The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

### Ok just had the call on the bat phone and duty calls so i wont be about tonight until 10ish. Ill boot the server up at 7pm then set ma hols. If any of the early burds can come on the server and hold it up thats would be great and ill just leave the game up it should be fine. If no ones about i'll not set ma hols and get the missus to do it at 8pm till i return. ###

Just thought i'd tell u i didn't get ure email,could u send it to (stick it in ye profile wee man)

Would be appreciated.

[This message was edited by marlow on 17 November 2003 at 19:37.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Therajgaj:

Didn't know champo was on the amiga,although i did used to play premier manager and sensible world of soccer on it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to play it back in the days of the Atari 520STFM. Moved onto the old Miggy when 93/94 came out.

Hay lay off the ZX81; I for one know were there is a mint boxed one with 16K ram and printer just like new. I loved the worm keyboard, why did they stop that? I thought a heated keyboard was fantastic it had more class than my old vic20.

zx81astr.gif

zx81main.gif

"To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer."

Thank god we moved on!

The Spiders Web

Queens Park today announced that gaffer Gary Toner has been sacked by the board, after what was considered a disastrous start to the season.

Ex Queens Gaffer Gary Toner released this press statement earlier today.

"After nearly 5 years in the job i guess it was time for a change, i guess i did all i could do by taking Queens Park to the 1st division. With the calabire of player and coaching staff at the club perhaps we should have been challenging for promotion but alas wheter it be tactically or motivationally it wasn't to be, i'm sure whoever is named as the new manager will be taking over a great club with great fans and i wish them the best of luck in the future."

Gary Toner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

_The 1st Clan sacking.......Who is it?_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was u jimboicon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

I feel sorry for gaz he took his side up 2 divisions and survived a previous sticky patch. Queens Park have a history of boards being im patient. He made schoolie errors tho, but I admire his last post and attitude, and he has now taken charge as bottom club Airdrie for a final challenge. Just goes to show what a commited player he is, hardcore to the bone!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

I feel sorry for gaz he took his side up 2 divisions and survived a previous sticky patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that a new EP?? icon_wink.gif

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

Morton H 2-2

This was one of those games that either side could have won, with Morton flying high at the top we should be glad to get a share of the points. Young Neil Beattie was (M.O.M) although Graham Brown scored two for the home side. A good all round performance.

Annan A 0-1 (Cup)

Even though we got the win it was a hard fought encounter with missed chances for both sides. Eddie Annand scored the winning goal and was (M.O.M) with Knox a close second. Against a lower team like this we should have done better but a win is a win after all.

Hamilton A 3-1

A disappointing display with Knox getting a consolation goal at the death. We were never at the races, the Hamilton races that is. It was a lack less performance with no effort or steal, Cowden simply rolled over and played dead. Manager Robertson was furious with his players as they walked by him at the end of the game.

Clyde H 4-2

Well things go from bad to worse with this thumping by Paul Shields the one man show playing for Clyde with his hat trick. We did score twice but it was still not the performance we needed to get us back on track. Knox and Strachan both took there goals well but even more disappointment was to follow with Courts getting a red card and Lakie a yellow meaning both suspended for the next few games.

East Fife H 4-3

A fantastic game to watch, and even better when Cowden fought for all three points. Knox with two and Gurserver and Granum also netting to stop the Kenny D show with his hat trick. The manager was delighted to get one over one of his managerial friends and as we have East fife next in the cup it will be interesting how they respond. A blow to there hopes of progressing out of Division two. icon_wink.gif

East Fife H 5-0 (cup)

Cowden simply put East fife in there place, there was no question who the better team was or probably the better Tactics on the park. A hat trick from Gurserver (M.O.M) and goals from Baillie and Neeson killed of the fifers cup dreams. The team played class football at times and Manager Robertson had a massive grin at the end of the game. icon_biggrin.gif

NEW%20LOGO.gif

RossTurpieBanner.jpg

Well, we are well over halfway through season 5 now in what is our last season of the current Clan game. There's about a dozen games to go and the Scottish Cup to play for but only the hardcore players remain commited, playing their own battles for promotion or final standing within the clan. Some guys have lost heart, with the new version looming, wether they are 'bored' or have nothing to play for but thats understandable. Never the less the hardcore remain and its only the real dedicated players that will be present when the final ball is kicked. There's is about a dozen games left plus cup fixtures so things could be rapped up in the next 2 sessions. Every division has a human manager vying for a championship and for most the fun and banter is still there so we go on.

