The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marlow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris Dorey:

Unfortunately Sav attempting to register alias accounts doesnt help either :/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'tard icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marlow thats no way to Talk about Kris Dorey especially seen as he gave u that nice blubirds avatar. Why dont you go back to ur schoolie homework or something, if u have nothing constructive say 'tard icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no sms speak icon_razz.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

evening guys looking forward to sunday afternoon in the boozer if your all able to make it after the 5's in the morning. nice to see marlows got a mate in therajgaj they can stand outside the pub and talk about how much homework they had this weekend ! dont worry lads i'm sure someone will send you out a bag of crisps

Turps : *IF* we let sav back (I havent asked the other mods yet, but Im willing to cut some slack on this one for pure amusement of idiocy factor), can you explain to him in words of 1 syllable or less how not to post like a spácker? icon_smile.gif

Ill raise this in mods as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris Dorey:

Turps : *IF* we let sav back (I havent asked the other mods yet, but Im willing to cut some slack on this one for pure amusement of idiocy factor), can you explain to him in words of 1 syllable or less how not to post like a spácker? icon_smile.gif

Ill raise this in mods as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think after the abuse he got on Monday night, he realised how completely idiotic it was.

We can explain it if youll explain what in the name of Berti Vogts a spácker? is.

Sounds to me like some kind of new chocolate bar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

I think after the abuse he got on Monday night, he realised how completely idiotic it was.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are also going to give him a good kicking at the clan meet-up on Sunday. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

I think after the abuse he got on Monday night, he realised how completely idiotic it was.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are also going to give him a good kicking at the clan meet-up on Sunday. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont say that Jimbo Sav commited suicide last night this whole buisness hit him hard icon_frown.gif His departure was pleasant tho, as his dying wish had come true. His Cowdenbeath finished higher than Gretna. R.I.P icon_biggrin.gif

Roger Wilko Wing Commander. *Gets out the dot to dot books and crayons for Sav* icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

We can explain it if youll explain what in the name of Berti Vogts a spácker? is.

Sounds to me like some kind of new chocolate bar.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think "Davids in genuine foul claim" and errm, well thats about it icon_wink.gif

You might want to teach sav112 that if hes gonna register an alias then 112sav isnt the best idea icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol i knew he was stoopid but how stoopid is that! I think he should remain banned who knows what Sav is capable of! thats hilarious icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

Dont say that Jimbo Sav commited suicide last night this whole buisness hit him hard icon_frown.gif His departure was pleasant tho, as his dying wish had come true. His Cowdenbeath finished higher than Gretna. R.I.P icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing as Gretna own 3rd place in SD3 then his dying wish was not a problem. icon_frown.gif

Dead man walking, dead man walking, not since the escape filmed in the Shawsank Redemption has someone got out of jail more spectacular than what has been pulled off over this last few days on the forum. icon_biggrin.gif

I accept this gracious award for being prat icon_rolleyes.gif of the month and would like to thank the people that made this award so special.

Firstly Turps, who’ s efforts and support throughout have been outstanding, I’d like to thank all the Mod’s for there understanding especially Kris and Dog’s and Mookie.

Also the little people like Gaz, Jim, Lambie's Lovechild I thank you for your support.

I’ll get to work later on my match report for Monday.

Sav (It’s good to be back) icon_cool.gif

“You might want to teach sav112 that if hes gonna register an alias then 112sav isnt the best ideaâ€

How lazy is that I know, I was going to go Carla White but thought na.

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Dead man walking, dead man walking, not since the escape filmed in the Shawsank Redemption has someone got out of jail more spectacular than what has been pulled off over this last few days on the forum. icon_biggrin.gif

I accept this gracious award for being prat icon_rolleyes.gif of the month and would like to thank the people that made this award so special.

Firstly Turps, who’ s efforts and support throughout have been outstanding, I’d like to thank all the Mod’s for there understanding especially Kris and Dog’s and Mookie.

Also the little people like Gaz, Jim, Lambie's Lovechild I thank you for your support.

I’ll get to work later on my match report for Monday.

