Help with 2014 FIFA World Cup

krlenjushka

I make 2014 FIFA World Cup file and have problem with group schedule. I have right teams in groups and fixtures are good but game replace 1st and 2nd game of fixture. For example first match in group A should play Brazil and Croatia and 2nd Cameroon and Mexico. Nowever game often replace that 2. I tried almost everything in advanced panel and cant find solution. If somebody know anything about this please let me know :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

same problem like in euro 2012 file. i think i made everything right but game replace 1st and 2nd game of the fixture. i cant set stadium because of that. maybe i should make whole system again. maybe i can't see forest for the trees :)

krlenjushka, date match id1 on 11 June and id2 on 12 like there: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/796321129709671154/7413C062AB48DAAD4C3FB9976A94CDD9DDC5310C/

i dont think this is solution. game replace 1st and 2nd game in almost every fixture in all groups. i guess its some problem with teams order or fixture order settings

very good job krlenjushka! I want to make a few question..

1.wich day we have to start the game to make this file work?

2.does this file affect the future world cups?(for example qualifying phase,host nation etc)

3. is there any possibility to crash the game?

also some nation competitions are missing(copa america,EURO, etc) :(

thanks dude!very good work!!!

1.Start game with Sweden in february 2014 so you dont need to wait 1 year.

2.You cant play any other competition. this is only for World Cup 2014.

3.This is not official release so i dont know but i dont think so

However i have some idea for my fixture problem and i will try to solve it today

is the file now working correctly now.....don't mind if the group fixture are not as they should be as long as the rounds are being played(quarter finals were showing up as bye etc) / and other comps were missing???thanks for your work once again

Excellent!

Is it possible in the editor to change the date of the 23-man squad announcement from May 25th to June 2nd, which I believe is the date for this year's World Cup? It's a pet-peeve of mine that you can name a 30-man squad but not play a friendly until after you name your 23.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know how to do this for FM 2012? I'm not too fond of the actual Cup at the moment, but the beauty of FM is that there's none of the ugly side of football present tarnishing the cup. It's not even called FIFA World Cup, heh. Might be fun to play around with this and escape into the fantasy realm where reality proves so stupid.

SI themselves evidently put up a Cup themselves, and for Euro 2012 I got an xml file from a community site that puts in all the right groups and schedules (but not the right squads, and I never got Rooney to get suspended for the first games, for instance), but I don't know how to put up one like that for the WC 2014 myself.

Trying to create a Cup myself, I went into the editor and first tried to enter all the participating teams manually under the team tabs and "registered for next season" tabs of the World Cup. Alas, the qualifying process would still overwrite what I had entered as teams. When I deleted the continental qualifying competitions in an attempt to nullify qualifying and load the file up into a new save, there is no World Cup in the game at all anymore. It's completely gone, not only the continental qualifying competitions. Naturally, none of this would result in the correct groups entering the competition, as by December 2013 it is the groups then drawn each save anew.

Here's SI doing the thing: http://sport.uk.msn.com/world-cup-2014/trivia/football-manager-expects-england-to-suffer-world-cup-heartbreak-400467

Shame they never released any quick saves even back then when licensing was less of an issue. In general I think the value of scenario modes of play rather than the typical career saves is vastly underrated by SI. The possibilities would be endless, from re-creating real-world football scenarios of running seasons to predicting tournaments or individual matches, but neither the editing tools nor the official support is there. I reckon editing was improved for FM 2014 though.

you can do this on fm2012 also. i made EURO 2012 file for fm12 without problems. just look at my file and copy everything

You are my hero, this works flawlessly with FM 2012 just as well. :) The catch is, of course, that this is then played with player data from more than two years ago (official SI database). Simulated this on full details for fun. Brazil were knocked out in the group stages with four points, with Falcao not injured Colombia reached the final after knocking out Germany in the semis (with a bit of luck, judging by the statistics) , Argentina won.

KAtwgT9.png

Yup pretty easy stuff. Be sure to load it into your save if you start though. You'll get to the Cup the quickest if you load up Sweden for instance, as that will grant you a starting point in February 2014.

