FM08 - Glasgow Rangers - Home Of The Gers

jonahno6

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy Fellow teddybears! Im about to embark on a new gers season and, Was wondering if you guys could giveme any pointers on what to do and what not to do.players to buy etc, Ive packed in my current season because mr murray Thinks he can stick his nose in...

P.s...If you give Thomas buffel the license to be a freeman and push all his stats up and let him play as a striker he'll do magic! Hell he piledrived 26goals in his 1st season with me.

Mcgr

Hutton Carlos Smith

Thomson

Burke Feguson Adam

Beasley

Boyd Buffel

Oh yeah..And keep the ball on the deck..MOAN THE GERS LAST 16 EASYYYYYY

Ok, as a blue nose the Gers was obviously gonna be my first pick. In my 1st season, without buying anyone I won the domestic treble, and reached the quarter finals of the CL (getting out of a group that consisted of Arsenal, Valencia and )

I went the first 27 games unbeated in all competitions, but for some reason towards the end it all started to go wrong (dont know what happened) and it took a last day win at Fir Park (sounds familiar!) to clinch it by a point.

Mcgregor is an arse, and all through out the season he keeps going on about how he wants to leave, so near the end of the transfer window at the beginning of the second season I sell him for zero and buy Gordon for 13million.

Then I discover the fixtures hadnt generated for the league, and apparently you need to have the patch installed to stop this icon_mad.gif

Im gutted as I was doing brilliantly icon_mad.gif

having loaded up the editor and had a look at the tims and us i was astonished at the ratings for the tims compared to us. boruc is potential 167 and mcgeadalodo 169 ! niknak was 165 which is the same as baz ... the rest of the team were shocking like boyd 140 so i edited it to make it more `realistic` with naismith -10 potential as is john fleck. i recommend this redressing of the balance ...

Originally posted by tylerdurden_9:

having loaded up the editor and had a look at the tims and us i was astonished at the ratings for the tims compared to us. boruc is potential 167 and mcgeadalodo 169 ! niknak was 165 which is the same as baz ... the rest of the team were shocking like boyd 140 so i edited it to make it more `realistic` with naismith -10 potential as is john fleck. i recommend this redressing of the balance ...

cant u just accept celtic are a better team than rangers so you can stop cheating

Originally posted by ciaran_celtic:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tylerdurden_9:

cant u just accept celtic are a better team than rangers so you can stop cheating </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha have you saw the old firm results lately?

Typical Celtic fan.

Ok guys, Its 1:16 in the morning and ive just quit my game! Im sick to the back teeth of pumping teams for 88 minutes only for sum diddy we player to pop up with his 1st GOAL OF THE SEASONNNNN wich results in me losing the game...

So im going to start a game right now as the gers of course and im going to take my time instead of rushing through it and falling out with the board, the fans, the players as well as those assholes at the F.A....

I would be greatful if you guys would hand me some tips on what to do and what not to do as a gers manager? tactics for the spl n stuff...Ive got all my own players sorted but if anyone has a anme that hasnt been mentioned on the forum i'd try that out...So together icon_mad.gif WE WILL WIN icon_biggrin.gif C'mon the gerssssss!!

P.S 3-1 Scotland on saturday BELIEVEEEEEEE!!!

Keep your defenders deep, have the central defenders hold the ball up and use short passing for dry conditions. Use mixed for wet/windy weather.

Use closing down. Team man marking although have your right and left backs use Zonal.

I use a 4-3-2-1 tactic.

I usually pump most teams in Scotland by 3/4 goals using most of this...

Coasted the league in the first season, got to both cup finals and lost to Celtic though. Lat 16 on Chamions League also.

Money is tight in the second season, got the stadium up to 59,000 which cost £15m and ugraded the training to the best it can be. Picked up Aquafrancesca in the January window and he's kicked started my season, scoring a goal a game and top of the league by 5 points. Also perfect home record in the league - fortress Ibrox!

Third season now

Still have the same back 4

With Manninger as the goalie.

Have a midfield of Balitsch, and BF

Ziani Taarabt and Farfan

vantaggiato up front

Came out the CL group with barca juvie and Kiev in second and lost on away goal to Munich

Three games from the end 3 points ahead of septic when they come to the brox

Brown gets sent of for violent conduct against Barry and Nakamura follows him five mins latter

We run out 7-2 winners

And go on to win the league.

