FM08 - Glasgow Rangers - Home Of The Gers

jonahno6

Naismith bit wierd for me :s

Scored like 5 in the first 3 then dried up and hasnt scored in 6.

Lost his place to Darcheville whos on a goal a game.

No Kris boyd,got Defoe plus 2 million for him,great deal :D Defoe's hitting them in, 5points clear at top of the table and Celtic closer to being relegated than winning the league.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol yea, i was doing sooo well with my style of footie...it was an end to end game before half time... but in the second half i got pumped big time! I have Hibs, celtic..then roma, St miren the liverpool again...im fighting for 3rd place...but i do have a chance to get into the last 16 if i beat liverpool more than 2 goals providing i beat roma!...anyhows... back to basics i reckon.... wish me luck... icon_rolleyes.gif or maybe suggest a formation or two...

What are your instructions for your central mids people?

I got Thiago Neves and Ferguson playing there...but both are really average, I just don't know how to set them...

First season I won the league by 21 pts and the Scottish League Cup, losing the Uefa Cup Final 2-0 to Everton but all my success was due to my wingers and Billy Sharp after January.

Originally posted by ACkaku22:

What are your instructions for your central mids people?

I got Thiago Neves and Ferguson playing there...but both are really average, I just don't know how to set them...

First season I won the league by 21 pts and the Scottish League Cup, losing the Uefa Cup Final 2-0 to Everton but all my success was due to my wingers and Billy Sharp after January.

give fergie an attacking midfield instrcution get a holding player in such as banega and set him as defensive midfielder.

tell ferguson to tackle easy cos he's partial to a booking or 50 (guy is a joke for getting sent off)

1st season end of October sitting top of the league by 3 points. Got to the Champions league group stage and got drawn in a group with AC Milan, Valencia and CSKA. Hoping for a 3rd place finish. Milan pumped me 4-0 at the San Siro, 2-2 in Russia (jammy bastards scoring in the last minute through Vagner Love) and a great 1-1 draw with Valencia at home in a game i dominated.

Transfers in:

Allesandro Pistone LB ( back up for injured Smith with Papac leaving)

Thiago cm - free from Barcelona (must sign, one for future)

Da Mota - DM (one for future)

Bogdan Lobont - replaced Mcgregor and what a signing 11 conceded in 19 games

Dalla Valle AMC/FW (For the Future)

Transfers Out:

Papac for 3.9M to Wigan

Chris Craig 50K to Falkirk

Ive also let the best youngsters out on loan to Airdire my feeder team

First 11

Lobont

Hutton----Webster---Cuellar---Pistone(until Smith fit)

-------Ferguson/Thompson----Hemdani(run's back into DM

Beasley-------Adam-----------Burke

J/Darcheviie

I also play a 442 with more or less same players and i play the same way Walter does in Europe too.

JCD has 19 in 19, 1 asist and 7MoM

Burke 9 assists with 3 goals

Adam, top quality - 2 goals, 4 assists pass 78% av.r 7.30

Potential singings ?

Potential sales ?

Got 626K left but im sure if i ask ill get more

Originally posted by stevenmccubbin:

Has anyone ever managed to get rid of ugo in first season.

Nope icon_frown.gif i end up sacking him, and give his place in the reserves to a youngster...like you i have tried every trick in the book. Just cut him loose mate and invest in youth icon_smile.gif

Just won the treble in my 2nd season beating celtic 6-0 into the bargain.

I'm playing a 3-5-2 formation. Boyd scored 39 goals with Kerlon and Jozy Altidore alternating as his strike partner. I bought Bogdan Stancu the season before for 350k and sold him to west brom for 7.5mil. pablo Piatti is my star player. bought him from roma for 2.1mil and after 1 season every top club in the game after him offering 10mil plus for him. He scored 24 goals 8 assists and 10 MOM in 39 games and also won player of the year. Altidore also a bargain at 650k now worth 5mil and scoring nearly every game. paul anderson from liverpool amazin loan player for me. Had same prob with ugo

Originally posted by Gavassasin:

pablo Piatti is my star player. bought him from roma for 2.1mil and after 1 season every top club in the game after him offering 10mil plus for him. He scored 24 goals 8 assists and 10 MOM in 39 games and also won player of the year.

Hey ive just got my hands on pablo Piatti 2.2 mil...only played about 6 games for me with two goals..hes fit in sooo well, hes some find mate, For me he needs to brush up on his attacking, as in shooting,but his runs, passes etc are so diffrent and more effective to anything ive got inmy team...So much so he's literly just walked straight in, superb find! got the young keeper from liverpool to, aswell as coco to cover for smith and maybe help my youth, ive found myslf hiring some of the hold boys just so i can get them to teach my youth.

ps..After reading yoru review i errr stitched him up for a minnimum release of 25 mil icon_wink.gif

Just finished 3rd season. Won the treble again. Won league by 29 Pts. My team is playing 3-5-2 the midfield is playing in a flat line with the 2 wide men and the d=central midfielder pushing forward with the other 2 dropping back. my team is

Roy Carroll - GK (Bouzanis is coming in for him)

