Jamie Carragher-Have you ever bought him?

Milky

Playing as Man City,need a good defender. He's a player that i dont really see much about on the forums.In reality he is a very good player that never really grabs the headlines.Was thinking about trying to get him in the next transfer window,just wondered if anybody has bought him and how he is in the game?

Well, there are plenty of reasons he's not mentioned that often:

1. You'll have to spend a lot to get him in all probability.

2. He'll ask for a lot of money.

3. He'll be very hard to convince to move from Liverpool.

4. He's getting on in age as well.

So if you combine all those reasons, he's not particularly popular on the forum I guess. But he is an excellent defender none-the-less. If you can get him for say 15M or so, then I guess good deal. Else no point as you can get other quality CB's who're younger, cheaper and just as good/almost as good.

he out performs fazio zapater or any other defenders i play even at the not so young age of 34 so you all might say others are better but i think carragher is one of the best also he is english so he can speak the language and doesnt need time to settle in so overall id say hed be a quility signing

I think if I was Liverpool he would be a key player for me but being another club who are not as big as Liverpool I wouldnt even bother trying to buy him as for the reasons "theincrediblehulk" mentioned.

Plus you said he speaks english and to be honest when i hear him talk i cant understand a word he says lol

I agree with what people are saying but you are Man City and money doesnt really matter so why not go for it and try to get him. There are the usual people you can sign but surely its fun to have a game where you try players you have never had before. He will cost alot and might not want to leave but go for it.

I agree with what people are saying but you are Man City and money doesnt really matter so why not go for it and try to get him. There are the usual people you can sign but surely its fun to have a game where you try players you have never had before. He will cost alot and might not want to leave but go for it.

agreed, having well known players that you dont normally buy because there are somehow better cheaper options makes the game really good.

Have had a go at getting him,bid up to £18 million and Liverpool turned it down. Really dont want to go up anymore. I know what you guys are saying over his age but in real life he is a solid and reliable defender. Thats the whole reason behind me having a look at him.At the moment Dunne is making far too many mistakes,Kompany injured and Ben Haim i wouldnt play in a Stockport side!

Go for Lescott or some other English CB, Steven Taylor can become very good. If not try Chygrynskyi the Shakhtar CB he doesnt get mentioned much on the forums but is a great player lacks a bit of pace but has always been a solid CB when I have bought him and should cost not much more than £10 million.

Archived