The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffduke:

wot happened to monday nights session??????????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turps is in Brussels, he told everybody that on Thursday. icon_smile.gif

You must have nodded off icon_razz.gif

Season 4

We came, we saw, we errrrrr finished 3rd again icon_frown.gif

Despite all that it was a great season, far better playing against human players week in, week out rather than the AI.

Like previous updates have already mentioned the season went to the wire although East Fife had deservedly clinched the title. Ithought my luck was in twice. The 1st time was in the penultimate game when we led Cowdenbeath until the last 20 mins but had to settle for a draw. The 2nd time was in the final match where we were 2-0 up and new that Cowdenbeath were drawing 0-0 sdly for us 2 goals in the last 15 mins sealed promotion for Cowdenbeath and consigned Gretna to 3rd place for the 3rd year in a row. Still there is always next season. icon_smile.gif

With Jeff and Carl having a close season to strengthen and Sy already having a good side promotion next season looks just as tough. icon_frown.gif

It was nice to see Sav & Chris promoted as they have certainly grafted hard and play are more traditional and realistic style of management than other managers questionable tactics.

Looking forward to Season 4 already.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

Allo-a to the Scottish Clan

After seemimgly hours on the road, and passing through several time-zones (I think you change time zones on the way to Scottishland, but who knows), I finally arrive at my new place of work, and f**k me its a dump. Recreation Park, Clackmannan Road, Alloa is literally a park with a fence and a garden shed masquerading as a stand, I'm shocked as I notice that it costs a tenner to enter this pit. I decide enoughs enough and decide to make for the motorway, but some c**t has nicked my car, looks like I'll be staying.

Alloa Athletic's Glorious History

There isn't one, they haven't won any of Scottishland's big pots in their 123 year history, I am also the first "foreign" coach ever to be appointed.

Anyhows, as I ponder the loss of my treasured Mondeo, Mr Chairman pulls up in his Ford Capri, and greets me with a cheery smile, after giving me the guided tour, he presents me with my Alloa Athletic Foriegner Survival Kit and Intiation Pack, frankly apart from the whisky (which at this point I really did need), it was a pile of cr*p, but the terrace song sheet bought a rare moment of cheer ....

We are the boys from Alloa

We’ll drink your beer and wine.

For all your conversations

Your c**k’s no bigger than mine.

We’ll tickle your arse with a feather

We’ll paint your balls with blue.

We are the boys from Alloa

Soooooooooooooooooooooo (hold until everyone singing has dropped dead from lack of oxygen)

Who the f*** are you?

However, the realisation and horror soon dawned that maybe the fans would up the ante and not just "tickle my arse" (not that I like this anyway, I hasten to add) if the Engerlander failed them icon_eek.gif . In fact the whole song just just disturbed me after a second reading, I mean what kind of bloody football chant is this anyway, surely admitting to arse tickling and ball fondling would lead to you being the subject of complete ridicule, maybe not in this strange land.

The Seasons End

After being installed as manager for the final 10 games of the season, a quick initial once over of the squad reveals that we are rubbish, the league table wasnt lying after all. The defence is adequate, the club nickname of "The Wasps" is made a mockery of by the attack though as it lacks any form of sting (sorry, a poor joke I know), a point proved as we have a miserable 10 goals in 20 odd matches. With the transfer deadline already gone, I would have to make do with the spanners already at the club.

The first three games weren't good. A 0-0 draw led to false hope, but that was soon squashed by a 2-0 loss and then a 3-1 defeat. Things picked up next match with a 4-3 win against Airdrie and the we improved in some form with each game thereafter, what became apparent though, was the fact that while we can compete with the teams in the lower half of the table, we are some way off the top half boys and major restructuring will be needed in the summer, I cannae (picking up the lingo already) wait.... icon_smile.gif

