Italian Leagues:

Serie A:

1st Inter Milan, 2nd Fiorentina, 3rd AC.Milan

Relegated: Cagliari, Udinese, Brescia

Serie B:

Promoted; Piacenza, Rimini Playoff: Perugia

Relegated: Spezia, Pisa, Avellino, Venezia

Italian Cup: Reggina 3-1 Bologna

Italian Super Cup: Napoli 1-1 Torino (pen 7-6 Napoli)

Spanish Leagues:

First Division:

1st Sevilla, 2nd Real Madrid, 3rd Celta

Relegated: Albacete, Mallorca, Almeria

LIGA BBVA:

Promoted: Cadiz, Betis, Racing

Relegated: Malaga, Ejido, Real Union, Lorca

Spanish Cup: Tenerife 1-0 Barcelona (aet)

Spanish Super Cup: Athletic 3-3 Barcelona (* aggregate score) (Athletic win on away goal)

Federations Cup: Talavora 3-2 R.Sociedad (* aggregate score)

European Results:

Champions League: Celta 2-1 Chelsea

UEFA Cup: Lazio 1-0 Roma

European Super Cup: Chelsea 2-1 Celta

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 2nd: I have been offered for the second time the job as manager of Olympique de Marseille by there Chairman Pape Diouf. I accepted the two year £6,500 p/w contract. I have been told that due to the poor financial state of the club I will have no transfer fund and will need to shed £140,000 p/w of the clubs wage bill

Marseille Squad:

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                | Position       | Morale    | Form      | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1      |        | Cédric Carrasso     | GK             | Okay      | 8-6-6-6-7 | 87%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Sébastien Hamel     | GK             | Okay      | -         | 87%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 4      |        | Carl Medjani        | SW, D C, DM    | Okay      | 6-7-7-6-6 | 88%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 15     |        | Milan Bisevac       | D RC           | Okay      | 7-7-6-6-5 | 85%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 14     |        | Christopher Samba   | D RC           | Very Good | 6-9-6-7-7 | 91%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 2      |        | Arthur Sorin        | D R            | Okay      | 7-6-6-5-7 | 87%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 13     |        | Patrick van Aanholt | D LC           | Okay      | 6-6-5-6-7 | 88%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 12     |        | Bernd Korzynietz    | D/WB R         | Okay      | 7-6-6-6-5 | 88%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 3      |        | Taye Taiwo          | D/WB L         | Okay      | 6-7-7-7-7 | 83%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 18     | Wnt    | Giampiero Pinzi     | WB R, DM, M RC | Okay      | 6-7-7-6-6 | 88%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 7      | Tut    | Benoît Cheyrou      | DM             | Okay      | 7-7-8-6-8 | 90%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 8      |        | Peter Luccin        | DM             | Okay      | 5-7-7-6-7 | 88%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 19     |        | Mate Puljic         | DM             | Okay      | 7-7-7-7-7 | 85%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 21     |        | Taijo Teniste       | M L            | Okay      | 7-6-7-7-6 | 84%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 6      |        | Mikhail Afanasiev   | AM RLC         | Okay      | 6-6-7-5-7 | 88%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 16     |        | Anton Putilo        | AM RC          | Okay      | 8-6-7-6-8 | 89%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 17     |        | Eduardo Garrido     | AM L           | Okay      | 6-6-6-6-5 | 78%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 9      | Tut    | Djibril Cissé       | ST             | Okay      | 8-7-7-6-7 | 88%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 10     | Yth    | Fabrice Forge       | ST             | Good      | -         | 84%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 20     |        | André-Pierre Gignac | ST             | Okay      | 6-7-8-7-8 | 90%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| 11     | Fgn    | Eddie Johnson       | ST             | Okay      | 6-7-6-7-6 | 92%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| -      |        | Christian Paris     | ST             | Okay      | 7-8-9-8-8 | 87%    | -      | -      | -      | 

July 10th: My teams first friendly is away to Dundalk and we walked away with a 2-2 draw with G.Pinzi and Mauricio grabbing a goal a piece but we were two goals down before we got going

July 13th: We now faced Waterford Utd and performed brilliantly to record a 3-0 victory with P.Luccin, D.Cisse and A.P.Gignac all grabbing a goal

July 15th: Our next friendly was against Derry City and grabbed a good 3-1 victory with B.Cheyrou, Mauricio and A.Matri grabbing a goal each but we conceded a silly early goal

July 21st: We now faced an away game with Seigen and won 2-0 with T.Teniste and E.Garrido grabbing a goal each but it was a struggle to get the victory

July 23rd: My side now faced a home game with Nurnberg and walked away with a 3-2 victory with A.Putilo, A.P.Gignac and C.Samba each scoring, but yet again I was unhappy with the way we conceded two stupid goals when we were 3-0 up

August 1st: The board have informed me that they will be giving me £70,000 to spend on players, but I decided to put the money into the wage budget. We are currently spending £512,063 p/w and the wage budget is £379,664

August 3rd: Amiens SCF v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (1/38)

My first competitive game and we started well as on the 7th minute we came close to grabbing the lead with A.P.Gignac firing just wide of the post after making his way into the Amiens area, however on the 16th minute the home side took the lead as R.Cohade fired past C.Carrasso in my goal. The lead though only lasted a minute though as D.Cisse fired with ease past the Amiens keeper after a great run. We started to up the gears after the goal and on the 27th minute we had another chance as D.Cisse again came close with a thunderous effort but the home keeper saved well. On the stroke of half time we went into the lead as A.Putilo jinked his way into the area to fire past the Amiens keeper.

The second half was dominated by my team but on the 62nd minute I was forced into a change as A.Putilo had to be replaced after receiving a head injury. We were in control of the half and on the 77th minute we killed the game off as A.P.Gignac fired in from close range after a wicked cross by M.Afanasiev to give me a first victory in charge of Marseille

Amiens SCF 1 R.Cohade 16

Marseille 3 D.Cisse 17, A.Putilo 45, A.P.Gignac 77

August 10th: Marseille v Monaco: Ligue 1 Orange (2/38)

We carried on from the previous game as we dominated a poor Monaco side. We opened the scoring on the 12th minute as D.Cisse found space in the area to curled the past the Monaco keeper. On the 29th minute we fired in another goal as D.Cisse again fired past the Monaco keeper after he was left all alone in the area. However two minutes later Monaco pulled a goal back as M.Martin headed past my keeper after my defence fell asleep. We however reacted well and on the 45th minute we regained our two goal advantage as E.Johnson headed past the keeper from a G.Pinzi.

