Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

haha well nice one mate good decision! yeh makes me larf wen people are like rate my team for chelsea or something, how boring is rating torres and ben arfa! lower league ten times better imo!!

i actually did 3 seasons with shaktar until isaw the oxford thread and i quit a qpr game earlier as well lol wernt for me, put off by the too easy transfer fee

lyons a big thread but again thats too easy, oxford all the way and i suppose with a large stadium the more promotions the more sell outs, that lad who got to the prem fair play ! i rekon itll take me ages to do that lol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well dun mate icon14.gif that must take some doing, i dont think i could do more than one save with the same team tbh lol i was trying to think of a team to start a thread on the other day but just went blank, i rekon a network game would be a good laugh in the indian leagues lol

lol naah to boring playing in those leagues i hate games where you can never make a club good enough to buy the top players. at least with a team like oxford you can get the Zapaters and Ilsinhos etc!

network game in scotland with celtic n rangers is fun.

make sure you play oxford for a while! once your in league one its so fun!!

out of the league cup. 3-1 losers to Fulham which i find strange not in a million years would fulham be able to beat a smaller team than them in a cup..

i was going to write team then lol any team there rubbish. but for some reason they have quality players on my game. icon_confused.gif unrealistic

haha fulhuam, pathetic team they are, atleast they got jimmy bullard for some well earned banter! well i just lost 1-0 away to weymouth and im thinking 4-4-2 with a bit of tweaking is wats needed to get through this league, nothing complicated

i did a network game ages ago with a few mates, i was newcastle and 2nd up to the last game of the season, chelsea were top. I had to beat arsenal and gamble on my mat ( playing as portsmouth beating chelsea) well i won and portsmouth were winning up until the last minute where he purposely put david james up front, wat a twat honestly i was so close, still i finished second lol have u ever tried a network game with people from the forums?

hhaha oh dear. no i havent changed my router and cant get it to work.

i prefer it on my own though. get through games alot quicker!

not too fussed about going out of league cup as can concentrate on the league!

result

Oxford Stevenage (Antwi, OG, Tarija)

Ebanks Blake has been a bit rubbish so far this season but Tarija has been great so far

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I just got a regen with 160 PA in my youth squad.

nice mate!

i got a few players above 150 not regens but good players.

Erik Grendal 158

Salomonsson 160

Oliva 152

San Roman 179!!

Blanco 164

Demiri 159

Ionescu 155

Puri 160

Rodriguez 169

Tarija 158

so if all of them make it near to there PA i should have a great championship mid table prem side! lol all of them are under 22 aswell

dexta looks like were gonna have to battle this season with these dire performances, ill be alot happier with life in league 2 than in this atricious bsp

im gonna giv the 4-4-2 a five game trial and if that doesnt work then well, il try the old christmas pudding formation! i hate downloadong tactics, i see it has cheating tbh

good one zombie icon14.gif try and nurture him, well after reverting back to 4-4-2 my team looked in much better shape and beat forest green 2-0 da vita scoring both, italian magic!! this kid actually used to play for roma icon_confused.gif

briz_lad You can send it me too if you like please

Sweet-Zombie-Jesus Are you using miniscout or something to find out the PA of your players if so which one is it and where can I get it from? cheers

I'm really getting fed up with my Woking game and even in the Premiership the complete inability to attract any quality players. 8 seasons in and 9th is my best finish in the Prem. So, I think I'll jump on the Oxford bandwagon with a higher reputation and more transfer funds. Should be cake.

Originally posted by Mike_Cardinal:

I'm really getting fed up with my Woking game and even in the Premiership the complete inability to attract any quality players. 8 seasons in and 9th is my best finish in the Prem. So, I think I'll jump on the Oxford bandwagon with a higher reputation and more transfer funds. Should be cake.

Welcome Mike! good luck. its great fun and i think everyone in this thread would say so.

sparky here it is mate.

tacticxu7.png

tactic1oa3.png

the player instructions are the templates set.

the wide 2 players of my midfield 3 are set to wingers with the centre midfielder set to attacking midfielder.

my 2 full backs have there forward runs set to often.

my strikers are instructed to swap positions with eachother.

if there's anything you don't understand just ask icon14.gif

Good lord that was a quick response.

I've heard tell of Sylvain Ebanks-Blanke coming on loan first season!? Is that just for 3 months or will he really come for the entire year?

Anyway, I've got the rest of the team pretty much covered. Preston Edwards on loan is one I always do, generally keep restarting until he gets a very high PA then I can get on his favoured personnel and he can be a star of the future willing to come to me. It doesn't really matter that he isn't as good as Tommy Forecast from the start or whoever.

I'll see who Oxford can actually attract for the rest of the team though.

briz_lad Ill give this a try when I get home. Do you change anything else when your losing or need to hold onto a lead?

A question to everyone...Have you hired new staff and changed your training schedules or just kept the default schedule?

i only got him for 3months but i never tried the whole season. because i forgot to change it.

Edwards will be good. Zombie had him and only conceded 30 all season.

Salomonsson, Soley, Sabic, Estrada, Ionescu, Cordos, San Roman, Devineau. all great players who are willing to come, Leandro de Oliviera aswell.

its weird everyone who comes on loan to oxford endsup with them in favoured personnel even for 3months must be a lovely club lol.

Sparky at the moment i only have a new GK coach because someone stole mine. and i use tugs training like always.

Yes I have replaced some of my staff got 2 decent scouts. An Assistant manager and a couple of coaches and a physio.

Lost to Blackburn at home in the League Cup 2-1

Bring on the FA Cup I want to go on a good cup run.

sparky it depends really but i normally sacrifice my defensive midfielder for a striker and play more direct.

when i'm holding onto a lead i put 1 upfront and play either another defensive midfielder or another defender depending on whose on the bench. also i put the fullbacks forward runs to rarely.

hope this helps icon14.gif

i got most of my staff from international staff who aren't connected to a club. the best place to look is holland icon14.gif

i also have niedzwiecki as my assistant manager

Archived