alloa.gif

Deano

East Fife - The road to becoming champions

The first 3 seasons as East Fife gaffer had many ups and downs and was in the main a very frustrating time. In some positions we had an abundance of good players and yet in others not a sole to pick. This resulted in many changing formations until, finally we started getting the consistency that we were hoping for from a 4-4-2. Scotland has a reputation playing the long ball game and with the huge strikers we had at out disposal in Keith Robertson and Kenny Deuchar this was always going to be our playing style. However with young hopefulls Peter Jenkins and Justin Georcelin also pushing for their place the option to change is there. Despite bypassing the centre of midfield with the long ball Stephen McMahon played his captains role in the centre of midfield and snuffed out many attacks from the opposition. I was worried for Stephens future at the club after he continually got sent off but he managed to get his act together and even chip in with a few vital goals. His partner in the centre of midfield was I think everyones player of the season, Kevin Byers. He was unstoppable and his assits and goals went a long long way in clinching the title for us. Next season we really need to strengthen our wide areas and possibly assess the reserves and U19's to see who is ready to make the step up and who is needing the chop. Unless we manage to bring in some more quality players I don't see us going straight up to Division 1 like all of our predecessors barring Coisty however I certainly think we will be making a promotion push.

Good luck to all in Div 3, especially Jimbo cos by heck he needs it icon_biggrin.gif

QPDESK~1.jpg

The Spiders Web : End Of Season Review

I started the tenure of Queens Park manager with a 5 year action plan and that was to get us to the dizzy heights of the spl and to come so close in our 4th season is quite an achievement although cynics may question what achievements? we haven't actually won anything in terms of silverware and i guess they would be right in a way. Coming off the back of two straight promotions and to finish 3rd in the 1st division all in the space of 4 seasons aint half bad couple that with an appearance in the quarter finals of the scottish cup it aint half bad.

To build a team strong enough to take on the big boys takes time, we can't go out and spend money when we feel like it and with our status it can be difficult at times to attract the quality of player needed to succeed but what we do have and we have it in abundance is team spirit and the will to win. We all can take great heart from Albion Rovers debut in the SPL when the took on all before them and came out on top and our goal for the forth coming season is to be up there with Albion Rovers and newly promoted Peterhead fighting and scraping with the big boys.

This season we finished 3rd and we have to build on that and with players such as Yassir Bashir and Rajko Lekic we have the talent that it takes to succeed coupled with the promise of one or two new signings in the close season will see Queens Park come out triumphantly next season... or atleast thats the game plan.

Gary Toner

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Thursday 23/10/03

Dear Supporters,

Following the disappointment of last season’s league campaign I have made it my mission over the summer to mould a team which should see us battle for a top three spot. Some players have gone, but I believe we have significantly strengthened the squad with the new players that have come in. I’m sure you’ll give warm welcomes to them all.

Former Scotland midfielder Scott Gemmill joins us from Everton and brings a wealth of experience to our squad.

An exciting prospect has joined from Newcastle in the shape of Mike Kamara, a striker who despite being only 20, will undoubtedly see first team action this year.

I am also excited by the signature of Dutch defender Ryan Holman from Feyenoord. We faced competition from other clubs for the talented player and I’m thrilled he has chosen Stirling.

Wingback Barry Quinn, formerly of Coventry and Ireland will add depth to the team with his versatility.

Ex-England, Liverpool and Tottenham midfielder Jamie Redknapp will also be playing for us this year and despite currently nursing an injury, I’m sure he will have a major impact. Jamie is a real star signing for us and I hope that he and his lovely wife Louise settle into the area. I’m only too happy to show Mrs Redknapp the best shopping areas that Stirling boasts.

The midfield has also been strengthened by the arrival of Stephen Clemence and I look forward to seeing this area of the team in action this year.

Defender Cyril Domoraud is another player I’m happy to get and his experience from some of Europe’s top clubs will be an asset to us at the back,

However even he struggles to match the reputation of Marcel Desailly, a World Cup winner with over 100 caps for France and a CV that boasts clubs like Chelsea, AC Milan and Marseille. Marcel may be in the twilight of his career, but I’m sure his strength and knowledge of the game will help us to success this year.

