I want my money back!

But that's kinda the point - he is more likely to make this error in the biggest game of his career when he is under pressure, rather than in a 3rd round FA cup tie against a non-league team when 5-0 up

I was waiting for that reply. The fact that you are in a big game makes the real pro's come out. He has trained all his career for this moment. It isn't me or you in goal lol. He can handle the pressure because he is a pro, if it was real lifehe would take no such risks because of all the training he has put in for this exact situation (which he handled for 91 mins).

I wonder if a news item came up the day after saying he was assasinated by a crazed fan?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets do a test' date=' what team talk would you have given if you was 2-1 up or drawing 1-1. Lets find out what team talk the OP did and what the score was.[/quote']

I would not be so presumptuous as to say I am the absolute authority on team-talks, and as such, what has my choices got to do with the OP's choices in team-talks?

I would not be so presumptuous as to say I am the absolute authority on team-talks, and as such, what has my choices got to do with the OP's choices in team-talks?

I just wondered what you would have given compared to the OP. As there are so few options I am guessing you would both give the same which of course would lead to this no matter what if we are to take you're argument that team talk is to blame? It would be unavoidable?

What you have here is a totally out of character (because his stat for throwing is 19) elementary error from a talented player. Why do you assume that this is a problem with him losing his focus? What evidence is there for this please?

Why would you assume it was a mis-throw? It could have been a mis-kick and others have also pointed out that his "First Touch" attribute, being low, could have had a part to play in it.

Moreover, I think it is a fallacy to assume that talented players are immune to elementary mistakes.

And about you questioning my assumption of it being a case of the goalkeeper losing focus, I was thinking to myself that it was not an injury that caused the mistake, and it might not have been down to uneven grass or a rough patch on the pitch as I do not think SI programmed such incidents into the ME.

I do not claim that it had to be a case of the goalkeeper losing focus, but was suggesting that it could be a possibility as opposed to it merely being a bug or an anomaly caused solely by the inadequacies of the ME. In my game, I pay extremely close attention to players' motivation and act upon any disturbances as best I can, therefore I am more sensitive to this possibility.

I like that the OP hasn't actually contributed anything more to the thread other than the first post...

Hopefully he managed to immerse himself into the preparations of the following season or could already be in the midst of a successful one. People seldom complain when they are winning I notice. :)

That is why he has not come back on here, that is... until the next bug/anomaly/mistake.

Hopefully he managed to immerse himself into the preparations of the following season or could already be in the midst of a successful one. People seldom complain when they are winning I notice. :)

That is why he has not come back on here, that is... until the next bug/anomaly/mistake.

I do! I won promotion with Rotherham and complained, I play 07 and watch the slick match engine. Then i think 'give 09 a chance it must be better' and i watch the 2d match engine (i prefer 2d) and it is soooooo slow. I have a good pc by the way too so none of that argument. I get so mad at how my beautiful 07 was ruined two years on the trot lol.

Why would you assume it was a mis-throw? It could have been a mis-kick and others have also pointed out that his "First Touch" attribute, being low, could have had a part to play in it.

Moreover, I think it is a fallacy to assume that talented players are immune to elementary mistakes.

And about you questioning my assumption of it being a case of the goalkeeper losing focus, I was thinking to myself that it was not an injury that caused the mistake, and it might not have been down to uneven grass or a rough patch on the pitch as I do not think SI programmed such incidents into the ME.

I do not claim that it had to be a case of the goalkeeper losing focus, but was suggesting that it could be a possibility as opposed to it merely being a bug or an anomaly caused solely by the inadequacies of the ME. In my game, I pay extremely close attention to players' motivation and act upon any disturbances as best I can, therefore I am more sensitive to this possibility.

Your argument is becoming more and more convoluted. In accordance with Occam's razor, look for the simplest explanation!

Your argument is becoming more and more convoluted. In accordance with Occam's razor, look for the simplest explanation!

That being it is a bug? ;)

What is so convoluted about the possibility that this incident is caused by something other than a bug or the inadequacies of the ME?

What I am saying is very simple. I find that what Wolfsong brought up could be a possibility and that the OP might have failed to deal with his goalkeeper, during pre-match/half-time, appropriately as deemed by the game.

Is that so hard to comprehend?

I would also like to leave it as that. Personally, I find we have brought this particular discussion between us two to as far as it can go unfortunately. You are entitled to believe the cause of such an incident is solely down to a poor ME, while I am entitled to keep my mind open.

Archived