[FM09] It Began In Africa

Charlesbeams

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A domestic clean sweep :thup: Like you said though, there's a big difference in dominating HK and dominating Asia. It's so difficult to make that step up to the ACL so i think you maybe right in looking to move if it's continental trophies you want. Still, claiming all domestic trophies is no easy feat. Look forward to seeing where you'll end up next.

It's nice to see people playing in different leagues, I've never managed anywhere other than Europe (and even then only major Leagues) so it's really interesting to read. Congratulations on the successful season and good luck in finding your next club. :thup:

Congratulations on the clean sweep.

I hope you got to "Oz" next. I've never managed there but sometimes you see ageing former premier league stars Like Robbie Fowler will go there. It will be interesting to see what sort of standard their league is. You can also get a "Ute" to travel to the matches. :)

Cheers Everyone.

After deciding to leave, i didnt want to resign until august, and i didnt have to, because i was offered a job, at a fairly decent Mexican side, and i felt it was best i went.

Beams Appointed Manager at Veracruz

Apparently they are in the North American Champions League, which is nice to start with :D, hopefully i can do well in the first season, i dont expect alot though.

First post but have been following thread for a while and enjoying.

Can I just ask how do you play the actual matches? You seem to be flying through this. My games take so much longer.

Mexico should be a great challenge, alot of equal ability teams.

Cheers.

Most of the time i just have it on commentary only, and split view with overview and the league table. I check the goals now and again though. Probably why i got through seasons so quickly.

Yeah, hoping Mexico wont be too much of a challenge though.

Probably wont be any updates until Monday or something, as i wont be at home from Friday, and ive pretty much just played FM all day every day for the last 2 weeks, going to give it a little rest until Monday.

Got an update before i go away.

taken from wikipedia

Name: Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz

Founded: 1943

Stadium: Estadio Luis "Pirata" Fuente (37,732)

Honours:

Primera Division: 1945-1946, 1949-50

Primera Division A: 2001

Mexican Cup: 1947-48

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mexican First Division: Opening Stage

Started the season right before the transfer deadline, so i hardly had any time to bring in players, i did pick up two free players though, just in time.

Season started fairly well with a few wins and only a few losses, but alot of the teams in this league are pretty similar standard. Looking back at some of the previous years, some teams come last in the Opening Stage, then win the Closing stage.

We played 17 games overall, and we are also put into groups of 6, and the top 2 teams from Group 1 qualify for a play-off, and the top 3 teams from Groups 2 and 3 also qualify for it.

I was put into Group 1, which i guess is a little harder, as only 2 of the 6 can go through.

Final Group

Final Closing Stage Table

I qualified for the play-offs, which in a way exceeded my expectations, i didnt really think i'd do that.

Quarter Final - Brilliant first game against America, unexpectedly beating them 7-3, every shot i had on target going in. Didnt win the 2nd leg, but the 1st was enough to get us through.

Semi Final - Unfortunately things didnt go the same against Tigres, who eventually went on to win the Opening Stage, finished 1-1 over the two legs, but because they were the higher seeded team, they went to the final.

December 20th

The transfer window is now open, and ive brought in about 5 new players, one of them being ex-Arsenal player Jay Emmanuel-Thomas for free.

Squad

Transfers

I need to shuffle the players around a little, and possibly sell one or two of them.

Ah Mexico next, I'll follow with interest.

I have USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina & Uruguay loaded in my save and want to have a go at some of them at some stage, once England get sick of me.

Any rules on ages or foreigners I should be aware of?

Must be quite a difference in the players ability compared to that of Hong Kong do you think?

Also, is there a difference between the type of football, formation and tatics used by AI?

Yeah, much better players here in Mexico, quite a lot of good regens aswell.

As for formations and tactics, quite varied, but the majority of teams just seem to play 4-4-2 of some sort. I honestly don't take as much notice in this, but i probably should.

Ah Mexico next, I'll follow with interest.

I have USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina & Uruguay loaded in my save and want to have a go at some of them at some stage, once England get sick of me.

Any rules on ages or foreigners I should be aware of?

In Mexico....err you have to have atleast 1 under 21 player in the starting 11. And you are allowed 5 foreigners.

Going now, back on Monday.

Im back, and didnt really play on it yesterday.

But im on it today, and im in something called Interliga, which i had no clue about. Searched on wiki for it, and still a little confused hha.

The eight qualifying teams were selected based on their combined results in the Apertura and Clausura phases of the Primera División, and divided into two groups of four, with even-numbered seeds in one group and odd-numbered seeds in the other. Each group was conducted as a single round-robin league. In order to assure a more neutral environment, and to take advantage of a large and relatively well-off pool of Mexican football fans, all matches were held in the United States in California and Texas, two states with large Mexican populations. The winners of each group then played in a final for one of the two Libertadores berths. The loser of the final had a second chance to earn the other berth, as it would compete in a play-in game against the winner of a match against the two second-place finishers from each group.
basically, i think its my way into the Copa Libertadores.

I came 2nd in my group, and play in a play-off now, then play the loser of the final, if i win.

Lost in the play-off.

• 3 months later...

Archived