No Camels, No Bloody Vodka, just a God Damn Career in Football Management

mark wilson27

Using FM08 with no update. Using a medium database with English League Two above, French National above, Italy Serie B above and Spain Liga BBVA.

This is my first serious attempt at doing a career save so will see how it goes. The story could last a short time or ages depending on how I feel with the game

July 7th 2007: After a successful career in the game I decided it was time to hang up the predator boots and go into the stress of being a manager. I may be known well across the International stage but that will mean nothing to some of the Chairmen. The search begins

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 17th: After applying for the Carlisle job I received a call from the Chairman to let me know that Joe Royle has been chosen as the new manager.

August 1st: Still nothing happening on the job front with no managers being sacked. I declared my interest in the several jobs but as of yet noone has come back to me

September 1st: Another month gone by and still nothing on the job front. Several managers are now looking precarious, I stated my interest in the Derby County job and the Nottingham Forest job.

October 8th: Finally a manager gets sacked as the Nottingham Forest manager was sacked after a poor run of form. I applied for the job immediately

October 15th: I finally got the call I was waiting for as the Nottingham Forest chairman gave me the nod to take over the reigns at the Forest. I’ve been given a three year contract worth £3,000p/w

We are currently standing 5th in the Coca Cola League One

Nottingham Forest Squad:

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name           | Position  | Morale    | Form       | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Shane Redmond  | GK        | Very Good | 6-6-7      | 98%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Paul Smith     | GK        | Okay      | 6-6-7-6-7  | 100%   | 15     | -      | 6.60   | 
| -      | Yel    | Luke Chambers  | D RC      | Okay      | 5-6-5-6-5  | 98%    | 15     | -      | 5.93   | 
| -      |        | Kelvin Wilson  | D RC      | Poor      | 7-7-8-6-7  | 93%    | 15     | -      | 6.53   | 
| -      |        | James Perch    | D R, DM   | Poor      | 6-6-6-5-6  | 99%    | 0 (4)  | 1      | 6.00   | 
| -      |        | Ian Breckin    | D C       | Good      | 6-8-8-7-7  | 97%    | 15     | 2      | 6.80   | 
| -      |        | Wes Morgan     | D C       | Okay      | 6-8-5-6-7  | 99%    | 0 (2)  | -      | 5.50   | 
| -      |        | Matt Lockwood  | D/WB L    | Good      | 6-6-6-8-5  | 99%    | 0 (2)  | -      | 6.00   | 
| -      |        | Neil Lennon    | DM        | Okay      | 6-7-7-6-6  | 99%    | 6      | 1      | 6.83   | 
| -      | Int    | Sammy Clingan  | M C       | Okay      | 6-7-8-7-7  | 98%    | 15     | 1      | 6.80   | 
| -      |        | Lewis McGugan  | M C       | Poor      | 7-6-6-6-6  | 98%    | 11 (1) | -      | 6.50   | 
| -      |        | Arron Davies   | AM RL, ST | Good      | 6-8-7-5-7  | 99%    | 14     | 3      | 6.64   | 
| -      |        | Felix Bastians | AM L      | Okay      | 5-6-6-5-6  | 92%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| -      |        | Chris Cohen    | AM LC     | Okay      | 6-6-8-5-6  | 99%    | 8 (1)  | -      | 6.67   | 
| -      |        | Kris Commons   | AM LC     | Poor      | 6-7-6-5-6  | 96%    | 13     | 1      | 6.15   | 
| -      |        | David Brown    | ST        | Good      | 8-9-8-10-7 | 99%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| -      | Yel    | Scott Dobie    | ST        | Okay      | 6-8-7-7-8  | 98%    | 15     | 8      | 7.33   | 
| -      | Yel    | Grant Holt     | ST        | Okay      | 6-9-8-6-7  | 99%    | 9 (2)  | 5      | 7.18   | 
| -      |        | Nathan Tyson   | ST        | Okay      | 7-7-9-7-9  | 99%    | 8 (2)  | 6      | 7.30   | 

After looking over the squad I knew I needed a few players to give us plenty of depth in the squad but with transfer funds low I knew most of them would have to be loanees

October 17th: Leeds United v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (11/46)

I didn’t have to wait for my first competitive game and unfortunately we didn’t start to well as within five minutes Leeds had the first chance with a long ball over the top being volleyed towards goal but luckily for us the ball was tipped wide of the post by P.Smith. Leeds were controlling much of the opening exchanges of the game and on the 19th minute we conceded the first goal as J.Beckford showed his pace to beat I.Breckin to the ball and fire the ball under the body of P.Smith. We weren’t getting near the ball as Leeds dominated with ease and on the half hour they managed to double there lead as L.Constantine was quickest to react to a loose ball to tap in past the keeper. However we reacted well to the goal and two minutes later we had pulled a goal back as S.Dobie fired in a daisy cutter from the edge of the area to beat the Leeds keeper and give us some hope in the game.

The second half was alittle better for us as my players started to get hold of the ball alot more. On the 59th minute we had the chance to grab the equaliser as N.Lennon barged his way through the defence to fire the ball towards goal but his effort was easily saved by the Leeds keeper. On the 75th minute it was Leeds turn to test us with another long range effort which was diverted wide of the post by the boot of K.Wilson. There was one more goal in the game as with three minutes left on the clock we grabbed the equaliser as A.Davies headed into the net after a great cross by N.Lennon, to give me a point in my first game

Leeds United 2 J.Beckford 19, L.Constantine 30

Nottingham Forest 2 S.Dobie 32, A.Davies 87

I think I also played as Forest on 2008. It might have been 2007 - I can't remember. Those names certainly seem familiar anyway. I took them up to The Championship and then had a bad start the following season, so I quit. Tyson scored a lot of goals for me but I sold him to Middlesbrough for £5million the summer after promotion, and I think that proved a bad move.

Enough of my trip down memory lane. Good luck with your own version.

Okay, votes for Mark to fix his FM10 installation, patch it up, download all African leagues available and start a career in the Morocco leagues, moving across the Sahara (riding a camel, of course) towards the East to end in Egypt? :D

In the meantime, I'll follow this one. Forest is one of my favourite English teams, so get them winning!

Saxon as Gav says I'm on FM08 so shouldn't be any problems. I'm three seasons in playing wise so I've got a bit of a story to tell

October 20th: Carlisle v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (12/46)

Again my players started poorly as Carlisle piled forward into my area and on the 12th minute we came close to losing the first goal but a great save by P.Smith denied them the chance to score. Ten minutes later they had another chance with some poor defending by W.Morgan saw the attack into the area but yet again the keeper was on hand to block the effort. We were being outplayed again and on the 38th minute we went a goal down as J.Garner rose highest to nod the ball past P.Smith. I was getting frustrated with the lack of effort by my players.

The second half wasn’t much better as Carlisle continued to dominate and on the hour we again had P.Smith to thank as saved well from a long range effort from the edge of the area. However nine minutes later we came close to losing another goal as the Carlisle attack piled forward but the ball was well saved, from the resulting kick out S.Dobie controlled the ball and fired the ball past the keeper with ease. The goal seemed to lift my players and we began to get hold of the ball more. On the 73rd minute we had our next chance to score as S.Dobie again came close with a powerful effort. Five minutes later the winning goal was scored as N.Tyson showed great skill to beat his marker and fire into the net to give me all three points, despite being outplayed for much of the game

Carlisle 1 J.Garner 38

Nottingham Forest 2 S.Dobie 69, N.Tyson 78

October 21st: I made my first three signings as I welcomed three loanees to the club as Kieran Lee and Febian Brandy join us on a three month loan from Manchester United. The loanee is Tomasz Cywka who joins us from Wigan on a three month loan

October 27th: Swindon v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (13/46)

The first half started poorly as within two minutes we were reduced to ten men after N.Lennon was sent off for a professional foul in the area. H.Aljofree stepped up for the resulting penalty and fired in a thunderous penalty past P.Smith to give Swindon the lead. With ten men we struggled to get going and on the 21st minute Swindon came close to grabbing a second goal after my defence were caught napping but luckily for us the attacker couldn’t hit the target and it went wide of the post. On the 38th minute we had our first real chance of the game as N.Tyson ran into the Swindon area but his effort was well saved by the Swindon keeper.