Sav (It’s good to be back) icon_cool.gif

“You might want to teach sav112 that if hes gonna register an alias then 112sav isnt the best ideaâ€

How lazy is that I know, I was going to go Carla White but thought na.

icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome back Sav now please behave! Prat of the month lol! more like biggest do ball in the history of the Scottish Clan and thats a lot of history btw! I liked ur 'little people' tag thats suits Jimbo down to a t. Considering u are so stupid Sav it must be hard for Jimbo, being stuck down in the 3rd Division while your Cowdenbeath are riding high. Speak to you tonight in the chat room ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

365 days doesnt = 1 month?

you got prat of the year on the CMO awards mate! lol

nice to have you back about sav and good luck with the last few games in the clan tonight for all you guys.

I liked ur 'little people' tag thats suits Jimbo down to a t. Considering u are so stupid Sav it must be hard for Jimbo, being stuck down in the 3rd Division while your Cowdenbeath are riding high. Speak to you tonight in the chat room ok.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to see you play Champman the proper way and see how successful you would be, signing 200+ icon_eek.gif players for ES is hardly realistic, if you are such a great manager why do you continually abuse the match engine, go on give it a try.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

What Geezer? are u talking about Christopher L Polawyshius the 3rd a man of the cloth and defender of the house of jesus, or do ball Sav icon_confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

was powlay billed as a Div 2 rival too icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

I liked ur 'little people' tag thats suits Jimbo down to a t. Considering u are so stupid Sav it must be hard for Jimbo, being stuck down in the 3rd Division while your Cowdenbeath are riding high. Speak to you tonight in the chat room ok.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to see you play Champman the proper way and see how successful you would be, signing 200+ icon_eek.gif players for ES is hardly realistic, if you are such a great manager why do you continually abuse the match engine, go on give it a try.

MLC

icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha i have signed no where near 200 players ur talking pesh. Shire have under 80 now! I never said i was a great manager but the fans did thats why they erected a statue at Firs park. Abuse the match Engine how do u do that then Jimbo? get some praccy in niave old wise one... At least i never quit because i was a looser icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scots:

Of Course, We All Are.

The Battling Scots Have Humbled The Mighty Oranje.

I Cannae Wait For Wednesday !!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waiting for wednesday was worthwhile??? icon_biggrin.gif

"Baby Wesley Sneijder is our big king"

Cheers I liked the Scottish fans on Wednesday, allways look on the bride side of life lalala icon_cool.gif

Cool clan this is icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scots:

Of Course, We All Are.

Cheers I liked the Scottish fans on Wednesday, allways look on the bride side of life lalala icon_cool.gif

Cool clan this is icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its Yoda icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

Roonie came third bottom in SD3 then all of a sudden became invincible!!! Me smells a super tactic!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no No NO!

Remember , SI have ALWAYS told us theres no such thing as an Uber-Tactic in CM4. How could you doubt them Coisty, you cynic! icon_rolleyes.gif

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

After a short period when Manager Robertson thought he was going to have to resign from management after a disagreement over some share in a horse with a director, he claimed he owns the horses arse, it was good to see him back.

Raith Rovers H 3-1

A deserved win with Eddie Annand scoring a hat trick and getting (M.o.M). This lifts us possibly out of the danger zone of relegation and up the league. It seems the team are getting used to the standard set in Div2 and what is expected from them.

Rangers A 2-0 (cup)

The Biggest Club in Scotland would welcome Cowden to there ground and with it the payday the club badly needed. Rangers not playing the best football this year were always going to be hard to beat at Ibrox and the Cowden team did their fans proud. Two goals down to a club that is in SPL was no Shame and Cowden even had a few chances.

Arbroath H 3-0

After the result in the cup it was good to see the team bounce back and that they did, they simply pushed Arbroath aside. (M.O.M) Knox got his hat trick and was simply a pleasure to watch out of the park.

Queen of the South A 3-1

A disappointing game that seen the Cowden team under perform, Eddie Annand got our single goal and Beattie was or star performer in the match. Manager Robertson reported that his side would get back to their best to make up for today’s match.

Inverness C. Thistle A 1-1

It was an even contest with ever-reliable Knox netting for Cowden. Cowden had to battle for the point and the game could have went both ways with both teams missing chances.

Forfar H 4-0

This could be Cowdens best result this year with four goals. Morten Granum a loan player was (M.O.M) and his team mates were all up for this game. With goals from Knox (two) and Gurserver and a welcome goal form Courts this was a great match to watch for the Cowden fans. Manager Robertson seemed subdued I think he was still thinking about that horse Dispute.

