No Camels, No Bloody Vodka, just a God Damn Career in Football Management

mark wilson27

March 6th: Bolton Wanderers v Newcastle United: Premier League (28/38)

Again we were pretty poor as Bolton dominated the opening passages of the game. They had there first effort on the 29th minute we there attack ran past Cacapa with ease but luckily for him S.Given was on hand to smother the ball. With three minute remaining of the half we went a goal down as Bolton’s pressure finally paid off with D.Jones curling in a great freekick from 25 yards after a rash tackle by J.Barton who was lucky to receive a yellow card instead of red.

The second half saw my team again fail to deliver as we struggled to pass the ball. On the 64th minute we should of gone as further goal down after some awful defending saw the Bolton frontline easily break through but yet again S.Given was on hand to save the day. With seven minutes remaining we were reduced again to ten men after J.Barton received his second yellow card and was sent off. Pretty much sums up how the team were

Bolton Wanderers 1 D.Jones 42

Newcastle United 0

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After we got back to Newcastle I was called into the office where Mike Ashley sat me down and told me that he wasn’t happy with how things were going, especially after the money he had invested and was terminating my contract with immediate effect. I was furious and told him that he didn’t give me much time to sort this team out.

So there it is sacked without being given a chance and now I was on the search for yet another job, is this management malarkey all its cracked up to be or shall I bugger off back to Iran to see my camels

Oh I didn't resign Gav, was alittle gutted that they sacked me, was beginging to enjoy my time up north...

stoehrst - Defoe has never letme down yet on this game :D

April 2nd: After just under a month I have been offered another job as Everton want me to take over. Everton though are in deep mire and struggling at the root of the Premiership. With only seven games remaining I know I have a tough job on my hands to save them.

I have been given a two year £17,750 p/w contract

The squad is as follows:-

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name              | Position  | Morale    | Form      | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      | Slt    | Bogdan Lobont     | GK        | Very Poor | 7-6-8-8-5 | 100%   | 28     | -      | 6.75   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      | Lrn    | John Ruddy        | GK        | Okay      | 8-7-6-6-7 | 89%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| -      | Wnt    | Paulo Ferreira    | D R       | Okay      | 7-6-8-8-6 | 99%    | 26 (2) | -      | 6.75   | 
| -      | Sus    | Christopher Samba | D RC      | Okay      | 7-7-9-7-6 | 99%    | 23 (2) | -      | 6.84   | 
| -      | Slt    | Phil Jagielka     | D RC, DM  | Poor      | 7-7-7-7-6 | 99%    | 9      | -      | 6.78   | 
| -      |        | Phil Neville      | D RL, DM  | Good      | 7-7-8-7-7 | 99%    | 27     | -      | 6.70   | 
| -      | Slt    | Joleon Lescott    | D LC      | Okay      | 7-7-8-8-7 | 99%    | 18 (4) | -      | 6.86   | 
| -      | Unh    | Nuno Valente      | D L       | Good      | 6-7-6-7-8 | 97%    | 1      | -      | 6.00   | 
| -      |        | Sandy Paillot     | D C       | Okay      | 6-7-7-7-7 | 98%    | 8 (1)  | -      | 6.56   | 
| -      |        | Jack Rodwell      | D C       | Okay      | 6-7-6-6-6 | 99%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| -      | Slt    | Joseph Yobo       | D C       | Good      | 7-7-7-8-7 | 99%    | 25     | -      | 6.80   | 
| -      | Slt    | Philip Ifil       | D/WB R    | Poor      | 6-7-7-7-6 | 99%    | 10 (5) | -      | 6.60   | 
| -      | Slt    | Charles N'Zogbia  | WB/AM L   | Okay      | 7-8-7-6-6 | 99%    | 33     | -      | 6.88   | 
| -      | Slt    | Altin Lala        | DM        | Very Good | 7-7-7-7-8 | 100%   | 23     | -      | 6.74   | 
| -      | Slt    | Bjarni Vidarsson  | M C       | Good      | 7-6-7-6-6 | 99%    | 7 (3)  | 1      | 6.50   | 
| -      | Slt    | Mikel Arteta      | AM RLC    | Poor      | 6-7-7-7-6 | 99%    | 26     | 3      | 6.96   | 
| -      | Slt    | Leon Osman        | AM RC     | Okay      | 7-7-6-7-6 | 100%   | 8 (18) | -      | 6.19   | 
| -      | Slt    | James McFadden    | AM L, F C | Poor      | 7-6-6-7-7 | 100%   | 6 (8)  | 3      | 6.57   | 
| -      | Yel    | Tim Cahill        | AM C      | Very Good | 7-7-7-6-7 | 93%    | 31     | 5      | 6.77   | 
| -      | Slt    | Victor Anichebe   | ST        | Good      | 7-7-7-7-6 | 99%    | 16 (3) | 6      | 6.95   | 
| -      |        | Andy Johnson      | ST        | Very Good | 7-7-7-7-6 | 99%    | 27 (3) | 7      | 6.80   | 
| -      | Slt    | James Vaughan     | ST        | Good      | 6-6-6-7-7 | 71%    | 20 (3) | 8      | 6.78   | 
| -      | Slt    | Yakubu            | ST        | Okay      | 8-7-7-7-6 | 79%    | 7 (2)  | 4      | 6.78   | 

April 3rd: Manchester City v Everton: Premier League (32/38)

My first game in charge and on the 6th minute we were reduced to ten men after J.Lescott was sent off for a two footed lunge. From the resulting free kick City went into the lead as G.Rossi curled the ball round B.Lobonts arms. Four minutes later we were two goals down as V.Bojinov beat his marker with ease and fired past my keeper. On the 17th minute though we grabbed a goal back as J.McFadden showed some good skill to turn and fire the ball past the City keeper. However our joy was short lived as ten minutes later it was 301 as City ran through my defence with such ease and A.Muoemba fired past the keeper.

