All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Against a 4-2-2-2 I frequently just play a direct counter down the flanks. His formation has no real width to it, which makes it fairly poor at breaking you down (the fullbacks are not set to bomb on). Essentially no one will contest your wingbacks out wide, so let them go and have a field day. I agree with @Fox-7-. Just go wide and go down the flanks. Should be fairly easy to hold off their attacks and create yourself against such a narrow setup.
  3. In the picturesque setting of western France, where the tranquil waters of the Loire River flow, a footballing institution with a rich history and timeless tradition stands tall – FC Nantes. Since its establishment in 1943, this club has woven a tapestry of triumphs and tribulations, etching its name into the annals of football lore. The Golden Era: Step back in time to the glory days of FC Nantes, a period bathed in the golden hues of success. Led by the visionary coach Jean-Claude Suaudeau, the club embarked on a mesmerising journey through the 1970s and 1980s, clinching an astonishing eight Ligue 1 titles between 1964 and 1983. The likes of Henri Michel and Maxime Bossis, adorned in the iconic yellow and green, mesmerised fans with their sublime skills, carving out a legacy that would stand the test of time. European Glory: As the sun set on the domestic dominance of FC Nantes, a new dawn emerged on the European horizon. The 1982–1983 season saw the club transcend borders, as they ventured into the hallowed grounds of the European Cup, now known as the UEFA Champions League. Though the ultimate prize remained tantalisingly out of reach, FC Nantes' valiant journey to the semi-finals captured the hearts of football aficionados far and wide, earning them plaudits and respect on the continental stage. Recent Years: In the ever-evolving landscape of French football, FC Nantes has navigated through turbulent waters with steely resolve. Embracing a philosophy centred around youth development (much to my appeal) and stability, the club continues to chart a course towards glory, fuelled by the unwavering support of its passionate fanbase. As they strive to reclaim their perch among the elite of French and European football, the faithful followers of FC Nantes remain steadfast in their belief, eagerly awaiting the resurgence of their beloved yellow and green army. THE GAME MODEL I have opted to deploy what I feel is an incredibly balanced tactic, one which can simply be described as an asymmetric 4-4-2, of course it is fluid with the use of many support roles. However, you will note I have looked to pair roles which should work in unison, for example the use of the Segundo Volante, who when it departs is replaced by the inverted wing-back. Similarly, on the other flank the inverted forward will be replaced by the complete wing-back, who's duty will be to occupy the wide space. The Regista has been utilised to become the playmaker who has multiple options in front of him, making efforts to break into the box. THE AIMS Use the academy. The club has superb youth facilities, which has seen the likes of Randal Kolo Muani, Jordan Veretout, Quentin Merlin, and Imrân Louza be developed in the recent years. Current first-team players which have also played in the Académie are Nathan Zeze, Bastien Meupiyou, and Stredair Appuah Owusu. Strive to make 'the league of talents' the league of European success - there is a distance between Europe's top four tiers and Ligue 1, when taking into consideration UEFA country coefficient ranking. Earlier this season, the Netherlands overtook France in fifth place for a period, Ligue 1 is lagging behind the biggest divisions on the continent. Continue to recruit talent from Africa. Ligue 1 has been the land of milk and honey for Premier League teams looking to sign high-end talent for some time now. Ligue 1 clubs have always been innovative through their long-established pathways as a logical first step into Europe. This is especially true for players coming from African countries in which French is widely spoken. The Bord have set their expectations for the season (Finish mid-table in Ligue 1), with the view to concluding the five year plan with European qualification. Finally, right up my street, there is the goal to developing into Ligue 1's best youth system. There is an expectation to play an entertaining brand of football, I am more than confident that the game model selected will meet the need of both the board and the supporters. PRE SEASON Seven wins from eight as we build into the new season, given my lack of familiarity with the team I used these matches to get a feel for the playing staff. I will look to provide you all with a bit more detail on the individual playing units, along with any stand out performers from across the youth sections as the season pans out.
  4. Hi Knap, can you send me the link for your HGF 4321 IF MC 106 tactic please, thanks
  5. My idea behind that was avoiding having two playmakers on the one side!
  6. Today
  7. Consider having your BWM(s) on your right (Balde's side) because he will step up more and help your right wingback agains Balde, especially if the BWM has good workrate, teamwork and aggression. Besides, in my opinion, swapping your pivots will give you better use of the space. BWM and WB will be closer to the AM on attack. DLP on defend will better cover your attacking wingback and your supporting AM can use the pocket of space the DLP don't use because he holds position.
  8. Monday 22nd December 2031 Players Report Back for Pre-season Training -- -- We don't appear to have a Training Camp booked so, having assessed the squad's fitness, I've given them the next two weeks off.
  9. Hi @Royston I holidayed ahead the clauses activate after the final game of the season (as long as the players hit the number of games needed 15 etc.)
  10. Good luck to you guys, if you've got good owners, you've got every chance of being successful.
  11. I didn't consider the OI's on the GK and CB's affecting my pressing and marking negatively, good point! I trapped them outside numerous times but Balde was a nightmare to defend I am going to try the OI stuff and play fairly wide with width. Thanks for the suggestions
  12. Thanks for the reply! See I considered the less pressing and sitting off. They have a lot of players that can play killer balls and hurt us though, I felt giving them less time on the ball was a good idea. I will try your suggestions though!
  13. I could be wrong but I believe sponsor income is a once-per-year credit, around the season reset date.
  14. I don’t think ‘focused’ is a personality type, it’s a state of mind before or during a game, usually resulting from a team talk or a touchline shout (like ‘don’t get complacent’ or indeed ‘focus’). Personality-related traits (like professionalism, pressure) do have an effect here, but focused is not itself a personality type, at least as far as I am aware.
  15. Updated. Old firms are now excluded from Scottish League cup, also remove the top 3 qualification spots in SPL so that teams don't get marked as qualified when they actually haven't. I'm going to play around with adding the old firm into the Champions Group rather than having a new stage added. Will see how that works out.
  16. I'd try to reduce the pressing triggers as said by bosque because they are very capable of escaping from your pressing, so remove Counter-press and tone down to Standard pressing, and try to set OIs on their GK and CBs to never tight marking and never press them, so your front players should focus more on closing passing lanes towards the DMs. Try to compress the space vertically by setting a higher DL instead of Step up more, and you should trap them outside where they have no players. Another weapon is to force them out of position when you have the ball, so if they gain possession they mustn't be in optimal positions to build their attack. Try to build up from the fullbacks, play on fairly wide attacking width, focus play on the wings...
  17. It's a custom database, so the save file is pretty large. I uploaded it to your cloud service, it's called Millers.fm. If you need me to rename it to something more descriptive, let me know.
  18. just played to the start of 2nd season and on the 5th July 2025 I got this message - Our plans for a stadium move have unfortunately had to be scapped, Although the board would have liked to move forward with the plans, the local council have intervened and refused to grant planning permission, and then the next line in the same message inexplicably says this - the club's objective of building a new stadium has finally been realised and their vision for the future is very much taking shape as a result. this game has so many bugs haha.
  19. Hello @orletwgh We have the issue logged internally, but we no more updates coming to FM24, so we won't be able to solve this in this FM cycle. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  20. I like the idea of man-marking their box midfield but I think that Counter-Press and Press More Often are letting you down because those instructions are shape breakers and as Barcelona have better players they may be distrupting your man to man marking. I would try leaving your defensive transition blank (No Counter-Press nor Regroup) and to leave the pressing trigger on standard or even on less often. So they have to work hard to play around you instead of through you.
  1. Load more activity