Hamilton H 2-2

Gurserver (M.O.M) got both the Cowden goals and kept us in the points. Hamilton played some good football but to be fair were the weaker team on the day. Cowden could have won this match but Hamilton showed just enough to share the points.

bluebrazil.gif

At least i never quit because i was a looser icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L-o-s-e-r icon_smile.gif

I quit because the game was **** not because I was a _loser_ icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha Jimbo u mean u were sh¡t icon_wink.gif and tired of getting humped icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

Of Course, We All Are.

Cool clan this is icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klootzak icon_biggrin.gif Prima Nederlands icon14.gif

The end of an era. Chris Nicol's mighty Fifers of the East showed no fear as they went from underdogs to the team everyone feared. Despite being rank outsiders for every league they were in, even more so than the Shire, Chris Nicol managed to mastermind his side to the first division.

The former janitor had this to say "Get it right up the lot o ya" in a truely moving speach.

The highest point in Nicol's career was more than likely the terrific 2-1 mauling away to Ally Shaw's Stirling Albion in the cup when he was a whole 2 divisions behind him.

The all time low had to be the humilating defeat by Kenny's Sons as the mediocre Fifers crashed 9-0 at the rock.

Kenny Deuchar bagged well over 100 goals in Nicol's reign which seen East Fife win 95 draw 42 and lose 80. They scored a 345 sensational goals and conceded a mere 278 flukey ones.

Can Nicol do it again in 03/04, will he be reunited with his New Bayview friends and fans, who knows.

Aye Well.

That 9-0 Defeat Only Helped Propell Your Team To New Heights ... And Kinda Sunk My Team Into Despair.

Congrats To All ... And May The Scots Clan Continue

HERE ARE THE FINAL STANDINGS IN OUR 2003 SCOTTISH CLAN GAME IN SEASON 5

2003ClanGameSPL.jpg

BOD WINS 2 IN A ROW AND IS CROWNED CLAN CHAMPION! DOGS IN 6th BOD IS SIMPLY AWZOME

2003ClanGame1stDiv.jpg

ALLY SHAW BLOWS IT AT AS TURPS PIPS HIM FOR 3rd PLACE on GF IN THE FINAL GAME!

2003ClanGame2ndDiv.jpg

COISTY DESTROYS THE 2nd AS STEVETHEDOG COMES 2nd WITH SAV TRAILING IN 8TH!

2003ClanGame3rdDiv.jpg

DEANO WINS THE TITLE AT 1st ATTEMPT FROM SY IN 2nd THE REST WERE JUST PLAIN CRAP!

StewartRobertsonBanner.jpg

Queen of the South H 1-0

A very close game with Gurserver getting our only goal. An important three points gained to keep us on track to safety in the second division. Andrew Campbell was a rock at the back and the manager was full of praise for him at the end.

East Fife A 2-0

East Fife have been flying and rightly sit at the top even though reports filtered out that their manager was seen in a gay bar the night before it certainly did not effect the team. Knox missed three stone wall goal that normally he would have netted, Manager Robertson was a bit disappointed that Cowden did not get a goal.

Raith Rovers A 0-2

An excellent away result with Knox back on form with two goals. We took the game to Rovers and beat them convincingly. This game makes safety assured in the second Div.

Clyde A 1-0

A disappointing game to end the season that has seen the mighty Cowden establish them self Back in Division 2. This team given time will get better and better. Manager Robertson my not be back at Cowden but he has enjoyed taking Cowden back up over the four seasons.

cowdencrest.gif

The second season was a lot harder to win than the first. The AI had adapted a lot better to my tactics and the Celtic challenge , which weakened midway last season, kept in strong right up until the split. When i beat them 2-1 at Cliftonhill , thats when i thought it was over, and when we clinched the title thanks to Peterhead doing them over up at Fortress Balmoor , I was absoloutely overjoyed.

Even though i scored 18 goals past them during the season , i genuinely didnt fancy having to win the title by beating Rangers at home. Thanks to Dogs for a great challenge right up until 25-26 games played , but i think his tactic of selling anyone at the right price backfired a little as his team seemed unable to consistently put results together.

I believe the clan meet next week will see me choose my team last of all. I look forward to the challenge, and expect Dogs to regain his crown, or at the very least put up his usual excellent fight.