During the interval I told the players I wanted alot more from them.

The second half started poorly again for us as Swindon piled forward at every chance and on the 54th minute they had the chance to score a second with a thunderous effort which had P.Smith scrambling across his area to send the ball just wide. On the 59th minute the next goal was scored as L.Peacock rose highest to nod the ball past P.Smith who was looking bewildered. However after the goal my players finally decided to pull there fingers out and on the 68th minute we managed to pull a goal back as loanee T.Cywka fired in a daisy cutter from the edge of the area. Ten minutes later we should of grabbed the equaliser but F.Brandy couldn’t finish a great team move as the ball went wide of the upright. There was one final chance of the game as on the 89th minute we had the chance with a free kick after B.Paynter was sent off for a second yellow card. K.Commons stepped up for the free kick but his powerful effort rattled the upright and we lost the game.

Swindon 2 H.Aljofree pen 2, L.Peacock 59

Nottingham Forest 1 T.Cywka 68

October 29th: The draw for the FA Cup 1st Round has taken place and we have been drawn away to non league Salisbury

November 3rd: Nottingham Forest v Hartlepool: Coca Cola League One (14/46)

We started the better but it took till the 23rd minute for the first real effort of the game as S.Dobie ran into the area but his final effort was well saved by the Hartlepool keeper, Ten minutes later it was Hartlepools turn to come close as a long range effort from the attacker went just over the crossbar after beating my keeper easily. On the 36th minute we had our next chance as K.Commons fired in a curling effort from the corner of the area but his effort was tipped just over by the Hartlepool keeper, from the resulting corner we fluffed the chance of scoring as T.Cywka headed just wide of the post when it was easier to score. On the 40th minute we finally got the first goal we deserved as C.Cohen crossed in a great effort from the far wing for F.Brandy to run into the area and head past the Hartlepool keeper.

The second half was much the same as we controlled alot of the play. On the 55th minute we had the next chance to score as A.Davies fired in from the edge of the area but yet again the Hartlepool keeper was on hand to block the effort. Hartlepool weren’t getting near the ball and on the 79th minute we finally killed the game off as F.Brandy powered in a great shot from 20 yards to give us a good three points

Nottingham Forest 2 F.Brandy 40, 79

Hartlepool 0

The League table will be done after 20 games Terrier

November 6th: Oldham v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (15/46)

A great start saw us a goal up within nine minutes as F.Brandy played a good one two with S.Dobie to fire the ball under the Oldham keeper and send the away fans wild. On the 17th minute we had the next chance of the game as S.Dobie ran into the area but his effort went just wide of the post after being diverted by the Oldham defence. We were having the best of the game and on the 29th minute we had another chance with F.Brandy coming close from the edge of the area after the Oldham defence kept on backing off him. Oldham finally had there first effort with two minutes remaining on the clock as they intercepted a poor clearance by P.Smith but luckily for him I.Breckin was on hand to block the effort.

The second half in truth was pretty dire as we struggled to get going after a good first half. We only had the one chance in the second half as F.Brandy again showed his pace with a storming run from the half way line but his final effort went wide of the post. On the 77th minute Oldham had the chance to grab the equaliser after K.Lee fouled in the area to give Oldham a penalty. The attack stepped up for the kick and fired towards goal but P.Smith was there to tip the penalty wide of the post.

Oldham 0

Nottingham Forest 1 F.Brandy 9

November 10th: Salisbury v Nottingham Forest: FA Cup 1st Round

Within a minute of the start we had our first chance as N.Tyson ran into the area but his effort was hit wide of the post. Three minutes later we had another chance as N.Tyson again showed his pace to beat his marker but yet again his final effort wasn’t up to the task and it went wide again. We were all over the non leaguers and on the 11th minute we had another chance with a storming effort from S.Dobie but the Salisbury keeper was on hand to block the effort. On the 21st minute we finally grabbed the opener as N.Tyson fired in from the edge of the area but his effort was blocked by the keeper and S.Dobie followed up and slid the loose ball into the net. Ten minutes later we had another chance as N.Tyson went in for a header but before he could get his head on it the keeper caught the ball and took N.Tyson with him. N.Tyson had to replaced after the physio couldn’t stop the bleeding from his nose. F.Brandy came on for him and came close to making an immediate impact as he fired in from 20 yards but his effort took a deflection off a player and went wide

The second half was pretty much the same as we dominated much of the play. On the hour we had our next chance as S.Dobie fired in a powerful effort from 15 yards but his shot was smothered by the Salisbury keeper. Six minutes later though we let ourselves down as some woeful defending by the centre backs saw L.Oliver run into the area and fire in the equaliser. After the goal my players struggled to get going and the game petered out to a 1-1 draw meaning we had to face them again in a replay

Salisbury 1 L.Oliver 66

Nottingham Forest 1 S.Dobie 21

Injury news: N.Tyson will be missing for around a fortnight after breaking his nose

November 12th: The draw for the FA Cup 2nd Round has seen us drawn away to Brentford

November 13th: Swansea v Nottingham Forest: Johnstones Paint Trophy South ¼ Final

We started brilliantly as on the first minute we went a goal up as F.Brandy showed why I signed him with a great run into the area and an even better finish saw the ball fly into the net. However after the goal the game seemed to fall flat. It took till the 34th minute for the next chance as Swansea ran past my defence to be one on one with P.Smith who stood tall and blocked the effort with ease.

During the interval I told the players they needed to get out there and start playing.

The second half started as well as the first as two minutes after the restart we grabbed a second goal as C.Holt rose highest to nod the ball into the net from a K.Commons cross. Ten minutes later we had our next chance as C.Holt again came close to scoring with a powerful low shot which clipped the outside of the upright. Swansea then had there next chance with a curling effort from the corner of the area but the ball beat my keeper aswell as the crossbar to go out. On the 72nd minute the next goal was scored as F.Brandy finished off a great team move which involved virtually all our players. Swansea though weren’t giving up and on the 85th minute they pulled a goal back as D.Cano tapped in a loose ball after P.Smith failed to deal with a long range effort. A minute later though we regained our two goal advantage as F.Brandy completed his hat trick after he bravely ran into the area and heading the ball past the Swansea keeper from an A.Davies cross. On the 88th minute the next goal was scored as C.Holt showed great vision to cheekily chip the keeper from just inside the area to give him his second goal of the game. There was one final goal in the game as deep into injury time we grabbed goal number six as C.Holt completed his hat trick with a perfectly placed effort from just inside the area, to give me my first big win to brag about

Swansea 1 D.Cano 85

Nottingham Forest 6 F.Brandy 1, 72, 86, C.Holt 47, 88, 90+2

November 16th: The draw for the Johnstones Paint Trophy South Semi Final has taken place and we have been drawn away with Bournemouth

November 24th: Nottingham Forest v Salisbury: FA Cup 1st Round Replay

A great start saw us go a goal up within a minute as F.Brandy showed his pace to outpace his marker to the ball and fire into the net. Five minutes later we had another chance as L.McGugan tried a long range effort but the ball was blocked by the defence. We were in control of the game and on the 20th minute we grabbed the second goal as K.Commons ran into the area to nod in an A.Davies cross. Three minutes later it got even better as F.Brandy grabbed his second of the game with a fine effort from just inside the corner of the area. Salisbury weren’t getting anything out of the game as they struggled to get more than a couple of touches of the ball at once. We piled forward and on the 42nd minute we grabbed goal number four as K.Commons fired in a free kick after F.Brandy was fouled 25 yards out.