The second half was again mainly City but on the 57th minute we pulled another goal back as A.Johnson headed past the City keeper from C.N’Zogbia’s cross. Five minutes later City regained there advantage as V.Bojinov grabbed his second of the game and City’s fourth. We were being ripped apart and on the 66th minute goal number five went in as C.Tiffert fired past B.Lobont. There was one final goal in the half as with three minutes remaining on the clock J.Utaka curled the ball in past my keeper to wrap up a miserable start to my Everton career

Manchester City 6 G.Rossi 6, V.Bojinov 10, 62, A.Muoemba 27, C.Tiffert 66, J.Utaka 87

Everton 2 J.McFadden 17, A.Johnson 57

April 5th: Everton v Aston Villa: Premier League (33/38)

After the rout we suffered against City I told the players they needed to give the Goodison Park fans something to shout about. On the 4th minute we did just that as Yakubu ran into the area and fired past the Villa keeper who stood no chance with the shot. Seven minutes later we had grabbed another goal as Yakubu fired in a powerful effort which went in off the upright after the keeper failed to deal with it. We were looking good for our lead and on the 23rd minute we had another chance as V.Anichebe hit a good effort towards goal but the Villa keeper saved well. On the 26th minute though Villa pulled goal back as my defence fell asleep and Nihat fired past my keeper. Seven minutes later Villa were on level terms as they ripped though my defence with ease and fired past B.Lobont who stood no chance with the effort.

During the interval I went mad at the players, especially my defence who were shocking when called upon. Four minutes into the half we retook the lead as J.McFadden curled in a great free kick after L.Osman was hauled down on the way to goal. However on the 64th minute we conceded the equaliser as A.Young grabbed his second of the game with a well struck shot which beat my keeper into the top corner

Everton 3 Yakubu 4, 11, J.McFadden 49

Aston Villa 3 Nihat 26, A.Young 33, 64

April 9th: I have made my first signing as I welcome Frank de Boer to the club as my new Assistant Manager

April 10th: Arsenal v Everton: Premier League (34/38)

A great start saw us a goal up within a minute as J.Vaughan fired in after beating the Arsenal defence to an easy loose ball. Ten minutes later though Arsenal had the chance of an equaliser but the effort was well saved by my keeper. On the 28th minute Arsenal had another chance as there attacker rose highest to nod towards goal but B.Lobont tipped the ball over the crossbar. On the 33rd minute Arsenal were reduced to ten men after T.Rosicky was sent off for a two footed lunge on P.Neville.

The second half saw my team pile forward and on the 58th minute we came close to grabbing another goal but T.Cahills effort was wild and went wide of the post. On the 76th minute Arsenal countered us from a corner and E.Adebayor showed his vision to curl in a great effort past B.Lobont. With three minutes remaining we had the chance to win the game but A.Johnson missed a sitter after the Arsenal keeper fluffed a cross.

Arsenal 1 E.Adebayor 76

Everton 1 J.Vaughan 1

April 17th: Everton v Blackburn Rover: Premier League (35/38)

We needed to keep getting points on the board in the vain hope of escaping relegation. Like a fool I made the team play very defensive and it seemed to work in the first half as we kept my old Blackburn team at bay. The second half was going well until the 65th minute as J.Carew fired in past my keeper who was Helpless to prevent the goal going in. However three minutes later we grabbed the equaliser as Yakubu fired in past the Blackburn keeper after there defence failed to stop his jinking run. The joy of the goal though didn’t last long as Blackburn started to dominate play and with two minutes remaining we conceded the winning goal as B.McCarthy fired past B.Lobont to give us virtually condemn us to going down

Everton 1 Yakubu 68

Blackburn Rovers 2 J.Carew 65, B.McCarthy 88

Glad to have you along leonavich but as you can see by the end of this post I stood no real chance of saving Everton from relegation, we were deep in the meurde before I took over

April 24th: Reading v Everton; Premier League (36/38)

It was pretty simple now I told the players we needed three points otherwise we were down. We also had to hope that Birmingham City fail to beat Aston Villa in thee next match.

My players responded well to my words as we started well against Reading and on the 16th minute we came close to grabbing the lead as P.Neville crossed in for Yakubu who mistimed his header and the ball went wide of the post. Nine minutes later we had another chance as T.Cahill rattled the upright from inside the area after beating three reading players to the ball. On the 33rd minute we grabbed the goal we needed as Yakubu used his strength to barge his way through the defence and fire the ball under the keeper. Four minutes later we doubled the lead as A.Johnson headed in off the upright after a powerful cross by T.Cahill.

The second half was much the same as we continued the forward pressure and on the 73rd minute we grabbed goal number three as A.Johnson curled the ball past the keeper after running onto a M.Arteta pass. With three minutes remaining on the clock reading pulled a goal back with K.Lafferty doing the honours from inside the six yard box but it was too little too late and we got a vital three points and we now had to wait till May 1st to see if Aston Villa can do us a favour

Reading 1 K.Lafferty 87

Everton 3 Yakubu 33, A.Johnson 37, 73

May 1st: Not a happy day for all at the club as Birmingham City beat arch rivals Aston Villa 1-0 which means we have been relegated from the Premiership

May 2nd: Everton v Newcastle United: Premier League (37/38)

After the relegation I told the players they must now go out with a bang and they must firstly do it against my old team Newcastle United. It was Newcastle though who had the first chance of the game as on the 18th minute an A.Luque shot bobbled through the hands of B.Lobont and into the net. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. On the stroke of half time Newcastle had another chance with a long range effort which again saw B.Lobont struggling to deal with but luckily for him the shot went just over.

