Peter G

Queens Park

7 posts in this topic

Quick question, i've just started as amateur side Queen's Park of Scotland. Do they ever turn professional because surely them not turning pro would hinder them being able to get into the SPL? Also, has Hampden park ever been full in a game involving them on FM09?

Start offering all your better players and staff full time contracts. Also offer them to any new signings. Your team should turn professional after the majority of the team (including reserves) and staff turn porfessional, although it might take a while.

Regarding Hampden - after many years of success you'll fill it for a club match, as many who have taken on 'small' BSN/S clubs have ended up with huge stadium expansions and filled them.

Start offering all your better players and staff full time contracts. Also offer them to any new signings. Your team should turn professional after the majority of the team (including reserves) and staff turn porfessional, although it might take a while.

That's the thing though, it only lets me offer Amateur contracts to current or new players. I have a wage budget of £0p/w

I'm pretty sure their Amateur status is hard-coded into the game i.e. you can never turn Queens Park professional.