The second half was much the same and on the 50th minute we grabbed another goal as C.Paris ran into the area to fire past the Monaco keeper. It was getting far to easy for my team and on the 67th minute we had another chance as C.Paris again came close with a rasping effort but it was easily saved by the keeper. On the 79th minute we grabbed a fifth goal as T.Taiwo hit a great effort from the corner of the area to give us 5-1 victory

Marseille 5 D.Cisse 12, 29, E.Johnson 45, C.Paris 50, T.Taiwo 79

Monaco 1 M.Martin 31

August 14th: Lyon v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (3/38)

Dire is all I can say about the game as we struggled to recapture the form of the last two games. However there was one incident of note as on the 73rd minute we were reduced to ten men after T.Taiwo was sent off for an elbow on a Lyon player. Not a good game for the fans

Lyon 0

Marseille 0

August 17th: Marseille v FC Sochaux: Lique 1 Orange (4/38)

Another drab game as we again struggled to get going. It took us till the 43rd minute for us to have the first effort as D.Cisse headed towards the goal but the Sochaux keeper saved well.

The second half wasn’t much better with no sort of action.

Marseille 0

FC Sochaux 0

I was informed after the game that E.Carrado will be out of action for around a fortnight after bruising his thigh

August 20th: Injury news sees G.Pinzi out for around three weeks after straining his Calf muscle during training

August 21st: I have been informed by the French FA that T.Taiwo will be suspended for an extra two matches for his sending off against Lyon

August 25th: Marseille v OGC Nice: Ligue 1 Orange (5/38)

The first half was pretty quiet as we struggled to get going. It took us till the 31st minute to get the first real effort off as C.Samba headed in off the post from a G.Pizzi cross to give us the lead. The second half was completely different as my players upped there game and so did Nice. On the 56th minute Nice took the lead as A.Fernandez fired in past C.Carrasso after some slack defending by my team. However two minutes later my attackers sent us back into the lead as A-P.Gignac fired in from close range. Soon after we had another chance to score with D.Cisse coming close but his effort was well saved. With five minutes remaining though Nice grabbed the equaliser as M.Lacen fired past my keeper after some more bad defending. On the 86th minute we again regained the lead as B.Cheyrou curled in a great effort from the edge of the area, but as before we let ourselves down as J.Lacourt fired in from just inside the area to give Nice a share of the points.

Marseille 3 C.Samba 31, A-P.Gignac 58, B.Cheyrou 86

OGC Nice 3 A.Fernandez 56, M.Lacen 85, J.Lacourt 87

After the game I announced the transfer of A.Matri who will be joining German club Frankfurt for a fee of £500,000, not a lot of money but needs must

August 28th: Le Havre AC v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (6/38)

We started well against Havre and on the 13th minute we had our first chance of the game as E.Johnson ran into the area and fired towards goal but his effort went just wide of the post. Eight minutes later we had another chance with C.Samba heading just wide of the post from a M.Afanasiev cross. We were controlling the game and on the 37th minute we finally grabbed the opening goal as D.Cisse showed his strength to barge through the defence and fire past the Havre keeper.

The second half didn’t start well for us as on the 54th minute we went a goal down as P.Pons broke through my defence and fired under the body of C.Carrasso. After the goal we seemed to struggle to struggle and on the 69th minute Havre nearly took the lead but a great last ditch tackle by A.Sorin saw the ball cleared

Le Havre AC 1 P.Pons 54

Marseille 1 D.Cisse 37

After the game I was informed that we have been draw at home with PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue 3rd Round draw

August 31st; Marseille v PSG: Ligue 1 Orange (7/38)

We now faced our Coupe de la Ligue opponents as we welcomed PSG, but it was PSG who played the better and on the 19th minute they came close with a rasping effort which was well saved by C.Carrasso. Just after the half hour PSG grabbed the lead as B.Sahar headed past my keeper after my defence failed to deal with a simple cross. However we reacted well and on the 45th minute we grabbed the equaliser as D.Cisse fired in an unstoppable effort from the edge of the area.

The second half was a lot better for us as we controlled the majority of the half and on the 69th minute we went into the lead as D.Cisse hit a low shot past the PSG keeper. PSG weren’t getting near the ball as we passed the ball around with ease and just before the end of the game we had the chance of a third goal but A-Pierre Gignac’s effort went just wide of the post

Marseille 2 D.Cisse 45, 69

PSG 1 B.Sahar 31

September 15th: Marseille v Stade Rennais FC; Ligue 1 Orange (8/38)

An absolutely brilliant first half saw the fans treated to some great football. On the 17th minute the first goal flew in as Sandro ran into the area to give Rennais the lead, five minutes later we were a further goal down as Sandro grabbed his and Rennais second of the game. It was becoming embarrassing as we were being outplayed. On the 28th minute Rennais grabbed a third goal as N.Maurice-Belay headed past C.Carrasso. However on the 35th minute we pulled a goal back as C.Paris showed some pace to beat his marker and fired past the Rennais keeper, four minutes later we grabbed another goal C.Paris headed in from close range after a long range pass by M.Afanasiev. With four minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the equaliser as C.Paris completed his hattrick to complete a great comeback.

The second half though was pretty boring in comparison. There was one goal in the half though as with eight minutes remaining we grabbed the win as E.Johnson fired in from the edge of the area to give us a surpising three points

Marseille 4 C.Paris 35, 39, 41, E.Johnson 82

Stade Rennais FC 3 Sandro 17, 22, N.Maurice-Belay 28

September 18th: Stade Brestois 29 v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (9/38)

We got off to a great start as D.Cisse fired us into the lead on the 14th minute. However on the 26th minute we conceded as X.Penetcote did the honours from just inside the area. Brestois seemed to be lifted by the goal and on the 36th minute they went into the lead as A.Boulile fired in from close range.