He will share the captaincy of the team with Barry Smith, another experienced defender who signs from Leeds United.

Also a World Cup winner is Alain Boghossian, who has a wealth of experience from playing in Europe’s top leagues and he will add a touch of class to the defence or midfield.

Lucas Cornwall is a talented attacker and even though we have a number of equally good players in his position, I’m always looking to add quality to the side and encourage competition for places.

Defender or Midfielder, the versatility of Aaron Lescott will be useful to the squad this season.

After a recent spell at Rangers, Elvis Danilo Turcios should do well in our league as a defensive right sided player, who isn’t afraid to get forward and show his attacking qualities.

Some new goalkeepers have also arrived at the club, which now means that Martin Herrera is now surplus to demands and is transfer listed. Peter Kjær joins on a player coaching contract from Aberdeen, while Kasey Keller and Mathieu Moreau have signed from Tottenham and Internazionale respectively.

Finally, joining us on loan for the season is defender Emanuel Pogatetz from Bayer Leverkusen and I expect him to be challenging for the regular left back slot.

All these signings mean that a number of players no longer have a future at the club and I would alert lower league managers to the availability of players like Stanislav Varga, Martin Herrera, Lillian Laslandes, Tom Cowan and many more.

We had a couple of difficult pre season fixtures to see how well the new side would cope. A narrow 2-1 defeat to Greek giants and Champions League regulars Olympiakos was followed by a convincing 3-0 demolition of SPL side Hibs.

Bells First Division – East Fife - Firs Park – 1-0 Win

However it is competitive action we are interested in and we kicked off the new season with a trip to the home of the Second Division Champions and everyone’s favourite statue Ross Turpie. Boghossian, Maxwell, Clark, Redknapp and Clemence were all absent due to injury, but we got the league season off to the perfect start with a good away win.

Peter Weatherson fired home the games only goal with a strike from 20 yards and I am delighted to get off to a winning start against a team which I suspect may well be challenging this year.

I look forward to continuing our winning start next week and I am always hopeful of bringing in another player to add to the squad.

Thanks for your support and enjoy the new season.

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Rag:

Bells First Division – East Fife - Firs Park – 1-0 Win<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done Chris in getting promoted two divisions icon_eek.gif

stennybanner.JPG

Coming into my 2nd full season in charge of the warriors I failed in pre-season attempts to land back Nathan Barnes (GK) from Albion Rovers and Stephen McManus (DC) from Celtic. Attempts will be made again with Barnes but the McManus deal looks dead.

New signings at Ochilview were rare over the summer, there was not a desperate need for them! The players that did come in were;

> Mike Marsh FRC - hoping is experience will prove useful

> Asa Cooke FC - could prove a useful versatile player

> Kevin McLeish AMC - aged 25, hasn't done much at any other club so far but looks to have some potential

> Craig Scates SC - signed on a free from St Johnstone to add some extra pressure on the places up front

During the season, a couple of defensive minded players will be sought out, but Roberts is happy with the squad in hand (for the moment).

The Darren Stewart Saga

Darren Stewart - Stenny's main player over the last 2 seasons had agreed a deal to take him to SPL Champs Albion Rovers with 2 players plus a nominal fee coming the other way. As feared Albion did not have the funds available for the transfer to go through and whilst I was on holiday Peterhead snapped him up on a Bosman as his contract runs out mid September! Sorry Bod, nothing I could have done about that! I hope it doesn't affect trading relations (i.e. Barnes on loan) in the future

Pre Season results looked positive enough, players in good scoring form taking the team away to Links Park for the opening match of the season against Montrose.

Stenny finished the last season on a relative high so were quite confident going into this match.

It was a match where none of the new faces were to feature. McLeish was due to be on the bench but got injured during the week in training. So, the lads from last term were kept together.

Stenny controlled the match pretty much from the off and took the lead in 37mins with a John Richardson strike. The second half was a more scrappy affair and Stenny were saved with the offside flag as a Montrose equaliser was ruled out.