The second half got off to a bad start as within ten minute Newcastle had grabbed the lead as Jermain “not the answer to scoring “ Defoe** fired past my keeper. However three minutes later we pulled goal back as a hopeful punt up field by B.Lobont was half volleyed into the net by L.Osman. The goal seemed to give my players alittle more energy and on the 65th ,minute we grabbed the equaliser as C.N’Zogbia took advantage of some poor Newcastle defending and slotted the ball past the keeper. We were looking the better team now and on the 73rd minute we grabbed the winning goal as Yakubu again used his strength to get clear of the defence and fire past the helpless keeper. With a minute remaining Newcastle were reduced to ten men after C.Arzo was sent off for a second yellow card

Everton 3 L.Osman 58, C.N’Zogbia 65, Yakubu 73

Newcastle United 2 A.Luque 18, J.Defoe 55

(**) For our American Geordie Stoehrst

May 9th: Portsmouth v Everton: Premier League(38/38)

The final game of the season and it started badly for us as within six minutes we were a goal down as P.Bouba Diop fired past my keeper to send the Portsmouth crowd wild. Portsmouth were pretty much in control of the first half and on the 34th minute they came close with a rasping effort but it was well saved by B.Lobont who dived well to the left to catch it. Just before the break they had another chance as my defence again went AWOL but B.Lobont again saved well to deny Portsmouth.

During the interval I went mad at the players and told them I wanted a lot more from them. They ,must have been listening as within a minute of the restart we cane close to grabbing the equaliser as T.Cahill fired in a powerful effort which rattled the crossbar but Yakubu wasn’t quick enough to fire in the rebound. On the 62nd minute we did get our first goal as T.Cahill fired in off the upright after curling the ball around the arms of the Portsmouth keeper. Four minutes later we did it again as we countered the Portsmouth team and M.Arteta did the honours with a fine shot. It was becoming too easy and on then 75th minute we grabbed goal number three as L.Osman tried a cheeky lob from outside the area after the keeper had strayed off the line. Portsmouth looked shell shocked and with four minutes remaining we grabbed the final goal as L.Osman fired in his second of the game from just inside the area to give us a final day victory

Portsmouth 1 P.Bouba Diop 6

Everton 4 T.Cahill 62, M.Atrteta 66, L.Osman 75, 86

After the game I was asked by the media if I though we would bounce straight back up. I told the press with a couple of signing we would stand a very good chance of an automatic return to the Premiership

Premier League TAble: End of Season

| Pos   | Inf   | Team          |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | ECC   | Liverpool     |       | 38    | 21    | 10    | 7     | 68    | 40    | +28   | 73    | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   | ECC   | Man Utd       |       | 38    | 19    | 10    | 9     | 65    | 38    | +27   | 67    | 
| 3rd   | ECC   | Chelsea       |       | 38    | 18    | 10    | 10    | 53    | 34    | +19   | 64    | 
| 4th   | ECC   | Man City      |       | 38    | 18    | 10    | 10    | 57    | 41    | +16   | 64    | 
| 5th   | EC    | Arsenal       |       | 38    | 18    | 8     | 12    | 65    | 49    | +16   | 62    | 
| 6th   | EC    | Portsmouth    |       | 38    | 18    | 5     | 15    | 58    | 54    | +4    | 59    | 
| 7th   | EV    | Sunderland    |       | 38    | 14    | 16    | 8     | 56    | 48    | +8    | 58    | 
| 8th   | EC    | Reading       |       | 38    | 15    | 10    | 13    | 59    | 60    | -1    | 55    | 
| 9th   |       | Bolton        |       | 38    | 15    | 8     | 15    | 46    | 54    | -8    | 53    | 
| 10th  |       | Blackburn     |       | 38    | 15    | 8     | 15    | 46    | 59    | -13   | 53    | 
| 11th  |       | Tottenham     |       | 38    | 12    | 15    | 11    | 58    | 49    | +9    | 51    | 
| 12th  |       | Newcastle     |       | 38    | 13    | 12    | 13    | 47    | 47    | 0     | 51    | 
| 13th  |       | West Ham      |       | 38    | 12    | 12    | 14    | 54    | 60    | -6    | 48    | 
| 14th  |       | Middlesbrough |       | 38    | 12    | 11    | 15    | 49    | 60    | -11   | 47    | 
| 15th  |       | Aston Villa   |       | 38    | 12    | 9     | 17    | 51    | 45    | +6    | 45    | 
| 16th  |       | Fulham        |       | 38    | 11    | 10    | 17    | 39    | 57    | -18   | 43    | 
| 17th  |       | Birmingham    |       | 38    | 10    | 11    | 17    | 42    | 53    | -11   | 41    | 
[b]| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| [/b]
[b]| 18th  | R     | EVERTON       |       | 38    | 9     | 11    | 18    | 46    | 64    | -18   | 38    | [/b]
| 19th  | R     | Wigan         |       | 38    | 9     | 10    | 19    | 48    | 70    | -22   | 37    | 
| 20th  | R     | Burnley       |       | 38    | 6     | 10    | 22    | 31    | 56    | -25   | 28    | 

End of Season Squad:

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name              | Position  | Morale    | Form      | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| -      | Hol    | Bogdan Lobont     | GK        | Superb    | 7-6-8-6-7 | 100%   | 35     | -      | 6.77   | 
| -      | Hol    | John Ruddy        | GK        | Okay      | 8-7-6-6-7 | 95%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| -      | Hol    | Paulo Ferreira    | D R       | Superb    | 7-6-7-7-7 | 100%   | 33 (2) | -      | 6.69   | 
| -      | Hol    | Christopher Samba | D RC      | Okay      | 7-7-9-7-6 | 96%    | 23 (2) | -      | 6.84   | 
| -      | Hol    | Phil Jagielka     | D RC, DM  | Okay      | 7-7-7-7-6 | 95%    | 9      | -      | 6.78   | 
| -      | Hol    | Phil Neville      | D RL, DM  | Very Good | 7-7-7-7-6 | 100%   | 34     | -      | 6.71   | 
| -      | Inj    | Joleon Lescott    | D LC      | Superb    | 6-6-7-7-7 | 73%    | 23 (4) | -      | 6.81   | 
| -      | Hol    | Nuno Valente      | D L       | Poor      | 6-7-6-7-8 | 95%    | 1      | -      | 6.00   | 
| -      | Hol    | Sandy Paillot     | D C       | Poor      | 6-7-7-7-7 | 94%    | 8 (1)  | -      | 6.56   | 
| -      |        | Jack Rodwell      | D C       | Poor      | 6-6-6-7-7 | 97%    | 2      | -      | 7.00   | 
| -      | Hol    | Joseph Yobo       | D C       | Very Good | 7-6-7-7-7 | 100%   | 32     | -      | 6.78   | 
| -      | Hol    | Philip Ifil       | D/WB R    | Good      | 7-7-6-7-7 | 97%    | 10 (7) | -      | 6.65   | 
| -      | Hol    | Charles N'Zogbia  | WB/AM L   | Very Good | 7-7-7-7-7 | 99%    | 40     | 1      | 6.88   | 
| -      | Hol    | Altin Lala        | DM        | Very Good | 7-7-7-7-8 | 96%    | 23     | -      | 6.74   | 
| -      | Hol    | Bjarni Vidarsson  | M C       | Okay      | 7-6-7-6-6 | 95%    | 7 (3)  | 1      | 6.50   | 
| -      | Hol    | Mikel Arteta      | AM RLC    | Superb    | 7-6-7-7-8 | 100%   | 33     | 4      | 6.88   | 
| -      | Hol    | Leon Osman        | AM RC     | Superb    | 7-7-7-8-8 | 99%    | 12 (19)| 3      | 6.39   | 
| -      | Hol    | James McFadden    | AM L, F C | Okay      | 7-8-7-6-7 | 100%   | 11 (8) | 5      | 6.68   | 
| -      | Hol    | Tim Cahill        | AM C      | Superb    | 7-7-7-7-8 | 100%   | 36     | 6      | 6.83   | 
| -      | Hol    | Victor Anichebe   | ST        | Poor      | 7-7-7-7-6 | 96%    | 16 (3) | 6      | 6.95   | 
| -      | Hol    | Andy Johnson      | ST        | Very Good | 6-5-8-6-6 | 100%   | 31 (6) | 10     | 6.73   | 
| -      | Hol    | James Vaughan     | ST        | Good      | 7-6-7-7-8 | 93%    | 23 (5) | 9      | 6.82   | 
| -      | Hol    | Yakubu            | ST        | Superb    | 7-7-8-7-6 | 100%   | 14 (2) | 9      | 6.81   | 

Salkster: is it because of the story or the fact that Liverpool won the Premiership

Season 2009/10 Review: Part One

English Leagues:

Coca Cola Championship:

Promoted: Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County Playoff: Wolves

Relegated: Bristol City, Yeovil, Scunthorpe

Coca Cola League One:

Promoted: Southend, Coventry Playoff: Rotherham

Relegated: Chesterfield, Wycombe, Huddersfield, Swindon

Coca Cola League Two:

Promoted: Stockport, Shrewsbury, Carlisle Playoff: Bournemouth

Relegated: Lincoln, Grimsby

FA Cup: Arsenal 2-0 Leicester

League Cup: Reading 1-1 Liverpool (aet) (pen 3-1 Reading)

Community Shield: Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa

Johnstones Paint Trophy: Coventry 1-1 Nottingham Forest (aet) (pen 5-4 Coventry)

French Leagues:

Ligue One Orange:

1st Lyon, 2nd Bordeaux, 3rd Auxerre

Relegated: Toulouse, Stade Malherbe de Caen, Sete

Ligue Two Orange:

Promoted: AS Nancy-Lorraine, Chamois Niortais, AC Ajaccio

Relegated: Dijon Football CO, Istres, Cannes

National:

Promoted: Grenoble Foot 38, Nimes, Creteil

Relegated: Calais, Sannois SG, Pacy, Croix de Savoie

French Cup: OGC Nice 2-1 Monaco

Coupe de la Ligue: PSG 1-0 OGC Nice

Champions Trophy: Bordeaux 1-0 Lille

Season 2009/10 Review: Part Two

Italian Leagues:

Serie A:

1st Inter Milan, 2nd AC.Milan, 3rd Reggina

Relegated: Lecce, Empoli, Triestina

Serie B:

Promoted; Catania, Cesena Playoff: Napoli

Relegated: Lucchese, Bari, Cavese Play Out: Albinoleffe

Italian Cup: AC.Milan 0-0 Inter Milan (aet) (pen 3-1 AC.Milan)

Italian Super Cup: Inter Milan 2-1 Fiorentina

Spanish Leagues:

First Division:

1st Real Madrid, 2nd At.Madrid, 3rd Barcelona

Relegated: Osasuna, Recreativo, Deportivo

LIGA BBVA:

Promoted: Almeria, Albacete, Cordoba

Relegated: Elche, Alcoyano, Numancia, Salamanca

Spanish Cup: Celta 2-1 Athletic

Spanish Super Cup: Real Madrid 4-2 Barcelona (* aggregate score)

Federations Cup: Deportivo 2-1 Jaen (* aggregate score)

European Results:

Champions League: AC.Milan 3-2 Valencia

UEFA Cup: Liverpool 1-0 Real Madrid

European Super Cup: Chelsea 1-0 Inter Milan

June 21st: Rangers and Burnley have bid £5,000,000 Philip Ifill and Chairman Bill Kenwright have accepted the bids saying they were too good to refuse. I wasn’t best pleased but in truth I would of accepted those bids too if I had the chance.

July 1st: Transfer news sees Rafael Sobis join us for £13,500,000 from Lyon, he is a 25 AM/FC

Paulo Ferreira joins Newcastle United for £6,250,000

Federico Macheda joins us on a free after he was released by Manchester United, he is a 18yr old FC

Joleon Lescott has joined Celta on a free after refusing to sign a very good contract offer from myself

July 7th: Tim Cahill has joined Portsmouth for £7,000,000 after stating he wasn’t happy to be playing in a lower division

July 10th: We had our first friendly as we faced B.Dortmund away. We walked away with a 5-0 victory and R.Sobis grabbed a hat trick, J.Vaughan and L.Jutkiewicz grabbed the other goals

July 11th: World Cup 2010 Final:

England 2 S.Gerrard 6, M.Owen 89

Nigeria 3 J.Utaka 17, I.Uche 45, 47

July 12th: We faced our next friendly as we beat HSV away 2-0 with R.Sobis grabbing both goals

Transfer news also sees us selling Yakubu to Bolton Wanderers for £7,500,000

July 14th: Our next friendly is against FC Bayern and we walked away with a 2-2 draw with B.Vidarsson and J.Vaughan grabbing the goals.

Transfer news sees P.Jagielka joining Wigan Athletic for £5,250,000

July 16th: We now played VFB Stuttgart and won easily 2-1 with M.Arteta and V.Anichebe grabbing the goals

July 17th: Transfer news sees Chris Kirkland joining us from Wigan for a fee of £7,500,000, he is a 29yr old GK

July 18th: Our next game was against Inter Milan and beat them 2-1 with R.Sobis again grabbing two goals

July 31st: Our last friendly was against Matlock Town and we thrashed them 4-1 with B.Vidarsson and J.Vaughan grabbing a goal a piece and R.Sobis grabbing two goals

August 4th: Transfer news sees C.Samba joining Marseille for a fee of £9,250,000

August 6th: The draw for the League Cup 1st Round has seen us facing an away tie to Northampton Town

R.Sobis has had a good pre season so far, hopefully he can carry that on into League football, He did cost me abit Stoehrst but I'm sure he will pay it back with interest

August 7th: Peterborough United v Everton: Coca Cola Championship (1/46)

After a good pre season it was time for the real action to start as we aimed to get straight back up into the Premier League. It was Peterborough though who started the better and on the 8th minute they went into the lead as G.Hamilton made a mockery of my defence and fired past C.Kirkland with ease. There joy though was short lived as R.Sobis fired in a belter from the edge of the area on the 20th minute to level things up. Just after the half hour we had another chance as R.Sobis again ran into the area but his run was abruptly stopped by the defence.

The second half started the better for us and just before the hour we took the lead as R.Sobis fired in his second of the game. However this time it was my players who let themselves down as on the 71st minute we conceded a silly goal as J.Jackson latched onto a loose ball to fire past C.Kirkland and give them a share of the opening days points

Peterborough United 2 G.Hamilton 8, J.Jackson 71

Everton 2 R.Sobis 20, 59

I had some money left over from the previous season and some from sales I made

August 11th: Everton v Crystal Palace: Coca Cola Championship (2/46)

We now faced Crystal Palace and we were in control from the start. On the 3rd minute we had our first chance as V.Anichebe fired past the keeper but the ball curled just wide of the post. On the 23rd minute though we took the lead as L.Jutkiewicz slotted home after the keeper failed to deal with a V.Anichebe shot. Just before the break though palace had the chance score but C.Kirkland was alert enough to save the ball.

The second half was again mainly my Everton team and on the 56th minute we went into the lead as S.Paillot headed past the Palace keeper from a C.N’Zogbia corner. Eleven minutes later though V.Moses fired in a goal for Palace after they broke clear of my defence. Ten minutes later Palace had another chance and again we had to rely on C.Kirkland to block the effort. With the minutes running out Palace piled forward and on the 84th minute they had another chance but this time it was P.Neville who saved the day with a great clearance off the line after C.Kirklands initial save.

Everton 2 L.Jutkiewicz 23, S.Paillot 56

Crystal Palace 1 V.Moses 67

August 14th: Southend v Everton: Coca Cola Championship (3/46)

We started well again as we piled forward and on the 12th minute we went into the lead as R.Sobis grabbed another goal with a fine effort from the corner of the area. Nine minutes later we had another chance with V.Anichebe testing the keeper from the edge of the area. Southend weren’t getting much of the ball and on the 42nd minute V.Anichebe had another chance but yet again he fluffed the chance and fired high and wide of the goal.