The second half was alittle better as my players reacted well to my harsh words. We controlled much of the half and on the 78th minute we grabbed the equaliser as A.Putilo ran into the area and fired past the opposition keeper. With five minutes remaining we won the game as Mauricio jinked his way past the defence to fire under the keeper

Stade Brestois 29 2 X.Penetcote 26, A.Boulile 36

Marseille 3 D.Cisse 14, A.Putilo 78, Mauricio 85

September 21st: Grenoble Foot 38 v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (10/38)

Grenoble started well and on the 5th minute they went into the lead as J.Mainfroi ran into the area past A.Sorin to fire past my keeper. On the 28th minute Grenoble had another chance with a long ball over the top but before the attacker had the chance to score P.van Aanholt cleared the loose ball. The second half wasn’t much better for us as we struggled to get going and on the 58th minute we were reduced to ten men after Mauricio was sent off for a second yellow. Grenoble carried on piling forward but they just couldn’t grab the killer goal. However deep into injury time we grabbed the equaliser P.Gignac fired in a screamer from the edge of the area to give us an unlikely point

Grenoble Foot 38 1 J.Mainfroi 5

Marseille 1 P.Gignac 90+3

Lique 1 Orange: 10 Games In:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team                   |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Olympique Lyonnais     |       | 9     | 6     | 3     | 0     | 21    | 5     | +16   | 21    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | AJ Auxerre             |       | 10    | 7     | 0     | 3     | 17    | 9     | +8    | 21    | 
[b]| 3rd   |       | Olympique de Marseille |       | 10    | 5     | 5     | 0     | 22    | 13    | +9    | 20    |[/b] 
| 4th   |       | Girondins Bordeaux     |       | 8     | 5     | 2     | 1     | 15    | 7     | +8    | 17    | 
| 5th   |       | Valenciennes FC        |       | 9     | 5     | 2     | 2     | 19    | 14    | +5    | 17    | 
| 6th   |       | Paris Saint-Germain    |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 16    | 14    | +2    | 16    | 
| 7th   |       | OGC Nice               |       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 18    | 17    | +1    | 16    | 
| 8th   |       | AS Nancy-Lorraine      |       | 9     | 3     | 4     | 2     | 14    | 12    | +2    | 13    | 
| 9th   |       | AS Monaco FC           |       | 8     | 4     | 1     | 3     | 14    | 13    | +1    | 13    | 
| 10th  |       | Grenoble Foot 38       |       | 9     | 3     | 3     | 3     | 8     | 12    | -4    | 12    | 
| 11th  |       | Le Mans UC 72          |       | 8     | 3     | 2     | 3     | 13    | 10    | +3    | 11    | 
| 12th  |       | RC Lens                |       | 8     | 3     | 2     | 3     | 10    | 9     | +1    | 11    | 
| 13th  |       | AS Saint-Etienne       |       | 9     | 3     | 2     | 4     | 12    | 12    | 0     | 11    | 
| 14th  |       | Le Havre AC            |       | 10    | 2     | 5     | 3     | 14    | 15    | -1    | 11    | 
| 15th  |       | FC Sochaux             |       | 9     | 3     | 2     | 4     | 11    | 14    | -3    | 11    | 
| 16th  |       | Stade Rennais FC       |       | 10    | 3     | 1     | 6     | 12    | 16    | -4    | 10    | 
| 17th  |       | LOSC Lille Métropole   |       | 10    | 1     | 3     | 6     | 13    | 21    | -8    | 6     | 
| 18th  |       | ES Troyes AC           |       | 8     | 1     | 2     | 5     | 5     | 15    | -10   | 5     | 
| 19th  |       | Stade Brestois 29      |       | 10    | 0     | 4     | 6     | 13    | 25    | -12   | 4     | 
| 20th  |       | Amiens SCF             |       | 10    | 0     | 4     | 6     | 8     | 22    | -14   | 4     | 

• 2 weeks later...

September 24th: Marseille v PSG: Coupe de la Ligue 3rd Round

We now had a break from league duties as we faced PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue. We started well but on the 19th minute we were forced into a change as E.Garrido picked up a head injury. On the 28th minute we had our first real chance as C.Paris ran into the area to fire towards goal but his effort was well saved by the keeper. On the 36th minute we grabbed the lead as C.Samba rose highest to head home from a A.Putilo corner. Four minutes later we went further onto the lead as B.Cheyrou showed some pace to get into the area and fire into the net. On the stroke of half time we grabbed another goal as M.Afanasiev fired in our third goal. The second half was pretty dire in comparison as we sat back too much. On the 79th minute though PSG had the chance to grab a goal after C.Samba fouled in the area for a penalty, however P.A.Frau stepped up and fired towards goal but his penalty was poor and C.Carrasso saved well

Marseille 3 C.Samba 36, B.Cheyrou 40, M.Afanasiev 45

PSG 0

Injury news: E.Garrido will be out of action for around a week after receiving a bruised head

September 28th: Marseille v ES Troyes AC: Ligue 1 Orange (11/38)

We started the game pretty well and on the 11th minute we had the first chance of the game as E.Johnson rose highest to head towards goal but the Troyes keeper saved well. However that was it really for the first half. The second half was a lot more exciting as on the 51st minute Troyes were reduced to ten men after R.Anters was sent off for a second yellow card. On the 77th minute we finally broke the deadlock as E.Johnson ran onto a throughball to fire past the keeper. Three minutes later Troyes day got even worse as P.Masson was sent off for two yellow card. On the stroke of full time Troyes were down to eight men after another red card with A.Vokovic earning his second yellow card. We punished them for this as deep into injury time B.Cheyrou headed home to give us a two goal victory

Marseille 2 E.Johnson 77, B.Cheyrou 90+1

ES Troyes AC 0

October 1st: The board offered me more money for the transfer fund, I told them to add it to cut the wage deficit. It has taken our over spend from £133,000 p/w to £67,500 p/w

October 4th; Injury news sees us losing M.Bisevac for around two months after picking up a hip injury in training

October 6th; AS Saint Etienne v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (12/38)

The game started with a bang as on the 2nd minute Saint Etienne were reduced to ten men after D.Perquis slid through C.Paris for a professional foul. However with the opposition down to ten men we seemed to struggle to get through the brick wall they had set up. On the stroke of full time we were forced into a change as T.Teniste picked up an ankle injury. The second half wasn’t much better and the game dragged past