Alex Pearce - DC

Andriy Rusol - DC

Alessandro Tuia - DC

Lewis Stevenson - ML (Galbraith cover for him)

Ever Banega - MC

Pablo Piatti - MC(attacking)

Kevin Thomson - MC(ferguson been injured all season)

Abdus Abrahim/Lior Refaelov - MR

Kerlon - FC

Jozy Altidore - FC

Subs

Kris Boyd

Karadeniz Batuhan

charlie Adam

Kirk Broadfoot

My under 19s won the league winning every game scoring 112 goals and only letting in 10. this is due to my 4 scouts been amazing. Ed van Stijn, David Hamilton, Ian Bloomfield and Steve Martin

Some of star players are

John Fleck (obviously)

Michele Rigione

Geoff Morrow

Robin Weissenfeldt

Lauri Dalla valle

Brett Higgins

Victor Moses

Dean Bouzanis

Just finished season 2 and won the league by 7 points from Hearts with celtic third.

Playing a 4-4-2 formation and here is my starting 11

GK :- Franco Costanzo

DR :- Alan Hutton/Steven Whittaker

DL :- Stevie Smith/David Murphy(ex hibs)

DC :- Sergey Ignashevich

DC :- Karl Svennson

MC :- Barry Ferguson

MC :- Thomas Buffell

ML :- Steven Naismith

MR :- Barry Robson

ST :- Kris Boyd

ST :- Kerlon

S1 :- Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink

S2 :- Kevin Thompson

S3 :- Kirk Broadfoot

S4 :- Ian Black

S5 :- Allan McGregor

I signed Mika Aarlito in season 1 for 350k and got an offer of 7m for him at end of season so I sold him. Also sold Hemdani to Real Madrid for 2m. Got 3m for season 3 and looking for a new striker and left mid any ideas guys????

Bought Kerlon, can't seem to get him playing well. How does everyone else play him?

I'm on Season 2 after winning the treble in my first, isn't go the best, currently sitting 3rd in December. Rory Loy and Nacho Novo are banging in the goals for me after Boyd and Naismith are out for 3/4 months..

Also Alan Lowing...wow, he's pretty much as good as Alan Hutton now so I retrained Hutton into centre half as Lowing couldn't. Lowings also great a set pieces. What a surprise.

Originally posted by BLACKWIRE:

Bought Kerlon, can't seem to get him playing well. How does everyone else play him?

I'm on Season 2 after winning the treble in my first, isn't go the best, currently sitting 3rd in December. Rory Loy and Nacho Novo are banging in the goals for me after Boyd and Naismith are out for 3/4 months..

Also Alan Lowing...wow, he's pretty much as good as Alan Hutton now so I retrained Hutton into centre half as Lowing couldn't. Lowings also great a set pieces. What a surprise.

I always play Kerlon as a striker but dont have him as a target man. He scores 25 - 30 per season for me

Hey black wire cool team! i got andreas Laudrup and awaiting the arrival of mads, even have Prso jr joining me in january! i won the treble in my first season domestic that is...and half way thru my second season, two questions for you, How much you get kerlon for ? and is harry kewell any good ? cheers man going to post ma team up later icon14.gif

icon_frown.gif just had to sell Van Der Vaart...He was my ace inmy pack, Scoring over 30 odd goals half way through this season, and about 40 all last season in total. but truth be told his stats dropped ever so slightly and after being dropped from the dutch side, i think it was time to move on. he was unhappy at me not allwing him to talk to teams, so i gave him what he wanted and off he went for 8 mil. icon_frown.gifi was planning on fattening him up for 15 mil, but he wanted to go! i got, Andrea laudrup, savait,monnet piatti some chinese guy ready to take the AT-M role! so not all is lost! but rafael was the kinda guy who would blow the roof off the place with a screamer if your team was having one of those nights against some micky mouse 3rd division team.

p.s he was also the guy who would slay ''THEM'' everytime we clashed.

ahhhh great, ive never had this before, Ive just won the league for the second time in a row.My contract is coming to an end. in season 06/07 & 07 / 08 has seen me win 8 honours with one cup still to play for...ok i admit, my time in europe hasnt been good, but it would really help if the chairman would give me sum real cash to bring in real players.they are currently thinking about renewing my contract and i have declined to comment seeing some high positions have come available with the likes of man-u ajax and real madrid. after two years celtic have only beaten me once and i have murdered them all over times. i have a world class rating and i have never had a fall out with a player, so im a touch confused to why they are even thinking about it, i have a young squad with a ton of potential.ive about 6 games to go before the league is over. the fans love me but im a little bemused at the board, my other games have seen me win eurocups back to back etc but for this game i have taken my time on trying new ieas while still going on 20 odd games unbeaten. any tips guys or has someone had this before? and is my fate sealed already ?

apart from europe my performance has been great and am happy with everything exepct this stupid board, as i have said...i have refused to comment on my future at the club when asked by the media, but its weird because having already won the league with about 6 games left..i wonder if this is where the game gets really stupid and fires me if i lose to many of those after i send out my youth squad.