McFarlane sealed the points for Stenny with goals in the 68th and 79th minutes to give the travelling support something to smile about in week 1 of the season.

Game 1 Montrose 0 - 3 STENNY

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

It is with great excitement that we look forward to the challenge that Div2 will hold. The team will have to do as money is at a premium and for the first year survival will be our goal. After the mad discovery of an impostor in the managers Chair (We blame the testers rings a bell) icon_rolleyes.gif Manager Robertson was restored to his rightful position as manager once again (Minus his training and manager points Bummer or what 5000points down the tube.)

The manager would like to thank the other managers and apologise for any hold up when he was busy re-doing his training Schedules and the one good point is that in training I can now select all the coaches I hired.

The pre-season friendly matches went well with us winning three out of the four games and only loosing out to St. Mirren. With regards to contracts some player have been given improved contracts from last season and all looks fine in preparation for the big kick off. As usual there is no new faces yet as the manager likes things to settle before making his moves but his limited budget could see him going the loans route to freshen up the side.

Arbroath A 0-3

Our first game in Div 2 and we are off to a flyer Again like last season Knox (M.o.M) and Gursever were on the score sheet and if the pair can continue their form from div3 then we will be in great shape. Bell also got in on the act and is turning into the player Manager Robertson paid 10K for. An away win and three points puts us on top of the league and gets us on our way.

bluebrazil.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scottish Rover:

whilst I was on holiday Peterhead snapped him up on a Bosman as his contract runs out mid September! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is Dogs the new Lizard? icon_mad.gif

Were Steviebods Red & Yellow Army

Yes , After wrapping up the title with 2 games to go, manager Bod took a week off with a Chest Infection (she was 38D , and i was all over her like a rash), leaving his assistant in charge knowing that the title was secure. With Albion leading Celtic by 6 points and an astonishing 40 goals, the manager could relax safe in the knowledge that even Tom Boyd couldnt bollocks that one up.

As the trophy was presented, Albions long suffering fans chanted McGuinness' name with a fervour not heard since Ibrox on Wednesday night. The town of Coatbridge was painted Red & Yellow for all of 24 hours until the council woke up Monday morning and painted it the normal colors of Green & White.

So where now for Albion? ... the Nou Camp , Delle Alpi , Old Trafford , all possible destinations for the new champions of Scotland. The European Dream begins next season. Can McGuinness defend his title against a hungry Dog? ..... can they take on and defeat the finest clubs in the world. Will the board ever increase the capacity beyond that of your average garden shed? ....

Next season , there can be only one ......

.... will turps ever take a bath ro be covered in pigeon crap like his statue?..... will the testers ever get it right? .... will we ever find out who impersonated sav and does this mean cowden are pap again????

Who Knows???

Tune in next time for the shockin truth!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scottish Rover:

_The Darren Stewart Saga_

_Darren Stewart - Stenny's main player over the last 2 seasons had agreed a deal to take him to SPL Champs Albion Rovers with 2 players plus a nominal fee coming the other way. As feared Albion did not have the funds available for the transfer to go through and whilst I was on holiday Peterhead snapped him up on a Bosman as his contract runs out mid September! Sorry Bod, nothing I could have done about that! I hope it doesn't affect trading relations (i.e. Barnes on loan) in the future_

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive actually discussed this Briefly with Dogs , and whilst im more than a tad ****ed about it, he had no real way of knowing i had a deal organised (at least i dont think he did). The funds were there when the deal was arranged (hence why i made no further signings for the last 5 months of the season) so i can only assume the Ass Man renewed a few contracts , and the signing on fees dipped into my transfer budget .... I blame the testers ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Ive actually discussed this Briefly with Dogs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honour amongst thieves eh. icon_frown.gif

As if there's not enough players in the database robbing the talent from poor wee Div 3 sides, almost OF like icon_frown.gif

I’m back in the hot seat, but I lost my manager points and my training schedules and when were Cowden anything other than Pap, were still pap but second division pap. icon_biggrin.gif

“Will the testers ever get it right?â€

Don’t be daft! icon_wink.gif

Will Turps ever take a bath?