AS Saint Etienne 0

Marseille 0

Injury news: T.Teniste will be out of action for around a month with a sprained ankle

October 14th: The draw for the Coupe de la Ligue 4th Round has seen us pitted at home with Valenciennes FC

October 19th: Valenciennes FC v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (13/38)

We got off to a great start as on the 4th minute we went into the lead with D.Cisse firing in from close range after the Valenciennes defence failed to deal with a long ball. However on the 21st minute Valenciennes grabbed the equaliser as A.Benjelloun fired in after barging his way through my defence, the home teams join though didn’t last long as on the 24th minute D.Cisse fired in second of the game. Yet again we failed to hold onto our lead as two minutes later J.Rodriguez headed home for Valenciennes. With seven minutes remaining in the half we retook the lead as D.Cisse completed his hattrick with a well struck effort from just inside the area. The second half was a lot quieter but just after the hour we killed the game off as A.P.Gignac headed home from close range to give us a 4-2 victory

Valenciennes FC 2 A.Benjelloun 21, J.Rodriguez 26

Marseille 4 D.Cisse 5, 24, 38, A.P.Gignac 62

October 23rd: Marseille v RC Lens: Ligue 1 Orange (14/38)

The first half was pretty dire in truth with neither my team nor the Lens team really attacking, however on the 43rd minute we grabbed the lead as C.Paris jinked his way through the defence to fire under the Lens keeper. The second half was alittle better as eight minutes into it we went further into the lead as C.Paris made it two for the game . However on the hour Lens pulled a goal back as B.Mezenga curled the ball round my keepers arms. After the goal Lens didn’t really to pressurized us and with a minute remaining in the game we killed off any of there hopes as C.Paris completed his hattrick with a brave header after the Lens keeper flapped at the ball

Marseille 3 C.Paris 43, 53, 89

RC Lens 1 B.Mezenga 60

October 29th: Marseille v Valenciennes FC: Coupe de la Ligue 4th Round

It was now cup time and we again started well as on the 17th minute we grabbed the lead as D.Cisse headed in from the under the crossbar after the keeper flapped at the ball. Eleven minutes later we doubled our lead as C.Paris curled the ball into the top corner from the edge of the area. The Valenciennes team just weren’t getting near the ball and on the 41st minute we grabbed a further goal as D.Cisse did the honours from close range. The second half was much the same as we continued to pressurize the Valenciennes team. However on the 56th minute A.Benjelloun fired in for the away side . We carried on piling forward after the goal and with eight minutes remaining on the clock we grabbed our fourth goal as Mauricio headed in to send us through to the next round

Marseille 4 D.Cisse 17, 41, C.Paris 28, Mauricio 82

Valenciennes FC 1 A.Benjelloun 56

After the game I announced the departure of A.Putilo for £4,000,000. He will be joining Bordeaux. I decided to use the excess funds to further reduce the wage deficit to only £17,000 p/w

October 30th: The draw for the Coupe de la Ligue ¼ Final has seen us pitted at home against OGC Nice

November 3rd: LOSC Lille Montropole v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (16/38)

Not the best of games as we struggled with the basics. On the 28th minute Lille had the first chance to score with a long range effort which had my keeper struggling to reach but he managed to get across the goal line to tip it round the post. Eight minutes later they had another chance with a powerful effort which was well blocked by P.van Aanholt. During the interval I went at my players and told them I wanted a lot more from them in the next forty five minutes. On the 58th minute the first goal was scored as a long punt upfield by C.Carrasso was half volleyed past the Lille keeper to give us an undeserved lead. However Lille continued to pile forward and on the 77th minute they grabbed the equaliser with a thunderous effort by L.Obraniak beating my keeper with ease. On the stroke of full time Lille had the chance to get all three points but there attacker somehow managed to fluff his effort in front of goal and we grabbed a very flattering point

LOSC Lille Montropole 1 L.Obraniak 77

Marseille 1 D.Cisse 58

November 11th: Marseille v Auxerre: Ligue 1 Orange (17/38)

We started pretty well and on the 7th minute we had our first chance with a well struck effort from D.Cisse but his effort was well saved by the Auxerre keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance as E.Johnson came close with a good header from close range but yet again the keeper saved well. On the 24th minute the first goal was scored as I.Jelen ran from the halfway line to fire under my keeper and give Auxerre an undeserved lead. However there lead didnt last too long as on the 35th minute we grabbed the equaliser as M.Afanasiev curled in the ball from the edge of the area to give the keeper no chance of saving. The second half was all us as we controlled much of the forty five minutes. On the 53rd minute we grabbed the lead as E.Johnson headed past the Auxerre keeper after a great cross by M.Afanasiev. We carried on the forward pressure and on the stroke of full time we grabbed the killer goal as E.Johnson slid the ball under the Auxerre keeper to give us all three points

Marseille 3 M.Afanasiev 35, E.Johnson 53, 90

Auxerre 1 I.Jelen 24

November 13th: Injury news sees A.P.Gignac out of action for around 1-2 weeks after injuring his face during training

November 16th; injury news sees M.Afanasiev out for around two months after breaking a toe during training with the Belarusian National team

November 27th: Yet more damn injury news sees C.Carrasso out for around 3-4 weeks after straining his back in training

December 1st: Bordeaux v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (18/38)

We didn’t start the month that well as we struggled to get going in this game. On the 17th minute Bordeaux took the lead as M.Chamakh ran past my defence and keeper to slide the ball into the empty net. Bordeaux continued to pile forward and on the stroke of half time we were lucky not too go a further goal down but my keeper pulled off a great save to deny them the goal. The second half was alittle better for us as we managed to keep the ball better but we just couldn’t get forward and ended the game without getting a meaningful effort on target

Bordeaux 1 M.Chamakh 17

Marseille 0

December 8th; Marseille v Le Mans UC72: Ligue 1 Orange (19/38)

Another poor game were we struggled to get any sort of meaningful action. Luckily for us Le Mans were just as bad. Even after I gave the team a half time rollicking they failed to up there game and the poor fans had to endure a dire ninety minutes of football.

