Football Manager Handheld 2007

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Medion:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Medion:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:

Younger Crayola: We're not ruling out improving or expanding on the tactical side of the game in the future. It's definitely something we will consider going forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this aspect is really the main reason I didn't get into the game. I'm pretty sure the older versions of CM used to have more tactical flexbility...if you're losing a game this is where I would normally go to fix things... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay so I know we still can not make custom formations BUT are there a lot more choices for formation this time around or at least variants? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that that is the case this year, that we have more tactical options available, but still not total control as in PC version.

People have to understand and respect the capabilities, and limitations, of the PSP, and that FMH is not meant to be a direct port of FM on PC.

Yeah, tactics is the biggest gripe I have with the current FMH edition. Some more flexibility would be gratefully appreciated in the new version. (In the end it probably won't matter - I'll still get it just for all the other improvements. icon_biggrin.gif )

I think the new FMH sounds great. Some bril features added. I was just woundering does it have hot seat play?? So you can have 2 teams on one psp??

I think what they have done to get FM on the PSP is great, I knew it would be nothing like the PC version and think they have done a great job at importing it onto the PSP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Bob Bean Bag:

The first handheld version annoyed me, in 3 seasons my team was full of world class cheap Mexicans and Brazillians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. Loved being able to play FM on my vacation in Thailand...but hated all the superplayers from Brazil.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sajidaslam:

will u be able to change player names with the editor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is possible to edit player names.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Bob Bean Bag:

The first handheld version annoyed me, in 3 seasons my team was full of world class cheap Mexicans and Brazillians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've fixed a few flaws in work permits which makes it harder to make a super team of unknown brazillians.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yonno:

will we ever see the option to turn off work permits in a realism setting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a bad idea - makes note for version+1 icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

I assume that there are still 'unlockables' in the new version, but are there more of them this year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes although there is only one new one I have to admit (was more important to get new features in than try and think up unlockables imho) .....

But the new one is quite nice icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the quick reply Marc, and i think you're right in saying that the new features (plus amendments) are more important than loads of new unlockables, just thought these were a nice addition to the first version, and am glad to see they are included again.

So, if there is just one new one, does that mean there are 4 in total, including the 3 from last year?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">thanks for the reply marc what else will the editor allow us to change </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Editing will allow changing of player data (name, year of birth, ability, potential ability, club they're at that sort of thing - but not individual attributes) and club data (again a subset of the entire data - ie. reputation, division etc.).

If the editing proves popular this version then I'll expand it into a 'full' system where you can edit every nook and cranny next version.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

So, if there is just one new one, does that mean there are 4 in total, including the 3 from last year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes thats correct icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">thanks for the reply marc what else will the editor allow us to change </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Editing will allow changing of player data (name, year of birth, ability, potential ability, club they're at that sort of thing - but not individual attributes) and club data (again a subset of the entire data - ie. reputation, division etc.).

If the editing proves popular this version then I'll expand it into a 'full' system where you can edit every nook and cranny next version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure it will be popular icon14.gif

I'm interested when will the game appear in France? It's not gonna be like 10-15 days after 20th october right?

I live in Paris, if I pre-order the game now, when will I get it? Can you please give me some info on it...

Will the historical stats for teams and players be improved on? eg:

- total career stats to date for players

- top goalscorer of all time for team

- most appearances for team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdBed:

I wish I lived further away from work. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At most 30min bus journey to college in morning, and similar length in afternoon/evening for me. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kleb:

Does FM ever comes to the Nintendo DS? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Simple reason is that the DS is not powerful enough to run it.

Marc,

Believe me, you can safely assume that the editing will prove popular in this version and you should absolutely begin working on a 'full' editor for FMH 2008! Sadly, I spend at least as much time editing things in the PC version as I do playing the actual game and I will have reached nirvana if I'll be able to do that for FMH 2008. Please begin work on this as soon as possible, sir!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

If the editing proves popular this version then I'll expand it into a 'full' system where you can edit every nook and cranny next version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

Please Marc...

Is there any chance of popping out a release for the PS2.

If the game condensed to work for the PSP, then it will surely work on the PS2.

I've been suffering CM2006 syndrome for sins and without a PC, am missing FM badly!! icon_frown.gif

I would also imagine from a marketing perspective, if you release FM for the PS2, it will knock spots off CM in the game charts as they've made a right hash of the series since you parted company with Eidos. You know when fans say a crap footy player does'nt deserve to wear the shirt? Well... the new people making Championship Manager don't deserve to have the brand they work with!

Archived