The second half was pretty much the same as we dominated the Southend team but for all our pressure we struggled to get a shot on target but deep into injury time we grabbed the killer goal as F.Macheda dinked the ball over the onrushing keeper after running into a great throughball by R.Sobis

Southend 0

Everton 2 R.Sobis 12, F.Macheda 90+1

August 15th: I received a call for the Uruguayan FA asking whether I’d be interested in taking over as National Coach. I accepted the job but on my terms that I will be doing it part time as I wanted to stay as Everton manager. Amy first game though wont be till late November

August 18th: Northampton Town v Everton: League Cup 1st Round

We started well and on the 8th minute we took the lead as R.Sobis came back from an offside position to fire in past the Northampton keeper. Eleven minutes later we were two goals up as M.Arteta ran into the area and fired past the Town keeper with ease. We were in control of the game now and on the 44th minute we grabbed another goal as R.Sobis fired in his second of the match. The second half was again all us and on the 58th minute we grabbed another goal as A.Johnson scored his first and it looked like he was offside again, much to the annoyance of the Northampton manager. We piled on the pressure but it took till the 85th minute for us to grab goal number five with A.Johnson scoring the goal

Northampton Town 0

Everton 5 R.Sobis 8, 44, M.Arteta 19, A.Johnson 58, 85

August 21st: Everton v Port Vale: Coca Cola Championship (4/46)

We started the better and on the 10th minute we were a goal up as A.Lala ran into area without any trouble and fired past the keeper to send the home fans wild. We continued to pile forward and on the 19th minute we had another chance as a long ball over the top was fired towards goal by R.Sobis but his effort was well saved by the Vale keeper. We were controlling the game with ease. With three minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the second goal as F.Macheda showed his pace to get past his marker and fire into the net. The second half was pretty quiet in truth as my players relaxed alittle too much. Luckily for us though Vale offered little in the way of pressure and we grabbed all three points

Everton 2 A.Lala 10, F.Macheda 42

Port Vale 0

After the game I was informed that the League Cup 2nd Round draw has pitted us away to my first club Nottingham Forest

August 25th: Charlton v Everton: Coca Cola Championship (5/46)

We carried on from the previous game as we controlled much of the play and on the 28th minute we grabbed the lead as F.Macheda rose highest to nod home a great cross by J.McFadden. Six minutes later we should of grabbed another goal with F.Macheda again coming close but his effort flew inches past the post. With three minutes remaining in the half Charlton grabbed an unlikely equaliser as I.McLeod ran past my defence and fired past C.Kirkland.

The second half was much the same as we continued our pressure but it took us till the 86th minute to grab the winning goal as B.Vidarsson cheekily dinked the ball over the keeper

Charlton 1 I.McLeod 42

Everton 2 F.Macheda 28, B.Vidarsson 86

August 28th: Everton v Q.P.R: Coca Cola Championship (6/46)

We got off to a bad started as Q.P.R beat my defence with ease on the 9th minute and D.Leadbetter fired in. However the early goal woke my players up and we started to actually play football. On the 23rd minute we grabbed the equaliser as P.Neville crossed in for S.Paillot to nod in. Nine minutes later we were in the lead as R.Sobis sprinted with the ball into the area and rounded the keeper to slide the ball home into an empty net much to the delight of the Goodison Park crowd.

The second half saw us dominating much of the play and on the hour we should of killed the game off as R.Sobis missed a golden opportunity to wrap the game up when he was one on one with the Q.P.R keeper but his effort was pretty lame and the keeper easily saved

Everton 2 S.Paillot 23, R.Sobis 32

Q.P.R 1 D.Leadbetter 9

September 1st: Nottingham Forest v Everton: League Cup 2nd Round

My old team got off to the better start as on the 3rd minute they went into the lead as C.Iwelumo fired in past C.Kirkland. On the 19th minute we had our first chance to score as A.Johnson came close to scoring with a powerful effort which the Forest keeper saved well. Six minutes later though Forest came close to adding another goal after some dodgy defending saw C.Kirkland having to save well. On the 34th minute we finally grabbed the equaliser as A.Johnson rose highest to nod in a J.McFadden cross, Three minutes later we took the lead as A.Johnson again beat his marker to fire in under the Forest keeper.

The second half was mainly my team as we controlled alot of the play and on the hour we had another chance as A.Johnson ran onto a R.Sobis throughball but his effort was well saved by the Forest keeper. Forest were defending there hearts out and just before the full time whistle they again denied my team the chance to score with a well timed tackle in the area.

Nottingham Forest 1 C.lwelumo 3

Everton 2 A.Johnson 34, 37

After the game the physio informed me that J.McFadden will be out of action for around two to three weeks after straining his groin during the game

September 4th: Burnley v Everton: Coca Cola Championship (7/46)

We again dominated well and on the 13th minute we had the chance to take the lead as A.Johnson ran into the area but his effort was well saved by the Burnley keeper. Seven minutes later we grabbed the lead as R.Sobis fired in a thunderous effort from the edge of the area to give us the lead. Ten minutes later we had another chance as L.Osman ran into the area and fired towards goal but his effort was again well saved by the keeper.

The second half was much the same as we continued to control the play but for all our dominance we struggled to break the Burnley team down. However with two minutes remaining we grabbed the second goal as R.Sobis ran into the area to volley in a C.N’Zogbia cross

Burnley 0

Everton 2 R.Sobis 20, 88

After the game I was informed that we have been drawn at home with Fulham in the League Cup 3rd Round

September 18th: Everton v Cardiff: Coca Cola Championship (8/46)

The game in truth was pretty dire as we seemed to struggle to get going. It took till the 29th minute for us to get the first effort in as a long ball over the top was volleyed towards goal by F.Macheda but the Cardiff keeper saved well. On the stroke of half time we grabbed the goal we needed as B.Vidarsson fired in from inside the area.