That is three in a row

mon the gers

Originally posted by BLACKWIRE:

Keep your defenders deep, have the central defenders hold the ball up and use short passing for dry conditions. Use mixed for wet/windy weather.

Use closing down. Team man marking although have your right and left backs use Zonal.

I use a 4-3-2-1 tactic.

I usually pump most teams in Scotland by 3/4 goals using most of this...

Blackwire....

Wolves 0:2 Gers

Gers 6:0 Sheriff

inverness 0:4 Gers

Sheriff 1:4 ( reserves )

Gers 3:0 St mirren

Gers 3:1 Fenerbahce

Cheers mate...Or as DeMarcus would say....Hey thanks mateyyy!

Originally posted by RealMeanDigsy:

McGregor wanted transfer listed at the end of the second season, Preston (now in the EPL) come in straight in with a bid of £4.2m.

Thanks very much, I'll take that and both your arms.

LOL Digsy good job! Ive just sold Papac for 5.5million to wigan mwuhahahaaaaa .....thou smith isnt back from injury yet...hmmm icon_rolleyes.gif

I am a bit bewildered at the board at the minute, 3 games away from the end of the second season and they are going to the press talking about whether they should renew my contract or not, id understand if id messed everything up but in my opinion ive done alreet

1st season - 2nd in the league, won scottish and league cups and the Euro Cup (on penalties to Palermo)

2nd season - already won the league cup, joint top with 'them' in the league, in the final of the scottish cup and preparing to play the second leg of a champions league semi final against Arsenal (1st leg 3:2 them), where i put out Barca nonetheless in the previous round!!

Ive knocked back job offers from Lazio, Espanyol!!

They better ruddy offer me a new deal or im walking!!

Originally posted by johnuig8:

I've started as Rangers but I'm struggling to shift players like Hemdani for decent money, how is everybody going about selling them? Are you offering them to teams? Transfer listing them or just waiting for offers to come in?

Personaly i'd keep Hemdani, he does a good job and hes got that steel you need for the spl. Thou if you insist..If your at pre season give him a couple of games in his prefered position after putting him on the transfer market and set the offers to be no less than say...3.3mil is hemdani 30years of age? i tend to keep those style of players until they reach 33/34...

for diddys like Broadfoot I think you'll have to Accept a cut. Its all about just finding out who you want to sell then holding your breath and giving them a wee run in the squad and hopefully you'll get a buyer in no time...Btw...In your youth squad Theres a we striker called Cambell ? dont sell him and bring him on because hes marked as the next Super ally! icon_wink.gif

Pre-season for 09/10 now, squad is really starting to change now. Hemdani left on a free, Darchville I let go as he's become rubbish, his stats drop very quick after the first season.

Also, MacGregor has been sold, so I have two young keepers that's my scouts rate vary highly so I'll stick with one of them me thinks. Cousin, Whittaker and McCulloch transfer listed. I have 4 really good strikers: Boyd, Qvist, Aquafrancesco and Vantaggiato. Just need to bring in a MC then I;ve got a good 20 man first team.

I'm struggling to get Fergie to perform. I had a good pre-season and a good start domestically, but crashed out on away goals to Lentspils (sp?) in the 2nd qualifier in Europe. Ferguson went missing in both and has been poor in the league.

Both the board and fans are concerned but I have been backing him and keeping him on - any tips?

Incidentally, Kieran Lee from Man Utd is a superb left back - got him in on loan and he is keeping Papac on the Judy Dench

Hey everyone, first post on the forum here!

Im a Kilmarnock fan IRL but decided to start with Rangers for a change!

In first season I won all the domestic trophies and progressed through the group stage of the champions league in a group including Milan and Valencia...

Going in to the last game , Valencia had defeated everyone (including a 6-0 win against Milan). I was sitting second after defeating Moscow Home and Away, Drawing at the San Siro thanks to a late Naismith header and losing 0-1 at home against Valencia. Milan played on the Tuesday defeating Moscow 2-1. I could progress if I defeated Valencia, Drew with Valencia or Lost (as long as they didnt score more than four!)...a surprising result was a 1-0 win to me! Boyd scored in 70 odd minutes and I went ultra defensive...