I started with Rangers and im not doing so good at the moment, sitting 2nd in the SPL trailing Celtic by about 10 points, they also took N. Bendtner and Gourcuff on loan after they rejected loan offers from me!, ive managed to bring in some decent players but i seem to lose against weaker teams and my strikers cant hit a barn door at the minute, they started greak Kris Boyd and Bogdan Stancu both scoring 12 goals in 12 games each and now its been about 30 games and still on 12 goals!, lost in the CL group stages losing all 6 games (arsenal, lyon, steau bur) and currently in semi final of league cup V Dundee Utd and still in Scottish Cup 5th round, players ive signed are as followed...

C. Samba

S.Mota

Dalla Valle (Reserve)

P.Piatti

B. Stancu

M. Aaritalo

N. Barazite

GK- McGregor

DR- Hutton

DL- Papac

DC- Ceullar

DC- Samba

MC- Ferguson

AML- S.Mota

AMR- Naismith

AMC- Burke/Piatti/Barazite

FC- Aaritalo

FC- Stancu

My Rangers squad is :

L.Bailly

A.Hutton K.Broadfoot O.Esparza S.Smith

S.Whittaker B.Ferguson K.Thomson D.Beasley

K.Boyd S.Fletcher

Players In:

Omar Esparza (£3mil) From Chivas. Pos: DL

Steven Fletcher (£5.5mil) From Hibs. Pos: ST

Lauri Dalla Valle (Free) From JIPPO. Pos: AMC/FC

Logan Bailly (£600k) From Genk. Pos: GK

Thiago (Free) From Barcelona. Pos: MC

Players Out:

Sasa Papac (£3mil) To Wigan

Thomas Buffel (£3mil) To Wigan

Carlos Cuellar (£7mil) To Schalke

Roy Carroll (£1.5mil) To Aberdeen

First season i didnt do to well finished second to them and didnt win a thing.

players in

Bacinovic £160k

Lomski £45k

Stancu £325k

Samardzic £50k

Ignasevich free

Piatti £150k, Mihelic £400k, Saivet £500k, A.Silva £3m, Altidore £500k, Alex £275k & Zarate £3.1m. total 8.5m

players out

Loy £55k, Whittaker £1.5m, Adam £1.9m

Darchville £1.4m, Emslie £80k, Cousin £850k

Hemdani £3.4m, Buffel £5m, Lennon £450k, Stancu £500k, Burke £6m. total 21m

Now into my second season doing ok only played 6 games and unbeaten and into the CL group stage. Still under a bit of pressure from the board due to my crap first season. Martin Bain is the new chairman and has started to interfere by accepting offers for players i want to keep.

players in

Nugent £7.5m, Grohe £7m, Elmander £10m, Kerlon £4m. total 28.5m

players out

Broadfoot £600k, Saivet £800k Chairman, Gow £725k, Beasley £7m chairman, Naismith £5.25m chairman & Boyd £6.5m. total 21m

My formation is

Str Str

Amc

Mc Mc

Lwb Rwb

Cb Cb Cb

Originally posted by Dinko84:

Hey black wire cool team! i got andreas Laudrup and awaiting the arrival of mads, even have Prso jr joining me in january! i won the treble in my first season domestic that is...and half way thru my second season, two questions for you, How much you get kerlon for ? and is harry kewell any good ? cheers man going to post ma team up later icon14.gif

Heh, thanks.

I bought Kerlon for £6M! Pretty much waste of money to be honest. I didn't know there was an Andreas Laudrup!

I signed Prso as a coach in 2009/10!

Follow with pride!

Originally posted by BLACKWIRE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dinko84:

Heh, thanks.

I bought Kerlon for £6M! Pretty much waste of money to be honest. I didn't know there was an Andreas Laudrup!

I signed Prso as a coach in 2009/10!

Follow with pride! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snap up andreas as soon as mate! hes effective on the left wing and left wing attacking mid, but ive foud he is highly explosive at centre attacking mid! have faith in him and he'll pay you back double! and Dado prso is at gretna in my game, but i have MILAN PRSO...dunno the relation but his favoured personel is big dado! have a work permit issue kicking off here but i think i can work with him hes about 18.

In my first season I won the 'Treble' and got to the Semi-final against Barca

(Away Goals) icon_mad.gif

Second season so far and I have 21 matches unbeaten in the SPL top my Champions League group with Valencia, Man City and Bayern Munchen.

I just had to keep Naismith icon_biggrin.gif

Started a new gers game, got in so good signings, Stancu and Piatti. Flamini and Evans on loan team will look like

Gk. McGregor

Rb. Hutton

Cb. Cuellar

Cb. Evans

Lb. Papac/Smith(whenfit)

Rm. Burke

Cm. Flamini

Cm. Ferguson

Lm. Beasley

St. Stancu/Darcheville

St. Boyd/Cousin

buy jose altidore andrew m8. you wont regret it. wish i had kept a hold of him. Omar Andrade is quality replacement with nearly a goal per game. Just about to play 2nd leg of champ league semi at the brox against Barca. 1st leg ended 3-3(piatti double). I'll let you know how i get on

Archived