Again Don’t be daft! icon_razz.gif

I think we should all get a free Copy of CM03/04 after testing online play and showing that it can be great fun. icon_cool.gif

Sav.

RossTurpieBanner.jpg

Here we go again as we start our 4th season in the Clan Game. Shire have come a long way from being the worst team in Scotland. Other Sh¡tier gaffers now hold that mantle icon_wink.gif The 1st team squad remains in tact and gaffer Turps does not anticipate many changes in terms of play. For Shire's Division 1 campaign, some experienced Pro's joined to give more depth and quality. The Division is packed with top clubs like Dundee and Aberdeen, and the bookies have Shire in at 40-1 to win the Title and grab the only promotion spot. The board reckon we will battle bravely against relegation but with crap managers like Gaz and Ally Shaw in the Division gaffer Turps has other Plans. Heres some of the new faces that have come to see our new statue.......

PLAYERS IN FOR SEASON 2006/7

<LI>4.6.06 DC Fan Zhiyi from Cardiff for Free

<LI>2.7.06 MC Markus Neumayr from Man Utd for Free

<LI>2.7.06 FC Jon Macken from Man City for Free

<LI>2.7.06 DR Mark Delaney from Aston Villa for Free

<LI>2.7.06 AML Alan Johnston from Middlesboro for Free

<LI>2.7.06 DMC Mark Draper from Southampton for Free

<LI>9.7.06 DL Paul Hilland from Torino for Free

<LI>2.8.06 DC Ruben from Peterhead for £10k

LOANS IN FOR SEASON 2006/7

<LI>4.7.06 MC Jerome Thomas from Arsenal

<LI>4.7.06 AMR Daniel de Ridder from Ajax

<LI>4.7.06 SC Daniel Nardiello from Man Utd

The 1st team Squad next season will shape up with Scott Carson in goals, Hilland, Delany and Ferrer as wingbacks. Central defence of Fan Zhiyi and Ruben. A central Midfield of experienced DMC's skippr David Hannah, Niel lennon, Mark Draper and Jerome Thomas. On the wings Alan Johnstone, Jason Wilcox,Bernard Diomede, Jason Nevins and De Ridder. With two up front from Alex Williams, Ebanks - Blake, Nardiello and John Macken.

We did manage to get the season started in the last session and 1st up Shire had rival gaffer Ally 'Harry Rag' Shaw @ Firs Park. The game was a cracker and Albion won 1-0 with a fine effort. Shire played well tho and have plenty of time to win some points. Shire have done well getting this far and are happy to be playing with such illustrious clubs such as the Dons and Dee week in week out. As this could be our last season in this current Clan game due to new version, the team is just going to relax and take every game as it comes. No matter what happens they have done gaffer Turps proud. icon_smile.gif

QPDESK~1.jpg

The Spiders Web

Signings

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Frank de Boer - Free

<LI>Marcus Bignot - Free

<LI>Peter Curtis - Free

<LI>Anthony McGowan - Free

<LI>Thodoris iasonidis - Free

Loan Signings

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Daniele Fortunato - Rangers

<LI>Michael Williamson - Southampton

<LI>Brian Howard - Southampton

Sold

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Tom Bates - £40k - Crystal Palace

<LI>Dallianas - £20 - AEK

We look towards season 5 with high hopes and almost a belief that we should be on top come the end atleast thats what we hope and it couldn't get any harder in our first game when we travelled to Pittodrie to take on Aberdeen.