Congrats to Deano. He says nothing at all in the clan room, but on the pitch, he speaks volumes, and to take the worst team in the game and win the title in his first season shows hes going to be a huge threat in the next game.

Well played to Coisty , who despite constant abuse from Turps , came good in the end, destroying Division 2 in a rain of goals (Huntelaar with 56 i believe).

Congrats to Sy for finally proving that Elgin arent just a backwater town in the middle of nowhere ... like Gretna icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats to Rosco & Ally for making D1 such a fantastic battle right up to the very end, and Ally , thanks for Nicholas and Smith, couldnt have done it without you. And Turps , thanks for nothing ... the only clan player apart from Dogs to score consecutive victories over me icon_eek.gif

Finally , a note of commiseration to our 2 sacked managers , Gary Toner (who didnt deserve to go, but the financial side of Queens Park is never easy to shake off) and Sandy Thomson (sacked In-Absentia). Its happened to us all lads, part of the game. Im sure youll be back bigger and better than ever for the next gemme. And ill even take Queens Park if its forced on me icon_razz.gif

Well, what can I say? Apart from the Coister Rules?

If we had this form last season (and no Van Zanten to stir things up) we would of made Roonie greet!!! We totally Demolished the second division without much resistance from anybody which should on our 2 loses in the league all season.

Overall I was not happy with the way Ton performed over the 5 seasons, but leasons were learnt and I feel ready to take on Dogs and Bod in 2003/04 and hopefully do some Roonie humiliating on the way!!!

The very last session should how superior Ton were, with trying swome youngsters and changing tactics around and still not being challenged by the AI.

Ton vs Caley

Record breaking scorer Huntelaar added 2 more onto his tally as the Ton became run away victors. 2-0

Ton vs Clyde

Clyde were sh1ttiing themselfs when the heard that Huntelaar wanted even more goals. And more goals he got as he went on to score a hattrick and setting up 2 for Reid and Carson. 5-0

Arbroath vs Ton

Reid and Huntelaar celebrated "Coisty" day by bagging a goal each 0-2

Forfar vs Ton

Last game of CM4 went to plan as Reid opened the scoring then Huntelaar scored his 56th goal of the season which made him the clans highest scorer 0-2

I thoroughly enjoyed the clan games and enjoyed the banter and wind up sessions in the direction of my Bishopton friend. Look forward to playing with you all when the game starts up again.

CM4 IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE CM03/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Originally posted by coisty

Overall I was not happy with the way Ton performed over the 5 seasons, but leasons were learnt and I feel ready to take on Dogs and Bod in 2003/04

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha why dont u just admit u were sh¡t mu Johnstone friend! Morton were by far the biggest club at the start and you only led them to mid table mediocrity. You wont get the best team the next time Peter nor are you in Bod's or Dogs league keep dreaming!

THE SCOTTISH CLAN 2003 NETGAME - CONCLUSIONS AND FINAL ANALYSIS FROM HOST

Now its over...... but did it really begin? Sadly we only managed 5 seasons, due to the 'latest' update or 'patch' or 'game' changing the goalposts, and threatning our longterm credability. The 2003 netgame was a fresh start for most and the Clan had evolved from previous netgames, with many new human gaffers making their debut's into the competitive world of on-line gaming. The new faces breathed life into the old skool and the Clan embraced CM4 with an optimism, into the new CM4 on-line learning curve.

True to our Scottish roots, 10 managers started in the bottom league, the Scots 3rd Division, this was to be the most competitve and compact deathmatch imaginable. With no Ai teams initially involved, the game was very cut throat and from this the foundations were laid for our new longterm project. The guys picked their own teams at the start and their was no conflict of choice. Most the teams in the lower echelons were much of a muchness and it was pretty fair start for all. With no money or reputation the Division 3 backwater proved a great leveller and proved to be a wise start.

The total new CM4 experience, offered a new challenge for all involved, and some players revelled in the new challenge and others were perhaps niave or took time to adapt. The new version again was a good leveller , but cream always rises to the top and the usual suspects staked their claim as the game progressed. The Scottish leagues have been a superb environment for on-line gaming with 4 small Divisions and the Cup competitions all the guys had something to play for wether fighting for promotion or battling relegation, the romance of taking the small team to the top was the ultimate aim.