Next stage was against Chelsea!! Who had spent about 60 million in the transfer window in august. First leg at Ibrox couldnt have gotten off to a worse start...Shevchenko scored after 29 seconds. The game slowed down and we eventually equalised and then took the lead! I defended and defended but was held to a 2-2 draw when Pizarro came off the bench to score in injury time. At Stamford Bridge it was a poor game and Chelsea scored going into half time...the only goal of the game. Not a bad result and the board were happy with how far we reached.

Back in Scotland , after the league split it was close between Rangers, Celtic and HIBS! Hibs were second and I was third...I lost 3 games in a row and it looked like the league was lost. Last game of the season all three of us were on 77 points, I was third with goal difference and my last game was against Celtic. I had to defeat Celtic and Hibs had to lose to Dundee Utd. It happened and we won the league.

Just into the second year and I am unbeaten in the league after about 6 games *all wins*. In European Quals there was almost a big scare. Copenhagan embarrassed us at Ibrox winning 2-0. We went over there in an attacking mood. They took the lead going into half time. Half time team talk was all about giving the team confidence and the match ended 3-1, we went through on away goals!

My best signings so far have probably been Skjelbred, Torrado and Yakin. Have some more signings that are doing very well..including a few Brazilians (Kerlon has just signed).

I can post screens of any of this action if you care enough! My Champions league group included Olympiakos, Inter and Valencia (again)

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Junglemanchild:

Hey everyone, first post on the forum here!

Im a Kilmarnock fan IRL but decided to start with Rangers for a change!

In first season I won all the domestic trophies and progressed through the group stage of the champions league in a group including Milan and Valencia...

Going in to the last game , Valencia had defeated everyone (including a 6-0 win against Milan). I was sitting second after defeating Moscow Home and Away, Drawing at the San Siro thanks to a late Naismith header and losing 0-1 at home against Valencia. Milan played on the Tuesday defeating Moscow 2-1. I could progress if I defeated Valencia, Drew with Valencia or Lost (as long as they didnt score more than four!)...a surprising result was a 1-0 win to me! Boyd scored in 70 odd minutes and I went ultra defensive...

Next stage was against Chelsea!! Who had spent about 60 million in the transfer window in august. First leg at Ibrox couldnt have gotten off to a worse start...Shevchenko scored after 29 seconds. The game slowed down and we eventually equalised and then took the lead! I defended and defended but was held to a 2-2 draw when Pizarro came off the bench to score in injury time. At Stamford Bridge it was a poor game and Chelsea scored going into half time...the only goal of the game. Not a bad result and the board were happy with how far we reached.

Back in Scotland , after the league split it was close between Rangers, Celtic and HIBS! Hibs were second and I was third...I lost 3 games in a row and it looked like the league was lost. Last game of the season all three of us were on 77 points, I was third with goal difference and my last game was against Celtic. I had to defeat Celtic and Hibs had to lose to Dundee Utd. It happened and we won the league.

Just into the second year and I am unbeaten in the league after about 6 games *all wins*. In European Quals there was almost a big scare. Copenhagan embarrassed us at Ibrox winning 2-0. We went over there in an attacking mood. They took the lead going into half time. Half time team talk was all about giving the team confidence and the match ended 3-1, we went through on away goals!

My best signings so far have probably been Skjelbred, Torrado and Yakin. Have some more signings that are doing very well..including a few Brazilians (Kerlon has just signed).

I can post screens of any of this action if you care enough! My Champions league group included Olympiakos, Inter and Valencia (again)

icon_biggrin.gif

KERLONNNNNNNNNN Thats who i was trying to remember ! Cheers man icon14.gif * whips out his Transfer book!*

Too bad he doesnt do his crazy header trick in the game icon_eek.gif

He has 1 assist and 3 goals in 2 first team appearances and 1 sub appearance so not too bad so far...and the board room confidence has him maxed out saying its a wonderful piece of business :p

How much did you get him for? im in he transfer period the now.

i paid 1.5 with 1 million after 20 appearances and 10% sell on

Cool stuff icon14.gif thanks for reminding me of him, Scooped him for 1.1 with an extra 600K over 6 months...Their request notmine...with i found strange....Havent played him yet hes inmy reserves and fittinginto his new training Routine! Wheres the best lace to play this kid ?

ARCHIE CAMBELL...does anyone know if this kid grows upto fill super allys boots ? am 22 games into my first season and for the past 3 months ive had him on a dtrict trianing programe but ive not tested him because my Season is very tight... Does anyone onhere have success with thsi guy ?

