[FM08] Dungiven Celtic - N. Ireland's biggest threat since Knockbreda

NepentheZ

So.... I've been attempting for a while, to get Dungiven into the proper rounds of the EURO Cup, but have failed, over the last few seasons, only ever getting as far as the First Knockout Round. I'd really like to make it to the group stages.!!

This season, I had an easy tie in the first qual. stage, and breezed through 7-2 on agg, against some absolute minnows.

In the second Qual. Round, I drew Newcastle. :(

I took a shock 1-0 lead, away from home in the first leg, before letting in 2 late goals, and losing 2-1. In the second leg, I was desperately hoping for a performance, and to knock out a big Prem Team. I honestly didn't think I could do it.

How little I know my players.

Wow.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of breaking news

My time on FM is become more and more limited. I really want to progress with Knockbreda, and managing 2 teams means it takes double the time to complete a season, and even longer for the updates. I have just finished my 7th Season in charge of Dungiven. (Update to come some time tomorrow, I hope).

I'm going to retire as the manager of Dungiven

However, I do want to create another powerhouse in N. Ireland, and I do want it to be Dungiven. So what I plan to do, is save the game, as 2 different files. 1 When I retire as Dungiven manager, and 1 where I don't. That way, when I get prolonged periods of time, or when I feel my Knockbreda save has come to an end, I'll carry on with this, to try to wrestle the title from Knockbreda. (And this season, I was mighty close).

Its going to be hard, initially. But in the long run, I need to do it. So yeah, please don't lock this thread, but it may slip down over the coming months :)

Dungiven Celtic FC, Season 7 [2053/2054]

To Begin...

Yes, this will be my final season here for the foreseeable future. However, I'm leaving the club in good condition. Stadium Expansion of 846 seats (Double capacity) is currently being built, and the team has just finished 2nd in the NIP. None the less, Neppo Monster has Retired.

First Team

Team Sheet

NIP - 2nd Place

Irish Cup - Quarter-Final

Irish League Cup - Quarter-Final

EURO Cup - 1st Knockout Round

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Transfers

CoEfficients

Team Sheet

The Awards

[/url]

NIP Player of the Year - Guy Davis

NIP Top Scorer -

The Player

Guy Davis - Another great season from the Striker. Now I've retired, I'll do my utmost to bring him to Knockbreda.

Summary

My best season as Dungiven manager, and one I'm proud to bow out on. I managed to get my first victory over Knockbreda, beating them 2-1, after being 1-0 down at HT. I didn't lose to any of the other big 2 teams (Linfield / Glentoran) - And even took 6 points off of each of them in the League. I only finished 8 points adrift of the title, and threw away 7 or 8 points with draws I should have won, and losses I really should have won, too. Still can't get anywhere in Europe, and 4 or 5 of my stars wouldn't sign new contracts this season, so it would have been hard, next year. However, in my 7 year stint, I think I've done the club justice, and left them in a good place, hopefully with the ability to stay in the top flight.

Archived