The second half wasn’t much better for Salisbury as we continued to dominate, however for all our domination we seemed to struggle to get into the Salisbury area On the 71st minute there day went from bad to worse as they were reduced to ten men after L.Oliver was sent off for a second yellow card.

Nottingham Forest 4 F.Brandy 1, 23, K.Commons 20, 42

Salisbury 0

November 28th: Nottingham Forest v Crewe: Coca Cola League One (16/46)

We struggled to get going in this game and on the 19th minute we came close to losing the first goal as Crewe piled into the area but the ball was stopped with a fine save from P.Smith. Ten minutes later he was called upon again as my defence just let the opposition through with far too much ease. It was becoming too easy for the Crewe players as they ran amok of my defence. Just before the half time whistle they had another chance to score but yet again the attack was thwarted with a fine save by P.Smith.

During the interval I went mad at the players and told them I wanted alot more from them.

The second half though wasn’t any better as Crewe continued to control the play. On the 56th minute they had another chance to score with what should of been a simple tap in but the attacker somehow managed to send the ball wide of the post. It was getting ridiculous and on the hour the deadlock was finally broken as N.Maynard fired in from just inside the area. I was furious with the lack of effort from my players and just before the end of the game we came close to losing another goal but the final effort wasn’t good enough and the ball went over the crossbar.

After the game I went mad at the players and told them I was far from happy with the performance and that I would not be accepting another performance like that again

Nottingham Forest 0

Crewe 1 N.Maynard 60

• 2 weeks later...

December 1st: Brentford v Nottingham Forest: FA Cup 2nd Round

The poor performance from the previous game carried on as we struggled with the basics of the game . Luckily for us Brentford were just as bad. The fans might aswell have stayed at home it was that boring and during the interval I again reminded the players that fans had travelled to come and see them play.

The second half wasn’t much better as we again couldn’t get going and as the clock ticked by the fans were getting restless. However despite the fans urging us forward we couldn’t do it and ended up finishing the game as a dire 0-0 draw

Brentford 0

Nottingham Forest 0

December 3rd: The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Round has taken place and we have been drawn away to Sheffield Wednesday, that’s if we can beat Brentford in the replay

December 4th; Nottingham Forest v Walsall: Coca Cola League One (17/46)

It was good to get back to League action after the poor performance in the FA Cup. We started the better and it wasn’t long till we had our first chance as F.Brandy sprinted into the area to nod towards goal but his effort was tipped acrobatically over the crossbar. On the 33rd minute we had our next chance as S.Dobie tested the keeper from the edge of the area but his effort again was well saved by the keeper. However with three minutes remaining in the half we took the lead as S.Dobie ran through the defence with ease and fired past the Walsall keeper. It got even better on the stroke of half time as S.Dobie did exactly the same as he made it 2-0 going into the break

The second half started pretty much the same as we continued to pile forward and on the 65th minute we had the next chance to score as T.Cywka fired towards goal but his effort went wide of the post. Eight minutes later though we let ourselves down as M.Butler showed some skill to get past my defence and with a swing of his boot the ball flew past the keeper and into the net. On the 83rd minute we had the chance to regain our two goal advantage but the effort was again well saved by the keeper. Our lack of finishing cost us in the end as on the 90th minute we conceded the equaliser as F.Campbell curled in a great effort from the edge of the effort. I wasn’t best pleased with the way my team failed to kill off Walsall.

Nottingham Forest 2 S.Dobie 42, 45

Walsall 2 M.Butler 73, F.Campbell 90

December 8th: Millwall v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (18/46)

We again started the better and on the 9th minute we had the first chance with N.Tyson testing the keeper from the edge of the area but the keeper up too the task and save the ball well. Five minutes later we had another chance as S.Dobie headed just wide of the post from K.Commons cross. We were in complete control of the game and on the 25th minute we had yet another chance with a thunderous effort from N.Tyson but his effort was again well saved. Six minutes later though we again shot ourselves in the foot as a reckless tackle by W.Morgan saw Millwall awarded a penalty. Z.Whitbread stepped up for the kick and fired into the corner of the net but P.Smith managed to tip the ball round the post.

During the interval I told my players they needed to be alittle more lethal in front of the net.

The second half was the same as the first as we continued to press forward and just after the hour we went into the lead as a long ball over the top was volleyed home by L.McGugan to give us the deserved lead. Millwall weren’t getting near the ball and on the 83rd minute we grabbed the second and killer goal as F.Brandy tapped in a loose ball after the Millwall keeper spilt N.Tyson effort

Millwall 0

Nottingham Forest 2 L.McGugan 62, F.Brandy 83

December 12th: Nottingham Forest v Brentford: FA Cup 2nd Round Replay

With the chance to face Sheffield Wednesday in the third round I told my players they needed to up there game. In truth the first half was pretty dire as we couldn’t get past the Brentford defence. However we did have one chance in the half as S.Dobie ran past his marker but his finishing wasn’t up to scratch and the ball went wide of the post.

The second half wasn’t much better as we struggled to get any sort of move together. It was however Brentford who had the only real chance of the half as my defence failed to clear the ball, but luckily for my defence P.Smith save the day with a stunning save. On the stroke of full time we had our final chance to score but the long range effort by K.Commons was well saved and the game went to extra time.

The first half of extra time was like the rest of the game pretty dire and it went past with little action. However the second half started with a bang as Brentford were reduced to nine men after Binnion was sent off for a two footed lunge on L.McGugan, and the second red card went to Mousinho after receiving a second yellow card for dissent. With Brentford reduced to nine men they piled everyone back and the game went to the lottery of penalties

We won the toss and went first in the kick.

M.Lockwood was our first taker and wasted no time in powering the ball past the keeper (1-0)

L.Thorpe was up for Brentford and he fired towards goal but his effort screwed wide of the post (1-0)

K.Commons was the next player up for the kick and slid the ball coolly into the bottom corner of the net (2-0)

K.O’Conner stepped up for Brentford and again fired the ball towards goal but yet again the ball screwed wide of the post (2-0)

L.McGugan was my next player to step up fired into the top corner of the net to beat the keeper (3-0)

R.Shakes knew he had to score to keep Brentford in the tie and with a powerful hit he fired it towards goal but P.Smith managed to block the effort and we were through to the next round (3-0)

Nottingham Forest 0

Brentford 0

We will be facing an away tie with Sheffield Wednesday after beating Brentford 3-0 on penalties

December 15th: Nottingham Forest v Swansea: Coca Cola League One (19/46)

We were the better team throughout the game and on the 15th minute we opened the scoring as F.Brandy ran past his marker to fire a powerful effort into the net. Soon after we had the next chance as T.Cywka came close with a long range effort but his shot was well saved by the Swansea keeper. However on the 33rd minute we had a slip in concentration as J.Scotland bravely headed the ball into the net to grab the equaliser for Swansea

The second half was all us as we piled into the area at every chance and on the hour we came close again with F.Brandy hitting the crossbar from six yards when he really should of put the ball into the net. On the 78th minute we retook the lead as L.McGugan rattled the ball in off the upright after turning the Swansea defence with ease. Swansea offered little threat to my defence and on deep into injury time we grabbed the killer goal with A.Davies skipping through the defence and sliding the ball round the keepers outstretched arm to give us a convincing 3-1 victory

Nottingham Forest 3 F.Brandy 15, L.McGugan 78, A.Davies 90+4

Swansea 1 J.Scotland 33

By the look of it they don't Archie, all the better for my lot then

December 19th: Leyton Orient v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (20/46)

We started poorly and on the 11th minute we went a goal down as A.Boyd fired in a long range effort which beat my keeper with ease. Nine minutes later though we had the chance of an equaliser as F.Brandy showed his pace to run into the area but his end product wasn’t up to scratch and the ball went wide of the post. The game was becoming very open and on the 36th minute Orient again came close with what should of been a simple tap in but the attacker managed to scuff the ball wide of the post. On the 43rd minute Orient scored again but this time they managed to put the ball into my teams net as J.Ibehre sliced a clearance past his own keeper.