The Lower Divisions in Scotland offered a gritty realism and a difficult challenge as managers had to adapt quickly in order to survive. Working with no resources and squads deviod of any quality was for most non gloryhunters a huge challenge. The battle for what ever players available, was a bloody affair as cheap or free talent was very scarce and sought after. The managers that had the edge in terms of scouting abaility or low league knowledge set the standard and would lead the chase for the journey north wards.

In terms of performance all the managers did well, and found their level with in the netgame with the time they had , irrespective of budgets or ability. Some gaffers adapted quicker to the new game, and some took time to find their feet but on the whole all the clubs were evolving and the map of Scottish Football was changing for ever.

A few of the Clan guys struggled as Division 3 proved to be very difficult to leave. Some guys would never leave perhaps they had underperformed or were just left behind. The Clan were lucky that no managers initially got sacked. Some came close in the early satges, but eventually Gaz did get sacked from Queens Park after riding the spiders roller coaster for 5 seasons. No managers moved the other way and took new clubs. Sure the lack of movement was for some frustrating but not many of Clan actually applied for new jobs, and is it really any surprise that no unknown gaffers moved in the few seasons we played. The new version might address this area but in the 2003 Clan game we will never know.

Top Performer and winner in 1st place was undoubtably StevieBod McGuiness and his Albion Rovers. The team that Bod built remained true to its original. Bods 2 in a row SPL titles was an awzome achievment and his physical style, tactics and flair ensured his status as the new champion in the Scottish Clan.

Runner up was Alex Holligan aka dogs our previous champion with Peterhead. Dogs too performed miracles and signed a team of serious class with exciting foreigners and some excellent transfer dealings. Perhaps too much transition hampered consistancy but on their day the Blue Toon and thier tactics were probably the best in the Scottish Clan game and unlucky not to win more Silverware in the process.

3rd Place was urs Truly gaffer Turps. Being host, the worst team was allocated at the start which was fair enough and a 3 year plan to escape the horror of Division 3 was devised. Shire at the start were awfull and a whole new team had to be built. It has to be said that Turps only made 3rd place on Goal difference on the last day of the season, but the League Cup win in season 4 was the highlight. The only manager to come from behind and challenge, and winning a statue in his honour! (sorry had to get that in!)

Other Gaffers worth a mention were Ally 'Harry Rag' Shaw who was never far away with his Stirling Albion wether in the hunt for league titles or transfer targets. Ally is pick of the new additions and proved himself a worthy adversary to the Clan old gaurd with his dilligent scouting and tactical Play, unlucky not to finish 3rd. Gary Toner Also did well guiding Queens Park to 2 promotions only to blow his good work by getting sacked in Season 5. GAz then took bottom club Airdrie and finished the worst team in Scotland but at least he tried. Coisty won the Challenge cup and Division 2 title, eventually forfilling some of his clubs potential.

The rest of the bunch had mixed form wether joining late or taking time to adapt to the new champ version. Experienced Clan guest Deano proved his credentials by winning the 3rd Division with Alloa. Deano proved that with some effort and football know how, progress and an impact could be made despite joining late. Jims's Gretna played well at times but were always frustratingly the nearly men of the netgame. Sav did ok winning promotion for the 3rd but failed to improve the club as a whole. The rest of the guys failed to make an impact wether it was joining late or missing too many sessions. Some fresh faces for the new game would rectify that problem.

Well thats it as honest as ever. I cant really criticise anyone too much as all the guys did really well and put the time in,. It was a good learning curve for everyone, and the guys will be prepared for the new 03/04game thats for sure. The commitment was good apart from at the end where some guys just lost heart but it was understandable, considering this game would never be longterm and the 03/04 imminent. The ones that did put the time in would form the foundations for the new game and their time and enthusiasm was appreciated. This thread has been fun too and some excellent reporting and banter has been made. Sure some guys could have posted more often but its the actual game itself that is important. Hardware wise this old apple shac stood up well, and although slow play dogged the 1st season or 2 most the guys built settled sides and the game sped up as time went on. The banter in the chat room has been the best yet and I reckon weve got the best bunch we have ever had. Thanks again lads for all your time an effort without which it would all be pointless. Were taking a break now for a few weeks so I'll see you soon to lock horns and do it all over again!

Love Rosco

Archived