Changing the default skin colours

leedsforever

Ok I want to edit the skin a little bit but I don't want a new one, just the default.

I am using the 'blank2009' skin and I have used a few files to edit it.

I've used this in the 'team squad.xml' file:

<flags id="Ppkd"/> <!-- picked info -->

<flags id="Pnfo"/> <!-- player status/info -->

<flags id="Pnam"/> <!-- person name -->

<flags id="Page"/> <!-- person age -->

<flags id="Ppos"/> <!-- position -->

<flags id="Pmor"/> <!-- player morale -->

<flags id="Pcon"/> <!-- player condition -->

<flags id="Poap"/> <!-- overall appearances -->

<flags id="Pogl"/> <!-- overall goals -->

<flags id="Poas"/> <!-- overall assists -->

<flags id="Poav"/> <!-- overall average rating -->

<flags id="Pomo"/> <!-- overall man of match -->

Which has worked out fine.

I have also removed the lines

'<record id="Pfrm" auto_hide_priority="1100"/>

<!-- player form -->'

from the 'tactic person list.xml' file which has also worked out fine.

However, I am having problems changing the player attribute colouring which is very simple and I have done before. I have changed the player attribute colours (in fm colours.xml) to the following:

<!-- profile attribute colours -->

<colour name="low attribute" red="102" green="153" blue="204"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="34" green="139" blue="34" />

<colour name="good attribute" red="255" green="153" blue="0" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" />

<colour name="special attribute" red="252" green="255" blue="0" />

<colour name="attribute label" red="255" green="255" blue="255" /> (I don't want this white but that was how it came)

<colour name="special attribute label" red="250" green="252" blue="112" />

<colour name="profile extra text" red="150" green="200" blue="255" />

This also worked out fine but changed fonts in other places. For example, see the following screen shot:

dhwt4he4km.png

As you can see, the name for the individual attributes is white, the text under the 'Other' column in the bottom right is yellow and the 'On loan from...' text is in light blue instead of dark blue. I don't want the attribute label to be white, the text under the Other coloum to be yellow or the 'On loan from...' to be light blue. I just want to change the specific attribute colours

I placed the following into the 'config.xml' files in the skins folder (of the main football manager data folder - not the blank2009 skins folder):

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2066232#post2066232

This just erased any changes I made so the colour attributes were as they were originally not the blue, green, orange, red that I wanted. What can I do?

Your line for "attribute label" defines white ... 255,255,255. Pick a different color.

Unless that's what you wanted, and I misread your post. Seems you might want to rtemove your color choices from config.xml and put them into fm_colours.xml in the .../skins/<skinname>/settings folder.

Yes that was the attribute label that was already specified. Can someone give me the default colour that is used please? I worded my original post wrong. michaeltmurrayuk I am using both the standard config files and no, it hasn't stopped it from happening. By

'I placed the following into the 'config.xml' files in the skins folder (of the main football manager data folder - not the blank2009 skins folder). This just erased any changes I made so the colour attributes were as they were originally not the blue, green, orange, red that I wanted. What can I do?'

I meant I have used the config.xml file from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2066232#post2066232 and that reset the colours to the default ones which I didn't want as it reset the player colour attributes too. (the specific colours blue, green, orange, red and the attribute label) I want the attribute label etc to be the default colour but I want the blue, green, orange and red attribute colouring.

Ok whatever you placed into the main data folder delete it.

I take it you downloaded the blank base skins from the sticked thread - and have the blank09 and config.xml files in your skins folder. (If you made any changes to the config.xml file delete it and redownload the skin and copy the org config.xml file into the skins folder).

To get the colours to what you want you need to edit the 'fm colours.xml' file from the settings folder.

There are two ways we can fix this - if you know what bits of the fm colours file you edited we can change them back, if you don't know (or that doesn't work) you can delete the fm colours.xml file and redownload the blank09 skin and copy over the unedited file and start again with the colours.

To get the white and yellow text back to normal copy this into the fm colours.xml file inplace of those four lines already in the file:

<colour name="special attribute" red="0" green="71" blue="168" />

<colour name="attribute label" red="40" green="40" blue="40" />

<colour name="special attribute label" red="40" green="40" blue="40" />

<colour name="profile extra text" red="40" green="40" blue="200" />

To reset the loan colour you'll need to scroll down to this line:

<!-- player colours -->

<colour name="loan in" red="40" green="40" blue="160"/> <!-- on loan from other club -->

And change the RGB values to match what I've pasted in above.

That should hopefully reset the colours (white, yellow and loan) without touching your attribute colours (green, orange, red)

If none of that works backup the 'team squad.xml' and 'tactic person list.xml' files, delete the skin redownload it and start again.

Copy back the 'team squad.xml' and 'tactic person list.xml' files and then edit the fm colours.xml file, the only bits you need to edit to change the attribute colours are the first four lines (low, normal, good and excellent lines), edit the four lines as below to get your colours back without changing the other colours.

<colour name="low attribute" red="102" green="153" blue="204"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="34" green="139" blue="34" />

<colour name="good attribute" red="255" green="153" blue="0" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0" />

Hopefully that should fix it for you.

I'm just checking it now, thanks a lot for your help. I don't know why the colours were messed up like that in the first place as I'm sure I just used the default ones in the blank2009 folder but perhaps not. The "loan in" colour was already set to 40/40/160 so I'm not sure if it will be corrected.

Oh well what I was wanting was similar colours to the traffic light colours that you get when playing a player in different positions.

I wanted to do the light green for excellent, dark for good, orange for normal and red for poor.

But tone down the two greens sort of thing cause light is hard to read and i wanted the greens to be distinguishable.

If you could do that then I'd appreciate it a lot!

<colour name="low attribute" red="255" green="0" blue="0"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="255" green="153" blue="0" />

<colour name="good attribute" red="0" green="200" blue="0" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="255" blue="0" />

Paste that in the 'settings.xml' file in the settings folder (overwriting the current profile attribute colours that are there).

Archived