The second half was pretty entertaining for the fans as both teams went for it. However the fans had to wait till the 69th minute as S.Dobie rose highest to nod the ball into the net past the keeper to give us the lead. It got even better nine minutes later as W.Morgan sprinted up field from the defence to play a one two with T.Cywka and fire to make it 3-1. Orient didn’t give up though as they tried everything to get back into the game and deep into injury time they managed to pull a goal back as J.Ibehre fired into the correct net to make the final score 3-2

Leyton Orient 2 A.Boyd 11, J.Ibehre 90+2

Nottingham Forest 3 J.Ibehre og 43, S.Dobie 69, W.Morgan 78

Coca Cola League One: 20 Games in

| Pos                           | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 1st                           |       | NOTTM FOREST   |       | 20    | 11    | 4     | 5     | 35    | 22    | +13   | 37    | [/b]
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd                           |       | Swansea        |       | 20    | 10    | 4     | 6     | 35    | 25    | +10   | 34    | 
| 3rd                           |       | Doncaster      |       | 20    | 10    | 4     | 6     | 28    | 21    | +7    | 34    | 
| 4th                           |       | Port Vale      |       | 20    | 9     | 5     | 6     | 29    | 25    | +4    | 32    | 
| 5th                           |       | Southend       |       | 20    | 8     | 7     | 5     | 31    | 23    | +8    | 31    | 
| 6th                           |       | Crewe          |       | 20    | 9     | 4     | 7     | 27    | 25    | +2    | 31    | 
| 7th                           |       | Oldham         |       | 20    | 8     | 6     | 6     | 33    | 24    | +9    | 30    | 
| 8th                           |       | Yeovil         |       | 20    | 9     | 3     | 8     | 29    | 29    | 0     | 30    | 
| 9th                           |       | Huddersfield   |       | 20    | 8     | 6     | 6     | 29    | 31    | -2    | 30    | 
| 10th                          |       | Leeds          |       | 20    | 13    | 4     | 3     | 42    | 23    | +19   | 28    | 
| 11th                          |       | Walsall        |       | 20    | 6     | 10    | 4     | 29    | 22    | +7    | 28    | 
| 12th                          |       | Millwall       |       | 20    | 8     | 3     | 9     | 28    | 31    | -3    | 27    | 
| 13th                          |       | Tranmere       |       | 20    | 6     | 8     | 6     | 29    | 27    | +2    | 26    | 
| 14th                          |       | Hartlepool     |       | 20    | 7     | 5     | 8     | 24    | 31    | -7    | 26    | 
| 15th                          |       | Bristol Rovers |       | 20    | 6     | 7     | 7     | 31    | 32    | -1    | 25    | 
| 16th                          |       | Gillingham     |       | 20    | 6     | 7     | 7     | 27    | 31    | -4    | 25    | 
| 17th                          |       | Brighton       |       | 20    | 6     | 6     | 8     | 30    | 31    | -1    | 24    | 
| 18th                          |       | Northampton    |       | 20    | 6     | 5     | 9     | 20    | 27    | -7    | 23    | 
| 19th                          |       | Cheltenham     |       | 20    | 6     | 5     | 9     | 22    | 30    | -8    | 23    | 
| 20th                          |       | Leyton Orient  |       | 20    | 6     | 4     | 10    | 28    | 37    | -9    | 22    | 
| 21st                          |       | Swindon        |       | 20    | 5     | 6     | 9     | 25    | 33    | -8    | 21    | 
| 22nd                          |       | Carlisle       |       | 20    | 4     | 8     | 8     | 23    | 26    | -3    | 20    | 
| 23rd                          |       | Bournemouth    |       | 20    | 5     | 5     | 10    | 18    | 29    | -11   | 20    | 
| 24th                          |       | Luton          |       | 20    | 2     | 6     | 12    | 18    | 35    | -17   | 12    | 
| 15 points deducted from Leeds |       |                |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

December 22nd: Gillingham v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (21/46)

The first half was pretty poor as both sets of players never really went for it. The general play was dire but there was there was only chance in the half as Gillingham came close to grabbing a goal but the effort was well saved by P.Smith who saved well.

The second half was just as bad in truth as yet again neither my team or the Gillingham team went for it. However on the 76th minute they first goal was scored as L.McGugan showed great vision to see the Gillingham keeper off his line and he lobbed the keeper from just outside the area. However our joy didn’t last long as on the 80th minute we conceded the equaliser as D.Graham headed into the net after by defence was caught ball watching. A share of the points is a fair result as we didn’t deserve more than a point from the game

Gillingham 1 D.Graham 80

Nottingham Forest 1 L.McGugan 76

December 23rd: I have been linked with the Portsmouth job after Harry Redknapp was sacked. I told the press that at the moment I wasn’t interested in the job and wanted to see how the season progressed with Nottingham Forest

December 26th: Nottingham Forest v Luton: Coca Cola League One (22/46)

A real poor game for the fans. There was nothing of interest in the first half as we struggled to get going at all.

The second half wasn’t much better as neither my team or the Luton players did anything to threaten any of the goals. The only thing of interest in the second half was Luton’s S.Ford being sent off for a second bookable offence on the 71st minute

Nottingham Forest 0

Luton 0

December 26th: Southend v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (23/46)

This game was alot better than the previous game as we actually started to play the game of football. On the 25th minute we had the first chance of the game as F.Brandy jumped highest to nod the ball towards goal from a K.Commons cross but the ball was well saved by the Southend keeper. Soon after though we grabbed the lead as A.Davies hit a powerful effort from the edge of the area to give the keeper no chance of saving it. Southend weren’t getting near the ball and on the 29th minute we had the next chance as a long ball over the top was volleyed towards goal by S.Dobie but the effort wasn’t good enough and the ball went wide of the post.

The second half was only four minutes old when we grabbed a second goal as S.Dobie showed his pace to round the keeper and fire into an empty net. It got even better as six minutes later we grabbed a third goal with K.Commons getting reward for a great performance with a goal. Southend had no answer to our dominance and just before the end of the game we had our final chance as S.Dobie tried to grab his second of the game but the Southend keeper managed to block his effort

Southend 0

Nottingham Forest 3 A.Davies 20, S.Dobie 49, K.Commons 55

January 1st 2008: Nottingham Forest v Bristol Rovers: Coca Cola League One (24/46)

We didn’t get going in the first half as Rovers controlled much of the play and on the 20th minute we went a goal down as M.Christie barged his way through my defence and fire under my keeper who stood no chance in saving it. On the 35th minute we again came close to losing a goal but this time the ball was well saved by P.Smith. Just before the break they had the final chance of the game with a long range effort which was watched over the crossbar by my keeper.

The second half started alittle better for us as we controlled alot of the opening play and just before the hour we grabbed the equaliser as K.Commons fired in from just outside the area. However after the goal we reverted back to how we played in the first half and Rovers started to dominate. Luckily for us they couldn’t transform there dominance into goals and we managed to get away with a share of the points.