Murphy got the scoring underway on the 17th minute when his head met the end of a Bashir cross, Schreuder would add to the scoring 10 mintues later with a well taking volley to send us in 2-0 up at the break, however it was to be Aberdeen who would start the brighter and a quick fire Young brace pegged the scoreline back to 2-2. Murphy put us back in front once again just after the hour mark but some woeful defending 5 minutes later allowed Fabiano to equalise moments later Young completed his hat-trick to put Aberdeen 4-3 up, with time rapidly running out substitute Steven McAllister equalised for the Spiders to give each team a share of the spoils in the opening game.

Pittodrie - Aberdeen 4 - 4 Queens Park

Gary Toner

stennybanner.JPG

Challenge Cup 1st Round - Aberdeen (a) - L 0 - 1

Manager Roberts was out on curling duty for the League Challenge Cup match away at Aberdeen. A match he really would have liked to have played in to test his squad against a strong outfit. However, Ass Man Osman who has generally coped well in Roberts' absence in the past took control and headed north to Pittodrie. Looking at the match stats Aberdeen had 19 efforts on goal to our 1 but the defensive resilliance shown in the league showed here as Aberdeen only managed to win the match 1-0

League - Ross County (h) - W 2 - 0

Osman was again in charge for this match at Ochilview against relegated Ross County, Stenny taking all the points thanks to two David McFarlane strikes. A clean sheet as well icon_smile.gif

League - Airdrie Utd (h) W 5 - 0

Roberts was back in the dugout for this one. There is a renewed confidence around Ochiview and with only having one enforced change in the line up (Easton injury) the team at last is getting a bit of consistency in the line up.

John Richardson got the ball rolling in the 5th minute and while Stenny pressed for more were lucky when an Airdrie equaliser midway through the first half was ruled offside.

It wasn't till the 2nd half however till the 2nd came through McGuire in 52 mins. The managers hot prospect David Young added a 3rd in 63 minutes before McGuire netted his second in the 84th min. Not leaving it there, Stenny continued to push and got just reward when Richardson got his second to round off a magnificent 5-0 win.

A sign of the improvement at Stenny was self evident when the manager received a note of congratulations from the board. After last seasons downs and downs, its finally good to see something good happening at Ochilview.

Top of the league

P3 W3 F10 A0 Pts 9

How long will the run last?

evens - not long

3/1 - another 2 games

7/1 - another 5 games

11/1 - another 10 games

30/1 - another 20 games icon_biggrin.gif

Hell, I had a 20 game winless streak last season, how about total role reversal!!

StevieBodBanner.jpg

Albion Shock SPL

Yes , after a close season which promised much but delivered nothing (cashwise or playerwise) , Albion bounced back with a massive signing to boost their champions league hopes. After a long flight to Montevideo, and several weeks of negotiations , Uruguayan International FERNANDO CORREA has joined the Wee Rovers on a 3 year contract. How Correa will adjust to life in Coatbridge remains to be seen, but this is yet another justification of UEFA's decision to place Albion amongst the 1st Seeds in this seasons champions league, with a guaranteed £1.7 million for qualifying for the groups, and a new sponsorship deal in the wings, Correa may not be the last high profile signing for the NEW Red & Yellow army.

Celtic 4 - 0 Albion

Nuff Said. Hartson Hat trick. Tom Boyd in charge for Albion.

Albion 4 - 1 Hibs

4-0 up after 20 minutes. Coasting along. Nicholas on fire, and makes his international debut.

Hearts 1 - 1 Albion

Correa makes his debut after 65 minutes , but fails to break the deadlock , the keeper saving his 1 on 1 brilliantly in the dying seconds.

An average start to the season, as Albion show their class against Hibs but take their eye off the ball against Hearts. Clearly a few minds are on the Champions League draw on the 30th August. The millions are within their grasp. Are the Wee Rovers up to the task of defeating the Big Boys of Europe!