Marseille 0

Le Mans UC72 0

December 15th: The draw for the French Cup 9th Round sees us pitted away to Raon-L’Etape

December 21st: Monaco v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (20/38)

We just cant seem to get out of this sudden slump and on the 5th minute we went a goal down as A.Salami ran past my defence to fire under the body of my keeper. Monaco were piling forward and on the 44th minute we had the referee to thank as he ruled out what looked like a perfectly legitimate goal. The second half was a minute old when we conceded again as A.Milevskiy beat my defence with ease to fire past the keeper. We offer little in the form of attacking play and fully deserved to lose

Monaco 2 A.Salami 5, A.Milevskiy 46

Marseille 0

Ligue 1 Orange: 20 Games in

| Pos   | Inf   | Team                   |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Olympique Lyonnais     |       | 19    | 12    | 6     | 1     | 40    | 14    | +26   | 42    | 
| 2nd   |       | Girondins Bordeaux     |       | 19    | 13    | 3     | 3     | 30    | 12    | +18   | 42    | 
[b]| 3rd   |       | Olympique de Marseille |       | 20    | 9     | 9     | 2     | 35    | 21    | +14   | 36    |[/b] 
| 4th   |       | Paris Saint-Germain    |       | 20    | 11    | 3     | 6     | 32    | 19    | +13   | 36    | 
| 5th   |       | OGC Nice               |       | 20    | 9     | 7     | 4     | 40    | 31    | +9    | 34    | 
| 6th   |       | RC Lens                |       | 19    | 10    | 4     | 5     | 29    | 20    | +9    | 34    | 
| 7th   |       | AS Nancy-Lorraine      |       | 19    | 9     | 6     | 4     | 30    | 18    | +12   | 33    | 
| 8th   |       | AJ Auxerre             |       | 20    | 10    | 0     | 10    | 28    | 31    | -3    | 30    | 
| 9th   |       | AS Saint-Etienne       |       | 20    | 7     | 7     | 6     | 27    | 24    | +3    | 28    | 
| 10th  |       | Le Mans UC 72          |       | 20    | 7     | 6     | 7     | 25    | 22    | +3    | 27    | 
| 11th  |       | Valenciennes FC        |       | 19    | 7     | 6     | 6     | 27    | 28    | -1    | 27    | 
| 12th  |       | FC Sochaux             |       | 19    | 7     | 4     | 8     | 24    | 27    | -3    | 25    | 
| 13th  |       | AS Monaco FC           |       | 19    | 7     | 3     | 9     | 29    | 29    | 0     | 24    | 
| 14th  |       | LOSC Lille Métropole   |       | 20    | 4     | 8     | 8     | 26    | 32    | -6    | 20    | 
| 15th  |       | Le Havre AC            |       | 20    | 3     | 10    | 7     | 18    | 22    | -4    | 19    | 
| 16th  |       | Grenoble Foot 38       |       | 20    | 4     | 7     | 9     | 15    | 29    | -14   | 19    | 
| 17th  |       | Stade Rennais FC       |       | 20    | 5     | 3     | 12    | 21    | 39    | -18   | 18    | 
| 18th  |       | ES Troyes AC           |       | 19    | 3     | 6     | 10    | 13    | 28    | -15   | 15    | 
| 19th  |       | Stade Brestois 29      |       | 20    | 3     | 6     | 11    | 25    | 41    | -16   | 15    | 
| 20th  |       | Amiens SCF             |       | 20    | 1     | 6     | 13    | 17    | 44    | -27   | 9     | 

January 1st 2014: The board has made extra transfer funds available but I put it into the wage budget. With this it now means that we are spending £451,458 and our wage bill is now £451,872

January 2nd: Transfer news sees Jeremy Morisseau joining Valencia for a fee of £800,00 which has helped bring the clubs debt down alittle more

January 4th: Raon-L’Etape v Marseille: French Cup 9th Round

We struggled to get going and it took till the 32nd minute for us to have our first effort as D.Cisse headed just wide of the post. With the first half coming to a close we grabbed the lead as D.Cisse fired in from close range. The second half wasn’t much better as we struggled with basics of the game and it took till the 82nd minute for us to grab the next goal as B.Cheyrou fired in with a speculative effort from 25 yards. On the stroke of full time Raon pulled goal back as L.Delapeyre fired in but it was too little too late

Raon-L’Etape 1 L.Delapeyre 90

Marseille 2 D.Cisse 43, B.Cheyrou 82

January 5th: The draw for the French Cup 10th Round sees us facing an away tie with Angers SCO

January 11th: Marseille v Lyon: Ligue 1 Orange (21/38)

We started well against Lyon and on the 10th minute we went into the lead as C.Paris ran into the area to fire under the Lyon keeper. On the 37th minute we had another chance as C.Paris again fired towards goal but this time his effort was well saved by the keeper. The second half was much the same as we continued to pile forward and on the 65th minute we grabbed a second goal as T.Teniste headed in from close range after T.Taiwo crossed in brilliantly. However on the 69th minute Lyon pulled a goal back with S.Squillaci firing in from just inside the area. We controlled much of the game afterwards and on the stroke of full time we grabbed another goal as C.Paris fired in his second of the game. Deep into injury time we grabbed goal number four as E.Johnson hit home from just inside the area

Marseille 4 C.Paris 10, 90, T.Teniste 65, E.Johnson 90+3

Lyon 1 S.Squillaci 69

January 15th: Marseille v OGC Nice: Coupe de la Lique ¼ Final

It was now time for the Coupe de la Lique as we faced OGC Nice. We again controlled a lot of the game but it took till the stroke of half time for us to get score the first goal as Mauricio headed in from a T.Teniste cross. The second half was again mainly controlled by my team and on the 58th minute we grabbed goal number two as C.Paris hit a great effort from just inside the area to give the Nice keeper no chance of saving. Nice weren’t getting anything from the tie and on the 74th minute we killed any chance of a comeback off as D.Cisse headed in from close range to send my team into Coupe de la Lique Semi Final

Marseille 3 Mauricio 44, C.Paris 58, D.Cisse 74

OGC Nice 0

After the game I was informed that we will be facing an away trip to Bordeaux in the Coupe de la Ligue Semi Final

January 18th: FC Sochaux v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (22/38)