Steven Lennon has been the best one for me and Fleck, Campbell is still good though

I sold lennon, Flech is going through some hard graft training, But cambell is about to get 90 minutes against morton so lets see what happens i'll post the results.

Preseason of 10/11, got offered the Spurs job and then the Man Utd job, had to have a think about that but still turned it down. Second half of the third season was a struggle, still finished second thanks to my awesome first half, won the League cup and Euro Cup. See what happens this season, if it goes well I'll stay to see through some talented youth players, if not I'll check out my options at the end of the season...

First season managed to win the domestic treble and memorable champions league final victory over liverpool.

Players out: Papac: 4 million, Hemdani 3 million, Novo 2million, Buffel 3 million, Cousin 1.6 million.

total raised 13.6 million

Players in: Jimmy Briand (loan), Leandro Gioda 2.5 million, Luka Modric 4 million, Julian Faubert(loan), Johan Elmander 5 million plus clauses, Stipe Pletikosa 2 million.

total spent 13.5 million.

Team

Pletikosa

Faubert Cuellar Gioda Smith

Burke Ferguson Modric Beasley

Elmander

Briand

Just about to start season 2008/09. I won the domestic treble in my 1st season pipping Celtic to the league by 3 points, beat Hibs in the final of the LC and Hearts in the final of the SC.

Just signed Lulinha. Can't wait to get him playing alongside either Thomson or ferguson in the middle of the park!

Needing a CB though. Trying to get Hobbs on loan for short term cover but hoping to sign someone during the January window.

Also, what's everyone thinking about Broadfoot? He played about 20 games all in for me last season and his value rocketed upto £2.9M. Sheff Utd came in with a bid of £3.9 but I rejected as I was short of CBs. He's turning out to be a hidden gem!

i am now in my 3rd season and i have only my under 21 players left over from the origonal squad.

after months of raiding brazil and argentina i then went to croatia norway and such and have built up a team with the average age of 22 and have won the league all 3 years.

my down fall has been the youth are not quite good enough over 2 legs against the bigger clubs in the champions league. domestic domination is achieved i want euro success.

should continue with the youth or buy some experience and go for it all out.

Originally posted by The Guvnor:

i am now in my 3rd season and i have only my under 21 players left over from the origonal squad.

after months of raiding brazil and argentina i then went to croatia norway and such and have built up a team with the average age of 22 and have won the league all 3 years.

my down fall has been the youth are not quite good enough over 2 legs against the bigger clubs in the champions league. domestic domination is achieved i want euro success.

should continue with the youth or buy some experience and go for it all out.

You should go out and buy some experienced players to help nurture the youth along.

Originally posted by dm_gers:

Nice results Dinko icon_smile.gif

Have started a new game with the patch. Qualified for the last 16 and sitting top of the league, coming along nicely just now.

Thanks man icon_smile.gifbad news tho, had alovly cocktail of the old fixture list not loading and my computer crashing and having to be factory rebooted, on my my second season...So im starting from scratch...Im having trouble tracking down this patch...does it work if i upload it during my new season wich im literly about to start? cheers and good luck with your season. icon_biggrin.gif

deciced to start fresh and sell all the guys over 29 and bring in the likes of campbell lennon fleck mcmillian and give them a chance and it has worked wonders. these lads are so keen to play it is awesome you play them for 5 games rest them for 2 weeks then play them again i play on that basis and its won me league and scottish cup. europe was a disaster but we will work on that. the signing of balloteli and piatti have also done wonders for me lol. 24 mil in the bank and i have no intentions of spending a penny in the summer.

Originally posted by The Guvnor:

deciced to start fresh and sell all the guys over 29 and bring in the likes of campbell lennon fleck mcmillian and give them a chance and it has worked wonders. these lads are so keen to play it is awesome you play them for 5 games rest them for 2 weeks then play them again i play on that basis and its won me league and scottish cup. europe was a disaster but we will work on that. the signing of balloteli and piatti have also done wonders for me lol. 24 mil in the bank and i have no intentions of spending a penny in the summer.

Sounds class! before my computer crashed i went AC but i baught the rangers youngsters & players like hutton aswell..Ripped the league apart, the likes of fleck and cambell just went Goliath when i gotthem to study after ronaldo etc...but the com crashed icon_frown.gif

Archived