Nottingham Forest 1 K.Commons 58

Bristol Rovers 1 M.Christie 20

January 2nd: Transfer news sees reserve player Brendon Maloney joining Kilmarnock for a fee of £26,000 plus a 30% sell on clause

January 6th: Sheffield Wednesday v Nottingham Forest: FA Cup 3rd Round

We got off to a terrible start as we went a goal down within the first eight minutes after a vicious cross was diverted past P.Smith for an own goal by J.Perth. It wasn’t the start I wanted but my players responded well and on the 19th minute we had the next chance as S.Dobie fired in a powerful effort from 20 yards but his effort was well saved by the keeper. Six minutes later we had another chance as T.Cywka hit the upright after turning his defender with ease. On the 37th minute Sheffield Wednesday had there next chance but my keeper P.Smith rescued the day with a stunning save. On the 40th minute we grabbed the equalise as F.Brandy curled in a great shot from the corner of the area.

The second half started well for us as on the 58th minute we had the chance to take the lead but F.Brandys effort was well saved again by the keeper. The game was becoming very open and on the 67th minute Wednesday came close with what should of been a simple tap in but the effort was fluffed and the shot went wide. With five minutes left on the clock we had another chance but our finishing wasn’t up good enough and N.Tyson saw his effort go wide of the post. With a reply looking likely the winning goal was scored as G.Whelan managed to get past my defence and fire in much to the delight of the Sheffield Wednesday fans. However I was very happy with the performance of my players

Sheffield Wednesday 2 J.Perth og 8, G.Whelan 90+1

Nottingham Forest 1 F.Brandy 40

January 9th: Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest; Johnstones Paint Trophy South Semi Final

We got off to a great start as we controlled most of the play and on the 12th minute we had the chance to take the lead after T.Cywka was hauled down in the area. K.Commons stepped up for the kick but his penalty was poor and the Bournemouth keeper managed to block the effort easily. However eleven minutes later we managed to grab the lead as K.Commons curled in a great free kick which was headed home by S.Dobie. Bournemouth didn’t have an answer to our dominance and on the 39th minute we should of doubled our lead but F.Brandy fluffed his chance to score

The second half started with us piling into the area but we somehow managed to miss the target again. On the 72nd minute Bournemouth were reduced to ten men after N.Yong received a second yellow card. Despite having the numeral advantage we failed to add to our tally and deep into injury time we were reduced to ten men aswell after K.Wilson was sent off for a professional foul

Bournemouth 0

Nottingham Forest 1 S.Dobie 23

We will now face a local derby as we will be playing Notts County in the Johnstones Paint Trophy South Section Final. The final is held over two legs and we will be facing a trip to Meadow Lane in the first leg

January 12th: Cheltenham v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (25/46)

A great start saw us go a goal up on the 4th minute as K.Commons showed a great touch to pass his marker and fire into the net giving the keeper no chance of saving the effort. Nine minutes later we doubled the lead as N.Tyson ran into the area and fired past the onrushing keeper. We were cruising but on the 19th minute we made an error as a poor clearance was volleyed back into the net by M.Jansen. However after the goal my players got back into dominating the game and on the 37th minute we grabbed another goal as S.Dobie got into the scoring act as he beat three defenders to slide the ball past the keepers outstretched arm. Cheltenham weren’t getting anything of the ball and just before the break we grabbed another goal as N.Tyson fired into the net but his goal was ruled out by the referee for a foul on the defence.

The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate and on the hour we had our next chance as F.Brandy rose highest to nod towards goal but the Cheltenham keeper managed to block the shot, unfortunately there wasn’t any players of mine following up and the defence managed to clear the loose ball. On the 77th minute we managed to get the next goal as N.Tyson curled an effort round the keeper and into the net after easily getting through the defence. There was one more goal in the game as Cheltenham managed to pull a goal back with M.Jansen chipping P.Smith from the edge of the area after spotting him six yard off his line.

Cheltenham 2 M.Jansen 19, 89

Nottingham Forest 4 K.Commons 4, N.Tyson 13, 77, S.Dobie 37

January 16th: Huddersfield v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (26/46)

Our recent good form carried on as we walked over the Huddersfield time without any real problems. On the 14th minute we had our first chance of the game as F.Brandy ran into the area but his effort was easily saved by the Huddersfield keeper. Six minutes later we had another chance F.Brandy again showed his pace to turn his marker but yet again his effort was poor and the ball went wide of the post. We were in complete control of the game and on the 36th minute we grabbed the lead as F.Brandy fired in a powerful effort which the keeper managed to block but K.Commons came piling in and fired in the loose ball.

The second half was again mainly us as we continued to dominate the Huddersfield team and on the 54th minute we had the chance to grab a second goal as S.Dobie headed just of the post from a K.Commons cross. Just after the hour the second goal of the game went in as Huddersfield K.Keane managed to put the ball into his own net a thunderous cross by T.Cywka diverted off his foot. We were cruising in the game and as in the previous game we let our concentration slip as M.Young managed to get past my half asleep defence and fire under the body of P.Smith. Luckily for us it was too late in the game too worry us and we grabbed another three points

Huddersfield 1 M.Young 83

Nottingham Forest 2 K.Commons 36, K.Keane og 64

January 19th: Nottingham Forest v Northampton: Coca Cola League One (27/46

We started well and on the 15th minute we were in the lead as C.Cohen ran from midfield with the ball and curled a ball into the area but it scuff off his boot and flew over the keepers head to give us a very fluky goal to take the lead. On the 29th minute we had our next chance with N.Tyson showing his pace to run past the Northampton defence and fire towards goal but the ball was tipped wide of the post. We were in control of the game and just before the break we had another chance as A.Davies tried his luck form the corner of the area but his effort wouldn’t dip enough and went just over the top corner of the net.

The second half was much the same and on the 57th minute we came close to grabbing another goal with S.Dobie rattling the upright from the 15 yards after the Northampton defence left him all alone in the area. Ten minutes later though Northampton had the chance to grab a goal back as they piled into the area but they couldn’t get past P.Smith who came out and smothered the ball at the feet of the attack. With eight minutes later we grabbed the killer goal as N.Tyson rose highest to nod the ball past the Northampton keeper to give us another three points.

Nottingham Forest 2 C.Cohen 15, N.Tyson 82

Northampton 0

January 20th: Transfer news sees us extend the loan of Kieran Lee and Febian Brandy till the end of the season, however Tomasz Cywka didn’t want to stay with us and has returned to Wigan his stats are as follows: Played 15 Goals 1 Ave.Rat 7.00

January 26th: Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (28/46)

Within five minutes we were in the lead as S.Dobie was quickest to react to a loose ball after a cock up between the Bournemouth keeper and defence, to slide the ball into the empty net. However after the goal the game went dead. It took till the 39th minute for the next chance as F.Brandy ran into the area but his effort was well saved by the keeper. During the interval I told the players I expected them to carry on our winning streak and to get out there and pull there fingers out.

The second half was only four minutes old when the next goal went in as Bournemouth ran into the area without any sort of tackle and J.White fired past P.Smith to give them the equaliser. Six minutes later though we had the chance to retake the lead as S.Dobie showed some skill to meg his defender and fired towards goal but the ball was again well saved by the keeper. On the 72nd minute we finally managed to retake the lead as L.McGugan fired in from the edge of the area to make the score line 2-1. It got even better for as with nine minutes left on the clock F.Brandy hit the net with a powerful effort from 25 yards to give us yet another three points

Bournemouth 1 J.White 49

Nottingham Forest 3 S.Dobie 5, L.McGugan 72, F.Brandy 81

January 30th: Nottingham Forest v Doncaster Rovers: Coca Cola League One (29/46)

Our winning streak finally came to an end as we played out a real dire game with Doncaster. In the first half there was no real action as both teams seemed to struggle with the beautiful game.