Shire on the other hand, continue to outperform expectations and have now emerged as title contenders in the 1st Division and have a real chance of the only promotion spot to the SPL. That would give gaffer Turps a final finish spot of 3rd place which is no mean feat after starting with the worst club and no descent players. The team has a dogged winning mentality and despite loosing a few they have always bounce back and won some games. Its points that count and some recent hidings have been dished out to rival gaffers, who would have thought that a few seasons ago. For Shire the Scottish Cup is going well and what a way to finish the game by winning the Scottish Cup and getting another statue outside Firs Park. There's a few good teams left but Shire are capable of beating anyone on their day, and fear no one. The race for the SPL is a tight one however and anyone of 5 could go up its that close. No matter what happens gaffer Turps is proud of the lads, many of whom have been with the club through the last few years and been integral in the journey northwards.

We had our first managerial casualty as Gaz Toner got ruthlessly sacked from Queens Park. Gaz had steered the spiders up 2 divisions but his terrible form this season probably justified the boards actions and the inevitable p45 was handed out. Gaz will be missed in Division 1 and good luck to him in his new club Airdrie who are bottom in Division 3. Theres only a few games left to go, so thats says a lot about Toners commitment and willingness for a challange. In the SPL Bod looks set to retain his SPL crown as Clan Champion. Coisty and Steve the dog battle it out in the 2nd and Deanos' Alloa who have been terrific since his arrival contest the 3rd Division with Sy's Elgin. Theres some real battles there that will go right to the wire so good luck lads in the game we have left.

It will be all hands’ to the pump on Wednesday. Credit to the lads on the pitch they all done well, the Dutch just looked average in the first half but they get in to the game more in the second half. I loved the fact Scotland would kill for the class of player the Dutch had sitting on the bench but our determination and fight got us through.

We need a jammy goal near the start because the Dutch can’t handle it and have shown before they fall to bits.

I just wish we could borrow Stuart McCall’s arse as it was always reliable in years past to get in the way of balls heading into the back of the Scottish net.

sav

I have the funny feeling i am being ignored as i have asked a few questions and had no replies,why is there an age limit and could u send the email to (askin fer a kick in ye bawbag new icon_razz.gif),u may think im just a silly school boy but i really wanna jouin this clan as it seems so fun,and u all seem to have a good laff with each other.

[This message was edited by marlow on 17 November 2003 at 19:38.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Therajgaj:

I have the funny feeling i am being ignored as i have asked a few questions and had no replies,why is there an age limit and could u send the email to therajgaj@Hotmail.com,u may think im just a silly school boy but i really wanna jouin this clan as it seems so fun,and u all seem to have a good laff with each other.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have sent 2 emails now and your still posting drivel. If yer to have any chance of joining this clan get yer arse to Glasgow next Sunday and get a round in. We'll be in the Scream/ARk bar in North Fredrrick street about 2 ish. Alternativly come into our Clan mirc on quakenet.eu.org #cm.scots and well see if you can cut the mustard. I know its hard to get started especially if yer young. We are always looking for fresh talent, but we dont do it like this on our thread. You should be emailing me not the other we around. We come to you thats how it works.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by superayrunited:

Are you guys going to be starting a new game when 03/04 appears? Just wondering because I've never played online before and I quite fancy the challenge!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes and its nearly all arranged. Email me asap if u want to know the score and i'll give u some info

Dont think I'll be on at all tonight due to some unexpected work. Sorry.

