3 touchline instructions.It seems to work mate:)

got a second champions league win in 2015/16, beat AC in the final 4-3 AET.

Final Team:

GK: Adler

DR: Regen

DL: Dodo

DC: Otamendi

DC: Chygrynskyi

MR: Krivets

ML: McGeady

MC: Capoue

MC: Gosling

AMC: Pjanic

ST: Regen

Subs:

Silviu Lung Jr

Regen

Coutinho

Dudu

Caddis

Camacho

Regen

Need to try and defend this one now!

Got bored so I started a new game yesterday.

Transfers:

transfers0910.jpg

League table:

tablerl.jpg

So far so good. Cardozo has been an inspired signing, 22 goals from 21 starts. McGeady is also great, 11 goals and 14 assists from 24 starts. I also signed Bale for 4.5 mil and Van Der Vaart for 7.5 mil who were both transfer listed.

managed to defend the champions league finally! Year is 2017, beat AC in the final again, 2-0 AET

Starting Lineup:

GK:Adler

DR:Regen

DL: Dodo

DC:Otamendi

DC:Chygrynskyi

MR:Krivets

ML:Regen

MC:Regen

MC: De La Red

AMC:Pjanic

ST:Regen

Subs:

Silviu Lung Jr

Regen

Aiden

Welliton

Regen

Regen

Dudu

Time to quit or go for 3 in a row? :)

I struggled to get rid of Samaras for £1m on my game, I had to offer him out four times before he eventually left!

Into my third season now, been handed a tricky Champions League group (Man Utd, Fenerbache and Palermo) and I was the second seed in the group!

Started scouting for good Scottish regens now, Loovens left a year short of getting Scottish citizenship but I've replaced him with a Celtic loving John O'Shea for £2m who has formed a good partnership in defence with Nigerian defender Apam.

Acquafresca has started with better than a goal a game in the SPL, and Lazovic has started the season in good form too. Oh, and signed a Brazilian guy that my 20/20 scouts say is 4.5* and better than Scott Brown for £1k.

Hey boys - Thought i'd make a post on the old forum which are few and far between. thus far i've had 5 FM10 games;

Liverpool - My true love

Sunderland - Failed Misrabley

Everton - It hurt but was a fun season

Villa - Loved it got in 4 seasons wanted a change

Newcastle - a championship flash in the pan

Now time to move out of England; not too far though; don't want to get homesick so i thought FM09 brought fun in the form of Celtic. So i thought, why not have the same...more mature fun, on FM10.

Some quick questions if you will;

Players to keep?

Players to bring in?

Formations which work well for the club (not in general)?

and basicly anything else not look out for and enjoy or avoid.

Lets hope i enjoy my first season with Celtic i'll report back shortly :D

Alrite to keep:McGeady, Boruc, Brown, Maloney, McDonald, Fortune - anyone else is fair game!!

Purchase - Cardozo or Milevskyi, Jadson on a free in 6 months as is Waldo Ponce

4-4-2 with narrow and short passing, MrHoughs complete dominance 10.2 :thup:

Thank; I made a mistake with loaning out Fortune then? He looks dire.

I seem to have a backward game to everyone else, Brown has been sold for being on the bench a few times, Boruc is nearly sold for the same reason and Mcgeady has been average. Best players have been Zaluska, Caddis, Crosas and Samaras.

In previous games i've always found Caddis & O'Dea to be vital players who perform out their skins and Mcgeady to be an over-rated peice of tripe.

I seem to have a backward game to everyone else, Brown has been sold for being on the bench a few times, Boruc is nearly sold for the same reason and Mcgeady has been average. Best players have been Zaluska, Caddis, Crosas and Samaras.
Caddis does perform well - O`Dea not so much in this game

McGeady, play him in the amc position as a trequartista and he will, I GUARANTEE perform, might need a few games to adapt from the position youve played him in

One step ahead my friend he is already in that position; Strikers i'm struggling with haven't the funds. McDonald has been kept; Maloney is playing along side him; until i get some funds some how.

Alright cheers mate, can't be bothered doing a screenshot but here's probably my strongest team.

Lung Jr

Raul - Otamendi - Kryvstov - Armand Traore

McGeady - Hernandes - Ramires - Renato Augusto

Lewandownski - Jo

Subs:

Schemichal

Nestor

Sandro

Horvath

Vela

Fortune

Destro (ST)

Vukcevic

O'Dea

Just at the start of the 2012 season, just drew 1-1 with AC, first game in the CL

Still got 21mill to spend and don't have a clue who to go for.

Alright cheers mate, can't be bothered doing a screenshot but here's probably my strongest team.

Lung Jr

Raul - Otamendi - Kryvstov - Armand Traore

McGeady - Hernandes - Ramires - Renato Augusto

Lewandownski - Jo

Subs:

Schemichal

Nestor

Sandro

Horvath

Vela

Fortune

Destro (ST)

Vukcevic

O'Dea

Seems to be a distinct lack of 'home' and a major brazilian feel within the midfield. Maybe see if you can bring Sakho into the defence to give it that class factor and maybe a new striker to improve on Lewandowski however strong he maybe.

Edit: Maybe some English talent in as opposed to the majorly foreign feel; Huddlestone, Davies, Cahill...etc.

Archived