The second half wasn’t much better as we again struggled to get going but on the 81st minute we had the best chance of the game as S.Dobie was hauled down in the area for a penalty. N.Lennon stepped up for the kick but his effort was pretty poor and the Doncaster keeper managed to save the penalty easily

Nottingham Forest 0

Doncaster Rovers 0

February 2nd: Brighton v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (30/46)

The game again was pretty poor for the fans too watch as we struggled to get more than a couple of passes together but on the 31st minute we had the chance to take the lead but a poor shot by S.Dobie was easily saved by the Brighton keeper. However ten minutes later the first goal of the game was scored as a long range effort by N.Lennon was blocked by the keeper but the rebound was fired back in by N.Tyson.

The second half was pretty dire as my players seemed to just sit back and relax, luckily for us the Brighton team seemed to be not interested in the game and we got away with a victory

Brighton 0

Nottingham Forest 1 N.Tyson 41

Coca Cola League One: 30 Games In

| Pos                           | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
[b]| 1st                           |       | NOTTM FOREST   |       | 30    | 17    | 8     | 5     | 52    | 28    | +24   | 59    |[/b] 
| 2nd                           |       | Leeds          |       | 30    | 21    | 6     | 3     | 67    | 33    | +34   | 54    | 
| 3rd                           |       | Swansea        |       | 30    | 16    | 5     | 9     | 55    | 35    | +20   | 53    | 
| 4th                           |       | Yeovil         |       | 30    | 16    | 4     | 10    | 44    | 36    | +8    | 52    | 
| 5th                           |       | Doncaster      |       | 30    | 15    | 6     | 9     | 43    | 29    | +14   | 51    | 
| 6th                           |       | Crewe          |       | 30    | 14    | 7     | 9     | 45    | 34    | +11   | 49    | 
| 7th                           |       | Port Vale      |       | 30    | 13    | 8     | 9     | 40    | 36    | +4    | 47    | 
| 8th                           |       | Oldham         |       | 30    | 12    | 9     | 9     | 45    | 34    | +11   | 45    | 
| 9th                           |       | Southend       |       | 30    | 12    | 9     | 9     | 47    | 38    | +9    | 45    | 
| 10th                          |       | Tranmere       |       | 30    | 10    | 13    | 7     | 44    | 36    | +8    | 43    | 
| 11th                          |       | Millwall       |       | 30    | 12    | 7     | 11    | 38    | 40    | -2    | 43    | 
| 12th                          |       | Bristol Rovers |       | 30    | 9     | 12    | 9     | 43    | 43    | 0     | 39    | 
| 13th                          |       | Walsall        |       | 30    | 8     | 14    | 8     | 37    | 36    | +1    | 38    | 
| 14th                          |       | Brighton       |       | 30    | 9     | 11    | 10    | 45    | 45    | 0     | 38    | 
| 15th                          |       | Gillingham     |       | 30    | 9     | 10    | 11    | 35    | 42    | -7    | 37    | 
| 16th                          |       | Huddersfield   |       | 30    | 10    | 6     | 14    | 40    | 54    | -14   | 36    | 
| 17th                          |       | Hartlepool     |       | 30    | 9     | 7     | 14    | 32    | 47    | -15   | 34    | 
| 18th                          |       | Swindon        |       | 30    | 9     | 6     | 15    | 36    | 51    | -15   | 33    | 
| 19th                          |       | Cheltenham     |       | 30    | 8     | 8     | 14    | 33    | 45    | -12   | 32    | 
| 20th                          |       | Leyton Orient  |       | 30    | 8     | 7     | 15    | 39    | 54    | -15   | 31    | 
| 21st                          |       | Northampton    |       | 30    | 8     | 6     | 16    | 24    | 42    | -18   | 30    | 
| 22nd                          |       | Carlisle       |       | 30    | 6     | 11    | 13    | 38    | 45    | -7    | 29    | 
| 23rd                          |       | Bournemouth    |       | 30    | 6     | 7     | 17    | 26    | 46    | -20   | 25    | 
| 24th                          |       | Luton          |       | 30    | 5     | 9     | 16    | 33    | 52    | -19   | 24    | 
| 15 points deducted from Leeds |       |                |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

February 3rd: Yet again I’ve been linked to a couple more jobs with Aston Villa and Middlesbrough supposedly after me due to G.Southgate and M.O’Neill being sacked

February 9th: Nottingham Forest v Tranmere: Coca Cola League One (31/46)

We welcomed Tranmere to the City Ground and the opposition wished they had not come as we controlled everything in the game with ease. On the 15th minute we had the first chance of the game as a long range effort by K.Lee was well saved by the keeper. Four minutes later we had another chance with S.Dobie firing in from just inside the area but his effort managed to rattle off the underside of the crossbar but the ball bounced the wrong side of the goal line and out. On the 23rd minute we managed to take the lead as S.Dobie was hauled down 25 yards out. N.Lennon stepped up for the free kick and fired in a brilliant effort to beat the keeper with ease. Just after the half hour we had another chance to score as S.Dobie tried to curl the ball around the keeper but the keeper just managed to get enough on the ball to send it wide of the post.

The Tranmere keeper wasn’t as busy in this half as my players didn’t get into the area as much as the previous half. However we were still in control of the ball and on the 67th minute we had the first chance of the half with S.Dobie hitting a daisy cutter past the keeper but the ball went just wide of the upright. With four minutes left on the clock we killed the game off as F.Brandy headed home from six yards from a N.Lennon corner

Nottingham Forest 2 N.Lennon 23, F.Brandy 86

Tranmere 0

February 12th: Port Vale v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (32/46)

Port Vale set out the stall to defend and it worked as my team struggled to get the ball towards goal and in the first half we only managed to the one effort on goal as N.Tyson fired in from 20 yards but his effort was easily saved by the Vale keeper.

The second half wasn’t much better as we struggled to get past the Vale ten man defence however deep into injury time we finally got through as N.Tyson used his strength to barge his way through to fire the ball into the net. The opposition manager was going mad wanting the goal ruled out

Port Vale 0

Nottingham Forest 1 N.Tyson 90+1

February 16th: Nottingham Forest v Carlisle: Coca Cola League One (33/46)

Yet again the first half wasn’t much to talk about as we get going. It was Carlisle who had the first chance as on the 13th minute they came close to grabbing a goal with a powerful effort which saw P.Smith struggling to get across the goal but he managed to tip the effort wide of the post. Eight minutes later they had another chance to score as the Carlisle attack ran into my area but there effort went wide of the post. Carlisle were in control of the game but on the 45th minute we came managed to grab the lead as we counter attacked a Carlisle effort and S.Dobie fired in a thunderous effort which saw the Carlisle keeper stretching but still missing the effort.

The second half was a different story as my players upped the gears and on the 57th minute we doubled our lead as S.Dobie again fired in after beating his marker with ease. However a minute later Carlisle pulled a goal back as J.Garner took advantage of some sloppy defending by my players . Carlisle started to try and control the game after the goal and on the 69th minute they had the chance to grab the equaliser but his effort was well saved by P.Smith. It was my team who had the final chance of the game as S.Dobie fluffed his chance of his hat trick but we had done just enough to get the victory

Nottingham Forest 2 S.Dobie 45, 57

Carlisle 1 J.Garner 58

February 20th: Notts County v Nottingham Forest: Johnstones Paint Trophy South Final 1st Leg

The game started pretty slowly to say it was a local derby and it took till the 28th minute for the first effort as Notts County’s attack ran into my area but the ball was easily saved by my keeper who came off his line quickly. Just before the break we had our first chance as S.Dobie ran onto a great through ball by L.McGugan but his effort went just wide of the post when he really should of done better.