Managed to miss much needed shortlisting by falling asleep on the bus home and ending up a mile fae home. Then in the latter stages of the clan game I managed to fall asleep yet again, hope this didn't cos too much hassle and I didn't stuff it up as per norm. I also managed to fall asleep on the way into work this morning and i zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Managed to miss much needed shortlisting by falling asleep on the bus home and ending up a mile fae home. Then in the latter stages of the clan game I managed to fall asleep yet again, hope this didn't cos too much hassle and I didn't stuff it up as per norm. I also managed to fall asleep on the way into work this morning and i zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol Rip Van Miny Winkle icon_biggrin.gif

Stranraer H (cup) 0-2

A disappointing cup game with Gursever out injured in the third minute and Campbell giving away an own goal on the 35th minute and Baillie getting sent off in the 82nd to just finish us off. We did get to try a new tactic so not a total loss at all.

The team might have been tired but they should have done better in this game, manager Robertson will be looking for improvement all round next game.

Inverness C Thistle H 0-1

And it’s our first points lost and its partly due to the strike force not hitting the back of the net. Cowden were without first choice Gursever and Knox and it showed with the ball failing after many good chances to hit the back of the net. It was not a bad display but Thistle took their one good chance and we failed with about eight. Young Paul Shearer got (M.O.M) and is looking good so far for his age.

Forfar A 2-1

A poor result with us having a late equalizer chalked off. Manager Robertson has brought in a few loans in Annand and Mclean but they fail to impress in there first game. Lake was the only outstanding player and scored the penalty. We are going to find it hard in this division with no money clearly to freshen up the team to the next level.

After that string of results I need a pick me up

prettypolly01.jpg

That should do it! (Gratuitous Image of Rachel Stevens)

Haven't been keeping up with latest developments here for a while.

How did Stevie Bod manage to get into the SPL? "Heez a dud" as Rocco always opined.

Major shock that it wasn't the dog"we'll-be-lucky-to-finish-bottom"meister proudly positioned at the pinnacle of the premier.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wearrapipple:

How did Stevie Bod manage to get into the SPL? "Heez a dud" as Rocco always opined.

Major shock that it wasn't the dog"we'll-be-lucky-to-finish-bottom"meister proudly positioned at the pinnacle of the premier.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lo Alan u should get in touch m8, me and u have a little chat icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wearrapipple:

Major shock that it wasn't the dog"we'll-be-lucky-to-finish-bottom"meister proudly positioned at the pinnacle of the premier.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lo Alan u should get in touch m8, me and u have a little chat icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont do it, Roonie wants your Pies!!!!

Well having lost our league opener 4-0 while I was away trying to tie up a sponsorship deal with SKINT the team were without doubt more than happy to have me back in charge.

The morale had been low in the camp and it was not at all helped in the opening 20 minutes at home to Forfar as we went down 2-0. However we were not out of it and managed to claw back to 2-2 before I had some choice words with my defence and tweaked the attacking tactics. Sure enough my awesome ability was proven as we went on to romp it 4-2.

Next on the hitlist was 1st Division high flyers Dundee at New Bayview, despite not having the big bucks and bringing in anyone (not even a loan) we managed to sink the Dees with a sound 1-0 humping.

Away to ICT next was always going to be tricky but we managed to hold on to a 1-1 draw which see's our climb of the table begin.

On a plus note Peter Jenkins of the Wales U21 squad scored in all 3 of his matches while I was bossing the team and has staked his claim as the number 1 striker ahead of even Kenny D.

Stranny next in the cup, we'll show Sav's Cowden family how it's done I should think.

Hope the move goes well, and your assistant will do you proud till then with your team. icon_biggrin.gif

I see Turps has got pics of the last Clan meet up on the net. icon_rolleyes.gif

_39502477_villagepeople203.jpg

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Monday 27/10/03

The Clague has gone. Long live the Kyle.

Dear Supporters,

First of all I must bring you up to speed with our recent transfer activities. I’m delighted to have made some deals that will strengthen our attacking options, so much so that I am toying with the idea of returning to three up front as we started out with in the third division. Joining us are Josemi from Real Mallorca, João Paiva from Sporting and Carlos Bravo who was without a club. I expect Josemi to be battling hard for a first team place, while the latter two will have the chance to impress in the reserves before making the step up.