The second half wasn’t much better as we again struggled to get going. On the 56th minute the game in effect was killed off as Cardiff’s M.Chopra was sent off for a second yellow card. After that the game petered out as Cardiff packed the defence and we just couldn’t get through.

Everton 1 B.Vidarsson 45

Cardiff 0

September 25th: Rotherham v Everton: Coca Cola Championship (10/46)

Again we started well as on the 7th minute we went into the lead as L.Osman ran into the area and unleashed a powerful effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. On the 21st minute Rotherham had the chance to grab the equaliser after a poor clearance by J.Yobo was intercepted but luckily for him C.Kirkland was alert enough to smother the ball at the attackers feet.

The second half was nine minutes old when Rotherham were reduced to ten men after K.Strickland was sent off for a second bookable offence. We took full advantage as on the 63rd minute we grabbed the second goal as A.Johnson used his strength to get past the defence and fire past the Rotherham keeper.

Rotherham 0

Everton 2 L.Osman 7, A.Johnson 63

Coca Cola Championship: 10 Games in

| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 1st   |       | EVERTON        |       | 10    | 9     | 1     | 0     | 19    | 5     | +14   | 28    | [/b]
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Sheff Utd      |       | 10    | 6     | 4     | 0     | 15    | 7     | +8    | 22    | 
| 3rd   |       | Norwich        |       | 10    | 6     | 3     | 1     | 17    | 11    | +6    | 21    | 
| 4th   |       | Watford        |       | 10    | 5     | 3     | 2     | 18    | 9     | +9    | 18    | 
| 5th   |       | Wigan          |       | 10    | 4     | 5     | 1     | 18    | 9     | +9    | 17    | 
| 6th   |       | Southend       |       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 13    | 11    | +2    | 16    | 
| 7th   |       | Leicester      |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 18    | 17    | +1    | 16    | 
| 8th   |       | Southampton    |       | 10    | 4     | 3     | 3     | 15    | 12    | +3    | 15    | 
| 9th   |       | Colchester     |       | 10    | 4     | 3     | 3     | 16    | 14    | +2    | 15    | 
| 10th  |       | Leeds          |       | 10    | 4     | 3     | 3     | 13    | 12    | +1    | 15    | 
| 11th  |       | Charlton       |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 14    | 13    | +1    | 14    | 
| 12th  |       | West Brom      |       | 10    | 3     | 4     | 3     | 15    | 14    | +1    | 13    | 
| 13th  |       | Crystal Palace |       | 10    | 3     | 4     | 3     | 13    | 12    | +1    | 13    | 
| 14th  |       | Barnsley       |       | 10    | 4     | 1     | 5     | 10    | 12    | -2    | 13    | 
| 15th  |       | Ipswich        |       | 10    | 4     | 1     | 5     | 15    | 19    | -4    | 13    | 
| 16th  |       | Cardiff        |       | 10    | 3     | 3     | 4     | 10    | 15    | -5    | 12    | 
| 17th  |       | Burnley        |       | 10    | 4     | 0     | 6     | 9     | 15    | -6    | 12    | 
| 18th  |       | Preston        |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 14    | 16    | -2    | 11    | 
| 19th  |       | Q.P.R.         |       | 10    | 3     | 1     | 6     | 9     | 13    | -4    | 10    | 
| 20th  |       | Port Vale      |       | 10    | 1     | 6     | 3     | 8     | 11    | -3    | 9     | 
| 21st  |       | Coventry       |       | 10    | 2     | 1     | 7     | 8     | 15    | -7    | 7     | 
| 22nd  |       | Peterborough   |       | 10    | 1     | 4     | 5     | 13    | 21    | -8    | 7     | 
| 23rd  |       | Bradford       |       | 10    | 1     | 3     | 6     | 7     | 17    | -10   | 6     | 
| 24th  |       | Rotherham      |       | 10    | 1     | 2     | 7     | 10    | 17    | -7    | 5     | 

Its good to have you still following leon, its been a good start but we need to make sure that we don't start getting complancent

September 29th: Everton v Fulham: League Cup 3rd Round

We now faced a League Cup tie against Fulham. Fulham started the better and it wasn’t long till they had C.Kirkland diving full stretch to save the day. Just before the half hour Fulham grabbed the lead as P.Anderson jinked his way through the defence and fire past C.Kirkland who stood no chance in saving the ball. Fulham were having the better of the play and just before the half time interval they came close to grabbing a second goal but yet again C.Kirkland denied them the chance of scoring.

The second half wasn’t much better for us as we struggled to get going but we were given a huge helping hand as the Fulham defence gifted us a corner, C.N’Zogbia whipped the corner in and J.Yobo did the honours with a great header to give us the equaliser. Twelve minutes later Fulham again gave us a helping hand as S.Davies received a second yellow and then a red. With Fulham down to ten men my players actually began to play and on the 86th minute we should of grabbed the lead as R.Sobis fired towards goal but his effort was tipped wide of the upright. The game went into extra time.

The first half of extra time yielded nothing in the way of action as neither my team or the Fulham team went for it. The second half wasn’t much better however with three minutes remaining we grabbed the lead as a long ball from the defence was hit home by J.McFadden. On the 119th minute we killed off any chance of a Fulham comeback as V.Anichebe fired past the Fulham keeper to send us into the 4th round of the League Cup

Everton 3 J.Yobo 61, J.McFadden 117, V.Anichebe 119

Fulham 1 P.Anderson 26

October 1st: I have been awarded the Coca Cola Championship Manager of the Month Award

October 2nd: Everton v Ipswich Town: Coca Cola Championship (11/46)

We got off to a poor start as on the 4th minute we were a goal down as a cross by the Ipswich midfield was diverted past C.Kirkland by J.McCarten for an own goal. We struggled to get going and it took till the 37th minute for us to get our first real effort as R.Sobis headed wide of the post after running un marked into the area.