The second half started with a bang as on the 47th minute we went into the lead as a long ball over the top by I.Breckin was thumped home past the keeper by N.Tyson. After the goal my players started to up the gears and we began to dominate our neighbours. On the 55th minute we had our next chance as N.Tyson had another chance to score with a powerful effort from the edge of the area but the ball was again easily saved by the Notts County keeper. We were all over the opposition and on the 66th minute we grabbed our second goal as S.Dobie made his way into the area to nod in a great cross by K.Commons. Notts County had no answer for us and despite my players trying to get more goals we couldn’t add to our tally and we grabbed a good 2-0 first leg victory

Notts County 0

Nottingham Forest 2 N.Tyson 47, S.Dobie 66

February 23rd: Nottingham Forest v Leeds United: Coca Cola League One (34/46)

With Leeds riding high with my team I knew a victory could go along way to deciding who goes up. We started the better and on the 7th minute we had the first chance as N.Tyson ran into the area but his effort was pretty dire and went well wide of the post. Nine minutes later we had another chance as a long range effort by C.Cohen was tipped wide of the post by the Leeds keeper. Leeds weren’t getting much of the ball and on the 25th minute we had the next chance as N.Tyson played a good one two with S.Dobie but his effort again was well saved by the keeper. On the 36th minute we finally got the goal we deserved as S.Dobie ran onto a through ball by K.Commons and fired under the keeper to send our fans wild. However my players seemed to relax too much and on the 45th minute Leeds United capitalised on this and F.de Costa fired past P.Smith. During the interval I let the players know I was far from happy with the way we let Leeds back into the game and told them we should be miles ahead of the by now.

The second half started poorly for us as within a minute we were a goal down as J.Beckford again made the most of some poor play by my team and sent Leeds into the lead. I was furious with my players and had too be warned by the fourth official to calm down. Leeds were getting control of the game and on the 54th minute they had the chance to kill the game off but P.Smith saved the day with a great save. However on the 66th minute we grabbed the equaliser as substitute F.Brandy headed in a cross field pass by F.Bastians to give us a share of the points, but I was still far from happy with my team

Nottingham Forest 2 S.Dobie 36, F.Brandy 66

Leeds United 2 F.de Costa 45, J.Beckford 46

February 27th: Nottingham Forest v Notts County: Johnstones Paint Trophy South Final 2nd Leg (agg 2-0)

With a two goal lead I told the players they needed to kill the game off early. The game started with a real bang as within three minutes we were a goal up as N.Tyson tried his luck from 20 yards to beat the County keeper with ease but a minute later Notts County were back on level terms in the game as J.Clarke beat my defence with real ease and fired the ball past the keeper. After the quick start the fans had to wait till the 37th minute for the next effort as my players passed there way brilliantly up field but the move was ended with a great last ditch tackle by the County defence.

The second half was alot more open as both my team and County piled forward into each others defence and on the 61st minute we had our next chance as F.Brandy fired in from the edge of the area but the effort was well saved by the keeper. Ten minutes later it was Countys turn as there attack barged there way through my defence but again my keeper was on top form and save the ball well. County were having to pile forward to equalise the tie but with a minute left we counter attack brilliantly and N.Tyson fired the ball into the net to send us into the final

Nottingham Forest 2 N.Tyson 3, 89

Notts County 1 J.Clarke 4

We have qualify for the Johnstones Paint Trophy Final after a 4-1 aggregate win over Notts County.

We will be facing Bradford City in the final on March 30th

March 1st: Yeovil v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (35/46)

In truth it was a real dire game as my players looked very lacklustre. It was Yeovil who had the only effort of the half with a great effort from the edge of the area but P.Smith managed to save the ball well.

The second half wasn’t much better for us as we just didn’t seem interested in the game. On the 66th minute I changed the formation to a 4-3-3 in the hope of bringing some attacking football to our play but it didn’t work and we just played out a pretty poor 0-0 draw

Yeovil 0

Nottingham Forest 0

March 8th: Nottingham Forest v Swindon: Coca Cola League One (36/46)

We were slightly better than Swindon but it took till late in the first half for us to get any sort of real effort on goal as F.Brandy tried a speculative effort from just outside the area but the Swindon keeper was alert enough to save the ball

The second half was again not really good enough as we struggled to string any sort of move together but on the 74th minute we had the chance to grab the lead as K.Commons was pulled down in the area for a penalty, N.Tyson stepped up for the kick and hit a hard shot to the left but the keeper guessed correctly and saved well to send the ball out for a corner. The penalty pretty much summed up the game and we had to settle for a bore draw

Nottingham Forest 0

Swindon 0

March 9th: Transfer news sees G.Holt requesting a transfer from the club, I wasn’t best pleased with this but accepted it, but he will not be involved in first team affairs from now on

March 12th: Hartlepool v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (37/46)

Finally my players managed to put a performance on as we kept Hartlepool away from the ball. On the 20th minute we opened the scoring a K.Commons showed great vision to curl the ball into the top corner after spotting the keeper off his line. It got even better as ten minutes later we were doubled our lead as F.Brandy headed the ball into the net after a long cross by F.Bastians was headed in off the post. Hartlepool weren’t getting near the ball and with three minutes left on the half time clock was fired in by N.Tyson to give us 3-0 lead going into the break

The second half was alittle quieter as my players didn’t push forward too much but on the 58th minute we had the next chance as F.Brandy rattled the upright from the edge of the area. We just were controlling the game without really breaking a sweat but on the 82nd minute we must have relaxed alittle too much as J.Porter collected a loose bal and fired the ball past P.Smith but we had done enough in the first half to get all three points and our promotion bid back on track

Hartlepool 1 J.Porter 82

Nottingham Forest 3 K.Commons 20, F.Brandy 30, N.Tyson 42

March 15th: Nottingham Forest v Oldham: Coca Cola League One (38/46)

We carried on from the previous game as we controlled much of the play and on the 8th minute we had the chance to take the lead as an Oldham defender handled in the area to give us a penalty. N.Tyson stepped up for the kick but his effort was poor and went wide of the post after beating the keeper with ease. Ten minutes later we had our next chance as N.Tyson ran into the area but his shot again was well saved. Oldham couldn’t get the ball off my team and on the 39th minute we grabbed the lead as a long punt up field by M.Lockwood was volleyed towards goal by F.Brandy to send the home fans going wild. Just before the break Oldham were reduced to ten men after S.Gregan was sent off for a professional foul on F.Brandy.

The second half was pretty much the same as we continued to pile forward into the Oldham area and on the hour we should of wrapped the game up but N.Tyson again fluffed his chance to score. After that miss I took him off and brought on S.Dobie in his place. It wasn’t long till the substitution made an impact as S.Dobie came close to scoring with a powerful effort which was well saved by the Oldham keeper. It was becoming too easy for my players and just before the end of the match we were awarded another penalty after F.Brandy was hauled down in the area. K.Commons stepped up for the kick and fried towards the goal but the Oldham keeper saved well again.

