FM09 update disc

ALCHARLTON

Hi there,

I'm in a right pickle trying to add graphics to my FM09 game. I bought a DVD off a bloke(I assume) called goldenhorseshoeu99 on e-bay a while back. Added skins, took about 25 minutes and works fine. Followed the same instructions for player photo's and general graphic's. This is where my problem lies. :mad:

''Install dvd-select graphics file-copy to my documents/football manager 09''.

After 3-4 hours of waiting my laptop screen went blue and told me it was about to re-boot. This has happened twice. It's not the tech spec on my laptop as it's 2 months old. I must be missing something really simple!:confused:

Any help would be appreciated! I've tried contacting him and he's not replying. To be fair there are instructions on the disc itself, but I'm following these perfectly and still having problems. Everywhere I look I can only find advice for zip files etc.

This should be really simple!

I remember seeing a thread here a while back where someone mentioned that there was a bloke on eBay who stole other FM graphics makers' works and sold them off. How much did he charge you for it? You do realise that you could've got these graphics packs off some FM fansites for free, right?

these discs are actually illegal as graphics can be obtained for free on sites such as sortitoutsi and others which are listed under community info in the game.

it sounds like whoever it was who sold you these has simply found all these graphics an put them on a disc an then sold them to you i.e. making money out of someone elses work.

Ok I'll try whacking 'em on to the computer as a pose to directly to the game.

Yeah, I didn't expect a great deal off of ebay. It was a couple of quid so my friend ordered me a copy. I did my research before using it and found a few people who'd used the same disc and it all seemed kosher.

The guy sounded like he had a chip on his shoulder in the one e-mail he actually replied to.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try later and let you know what happens(if my laptop doesn't melt). Shouldn't be up this early, but the mild hangover and dry mouth has forced me to do so! Thanks people!

[website address removed]

This is where the seller said I should go to if I had any problems. Seem's like a genuine enough cause and if it was that dodgy, surely I would have found at least a few complaints about it somewhere. If you feel the need to discuss who's right and wrong in the field of facepacks, this is the guy you need to talk to.

No ****!? I didn't realise this guy was such a merchant banker!? I checked that thread out, seems he's been up to no good for a while. That would explain why he won't reply to me, I bet he's got a line of malicious mail longer Peter Crouch.

I was ****ed off with the guy way before I knew about his thieving ways. What a ****!

Oh well, I'll try the normal way. I was worried before about getting viruses from downloading before. Can anyone recommend a superpack? I'm happy enough with my own training and tactic's. Just want the faces for the players. Thanks again.

No ****!? I didn't realise this guy was such a merchant banker!? I checked that thread out, seems he's been up to no good for a while. That would explain why he won't reply to me, I bet he's got a line of malicious mail longer Peter Crouch.

I was ****ed off with the guy way before I knew about his thieving ways. What a ****!

Oh well, I'll try the normal way. I was worried before about getting viruses from downloading before. Can anyone recommend a superpack? I'm happy enough with my own training and tactic's. Just want the faces for the players. Thanks again.

Can't be discussed here so I'm willing to discuss it with you through PMs if you want. Check your inbox.

Archived