Hope to get a couple of games in but if not then I'll see you all on Thursday.

Ally

Sav has just been banned for posting a wares link in the gq forum. I will be speaking to the thick twat later if he showsto get his side of it. I would just like to say for the record that the Scottish Clan and all the guys do not endorse or agree with piracy what so ever and that Sav has let us all down badly. Wether ,rightly or wrongly sav's actions are very regretable. Sorry.

Sav has just been banned for posting a wares link in the gq forum. I will be speaking to the thick twat later if he shows to get his side of it. I would just like to say for the record that the Scottish Clan and all the guys do not endorse or agree with piracy what so ever and that Sav has let us all down badly. Wether ,rightly or wrongly sav's actions are very regretable. Sorry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turps I have looked at that quakenet thing but i dont understand how to get into ure chat thingy or whatever,do u mind if i speak to u on msn?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No **** off and dont post yer schoolie drivel on here agian or dogs will card you. This thread is for our gaming updates and Clan drivel only icon_wink.gif

HO Ho HO

This is me , Chick Young , standing where i am , which is here (Birmingham Airport , waiting on a flight tae the Isle of Man which doesnt depart for another 12 hours, and unable to find a hotel room within a 5 mile radius for less than the cost of a Firhill season ticket).

Rampant Rovers will Destroy , providing Tom Boyd doesnt reset me to a 4-4-2 again ... *sigh*

See you lot Thursday for some Quality Champo , and the end of the season hopefully.

HO Ho HO

This is me , Chick Young , standing where i am , which is here (Birmingham Airport , waiting on a flight tae the Isle of Man which doesnt depart for another 12 hours, and unable to find a hotel room within a 5 mile radius for less than the cost of a Firhill season ticket).

Rampant Rovers will Destroy , providing Tom Boyd doesnt reset me to a 4-4-2 again ... *sigh*

See you lot Thursday for some Quality Champo , and the end of the season hopefully.

### Impotant Announcment About Sav's ban ###

Spoke to Sav tonight and he now realise's how silly he has been. No one sticks up for the lads more than me but Piracy is a very serious matter and the Scots clan do not condone it any way. He is a good player and community guy and i'm gutted he is banned but the Scottish Clan cannot support him on this matter no matter how sympathetic we feel, piracy is wrong! So no silly posts about free Sav! we have our place in the community and have a good reputation, and are well behaved in these forums, you are all ambassadors of the Clan.

Sav is suspended from the Clan until further notice, where hopefully he can reflect on his actions which he accepts were stupid. I dont believe Sav is a wares monkey. He like all the clan members love this game and fully support the developers and has the new version ordered. He is a big boy however and should have known better and will have to explain his actions to the developers himself. Hopefully he will get a fair hearing but there is not much the Clan can say or do other than sorry Sav its up to you know. Thanks for the games and hopefully u can return soon to play another day and learn from this mistake.

### Crimewatch UK ###

In light of Sav's misdemeanour on the forums in the Sigames community the police have felt it neccessary to release an e-fit of sav when he was spotted buying a 10p mix bag on the cctv of an Ice Cream van that worked in his last known whereabouts.

pirateava.jpg

If you have any further information as to Sav's current location and what he may be getting upto, please do contact us.

L8r's Sunday8pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris Dorey:

Unfortunately Sav attempting to register alias accounts doesnt help either :/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already told him that this is not an option. And that there is software that can trace all that.We could not play on with him as an alias as this would jeopordise all the clan memebers in the community some of which are not stupid. He must have attempted this before I spoke to him. This is just another example of how stupid Sav really is. he must have fallen out the Dumbo tree and hit all the branches on the way down!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marlow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris Dorey:

Unfortunately Sav attempting to register alias accounts doesnt help either :/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'tard icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marlow thats no way to Talk about Kris Dorey especially seen as he gave u that nice blubirds avatar. Why dont you go back to ur schoolie homework or something, if u have nothing constructive say 'tard icon_wink.gif

Archived