Nottingham Forest 1 F.Brandy 39

Oldham 0

March 22nd: Crewe v Nottingham Forest: Coca Cola League One (39/46)

A poor start saw us go a goal down on the 4th minute as some poor defending by W.Morgan saw N.Maynard sprinting onto a loose ball and fired into the net. It took a few minutes for my players to respond to going down and on the 26th minute we had the chance to go back onto level terms but F.Brandys effort was tame and the Crewe defence easily cleared the ball. Ten minutes later Crewe had another chance with a good team move which saw them one on one with my keeper but P.Smith did enough to distract the attacker and the ball went wide of the post

The second half was controlled mainly by Crewe who kept my players away from the ball and on the hour they had the chance to grab another goal with a thunderous daisy cutter which beat P.Smith but the ball went just wide of the post. On the 72nd minute though Crewe killed the game off as K.McLeod wrapped his foot round the ball to beat P.Smith and send the ball into the top corner of the goal and condemn us to a defeat

Crewe 2 N.Maynard 4, K.McLeod 72

Nottingham Forest 0

March 24th: Nottingham Forest v Leyton Orient: Coca Cola League One (40/46)

Our poor performance from the previous game continued and Orient made the most of it as they piled forward into the area. On the 18th minute they had the chance to take the lead but the ball was easily saved by P.Smith. Soon after they had another chance with a long range effort which saw my keeper again being called upon and yet again he saved well. We were being outplayed throughout the half and during the half time interval I told my players they needed to pull there fingers out and actually play.

However my players didn’t seem to have taken any notice of player as we continued to be battered and on the 77th minute they had the chance to kill the game off but P.Smith again saved the day with a great acrobatic save. We somehow made it to the end of the game without conceding and had to settle for a draw. After the game I went mad at the players and told them that they had to thank P.Smith for keeping us in the game.

Nottingham Forest 0

Leyton Orient 0

Coca Cola League One: 40 games in

[b]| 1st                           |       | NOTTM FOREST   |       | 40    | 22    | 12    | 6     | 63    | 34    | +29   | 78    | [/b]
| 2nd                           |       | Swansea        |       | 39    | 22    | 8     | 9     | 75    | 41    | +34   | 74    | 
| 3rd                           |       | Yeovil         |       | 40    | 22    | 7     | 11    | 59    | 42    | +17   | 73    | 
| 4th                           |       | Leeds          |       | 39    | 25    | 8     | 6     | 78    | 42    | +36   | 68    | 
| 5th                           |       | Doncaster      |       | 40    | 19    | 10    | 11    | 58    | 41    | +17   | 67    | 
| 6th                           |       | Crewe          |       | 40    | 18    | 9     | 13    | 56    | 46    | +10   | 63    | 
| 7th                           |       | Millwall       |       | 39    | 18    | 8     | 13    | 54    | 48    | +6    | 62    | 
| 8th                           |       | Southend       |       | 39    | 17    | 10    | 12    | 60    | 47    | +13   | 61    | 
| 9th                           |       | Oldham         |       | 40    | 15    | 13    | 12    | 59    | 48    | +11   | 58    | 
| 10th                          |       | Swindon        |       | 40    | 15    | 10    | 15    | 53    | 59    | -6    | 55    | 
| 11th                          |       | Bristol Rovers |       | 40    | 13    | 15    | 12    | 57    | 56    | +1    | 54    | 
| 12th                          |       | Tranmere       |       | 40    | 12    | 17    | 11    | 51    | 48    | +3    | 53    | 
| 13th                          |       | Port Vale      |       | 39    | 14    | 11    | 14    | 48    | 49    | -1    | 53    | 
| 14th                          |       | Walsall        |       | 40    | 11    | 15    | 14    | 44    | 48    | -4    | 48    | 
| 15th                          |       | Huddersfield   |       | 40    | 13    | 9     | 18    | 52    | 67    | -15   | 48    | 
| 16th                          |       | Luton          |       | 40    | 12    | 10    | 18    | 48    | 58    | -10   | 46    | 
| 17th                          |       | Hartlepool     |       | 40    | 11    | 12    | 17    | 43    | 61    | -18   | 45    | 
| 18th                          |       | Brighton       |       | 40    | 10    | 14    | 16    | 57    | 63    | -6    | 44    | 
| 19th                          |       | Gillingham     |       | 40    | 10    | 14    | 16    | 45    | 61    | -16   | 44    | 
| 20th                          |       | Carlisle       |       | 40    | 10    | 11    | 19    | 45    | 57    | -12   | 41    | 
| 21st                          |       | Cheltenham     |       | 40    | 10    | 11    | 19    | 42    | 57    | -15   | 41    | 
| 22nd                          |       | Leyton Orient  |       | 40    | 10    | 10    | 20    | 50    | 69    | -19   | 40    | 
| 23rd                          |       | Northampton    |       | 40    | 9     | 10    | 21    | 31    | 57    | -26   | 37    | 
| 24th                          |       | Bournemouth    |       | 39    | 7     | 10    | 22    | 33    | 62    | -29   | 31    | 

March 30th: Nottingham Forest v Bradford City: Johnstones Paint Trophy (Wembley)

It was time for my players to get hold of some silverware and they knew what I expected of them. We started the better and on the 14th minute we had the chance to take the lead as A.Davies ran into the area with the ball but before he had the chance to shoot the ball was cleared by C.Makin who timed his tackle to perfection. Seven minutes later it was Bradford’s turn to have an effort as R.Offiong showed some skill to turn J.Perch and head towards goal, with none of my defenders going in for the tackle he shot towards goal but his effort was tipped wide of the post by P.Smith. From the resulting corner M.Hughes rose highest and headed towards goal but his header went just over the crossbar. On the 37th minute we had our next chance as K.Commons ran down the wing past all the Bradford players and crossed a great ball into the area which saw S.Dobie rising highest to nod towards goal but D.Ricketts saved well. Just before the break we had our next chance as A.Davies came close to scoring with a thunderous effort which rattled off the crossbar, Bradford got hold of the loose ball and counter attacked us well with O.Daley running through the middle of the pitch but before they had the chance to shoot M.Lockwood slid through E.Johnson to end the move

During the interval I brought on N.Lennon for the disappointing F.Bastians.

The second half started with a bang for us as within five minutes we went into the lead as C.Cohen ran into the area and fired towards goal but the keeper blocked the ball well and F.Brandy bounded in and fired the ball past the keeper and into the net. The goal gave my players extra confidence and we started to control much of the play. On the 61st minute we had our next effort as S.Dobie tested the keeper from just inside the area but his effort was well saved by the boot of M.Bower who diverted the ball wide of the post. On the 72nd minute I brought on N.Tyson for S.Dobie. Bradford never really got going in the half and on the 79th minute they made a couple of changes as T.Penford and M.Clarke came on for the injured M.Hughes and R.Offiong. Three minutes later Bradford made one last change as L.Medley came on for D.Wetherall. There was one last chance on the game as on the 88th minute N.Lennon had the chance to score from the spot after F.Brandys effort was handled in the area by C.Makin, N.Lennon stepped up for the kick but the effort was poor and easily saved by D.Ricketts, however the miss didn’t bother me as soon after the referee and we won the Johnstones Paint Trophy.

Nottingham Forest 1 F.Brandy 50

Bradford City 0

Attendance: 89,993

Nottingham Forest Players: P.Smith, J.Perch, M.Lockwood, I.Breckin, W.Morgan, K.Commons, C.Cohen, F.Bastians (45-N.Lennon), A.Davies, S.Dobie (72-N.Tyson), F.Brandy

Bradford City Players: D.Ricketts, D.Williams, C.Makin, M.Bower, D.Wetherall (82-L.Medley), A.Rhodes, O.Daley, M.Hughes (inj 79-T.Penford), S.Phelan, E.Johnson, R.Offiong (79-M.Clarke)

I was ecstatic to be able to add a trophy to my managerial CV. I told the players to enjoy there victory but they need to be ready for the next game against away to Swansea on the 2nd April

Archived