After the great performance in the previous game I expected the players to carry on but they didn’t as we struggled to get going in this game. On the 23rd minute Sochaux came close to taking the lead with a rasping effort which was diverted wide of the post by P.van Aanholt. With four minutes remaining in the half Sochaux grabbed the lead as J.Quercia headed in past my keeper. The second half was much the same with Sochaux continuing to dominate the game and on the 67th minute we came close to losing another goal but yet again my keeper saved well to deny them the chance. Not a great game for our travelling fans at all

FC Sochaux 1 J.Quercia 41

Marseille 0

January 22nd: OGC Nice v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (23/38)

We started brilliantly as on the 6th minute we went into the lead as C.Paris ran into the area to fire past the Nice keeper. Soon after we had another chance with C.Paris again coming close after running onto a S.Hamel throughball but his effort was well saved by the keeper. On the 26th minute we doubled our lead as C.Paris headed past the keeper after the defence failed to spot his run into the area. Six minutes later it was 3-0 with C.Paris completing his hattrick with a well struck effort from just inside the area. Nice weren’t at the races in truth and on the 38thg minute we were further into the lead with Mauricio heading in from close range after a powerful cross by G.Pinzi.

The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate but it took till the 81st minute for us to grab the next goal as C.Paris fired in his fourth of the game. With four minutes remaining we were reduced to ten men after M.Bisevac was sent off for a second yellow card. Deep into injury time Nice pulled a goal back as M.Erding ran past my defence to slide the ball under the keeper, but it was too little too late

OGC Nice 1 M.Erding 90+4

Marseille 5 C.Paris 6, 26, 32, 81, Mauricio 38

January 25th:Le Havre AC v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (24/38)

We didn’t really get going in the game as we struggled to string more than a couple of passes together. However on the 34th minute we had the only chance of the half as C.Paris sprinted into the area and fired towards goal but his effort was well saved. On the stroke of half time we were forced into a change as D.Cisse fell awkwardly and damaged his arm. The second half wasn’t really much better but on the 54th minute we went a goal down as G.Rippert fired in a great effort past my keeper. Neither team were really controlling the game and on the 78th minute we grabbed an equaliser as T.Teniste fired in from close range to give us a share of the points. In truth though it just wasn’t a good game for the fans

Le Havre AC 1 G.Rippert 54

Marseille 1 T.Teniste 78

I was informed after the game that we would be without the services of D.Cisse for around 3-4 weeks after breaking his arm during the game

January 28th: Injury news sees S.Hamel out of action for around 3-4 weeks after twisting his ankle in training

February 5th: The draw French Cup 11th Round sees us facing an away tie with CS Sedan-Ardennes, if we beat Angers SCO

Glad to see you back Leonavich, it was a good message to see when the Chairman said the wage bill was now under control, hopefully means I might have some money to spend

February 8th: PSG v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (25/38)

We just never really got going at all in this game and on the 16th minute we were punished as B.Sahar put PSG ahead with a well struck effort from the edge of the area after my defence failed to deal with his run. Four minutes later it didn’t get any better as we went a further goal down as B.Sahar curled the ball past my keeper with ease. PSG were controlling much of the game and on the 39th minute they had another chance as we gifted them a penalty after a rash tackle in the area by A.Sorin for a penalty, M.Baso stepped up for the penalty and fired past my keeper. Luckily for us the second half was a lot better for us as we didn’t concede but we just didn’t play as a team at all.

PSG 3 B.Sahar 16, 20, M.Baso pen 39

Marseille 0

February 12th:Angers SCO v Marseille: French Cup 10th Round

We know Angers in the French Cup. However we struggled to get going and on the 14th minute Angers went into the lead as A.Alassane headed past C.Carrasso. Eight minutes later they had another chance as they piled into the area to fire towards goal but luckily for the defence my keeper saved well. On the 26th minute though we managed to pull a goal back as A.P.Gignac hit a wonderful curling effort in from just outside the corner of the area. With two minutes remaining in the half we went into the lead as C.Paris hit the ball past the keeper from inside the area. During the interval I went mad at the players and told them that they needed to improve vastly in the second half. However it looked like they didn’t listen as we struggled again in the second half but on the stroke of full time we grabbed a third goal as C.Paris slotted in from close range to send us through to the next round. I was far from happy though and told the players I would not be accepting another performance like that again

Angers SCO 1 A.Alassane 14

Marseille 3 A.P.Gignac 26, C.Paris 43, 90

February 15th: Marseille v Stade Brestois 29: Ligue 1 Orange (26/38)

We again didn’t get going and on the 4th minute we went a goal down as R.de la Red fired in a belter past my keeper from outside the area, five minutes later we went a further goal down as F.Bruni headed past C.Carrasso. We just weren’t at the races and on the 33rd minute we were three goals down with R.de la Red grabbing his second of the game. It didn’t get much better in the 2nd half and on the 66th minute we were further down as F.Bruni sent Brestois four goals up. The opposition started to relax and on the 78th minute we pulled a goal back as A.P.Gignac fired in from close range after the Brestois defence failed to deal with his run. With three minutes remaining we made it 4-2as E.Johnson fired in but it was too little too late

Marseille 2 A.P.Gignac 78, E.Johnson 87

Stade Brestois 29 4 R.de la Red 4, 33, F.Bruni 9, 66

February 22nd: Stade Rennais FC v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (27/38)

After the previous game I told the players they needed to pull there fingers out and actually play football. On the 7th minute we went into the lead as C.Paris showed some pace to beat the Rennais defence to fire past the keeper. Eight minutes later we grabbed another goal with M.Afanasiev heading in from close range after the Rennais defence failed to deal with the cross. On the 18th minute though Rennais pulled a goal back as D.le Tallec curled in a great effort from the edge of the area. Rennais started to pile forward more and on the 26th minute Sandro pulled the game level with a thunderous effort from outside the area. On the 36th minute we went back into the lead as E.Johnson ran into the area to head home a M.Afanasiev cross. The second half was a lot quitter in truth but with five minutes remaining we were reduced to ten men after C.Medjani was sent off for second yellow card. Deep into injury time we killed the game off as Mauricio curled the ball in from just inside the area to give us a 4-2 victory