Also arriving is Kevin Kyle, who some of you may remember had a highly successful loan spell at the club a few years ago. Kevin joins us in a deal that sees Neal Clague go the other way to Albion Rovers in a transfer which I’m sure will prove fruitful for both clubs. Neal has been a tremendous servant to the club in his time here, consistently being top goalscorer and a real fans favourite, however the circumstances and timing of the deal were too good for us to ignore and I’m confident that Kevin Kyle will be an ideal replacement.

Finally, we also say thank you to Lillian Laslandes, who has moved on to Elgin City. Lillian didn’t have the most productive spell at the club due to injury, but we hope that he’ll have better fortune with the Black and Whites.

Sat 12.08.06 - Bells First Division – St. Mirren – Forthbank Stadium – 5-1 Win

St. Mirren were the first side to grace Forthbank this season, in a match that saw us play some sparkling football and show that there was life after Clague.

A counter attack up field let Kyle score on his debut and Greg Denham’s own goal at a corner kick soon doubled our advantage. Kyle added another from a “route one†move on the stroke of half time and the goals kept coming after the break, as a defensive blunder let Peter Weatherson find the net.

Martin Cameron pulled one back for the visitors, but Kyle fired home another goal to cap our victory and crown his first game for us with a hat trick.

It was a super win for us and it put us top of the league with two games gone.

Tue 15.08.06 – Challenge Cup 2nd Round – Partick Thistle – Forthbank Stadium – 4-1 Win

Due to the proximity of our league games and the fact that anything from the Challenge Cup is a bonus, I selected a number of players who hadn’t yet had the chance to shine this season.

Josemi got his Stirling career off to the perfect start with a debut goal just 1 minute into the game and we were soon two up when Josemi’s cross was turned into his own net by Mark Thomson.

Cedric Roussel evaded the Thistle defence to make it three and Josemi fired home a shot from the edge of the box to make it 4-0.

Paul Walker was given too much space and allowed to pull one back, but our lead was never in any danger, especially when the Jags had Thomson sent off for a push.

It was a pleasing win that showed me that our squad has the sort of depth required for a successful season.

Sat 26.08.06 - Bells First Division – Partick Thistle – Firhill Stadium – 1-1 Draw

We were soon battling the Jags again, this time for points at Firhill.

Walker again snuck in to put Thistle ahead, but Kyle finished superbly after a cross from Lucas Cornwall to pull us level.

Unfortunately, we couldn’t build on this, even when David Rowson was shown his second yellow card, but a point from Firhill can’t be scoffed at.

So far I’m happy with the way in which we’ve kicked off the campaign, unbeaten from four games. Hopefully we can continue to pick up points at home and away to remain focused on that single promotion place.

Thanks for your support and enjoy the game.

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

The Spiders Web

Just a quick review this week due to time constraints.

We started off at Hamdpen with St Johnstone visiting, Stephen McAllister pounced early on to give us the lead before Gez Murphy added a 2nd moments later, Parker pulled one back just after half time but it wasn't to be enough as Gez Murphy grabbed his 2nd just after the hour mark with Hay getting a consolation deep into injury time for the visitors.

Queens Park 3 - 2 St Johnstone

Next up was the Challenge cup 1st round and it gave us a trip out to The Rock to take on Dumbarton in a game seperated by a Stephen McAllister brace.

Dumbarton 0 - 2 Queens Park

First all human derby of the season was against East Stirling at Firs Park and it was to be the shire who would come out on top with Macken and Zhiyi putting Shire 2-0 up before Gez Murphy pounced to set up a tense last 20 minutes.

East Stirling 2 - 1 Queens Park

Gary Toner

Bod,

Please remember had it been me who was ripped off and unfairly booted i would have been told to like it or F**k off, throwing a hissy fit does no good to anyone, your in the SPL for christ sake one game wont matter!

Ill back turps here and say he gave you fair warning and with no reply what are we to assume??

Archived