The second half wasn’t much better as we just couldn’t get more that a couple of passes together. We only had the one chance on the half as R.Sobis tried his luck from just inside the area but his effort was poor and it went wide of the post. I was far from happy with the teams performance and after the game I let them know exactly what I thought of them

Everton 0

Ipswich 1 J.McCarten og 4

After the game I found out that we will be facing a Home tie with Charlton in the League Cup 4th Round

October 9th: Everton v Bradford: Coca Cola Championship (12/46)

We began the game well and o the 9th minute we went into the lead as A.Johnson ran onto a J.McFadden throughball to fire past the Bradford keeper. It got even better ten minutes later as A.Johnson again fired in after running free into the area to nod home a cross by L.Osman. Bradford were looking out of it already and on the 42nd minute we had the chance for another goal as R.Sobis slammed the ball towards goal but the keeper saved well.

The second half saw us continuing the forward pressure and on the hour we grabbed the third goal as J.McFadden rattled the ball in off the crossbar. Soon after we had another chance as R.Sobis sprinted into the area but before he had the chance to shoot a Bradford defender slid in and diverted the ball wide

Everton 3 A.Johnson 9, 19, J.McFadden 60

Bradford 0

October 19th: Injury news sees L.Jutkiewicz out of action for around two months after damaging his hip in training

A slight hiccup with the loss but as you said the players responded well for me, thats all I can ask for

October 23rd: Colchester v Everton: Coca Cola Championship (13/46)

Colchester began well and on the 5th minute they went into the lead as K.Duguid hit a brilliant effort from the edge of the area to send the home crowd wild, however three minutes later we grabbed the equaliser as A.Johnson carried on his fine form to slide the ball under the onrushing keeper. Colchester then had another chance on the 15th minute with what should of been a simple tap in but there striker somehow managed to fluff the shot. On the 19th minute we went into the lead as J.McFadden hit a powerful effort towards goal which the keeper flapped at and A.Johnson tapped in the loose ball. Two minutes later we added another goal as R.Sobis bravely headed in after a powerful cross by P.Neville was missed by the defence. We carried on piling forward and on the 39th minute we grabbed another goal as R.Sobis cleverly chipped the keeper from the edge of the area to make it 4-1. Two minutes later Colchester pulled a goal back as B.Wright-Phillips made my defence look stupid with a great run to fire past my keeper.

The second half was much the same with lot of attacking football and just after the hour we grabbed another goal as C.N’Zogbia curled the ball into the top corner from just outside the corner of the area. After the goal my players seemed to back down the pace. We had one final chance of the game as on the 75th minute R.Sobis tried his luck from the edge of the area but his effort was well saved by the keeper

Colchester 2 K.Duguid 5, B.Wright-Phillips 41

Everton 5 A.Johnson 8, 19, R.Sobis 21, 39, C.N’Zogbia 63

October 27th: Everton v Sheff.United: Coca Cola Championship (14/46)

A good starts aw go a goal up on the 10th minute as A.Johnson fired in a simple effort from six yards after a slip up by the United defence. However eight minutes later we conceded a silly goal as R.Sirl ran onto a poor clearance by C.Kirkland to fire into the net. On the 39th minute we had the chance to grab another goal as R.Sobis hit a daisy cutter towards goal but the ball was well saved by the United keeper.

The second half controlled by my team and on the 62nd minute we should of fired in the lead as L.Osman rattled in a great shot but the United keeper saved well. With eleven minutes left we fired in the lead as R.Clifford showed his pace to beat the defence and fire past the keeper. On the 85th minute we killed the game off as C.N’Zogbia fired in an absolute belter from 35 yards which gave the United keeper no chance of saving

Everton 3 A.Johnson 10, R.Clifford 79, C.N’Zogbia 85

Sheff.United 1 R.Sirl 18

October 30th: Preston v Everton: Coca Cola Championship (15/46)

A dire game in truth as we struggled to break down a tough Preston defence. I took us till the 27th minute to have the first real effort as a long cross field pass by J.McFadden was headed towards goal by R.Sobis but the keeper saved well. With two minutes remaining in the half we went into the lead as A.Johnson rose highest to nod home a J.McFadden cross.

The second half was pretty dire in truth and it took till late in the game for us to get a shot in as F.Macheda ran onto a pass by L.Osman but his effort was well saved by the keeper

Preston 0

Everton 1 A.Johnson 43

November 1st: C.N’Zogbia has grabbed the Goal of the Month award for his 35 yard thunderbolt against Sheff.United on October 27th

November 3rd: Everton v Charlton: League Cup 4th Round

It was now time for my team to see if we can get into the next round of the cup. The first half was poor in truth as we seemed to be alittle tool cautious with the ball. On the 34th minute Charlton had the only chance of the half as they broke clear of my defence but luckily for us they couldn’t get past my keeper whop saved well from the effort.

The second half wasn’t much better in truth as neither my team or the Charlton team tried to attack and the game went into extra time. I told the players they needed to get in there and actually attack Charlton. We started the last thirty minutes well and on the 104th minute we grabbed the only goal of the game with C.N’Zogbia firing past the Charlton keeper from inside the area. Both my team and Charlton’s teams looked knackered by the end of the game and we got through this dire tie

Everton 1 C.N’Zogbia 104

Charlton 0

Archived