Stade Rennais FC 2 D.le Tallec 18. Sandro 26

Marseille 4 C.Paris 7, M.Afanasiev 15, E.Johnson 36, Mauricio 90+2

February 25th: Bordeaux v Marseille: Coupe de la Ligue Semi Final

We now had the chance to reach the Coup de la Ligue final as we face Bordeaux. The game started alittle slowly but just after the half hour we went into the lead as E.Johnson headed bravely past the Bordeaux keeper. Just before the break we came close to losing the lead as Bordeaux ran into the area but there effort went just wide of the post. The second half was again slow to started and on the 77th minute we re reduced to ten men as A.Sorin was sent off for a second yellow card, from the resulting freekick I.Tymchenko fired in the equaliser. With a minute remaining we retook the lead as A.P.Gignac fired in off the upright after jinking his way past the defence. Just too rub salt in the wounds we added a third goal as E.Johnson slotted home into an empty net after rounding the keeper with ease

Bordeaux 1 I.Tymchenko 77

Marseille 3 E.Johnson 32, 90+2, A.P.Gignac 89

We will be facing AS Monaco FC in the Coup de la Ligue Final

March 1st: Marseille v Grenoble Foot 38: Ligue 1 Orange (28/38)

A pretty even game in truth with Grenoble giving as much as they get and on the 17th minute they had the first chance of the game with a rasping which was diverted wide of the post by my keeper. Just after the half hour though my keeper stood no chance with the next Grenoble shot as Y.Kitumba fired in off the upright. On the 32nd minute though we leveled the scores as E.Johnson fired past the Grenoble keeper with a well struck effort from just inside the area. The second half was much the same with both teams toing and froing but with six minutes remaining in the game the winner was scored as E.Johnson headed in from close range after a great cross by M.Afanasiev to give us all three points

Marseille 2 E.Johnson 32, 84

Grenoble Foot 38 1 Y.Kitumba 31

March 5th: Injury news sees us lose two players as B.Cheyrou and T.Taiwo both suffer bruised thighs in training and will both miss around 1-2 weeks

March 8th: ES Troyes AC v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (29/38)

Another tight game as we gave as much as we got and on the 13th minute we had the first chance of the game with A.P.Gignac fired towards but his effort went just wide of the post. On the 32nd minute though Troyes took the lead as R.Antar showed his skill to beat my defence and fire past C.Carrasso. Just before the break we had our next chance as E.Johnson fired towards goal from outside the area but his effort was again well saved. Ten minutes into the second half we grabbed the equaliser as D.Cisse jinked his way through the defence to fire under the Troyes keeper. On the 78th minute Troyes should of taken the lead but there striker somehow managed to miss from close range after C.Carrasso was beaten to a loose ball.

ES Troyes AC 1 R.Antar 32

Marseille 1 D.Cisse 55

March 11th: CS Sedan-Ardennes v Marseille: French Cup 11th Round

We now faced our 11th Round Cup tie and we started the better with some great passing football by my team. On the 22nd minute we went into the lead as C.Paris ran past his marker to fire in after running onto a great throughball. Ten minutes later we had another chance with D.Cisse coming close with a powerful effort but the Sedan keeper saved well. The second half was much the same as we continued to pile forward and on the 54th minute we had yet another chance with G.Pinzi firing towards goal from the edge of the area but yet again the Sedan keeper saved well. On the 68th minute Sedan somehow managed to equaliser as G.Bettiol fired in from close range after a melee in the area. However four minutes later we grabbed the winner as D.Cisse played a superb one two with C.Paris to fire past the Sedan keeper and send us into the ¼ finals

CS Sedan-Ardennes 1 G.Bettiol 68

Marseille 2 C.Paris 22, D.Cisse 72

March 15th: Marseille v AS Saint-Etienne: Ligue 1 Orange (30/38)

A pretty dire game in truth as neither team did anything in the sort of attacking. However on the 12th minute Saint Etienne took the lead as B.Korzynietz scored a comical own goal as his back pass was not dealt with by my keeper to see it role into the back of the net. The rest of the pretty much dragged by and the home fans let me and team know what they thought of our performance

Marseille 0

AS Saint-Etienne 1 B.Korzynietz og 12

Ligue 1 Orange: 30 Games in

| 1st   |       | Paris Saint-Germain    |       | 30    | 18    | 6     | 6     | 53    | 23    | +30   | 60    | 
| 2nd   |       | Girondins Bordeaux     |       | 30    | 18    | 6     | 6     | 41    | 20    | +21   | 60    | 
| 3rd   |       | Olympique Lyonnais     |       | 30    | 17    | 7     | 6     | 56    | 30    | +26   | 58    | 
| 4th   |       | AS Nancy-Lorraine      |       | 30    | 15    | 9     | 6     | 40    | 25    | +15   | 54    | 
| 5th   |       | RC Lens                |       | 30    | 15    | 6     | 9     | 42    | 30    | +12   | 51    | 
[b]| 6th   |       | Olympique de Marseille |       | 30    | 13    | 11    | 6     | 54    | 37    | +17   | 50    |[/b] 
| 7th   |       | Valenciennes FC        |       | 30    | 13    | 9     | 8     | 39    | 34    | +5    | 48    | 
| 8th   |       | AS Monaco FC           |       | 30    | 11    | 9     | 10    | 45    | 41    | +4    | 42    | 
| 9th   |       | AJ Auxerre             |       | 30    | 12    | 6     | 12    | 40    | 44    | -4    | 42    | 
| 10th  |       | Le Havre AC            |       | 30    | 9     | 14    | 7     | 38    | 30    | +8    | 41    | 
| 11th  |       | Le Mans UC 72          |       | 30    | 10    | 10    | 10    | 34    | 33    | +1    | 40    | 
| 12th  |       | OGC Nice               |       | 30    | 9     | 10    | 11    | 47    | 53    | -6    | 37    | 
| 13th  |       | AS Saint-Etienne       |       | 30    | 8     | 11    | 11    | 33    | 34    | -1    | 35    | 
| 14th  |       | FC Sochaux             |       | 30    | 9     | 6     | 15    | 34    | 45    | -11   | 33    | 
| 15th  |       | Stade Rennais FC       |       | 30    | 10    | 3     | 17    | 39    | 54    | -15   | 33    | 
| 16th  |       | ES Troyes AC           |       | 30    | 7     | 10    | 13    | 29    | 43    | -14   | 31    | 
| 17th  |       | LOSC Lille Métropole   |       | 30    | 5     | 14    | 11    | 36    | 44    | -8    | 29    | 
| 18th  |       | Stade Brestois 29      |       | 30    | 5     | 11    | 14    | 39    | 59    | -20   | 26    | 
| 19th  |       | Grenoble Foot 38       |       | 30    | 4     | 12    | 14    | 21    | 43    | -22   | 24    | 
| 20th  |       | Amiens SCF             |       | 30    | 2     | 10    | 18    | 26    | 64    | -38   | 16    | 