I have no idea how you lot create those xml files, it is obvious that via the official editor up until FM 2014 anyhow this simply isn't doable. It is also obvious that this is a bit of a pain in the butt, as for all the real groups there isn't a 100% faithful recreation of the actual scheduling of matches (which is no criticism of the providers of such files!).

Speaking of which, I have to repeat this is something hugely neglected by SI, a truly scenario and competition editor. Ideally you'd be easily able to create a tournament of your own, and load that up as your main competition. Likewise, there's so much the game could do by SI granting you powerful editing tools, such as recreating real-football league scenarios, including all the league points, the players injured at that time of the competition you want to recreate, teams' morale, etc. This could spawn an entire new style of playing besides the typical career saves; and from what I've seen the scenario modes for FMC firstly aren't anywhere there yet and secondly they're only for FMC exclusively.

I can't imagine the editing tools are restricted this much because of licensing issues, as otherwise you wouldn't be able to edit all the badges, logos and kits into the game that aren't officially licensed at all and that then feature very very prominently.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've done a savegame with the real 23-man rosters for the 32 teams !

The savegame begins on 12 June, so it's perfect : you can play with any team you want (even Japan, Netherlands or Germany) against the real teams and try to change the course of the World Cup or recreate it !

But you can't change your roster, so it's a bit of a problem if you want Donovan for the USA, Nasri for France, or Rossi for Italia.

There's just a few mistakes : 4 players are missing from FM database (2 from Honduras, the 3rd keeper of Ivory Coast and 1 from Cameroun) and we couldn't reinstate Oscar Tabarez in charge of the uruguayan team. Also, Louis van Gaal's name is Jan Jansen. But that's it !

I will upload it tomorrow or saturday, I don't know yet (I'm running some final tests). I'll keep you updated.

So, I've done a savegame with the real 23-man rosters for the 32 teams !

The savegame begins on 12 June, so it's perfect : you can play with any team you want (even Japan, Netherlands or Germany) against the real teams and try to change the course of the World Cup or recreate it !

But you can't change your roster, so it's a bit of a problem if you want Donovan for the USA, Nasri for France, or Rossi for Italia.

There's just a few mistakes : 4 players are missing from FM database (2 from Honduras, the 3rd keeper of Ivory Coast and 1 from Cameroun) and we couldn't reinstate Oscar Tabarez in charge of the uruguayan team. Also, Louis van Gaal's name is Jan Jansen. But that's it !

I will upload it tomorrow or saturday, I don't know yet (I'm running some final tests). I'll keep you updated.

sounds good.....van gaal is easily resolved download real name fix on sortitoutsi website

Yeah i know but it's too late... I would have to redo all from the beginning (it's not an update ; it's a savegame) : several hours of work so, sorry ! I don't have the will to do it again !

i am new to the forum and the game. i love this idea of the world cup setup. i have it in the editor data folder. do i have to go in editor and do something with it. or start a new game? i dont see the file when i go into the editor.

welcome to forums....when you start a new game you will have the choose a database box appear, you will see editor data files (it should be set to "ALL''..change that to custom and select edit to continue, you will then go to page that shows you all the edited files you have you can select/deselect as you wish)...........to view the file in the editor load database as normal then click on file, a menu opens select load editor data(if you have put the file in the right place) select which edited file you want

welcome to forums....when you start a new game you will have the choose a database box appear, you will see editor data files (it should be set to "ALL''..change that to custom and select edit to continue, you will then go to page that shows you all the edited files you have you can select/deselect as you wish)...........to view the file in the editor load database as normal then click on file, a menu opens select load editor data(if you have put the file in the right place) select which edited file you want

i must be doing something wrong. i have the xml file in the editor data folder but cant see it in the game nor the editor. not sure what i did?

got issues in 2015 just noticed no UEFA European Championship international qualifiers getting played??? nations have only played friendlies since the world cup 2014 this is possibly the issue as I have no other edited files related to international tournaments, anyone else getting problems

1.Start game with Sweden in february 2014 so you dont need to wait 1 year.

2.You cant play any other competition. this is only for World Cup 2014.

3.This is not official release so i dont know but i dont think so

However i have some idea for my fixture problem and i will try to solve it today

The second point says the trouble. NO other tournament can be played ????? So this file messes up the entire game after the WC 2014 ?

OR am I wrong ????

Archived