March 16th: The draw for the French Cup ¼ Final has taken place and we have been draw at home against FC Metz

March 22nd: RC Lens v Marseille: Ligue 1 Orange (31/38)

Lens started the better and on the 12th minute they came close to grabbing the lead with a great header but C.Carrasso saved well. Ten minutes later they had another chance but yet again my keeper saved the day. However just after the half hour we grabbed the lead as Mauricio fired in from close range after we countered a Lens attack. Just before the break I was forced into a change as G.Pinzi pulled a muscle sprinting towards goal. The Second half was two minutes old when Lens grabbed the equaliser with A.R.Abdullah heading in after my defence failed to deal with a simple cross. It didn’t get any better as on the 53rd minute Lens went into the lead as T.Bouyrgeois curled the ball past my keeper with ease. With four minutes remaining we were given the chance to equalise as E.Johnson was fouled in the area for a penalty, E.Garrido stepped up for the penalty but his effort was well saved by the Lens keeper

RC Lens 2 A.R.Abdullah 47, T.Bouyrgeois 53

Marseille 1 Mauricio 34

Injury news: G.Pinzi will be out of action for around 2-3 weeks after straining his thigh during a sprint

March 29th: Marseille v AS Monaco FC: Coupe de la Ligue Final (Stade de France, Saint Denis)

We started the final well and on the 9th minute we had the first chance as E.Johnson curled the ball past the keeper but the ball didn’t curl enough and it went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance with C.Paris running onto a B.Cheyrou throughball but before he had the chance to shoot A.Lukovic slid in and cleared the ball. On the 31st minute Monaco had there first chance as G.Vargas ran into my area to fire towards goal but C.Carrasso saved well. Just before the break Monaco had another chance with A.Milevskiy heading just wide of the post after my defence failed to clear a J.Gamez cross.

Half Time Score 0-0

I made a couple of changes to my team as M.Puljic and D.Cisse came on for B.Cheyrou and E.Johnson. Ten minutes into the half we finally took the lead as C.Paris sprinted into the area to volley in an E.Carrido cross. A minute later Monaco made a change as R.Mercurio came on for G.Vargas. On the hour though Monaco grabbed the equaliser as A.Milevskiy fired in past C.Carrasso after my defence failed to deal with the run. A minute later Monaco made another change as F.Piquionne came on for M.Negro. On the 71st minute we had the next chance as Mauricio hit a thunderous effort towards goal but his effort stung the palms of P.Acerbis. Just before the full time whistle we had the chance to win the game as C.Paris beat the Monaco defence but his effort was smothered by P.Acerbis in the Monaco goal.

End of Ninety Minutes 1-1

Extra time was five minutes old when D.Cisse came close to scoring with a rasping effort which was tipped round the post by P.Acerbis for a corner, from the resulting corner C.Paris headed straight into the arms of P.Acerbis. The second half of extra time came and went and the game went into the lottery of penalties. Monaco won the toss and went first.

A.Lukovic stepped up for the penalty and fired towards goal but C.Carrasso guessed right and saved the penalty (0-0)

D.Cisse was up first for my team and hit an unstoppable penalty past the keeper (0-1)

M.Ferrini was the next player up for Monaco, he struck his penalty to the left and C.Carrasso dived to the left and saved the penalty (0-1)

Mauricio was my next player up and he hit a powerful effort at goal but his effort went wide of the post (0-1)

F.Piquionne stepped up for Monaco and wasted no time in showing his team mates how to score with a well struck penalty (1-1)

P.van Aan Holt stepped up for his penalty and calmly slotted the ball past P.Acerbis (1-2)

A.Thomas was next for Monaco and fired towards goal with a powerful effort but C.Carrasso saved brilliantly to deny them (1-2)

E.Garrido knew if he scored that we would be winners of the Coupe de la Ligue, he looked alittle nervous as he struck the ball to the right but the Monaco keeper dived to the left and the ball nestled into the area and we won the Coupe de la Ligue (1-3)

Marseille 1 C.Paris 55

AS Monaco FC 1 A.Milevskiy 60

Marseille: C.Carrasso, B.Korzynietz, A.Sorin, C.Medjani, P.van Aan Holt, E.Carrido, M.Afanasiev (77-T.Teniste), B.Cheyrou (45-M.Puljic), Mauricio, C.Paris, E.Johnson (45-D.Cisse)

AS Monaco FC: P.Acerbis, J.Gamez, A.Lukovic, M.Ferrini, A.Hysko, M.Negro (61-F.Piquionne), M.Harnik, A.Salami, A.Thomas, A.Milevskiy (73-D.Leacock), G.Vargas (56-R.Mercurio)

Attendance: 79,985

After the game I let the players celebrate, but I told them not to over do it as we still had the League to compete in

March 30th: I was informed by the club Chairman that down to my tight control of the finances the clubs wage bill is now under control

April 4th: Marseille v Valenciennes FC: Ligue 1 Orange (32/38)

We got off to a bad start as on the 2nd minute we went a goal down as A.Benjelloun ran into the area and fired past C.Carrasso. However after the goal we started to up the gears and on the 34th minute we had the chance to grab the equaliser as E.Johnson rattled the upright from close range when he really should of scored. Just before the break we grabbed the equaliser as M.Afanasiev curled in a great free kick after C.Paris was brought down 25 yards out. The second half was six minutes old when we went into the lead as E.Johnson ran onto a M.Afanasiev through ball to fire under the Valenciennes keeper. We were controlling the half but it took till late in the game for us to kill the game off as M.Afanasiev fired in from close range to give us all three points

Marseille 3 M.Afanasiev 45, 90, E.Johnson 51

Valenciennes FC 1 A.Benjelloun 2

Archived